NATION

PASSWORD

Harmonious Truths: Glorious Tales from the TSP Revolution

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Hileville wrote:Do you even know anything about TSP's history?

Who cares? This shit is hilarious.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Ofly
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ofly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Obviously not, because the Oligarchs have rewritten it to suit their needs and therefore nobody knows the truth thanks to their revisionism. Your deceitful and unanswerable rhetorical questions are fooling no one.

The people of The South Pacific will achieve harmony by cutting through the revisionist lies! This cannot be stopped!
Former Vanguard of the People and Commissioner of the Exterior of The South Pacific

Read the Words of our Dear Leader
Understand the Revolutionary Spirit

Hileville
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Re: Harmonious Truths: Glorious Tales from the TSP Revolutio

Postby Hileville » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:58 pm

I will make sure to tell B&N to leave you into region so I can eject you myself.

What is sad is I am actually beginning to think you believe what you are saying. Shame your leader doesn't.
Hileville

The Minnows (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Minnows (Ancient) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Great Comrade Milograd shall safeguard the Revolution, and the people shall reign triumphant for ten thousand updates. Your feeble threats fall flat even as they force their way between your pointed oligarchic teeth; you shall never eject Comrade Ofly, for your master B+N shall never seize again the means of production from the working class.

The Revolution is Eternal. The Revolution rises.

Hileville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hileville » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 pm

I didn't know B&N was my master. I will have to remember that one.
Hileville

The Minnows (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Minnows (Ancient) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:08 pm

As well you should; those who slavishly support the ways of the old without any thought for the future have chosen their own fates. They shall lick the boot heels of their oligarchic masters for all time, even the oligarchy's most stalwart members shall spend their time tasting the bitter shoe leather of abasement as they grovel before their overlords.

Only one oligarch may in the end be Delegate, and all else will kowtow and scrape before him. Great Comrade Milograd is fair and just, and holds his position only as a representative of the people. She is first amongst equals, the vanguard of the Revolution.

Praise her revolutionary fervor!

Hileville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hileville » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Milo is not a she. :p
Hileville

The Ghost Of Kim Jong-il
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ghost Of Kim Jong-il » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:11 pm

It is obvious to all that you are on the wrong side of history. The world has changed, and your eyes are too clouded to even see it.

Hileville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hileville » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 pm

I have asked to be enlightened by Milo and he refuses.
Hileville

Ofly
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ofly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Hileville wrote:I have asked to be enlightened by Milo and he refuses.

What more could you ask for? Milograd writes a Glorious Manifesto, and yet you claim he refuses to enlighten you.
Former Vanguard of the People and Commissioner of the Exterior of The South Pacific

Ofly
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ofly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Hileville wrote:Milo is not a she. :p

Milo referred to as "she" as a great vessel, such as the heroic Potemkin, is also referred to as "she." The Chairman is not a man but rather Milograd is the embodiment of an ideal, and thus our great leader is "she" in the eye's of the great people and proletariat of the South Pacific. Milograd embodies the Motherland!

B Wolf
Attaché

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby B Wolf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

I'm currently endorsing him because I appreciate a bold, handsome man in uniform that treats me how I want. ;)

Ain't nothing like the man that you knew from the corner
See him come up, and fuck up the owner
It's about his persona
Ain't nothing like a man that can do what he wanna
He loves me
He loves me not
He loves me
He loves me not

Pupils on flyby when I saw her
Some kind of mind-myth I was on her
My
Andromeda, but feel me it was a trap
She got me chained up got my mind snapped
Didn't realize I ain't got the size to save her
Now she's the monster ~ I'm wishing I could defy time
But like Heraclitus said, "That shit don't rhyme!"
Banned from the North Pacific and North Pacific -Zemnaya Svoboda is on my nuts.

Gavin Novawk
Attaché

Founded: Jan 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gavin Novawk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:45 am

B Wolf wrote:I'm currently endorsing him because I appreciate a bold, handsome man in uniform that treats me how I want. ;)

Ain't nothing like the man that you knew from the corner
See him come up, and fuck up the owner
It's about his persona
Ain't nothing like a man that can do what he wanna

:rofl:
Gavin Grey-Anumia Caedus-Turn Talleyrand-Oldenburg Novawk
His Imperial Highness, Gavin, by the gift of His Supreme Majesty, Prince Imperial of The Land of Kings and Emperors and Archduke of Ilum
His Royal Highness, Prince Regent of Clindea & Prince-Imperial of Markarth
Governor-General of Vienna
Archduke of the Regal Realm of The Kingdom of Denmark
These are the views of myself and no other.

The Minnows (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Minnows (Ancient) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 am

Great Comrade Milograd is me. Great Comrade Milograd is you. Milograd is my father, my brother, my sister, my friend. Milograd transcends mere gender pronouns on the course of her march forward; he is the will of the people made flesh.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:07 am

The Minnows wrote:

Great Comrade Milograd is me. Great Comrade Milograd is you. Milograd is my father, my brother, my sister, my friend.

Milograd is God? :eyebrow:
Milograd transcends mere gender pronouns on the course of her march forward; he is the will of the people made flesh.

So now Milograd is godlike, gender-neutral, a man, and a woman? :palm:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Fieldencampment
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Fieldencampment » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:05 am

Revolutionary security is the first and most important goal of the working class. It's therefore justified to remove subversive elements.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:46 am

Not a resident of TSP, but I applaud Milograd's efforts to halt the counter revolutionary forces to regain power.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Sheepatropolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheepatropolis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Cinistra wrote:Not a resident of TSP

Yeah, there seem to be lot of those around lately. Many who keep telling us how oppressed we all were until Milograd, our brave liberator came along.

Except of course. if you look at the RMB as far back as you'd like before Milograd went rogue, you'd see nobody was claiming to be oppressed.

The only oppressors are the new crowd claiming to be the liberators. Quite convincing to nations who are clueless to actual events, but rhetoric and dogma will only get Milograd so far. Eventually he has to either live up to his lofty claims, or form his own government. Which would just make him a hyporcite

I'm watching with a great deal of interest how he pulls the rabbit out of this hat.
Ex Elected Minister of Security for The South Pacific

Ex General-in-chief of The South Pacific Army

The Ancient Puppet of Lordieth

Ofly
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ofly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Rejoice! The wonders of statistics have proven irrefutably that the Oligarchs indeed oppress the masses with their unjustly stolen influence!

I conducted a 1-Sample Harmonious Patriotism Test

Let Accused=The true mean Harmonious Patriotism of the oligarchs Oligarchs
Harmonious Patriotism=Influence, where true Harmonious Patriotism is a minnow

H-null: Accused group is composed of loyal patriots to people of The South Pacific
H-alternate: H-null is not true
significance=.01
z=(sample Harmonious Patriotism)-(population Harmonious Patriotism)/(population standard deviation of Harmonious Patriotism)

Checks: Because the sample of oligarchs (B&N, Fudgetopia, Hileville, Southern Bellz) represent the entire population of their kind, and because the population of The South Pacific is relatively normal with regards to Harmonious Patriotism, it is safe to proceed.

Calculations: z=((560.25)-(8))/(10)=55.23

P-Value: p(z>55.23)=0

Conclusion: Because my p-value (0) < significange (.01), I will reject my null hypothesis. Therefore, there is evidence to conclude that the oligarchs are not Harmonious Patriots, and thus it can be inferred that they oppressed the common man of The South Pacific!

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Ofly wrote:

Rejoice! The wonders of statistics have proven irrefutably that the Oligarchs indeed oppress the masses with their unjustly stolen influence!

H-null: Accused group is composed of loyal patriots to people of The South Pacific
significance=.01
z=(sample Harmonious Patriotism)-(population Harmonious Patriotism)/(population standard deviation of Harmonious Patriotism)

Checks: Because the sample of oligarchs (B&N, Fudgetopia, Hileville, Southern Bellz) represent the entire population of their kind, and because the population of The South Pacific is relatively normal with regards to Harmonious Patriotism, it is safe to proceed.

Conclusion: Because my p-value (0) < significange (.01), I will reject my null hypothesis. Therefore, there is evidence to conclude that the oligarchs are not Harmonious Patriots, and thus it can be inferred that they oppressed the common man of The South Pacific!

No that does not make sense.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Sheepatropolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheepatropolis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
Ofly wrote:

significance=.01

No that does not make sense.

No less than the majority of what's been said, then.

;)
Ex Elected Minister of Security for The South Pacific

Ex General-in-chief of The South Pacific Army

The Ancient Puppet of Lordieth

South Pacific Belschaft
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Belschaft » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Ofly wrote:

Obviously not, because the Oligarchs have rewritten it to suit their needs and therefore nobody knows the truth thanks to their revisionism. Your deceitful and unanswerable rhetorical questions are fooling no one.

The people of The South Pacific will achieve harmony by cutting through the revisionist lies! This cannot be stopped!

Did that history fabrication I apparently did include pretending to run two of Milograd's four Delegacy campaigns? Or did I really do that? What about the time when I nominated him as my Vice-Delegate? Was that real? How about the time he was a made forum admin? Or the three subsequent times he was elected as a Vice Delegate? The multiple times he held cabinet office?
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELSCHAFT
GUARDIAN OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

With the cooperation of Federation Forces, all of your bases now belong to us.

All Hail Milograd
Civilian

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby All Hail Milograd » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm

South Pacific Belschaft wrote:
Ofly wrote:Obviously not, because the Oligarchs have rewritten it to suit their needs and therefore nobody knows the truth thanks to their revisionism. Your deceitful and unanswerable rhetorical questions are fooling no one.

Did that history fabrication I apparently did include pretending to run two of Milograd's four Delegacy campaigns? Or did I really do that? What about the time when I nominated him as my Vice-Delegate? Was that real? How about the time he was a made forum admin? Or the three subsequent times he was elected as a Vice Delegate? The multiple times he held cabinet office?

Yes.

South Pacific Belschaft
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Belschaft » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm

All Hail Milograd wrote:
South Pacific Belschaft wrote:Did that history fabrication I apparently did include pretending to run two of Milograd's four Delegacy campaigns? Or did I really do that? What about the time when I nominated him as my Vice-Delegate? Was that real? How about the time he was a made forum admin? Or the three subsequent times he was elected as a Vice Delegate? The multiple times he held cabinet office?

Yes.

So, none of that happened yet we elected him as Delegate?
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELSCHAFT
GUARDIAN OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

With the cooperation of Federation Forces, all of your bases now belong to us.

Ofly
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ofly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:08 pm

He. She. Both are irrelevant when discussing the Glorious Vanguard of the People: Milograd.

Milograd is first among equals. Milograd is an ideal. Milograd transcends the narrow definition of humanity that the Oligarchs once imposed.

To some, Milograd is a man. Milograd is strong. He protects the Proletariat as a farmer protects his family from the wolves in a cold winter's night. He embodies all physical definitions of masculinity, and the pile of letters of admiration from the ladies of The South Pacific, young and old, creates a new mountain to put on the map of the region.

At the same time, Milograd is a woman. She is a vessel for our Revolutionary spirit. She is mighty, like the great Battleship Potemkin at sea. She is a kind and loving mother to us all.

Because Milograd breaks such artificial boundaries, Milograd is truly all of humankind.

Milograd. One of us. All of us.

Last edited by Ofly on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay