NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:48 am

Xoriet wrote:Anyone who thinks that TRT is indicative of TRR's foreign policy is a silly.

gasps
I've been lied to

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:11 pm

Frattastan IV wrote:
Glacikaldr wrote:Sounds like we should consider joining the APC if the NPO already sees us as the enemy.

Totes. And maybe Osiris will turn defender and refound the FRA with us because of its diplomatic crisis with Balder from last year.

I would be in favor of this! For what it's worth. Which isn't much. :P

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Frattastan IV wrote:
Totes. And maybe Osiris will turn defender and refound the FRA with us because of its diplomatic crisis with Balder from last year.

I would be in favor of this! For what it's worth. Which isn't much. :P

brb, going to find someone to banject for this heresy

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:14 am

Xoriet wrote:Anyone who thinks that TRT is indicative of TRR's foreign policy is a silly.

It wouldn't be the first time somebody blatantly assumed it was. Certain people in this ongoing discussion are guilty of exactly that. It's not a matter of them believing it to be true. It's a matter of such persons wanting other people to believe it as a means to attack TRR by proxy.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:43 am

The Church of Satan wrote:

It wouldn't be the first time somebody blatantly assumed it was. Certain people in this ongoing discussion are guilty of exactly that. It's not a matter of them believing it to be true. It's a matter of such persons wanting other people to believe it as a means to attack TRR by proxy.

Who are you referring to here out of curiosity? The only people conflating TRR and TRT seem to be people from TRR.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:28 am

Pierconium wrote:Who are you referring to here out of curiosity? The only people conflating TRR and TRT seem to be people from TRR.

I'd rather not say. It'd just derail the conversation. And if you're referring to Neq he's just taking the criticism personally. That or he feels rather strongly about the matter and his passionate responses have muddled what he was trying to say.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

The Aligned People
Secretary

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

TRT Outlander Initiative

Postby The Aligned People » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Howdy! I'm the Media Officer of the Rejected Realms, The Aligned People. In an effort to be more diverse and give a voice to more perspectives, TRT is introducing its “Outlander Initiative.” This program will open The Rejected Times' doors to all of NationStates regardless of their diplomatic status or R/D affiliations. Non-citizen and non-residential players would have the freedom to write what they want with the same oversight as any other TRT Staff member. This could even be an opportunity for our critics to “show us how it’s done” and “put their money where their mouth is” as our former Delegate, the church of Satan put it. Depending on the interest for this there may end up being a backlog for articles to publish, but we’ll make sure to get Outlander Initiative articles out alongside staff member articles as frequently as it is practical. And yes, while this may be a chance for our critics to respond to us, we won’t allow anything that is blatantly demeaning or emotionally harmful towards anyone to be published in TRT.

To submit an article you have written, just head over to this Google Form. Article deadlines will be updated each month, and they can be seen here. If you would like to write an article, please keep a few things in mind: keep it at a reasonable length, nothing too long or too short; try not to go off on any long tangents that could be found boring; and please voice your opinions in a respectful manner. If you would like to view past publications of TRT, here is the link to our archives.

The Rejected Realms Officer of Media,
The Aligned People
The Aligned People
"We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end."

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 am

This offends me. What's next, we'll automatically consider "outlanders" citizens too!?
Last edited by Wabbitslayah on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm

The Aligned People wrote:keep it at a reasonable length, nothing too long or too short; try not to go off on any long tangents that could be found boring;

But would that really be TRT articles then? :P

Jokes aside, I actually think this is a great development and will result in TRT being an even better publication because of it. Best of luck!
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:32 pm

Syberis wrote:But would that really be TRT articles then? :P

Jokes aside, I actually think this is a great development and will result in TRT being an even better publication because of it. Best of luck!

That's what we're hoping for. I know some of our critics have adamantly refused to write for us but I really do want their perspective in our releases. They've complained for so long that we don't write from their perspective but how could we? We don't understand their perspective in the way they do. If they don't offer to show us their perspective how can they expect us to do it for them? I truly do encourage them to take us up on this offer.
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free the WA gnomes!

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Mostly what I'm getting out of this is that between TRT and some other newspapers, I can totally make an entire NS career out of just writing newspaper articles.

Truly NS is the greatest of all political simulators.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Mostly what I'm getting out of this is that between TRT and some other newspapers, I can totally make an entire NS career out of just writing newspaper articles.

But sometimes almost no one comments on your writing :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Mostly what I'm getting out of this is that between TRT and some other newspapers, I can totally make an entire NS career out of just writing newspaper articles.

But sometimes almost no one comments on your writing :P

I liked your article especially the Miss Congeniality reference (and am guilty of just stating it via DM and not here which frustrates me when other people do it) :P

I also do agree that the quality of NSGP conversation could be improve greatly if players provided more thoughtful responses and engaged in discussion. The whole "NSGP is hell" is a common trope that's been recurring for a bit and if players want to change it maybe engaging more in the kinds of discussions we want to see would help.

The Aligned People
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Issue LI

Postby The Aligned People » Wed May 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Issue LI | May 1, 2019

Media Officer: The Aligned People
Editor-in-Chief: The Aligned People

Index

"The Lost World: Rejected Park" | NEWS | WRITTEN BY Senior Correspondent The Church of Satan | EDITED BY The Aligned People
"Paying Tribute" | FEATURE | WRITTEN BY Editor-In-Chief The Aligned People | EDITED BY The Aligned People
"April Elections" | NEWS | WRITTEN BY Intern Morover | EDITED BY The Aligned People
"Rediscovering NationStates in Our Communities" | OPINION | WRITTEN BY Intern Deadeye Jack | EDITED BY The Aligned People

[align=center]Image

The Lost World: Rejected Park
NEWS | WRITTEN BY Senior Correspondent The Church of Satan

Bursting with...history?

For the last sixteen months The Rejected Realms Historical Society, founded by Marilyn Manson Freaks, has searched high and low to recover and uncover the history of The Rejected Realms and the rest of NationStates. Inspired by The Library of Spurned Knowledge, first established in October of 2014, The Rejected Realms Historical Society has done anything from compiling a list of Vice-Delegates to documenting the region’s highest and lowest number of nations. Progress has been slow going but that has changed over the last four months. With the assistance of volunteers in the NS History thread begun gathering information on and researching The Rejected Realms’ first known delegate, Sagar. There isn’t much known about Sagar so at present there is a lot of speculation and conjecture. Available information suggests that Sagar was a raider and his becoming delegate in The Rejected Realms was the result of a raid. His calling card appears to be adding “E2” to the WFE of regions he raided. E2 is also believed to be the name of his raiding group. Research, however, has determined that “E2” is more likely a reference to the postcode of a region in the UK. This suggests that Sagar himself probably lived in that area. E2 had also invaded Axis of Evil where Sagar had held the delegacy for a month. Unfortunately, that is the extent of available information on Sagar.

a high res remastered version of the ACC flag

It’s most successful endeavor so far is its research into early TRR history regarding the rivalry between the Rejected Realms Army and Atlantic Central Command. While their proboards forum is stable it only offers a small amount of information. It does have some interactions between high ranking ACC members and high ranking RRA members such as Gres and Kandarin. There were, of course, several gaps to fill in. Not all of the gaps have been filled but significant progress has been made. Various ACC forums were located but only as archives from the Wayback Machine. One such forum confirmed the exact date of the ACC’s formation, March 16, 2003. CentComm, the proboards forum of the ACC also showed the defection of Gres from the ACC to devote his efforts to the RRA which he himself had created. Additionally, the resignation and exile from the ACC of Louldamin (aka the one in disgrace), who’d held the delegacy of TRR twice for brief periods of time was displayed as well. Attempts to contact MrNonchalant, the founder and (for a time) leader of the ACC were unsuccessful. However former ACC member Raptor was located and happily spoke with TRRHS about the RRA/ACC rivalry. With a little encouragement from TRRHS historians, Marilyn Manson Freaks and The Church of Satan, Raptor even made a remastered, high res version of the ACC flag. He even supplied copies of the ACCs military rank flags. Kandarin himself (with encouragement from TRRHS) also entered the conversation to reminisce about their past battles. With their highly appreciated assistance the early history of TRR, the RRA and even the part the ACC played in the region is better preserved and documented not just for future rejects but for the NationStates community as well.

Most recently TRRHS has been in contact with Westwind, also known as the notorious Lewis and Clark who’d established The Crimson Order in The North Pacific during 2008. The collaborative efforts of Westwind (as delegate of TNP), Equilism, Gatesville and The Last Kingdom (among others) made up the organization we know as The Crimson Order. While the goal of The Crimson Order was to restore activity to The North Pacific and eventually the rest of NationStates they only managed to hold onto the delegacy in The North Pacific for three months. They were definitely thought of as influential enough to sit at the table in feeder politics. So much that Moo-Cows, then Emperor of the NPO had sought The Crimson Order’s aid to stave off an attempted coup by JAL (John Ashcroft Land aka Durk), Nevadar and Darkesia. There’s still more information to sift through but TRRHS has ample information to document The Crimson Order’s activities for now. Naturally, they will dig for more information. The search is far from over.

Paying Tribute
FEATURE | WRITTEN BY Editor-In-Chief The Aligned People

January 27, 2013, was the day that the very first issue of The Rejected Times was put out! Since then, we have published 51 issues (this one included). It has been a long journey to get to where we are today, and none of it would be possible without the hard work and dedication of those who have taken on the challenge of becoming an author for TRT. Some authors have even been willing to write entire issues in times of need and they have never once asked for recognition. In TRR we will always give credit where it is due, so on behalf of the TRR Media Corporation, I would like to thank everyone who was and who is an author for TRT.

Honorable Mentions

Kogvuron: The Founder of TRT as we know it today. A couple of years prior to the founding, there was an attempt to create TRT by another, but it didn’t turn out. Kogvuron was really able to shape TRT and mold it into something that is continuing to grow and be active seven years later. Kogvuron has an award named after them self, simply the “Kogvuron Award,” that the Editor-In-Chief can currently award to a TRT member for “Veteran Contribution in The Rejected Times.” Kogvuron did receive his own award, however, that was under the retired qualifications for receiving the award: writing ten opinion articles or features. In the early days of TRT, Kogvuron wrote issues II, III, and V all by himself to ensure that TRT would live on. All together, Kogvuron has written 26 articles, and is ranked as a “Senior Reporter.”

Unibot: Unibot was an original author writing for the very first issue of TRT. His very first article was an interview with Gates the God, the Founder of Gatesville, after he had returned to NationStates to “fight the good fight against … the WA.” Unibot created TRT’s Points and Awards system which was put in place March 3, 2014, to recognize the contributions of authors, and it is still used today. The ranks he made are given to members based on the number of articles written, articles edited, story tips given, and awards received. Unibot has written 197 articles for 31 issues and held the rank of “Maestro.”

The Church of Satan: CoS has been a dedicated member of TRT. He has single-handedly written all articles for issues XL, and XLI. He has also helped to write multiple articles for other issues that had only one other author. CoS has been innovative and dedicated to finding different ways to spruce up TRT over his years of involvement. One way he has done this was to start up Rejected Radio back in 2013. CoS went out and contacted 50 bands to ask their permission to be able and use their music in the broadcasts. Although Rejected Radio isn't around today, it is no less commendable. All together, CoS has written 43 articles, and currently holds the rank of “Senior Correspondent.”

Glacikaldr/PowerPAOK: Glacikaldr has edited many TRT articles to ensure that when it’s time for publication there won't be any mediocre mistakes to be found. There have been 34 articles cleared for release by Glacikaldr. During Glacikaldr’s reign as Media Officer, they wanted to take a more specialized approach to issues in that each issue would have a theme for the articles in it. If any article was out of place, then it would be saved for a special release between issues to ensure that TRT would remain active during that time between publications. And Glacikaldr has published a plethora of Special Releases. In a short interview, Glacikaldr also said that they were happy to be able and take part in the upbringing of NationStates media; from being just a couple of people starting up NS media to multiple regions and players participating. Glacikaldr has written 24 articles and holds the rank of “Correspondent.”

Marilyn Manson Freaks: Manson has written 28 articles for TRT and currently holds the rank of “Senior Reporter.” Manson is a former Media Officer for TRR. During a nice and quick interview, Manson stated that he would like to be remembered as just another writer that has helped and contributed to TRT.

Dedications

Gruenberg, Joe Bobs, Dr. George, Christian Democrats, Glen-Rhodes, Frattastan, Libertarian Republics, Starrie, Afforess.

After some time of digging through our archives, I was able to compile a list of all TRT authors along with the issues that they authored for. TRT has had a total of 62 authors over the span of its existence, and below is that list of authors along with the issues they took part in helping to make. The list is first organized from most to least articles written, then put in alphabetical order for authors that have written the same number of articles. This does not include the work done by those on Special Releases, or for Rejected Radio.

Unibot: I, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI, XXII, XXIII, XXIV, XXV, XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII, XXIX, XXX, XXXI, XXXII,XXXIII, XXXIV, XXXV, XXXVI, XXXVII, XXXVIII | The Church of Satan: XIII, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XX, XXIII, XXIV, XXV, XXVI, XXIX, XXXI, XXXIII, XXXVI, XXXVII, XXXVIII, XL, XLI, XLIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII, L | Gruenberg: XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII, XXIII, XXIV, XXV, XXX, XXXI, XXXIII, XXXIV, XXXV, XXXV, XXXVII, XXXVIII | Kogvuron: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, IX, X, XII, XIII, XX, XXI, XXII, XXIV, XXV, XXVII, XXXIII, XXXVI | Glacikaldr/PowerPAOK: XLII, XLIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII, XLIX, L | Joe Bobs: XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII, XXIII, XXIV, XXV, XXXVIII, XXIX, XXX | Marilyn Manson Freaks: XLII, XLIII, XLV, XLVII, XLVIII, XLIX | Dr George: XXXIII, XXXIV, XXXV, XXXVII, XXXVIII, XXXIX | Christian Democrats: XXVI, XXVIII, XXII, XXXVII, XXIX | Glen-Rhodes: IX, XII, XIX, XXV, XXVII, XXIX | Frattastan: XI, XII, XIII, XV, XVIII | Libetarian Republics: IV, XI, XIV, X, VI, XXXIX | Starrie: XVII, XX, XXV, XXX, XXXV | Afforess: XVI, XXI, XXII, XXV | Horse: IX, X, XII, XIII | Guy: XV, XXXIX, XLII | Omigodtheykilledkenny: XXIX, XXXIV, XXXVII | Relfa: XLII, XLIV, XLV | Ryno: XVIII, XXI, XXVII | Thafoo: XXI, XXIII, XXV | Warzone Codger: XI, XV, XXXIII | Cormac Stark: XXXI, XXXIII | The Grim Reaper: XII, XV | Kozmix: XLIV, XLV | Xoriet: XXVII, XXXIV | Aistaan: XXXVIII | Anders Blakewood: XXXVII | Apox: XXV | A Slanted Black Stripe: XII | Catalyse: XLII | Communist Europe: XXXIII | Cormac A Stark Xanthal: XIII | Cormac Somerset: XXV | Escade: XLIV | Frattastan IV: XLIX | Funkadelia: XX | Harenhime: L | Hobovnia: XXXII | Ikania: XXXVIII | Jeckondria: XXXII | John Laurens: XLII | Karputsk: XII | Katherine Rybeck: XL | Kathexa: XXXII | Kenny: XXXIX | Koth: XVII | Kylarnatia: XXIV | Mysterio: XLIX | Neop: XLI | New Tuva SSR: XXXIX | New Xanderstralia: XLIX | Punk Daddy: XXI | Ratateague: XI | Risottia: XXX | The Aligned People: L | Thebes: VIII | The New World Oceania: XXIII | The Rainbow Collective: XXXII | Thought Transference: XVI | Vulturret: XLVIII | Xanderstralia: XLIV | Yoriz: XV

April Elections
NEWS | WRITTEN BY Intern Morover

As mandated by the Constitution of The Rejected Realms, the positions of all Officers and the Speaker were automatically challenged on April First. As always, this spurred quite a few nominations, including Jamie, Deadeye Jack, Kyorgia, The Aligned People, and The Grim Reaper for Officer, while Marilyn Manson Freaks and Xanderstralia ran for Speaker.

The elections officially started on April Fifth, and there remained four days for ballots to be sent in. In the end, Marilyn Manson Freaks won the vote for Speaker with 84.6% of the vote, while Deadeye Jack, Kyorgia, Jamie, and The Aligned People became elected for Officer.

Frattastan IV gave Deadeye Jack the role of Culture Officer, Kyorgia the role of Foreign Affairs Officer, Jamie the role of Outreach Officer, and The Aligned People the role of Media Officer. However, soon after the elections were completed, Jamie resigned on April Twelfth.

This incredibly quick term, nicknamed by many as "The Shortest Term in History," lasted a brief three days. Marilyn Manson Freaks, the newly appointed Speaker, quickly created a new election for the role of Outreach Officer. The winner of this followup election was Bobberino, who is also the Minister of Defense for the North Pacific. When asked for a brief statement on his election, Bobberino said "I feel in this newfound position I can use my prior experience both here and abroad to aid in TNP and elsewhere as well as here at home in TRR to achieve great things with this office. Outreach especially has a special place in my heart because of who I am as a person and as a player - up-and-coming and both in a position to look up at people and look down to help new players, a position that doesn't last long at all. It's a great feeling, and I thank you all for giving me this opportunity."

The next automatic challenge period for officer elections will be held on August First.

Rediscovering NationStates in Our Communities
OPINION | WRITTEN BY Intern Deadeye Jack

NationStates is a fairly simple game. At its core, it provides people with the opportunity to answer issues for their nations, participate in the World Assembly, and choose a region to be a part of. If its community hadn’t created various other ways to play such as Roleplay, Gameplay, and R/D, it’s fair to wonder whether the game would still exist. As someone who has played the game for 8 years now, though, I’ve recently been contemplating how little of what I actually do can be considered related to NationStates. For me and for many in Gameplay, we’ve turned NationStates into a largely social experience, where it’s possible to never logon to the mothersite or use any of its features for days on end. But it doesn’t have to be that way. There are avenues the game provides for activity that are largely untapped.

One such area of vast potential is the General Assembly. In an era when many of the game created regions have unprecedented high endorsement counts thanks to the advent of widespread delegate endorsement programs, General Assembly resolutions remain an afterthought when it comes to regional activity. Admittedly, the General Assembly has a somewhat steep learning curve for involvement; however, most of its resolutions are rooted in real-world issues. So while writing a resolution may be a difficult task for newcomers, simply discussing the merits of the resolutions put at vote should be accessible to many WA members. Most large Gameplay regions have places to discuss resolutions, but little effort is made to direct the hundreds of World Assembly members voting on a regular basis to these places and most of the posts are one of two words: For or Against. It makes for an interesting contrast with regional legislatures, where people try to make up reasons to write new laws and tinker with existing ones, all in the name of looking active and having things to discuss. Regions could be better served looking towards the General Assembly to fill those same needs. And if a region builds a culture of discussion of resolutions, it’s possible that it could open up new opportunities for its inter-regional relations. Most GCRs have made security the centerpiece of their treaties, but there is nothing, aside from maybe a lack of a coherent ideological agenda, stopping interested regions from also focusing their foreign interests around World Assembly resolutions. "WALL" is one alliance that has scratched the surface of this potential in recent years, but there is still so much more to explore.

On a more cultural level, there are also possibilities to use NationStates features more. The most successful emergent Gameplay to be created from the features of the game is arguably the R/D game. It has provided regions with a source of conflicts and competition and introduced stakes to regional diplomacy. Also, it’s a lot of fun. But in some ways it’s become stagnant over time due to the outsized burden placed on it to drive Gameplay over all these years. It is time for the innovators and the experienced members of the game to find new ways players can compete with one another to have fun. Creative thinkers like Codger have taken inspiration from R/D and have come up with ideas like Poll Raiding and Card Defending as a means to use new features the game provides. These haven’t gone on to have the same sort of impact as traditional R/D but the effort is laudable. Currently, most Gameplay regions consider spam, various writing/image contests, and games like Werewolf as things that are the bedrock of culture. They are an important part of keeping people entertained, socializing with one another, and making offsite platforms look active. One need not play NationStates to experience any of that though. It raises the question of whether we are communities dedicated to playing NationStates or if we are just a group of people who met on NationStates and use it as a recruiting ground to grow our communities. It should be possible for communities to develop new, fun activities and events out of NationStates features; things that connect our experience to the game. With a little thought, Cards offer a means for a genuine currency system if you can figure out something to spend on. Squint a little, and there is potential to use the Challenge feature to start a fight club. Issues can be used more directly as a basis of roleplay. Some of the most widely popular events in NationStates history, Z-Day and N-Day for example, are directly tied to interacting with site features. There is some advantage in the novelty of those events but maybe it speaks to an underlying desire of the player base to want to play the game with features presented to it on site. With the right leadership and effort, this desire can be served.

At a time when at least a vocal few have claimed that the game is stagnating or dying, it’s incumbent upon us as a community to attempt to inject new life into the game and explore new ways to play. Site administration cannot be counted on to make major overhauls to the game code to provide new sources of conflict and competition, nor should we need them to. There are already relatively underused features of the game such as the General Assembly, cards, issues, and challenges that have the potential to become a much larger driver of activity in our communities and increase the share of time we spend in our regions dedicated to actually playing NationStates. It may seem like a lot of work, but after a lot of trial and error, we can stumble onto the next big things that keep this game fresh and worth playing.

Elfines article has been retracted and a statement will be released shortly

NOTE: The Rejected Times does not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Rejected Realms.

Show your appreciation by upvoting this Issue's dispatch here.

Discuss this Issue over on the NationStates forum [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=221965&p=35646092#p35646092here[/url].

Find The Rejected Times Index here.
Last edited by The Aligned People on Wed May 01, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Aligned People
"We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end."

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed May 01, 2019 3:03 pm

Uh, when did The Rejected Times start publishing hit pieces against individuals? If someone wants to write an article about problems in The East Pacific's government, that's one thing, but an article that singles Tim out for paragraph upon paragraph of ridicule is too far. Y'all should know better.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Wed May 01, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed May 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Some of us did say before it was written that there'd be a lot of outrage about it. But it comes with the job and Mudz does need the experience. So let loose the Maxtopians of war. :P
Free the WA gnomes!

Devi
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Devi » Wed May 01, 2019 3:29 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:Some of us did say before it was written that there'd be a lot of outrage about it. But it comes with the job and Mudz does need the experience. So let loose the Maxtopians of war. :P

And I suppose it was necessary that said experience came in the form of a hit piece attacking a single person? :roll:

Hell, I don't agree with a good 90% of what Tim does, but this is unwarranted.
-puppetmaster behind the thrones of warzones europe and africa-
-deputy overseer of tbh's terra corps-
-gremlin-
-some lame r/d utility i guess-

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed May 01, 2019 3:54 pm

yikes, I wouldn't have posted on the gameplay forum if I saw this thread being posted first. I haven't read this yet, so disclaimer: my other post criticizing Tim's actions in his other thread has nothing to do with Elfine's criticisms, which she came up with separately. I'll read it later and comment if I have time to look at Nationstates.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

The Aligned People
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aligned People » Wed May 01, 2019 4:49 pm

While The Rejected Times has more than its fair share of controversies there has always been a standard set by its writers. Over the period of this issue’s drafting however the organization as a whole has made a significant error in this one. Primarily due to a lack of proper oversight at the hands of the Media Officer as well as a lack of proper guidance by the seasoned journalists of this esteemed organization. These combined factors resulted in the gross misconduct by The Rejected Times that should never have occurred. Therefore we are taking the following action: the article has been retracted and we issue this statement.

Tim Stark, much to our dismay we have insulted and disrespected you greatly. Admittedly not all of us read the article. Our journalists, no matter the importance or influence in The Rejected Times will henceforth read each and every article in their entirety as a precaution to prevent exactly this manner of misconduct by any and all of our writers. We have become lax in our guidance of new journalists and this is absolutely our error. Beginning immediately we will make the mentoring of our new writers formal instead of the casual manner we have followed for some time now. We at The Rejected Times do hope this will be a sufficient preventative measure and that you find it within yourself to overlook this incident. We understand however if you cannot and you would be justified in doing so. You have our sincerest and humblest apologies.

The Aligned People, Media Officer of The Rejected Realms
The Church of Satan, Senior Correspondent of The Rejected Times
Manson, Senior Reporter of The Rejected Times
Deadeye Jack, Intern of The Rejected Times
Morover, Intern of The Rejected Times
Last edited by The Aligned People on Wed May 01, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Aligned People

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Wed May 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Hey there, just to clarify - Kog wasn't the only writer on Editions II & III, IV. I recall there being a full crew back in those days but Kog didn't want to use bylines. The anonymous "TRR News" editorials and cartoons for the Kog era run were mine, for instance. Long after that policy, we kept using the "TRR News" placeholder for anonymous submissions.

Some of my fondest memories from NationStates are from our newsroom keying stories in late night as they broke. We had such a great team with lots of energy and dynamism. I know The Rejected Times will live on, serving a new generation in NationStates as a source of insight and perspective.
Last edited by Unibot III on Wed May 01, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Wed May 01, 2019 8:31 pm

It's all good lol. I found the article funny as fuck, it was so salt-laden. def a good move to keep up on the proof reading moving forward though, no doubts
Last edited by Tim Stark on Wed May 01, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed May 01, 2019 9:19 pm

I do wish this whole thing didn't overshadow the other articles. >_<
Free the WA gnomes!

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Wed May 01, 2019 11:52 pm

A good issue. I really liked the history part.

I have not read Elfine's article and I doubt I want to, but I will say: good on TRT for addressing issues with it's articles in such a manner.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Neop
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neop » Thu May 02, 2019 1:34 am

The only error was retracting the article
neop

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu May 02, 2019 2:45 am

TRT should always have an article that's just one big long hitjob. Make it a tradition! :p
Last edited by RiderSyl on Thu May 02, 2019 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay