NATION

PASSWORD

What's with all the retirements lately?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Vakolic wrote:
All Good People wrote:
Yeah, Facebook....bleh. What a time waster and trap. Why make data mining so easy for corporations, governments, and employers? People use to be smarter about their personal data.

And Cybernations....yuck. Robbed alot of good players from NS.

Don't even mention statesmanship...the rp boards would be far better if it wasn't for that acursed site.

No.
Last edited by Milograd on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorlania
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 13, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dorlania » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm

possibly b/c of boredom of the game?

idk, i mean its a bit of cycle i'd imagne, old players leave, new players arrive.
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face--forever"

Sardine World wrote:maintain

when you liberals cant get new technology because all the asians are dead, dont come crying to me

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Yes, but 9gag has nothing funny or original.
insert/gender/sexuality/political alignment/disorder
the soft parade has now begun~
Unity and Solidarity
Mallorea and Riva should resign

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Dorlania wrote:possibly b/c of boredom of the game?

idk, i mean its a bit of cycle i'd imagne, old players leave, new players arrive.

Good idea.

I'm gone.
The Blaatschapen should resign

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Aging Kings Who Look Good wrote:
Vakolic wrote:The reason people are retiring is obviously because we have lost our reasonable degree of control over their small minds.

We must begin rolling out our social life-suppressing drugs once again, my friends, to perge the masses of any degree of want to leave the game!

((Oh shit! Zhe evil plan ist now public! Oh no...change of plan...change of plan. How about beer? That always encourages people to stay...combined with the drugs, of course.))

Who invited this asshole? :eyebrow:

The flaming, knock it off.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:38 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Dorlania wrote:possibly b/c of boredom of the game?

Good idea.

I'm gone.

bye blaat!

Veskaland
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Veskaland » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 am

I "retired" during my college/university years. But now I'm back, somewhat.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 am

Todd McCloud wrote:ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

people get bored of the game (probably because of their attention span is my guess)
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 am

All this talk about retirement.... perhaps I should retire too! I'm getting too old to run this entire nation by myself!
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:14 am

Kandorith wrote:All this talk about retirement.... perhaps I should retire too! I'm getting too old to run this entire nation by myself!

Nah, you're practically still a baby. You're young, you can do it! Retirement is for quitters. :P
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:40 am

Tramiar wrote:
Kandorith wrote:All this talk about retirement.... perhaps I should retire too! I'm getting too old to run this entire nation by myself!

Nah, you're practically still a baby. You're young, you can do it! Retirement is for quitters. :P

Yea... more than enough land still to conquer! Or something like that.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Fotar
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Fotar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:37 am

Perhaps part of the reason people retire is all of the bitterness there seems to be in what should be a fun game.

I know that is why I left for a while...I just got tired of it.
Founder and Lord Regent of the second Council of Narnia
One-time Delegate of Balder
Progress through Respect. Power through Honor.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay