NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:26 am

RiderSyl wrote:Nice commentary piece on the NPO. I actually wouldn't have even read it if Pierconium and Zaolat hadn't responded to it like they did.

Good. I think it should be widely read. It illustrates a fundamental lack of understanding on the part of the writer and the Times that nations should be aware of.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:28 am

Pierconium wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:Nice commentary piece on the NPO. I actually wouldn't have even read it if Pierconium and Zaolat hadn't responded to it like they did.

Good. I think it should be widely read. It illustrates a fundamental lack of understanding on the part of the writer and the Times that nations should be aware of.

When will you be advertising it on The Pacific's RMB then?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:35 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Good. I think it should be widely read. It illustrates a fundamental lack of understanding on the part of the writer and the Times that nations should be aware of.

When will you be advertising it on The Pacific's RMB then?

No, nations in the Pacific are intelligent enough to understand the government of their own region. It isn’t our job to advertise poorly constructed argumentation from poor journalism. ‘Widely read’ in this context referred to nations like your own, that often has misconceptions of the NPO and its motivations.
Last edited by Pierconium on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:39 am

I love how outraged NPO members respond here. Can one of you tell me where exactly the article is factually incorrect?
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:43 am

Armaros wrote:I love how outraged NPO members respond here. Can one of you tell me where exactly the article is factually incorrect?

Outraged?

Really? This is laughable...at best.

I said the supposition that the Pacific was attempting to push the new position as a shift towards democracy was incorrect. Not really sure how that comes across as ‘outrage’.
Last edited by Pierconium on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Airengard
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Airengard » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:09 am

Armaros wrote:I love how outraged NPO members respond here. Can one of you tell me where exactly the article is factually incorrect?

What is hilarious is how you ignore what is being said in favour of laughing at some non-existent outrage.
As was said before, the article is factually incorrect. That is final. The NPO has never said it wanted to switch to a democracy and thus no moves were made in that direction. The fact that the article attempts to mock the NPO for failing at it is laughable at best and pitiful at worst considering how hard it is trying to push an agenda based on a false assumption. How long will it take for people to get through their skulls that the NPO has no interest whatsoever in being a democracy, and thus any perceived failings at achieving said type of government are merely idiotic attempts at getting any relevancy in a campaign that is losing interest within the community.
Last edited by Airengard on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exarch of the NPO
Long live the Emperor!

~~Nobody you probably know

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:14 am

Oh yeah, all these comments definitely aren't outrage at the article. Don't believe your lying eyes!
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:18 am

RiderSyl wrote:Oh yeah, all these comments definitely aren't outrage at the article. Don't believe your lying eyes!

I am not outraged by an opposition leaning news outlet claiming that the NPO is attempting to fool the world about democracy. I simply pointed out that it is incorrect. We aren’t claiming a move towards democracy. No outrage. Some here do seem upset though. Odd.
Tyrant (Ret.)

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:21 am

Pierconium wrote:Some here do seem upset though. Odd.

You know what? I am upset! Upset that you copped out of spreading this lovely issue around on The Pacific's RMB! Surely there are nations in TP that aren't yet educated on your government and could learn what it isn't from this article, right?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Airengard
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Airengard » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:31 am

RiderSyl wrote:Oh yeah, all these comments definitely aren't outrage at the article. Don't believe your lying eyes!

So, if someone lies about you, you should shut up and let rumours spread? You should stuff yourself in a corner and let people create more and more insane lies about you? Cause if so, then please, do leave the forums as I begin spinning the thread about some random non-existent sin of yours.
Exarch of the NPO
Long live the Emperor!

~~Nobody you probably know

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:33 am

I'm, what? :o

Oh, easy answer

it is all a sham with the hope that putting up such a façade will help out whatever public image they have left.

Except, we don't really give a shit about what others think? I ain't implying we don't understand where we went wrong not long ago, but we ain't changing anything For You (By you, I mean that in the sense of how royal "we" is used) that hasn't already changed due to outside influence already (Ale, Perg, etc). Vox Populi has nothing to do with pretending to be more democratic to satisfy outside observers. It really has nothing much to do with democracy at all, and the only reason any slight form of "democracy" that at all exists for the position is because it was believed that was the best way for the position to work. It's all internal, it was brought up internally, it was discussed internally, and decided internally. It wasn't decided alone by the Emperor and/or the Senate. Nothing outside, whether by demand or what we think the outside should should be seeing/whatever, had any influence.

It's fine if people want to say, "Hey, NPO isn't democratic". Cause duh, it isn't. I just think that's beating a dead horse imho. But it's not factual that anything about this has to do with anything outside the NPO. Here's another thing, some people are deadset in thinking that none of us (Emperor, Senator, Body Republic citizen) want anything to change and that we all or many of us or whatever want to stay the same as we did both times the NPO got in trouble. Fine. I'm okay with there being doubt like that.

Cormac has stated multiple times for example, he thinks this is so, and I respect his opinion. He's not the only one. Then there are those who are apart of the NPO, or friends to it. Then finally people who are somewhere in between. I'm not going to convince Cormac and others, that they're wrong, at least from my view of things. I'm neither going to insist that they are wrong for sure and should shut up. I will on the other hand state what I think is incorrect. If they want to ignore it, fine. If they want to debate it, fine. If they want to accept it, also fine.

I'm hardly upset, I only actively participate in the NPO and TRR. I just saw something that had one or more things incorrect and said something about it. I'd do the same if it was the NPO Times having an article on TRR, I'd say something as well on the other side of the coin. What's wrong with that?
Last edited by Zaolat on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:01 am

Airengard wrote:

What is hilarious is how you ignore what is being said in favour of laughing at some non-existent outrage.
As was said before, the article is factually incorrect. That is final. The NPO has never said it wanted to switch to a democracy and thus no moves were made in that direction. The fact that the article attempts to mock the NPO for failing at it is laughable at best and pitiful at worst considering how hard it is trying to push an agenda based on a false assumption. How long will it take for people to get through their skulls that the NPO has no interest whatsoever in being a democracy, and thus any perceived failings at achieving said type of government are merely idiotic attempts at getting any relevancy in a campaign that is losing interest within the community.

1. The article gets posted.
2. Pacificans come in here screaming how it's factually incorrect.
Totally looks non existent to me.

Just by the by, y'all say proudly "we have an elected official on the senate". After that it gets pointed out that it doesn't truly matter wether or not that one is elected since the requirements mean you can only vote for those who would be appointed in the first place. As a result, here you are screaming about how an "opposition leaning news outlet" (lmfao) how you never attenpted democracy. All good and well, but what do you think electing officials is called?
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:03 am

Armaros wrote:
Airengard wrote:What is hilarious is how you ignore what is being said in favour of laughing at some non-existent outrage.

Just by the by, y'all say proudly "we have an elected official on the senate". After that it gets pointed out that it doesn't truly matter wether or not that one is elected since the requirements mean you can only vote for those who would be appointed in the first place. As a result, here you are screaming about how an "opposition leaning news outlet" (lmfao) how you never attenpted democracy. All good and well, but what do you think electing officials is called?

Electing one official from a vetted selection of candidates does not a democratic government make. We never claimed it was, because it isn’t. Not really a hard concept overall.

No screaming, no outrage, no democracy. Seems like you could use a better dictionary. Maybe next time, okay?
Tyrant (Ret.)

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:16 am

Armaros wrote:
Airengard wrote:What is hilarious is how you ignore what is being said in favour of laughing at some non-existent outrage.

Screaming? What in the world? :roll:
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:25 am

Zaolat wrote:
Armaros wrote:1. The article gets posted.

Screaming? What in the world? :roll:

It's projection.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:32 pm

TRT publishes article about NPO, two NPOers reply saying it's incorrect, and now that's screaming? What like, bursting into the thread, ranting and raving? Because Ivan's and Zao's replies seemed cordial to me. Come on, y'all are better than this.
Malphe Vytherov

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:50 pm

I honestly find this amusing. Two issues ago a few APC members were flipping out about a meme and now the NPO is being told to calm down and not get so strung up about a story despite the roles being reversed only a bit ago. Anyway, again, even though I have to say this every issue, TRT is a citizen-run newspaper. In my capacity as Media Officer, I have minimal involvement and only edit and organize the paper. Outrage over an article will not silence the author and prevent them from writing about the topic in the future. :P

And Ivan, I just thought I'd bring this up, calling the region's newspaper an opposition paper is frankly absurd considering that literally anyone can write about anything except for OOC drama and (serious) random conspiracies theories. This isn't some tabloid written by a badly concealed puppet. In fact, I'd be interested in and love to see you write a response to The Aligned One's article on the position of Vox Populi.

And FYI, I only posted because I felt that both sides are using flawed logic.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:59 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:I honestly find this amusing. Two issues ago a few APC members were flipping out about a meme and now the NPO is being told to calm down and not get so strung up about a story despite the roles being reversed only a bit ago. Anyway, again, even though I have to say this every issue, TRT is a citizen-run newspaper. In my capacity as Media Officer, I have minimal involvement and only edit and organize the paper. Outrage over an article will not silence the author and prevent them from writing about the topic in the future. :P

I like to think it is projection. Is this a sign that TRT is becoming a Cormac newspaper? Polarizing everyone and loved by everyone (when it suits them)?
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Cataluna
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cataluna » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:21 pm

I enjoyed Souls' article.
Trans Woman--"Excuse my beauty"
Founder of Philosopher Kingdom
Socialism or Barbarism!

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:
Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:I honestly find this amusing. Two issues ago a few APC members were flipping out about a meme and now the NPO is being told to calm down and not get so strung up about a story despite the roles being reversed only a bit ago. Anyway, again, even though I have to say this every issue, TRT is a citizen-run newspaper. In my capacity as Media Officer, I have minimal involvement and only edit and organize the paper. Outrage over an article will not silence the author and prevent them from writing about the topic in the future. :P

I like to think it is projection. Is this a sign that TRT is becoming a Cormac newspaper? Polarizing everyone and loved by everyone (when it suits them)?

TRT has always been a controversial newspaper. Period. Not all of our writers agree with what the others write. I wouldn't call TRT a Cormac newspaper, by the way. TRT is very different from Miniluv.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:26 pm

Cataluna wrote:I enjoyed Souls' article.

I went back to check because I expected Souls' article to be the NPO one, and it wasn't :blink:

The Real Rejected Realms News
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Real Rejected Realms News » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:52 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:This isn't some tabloid written by a badly concealed puppet.

Reporting the news that The Rejected Times won't!

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE

Yeah that's us, duh.

NOTE: The Rejected Tabloid reflects the absolute truth of events inside The Rejected Realms.

DISCLOSURE: TRT does not represent the views of TRT or the Government of TRR, and neither of these bodies have any input as to what TRT publishes.
Last edited by The Real Rejected Realms News on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harenhime
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Harenhime » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:56 pm

Glad that at least one person seems to have read it, lol :)

Lord Dominator wrote:

I went back to check because I expected Souls' article to be the NPO one, and it wasn't :blink:

Nope!
My other car nation is Ever-Wandering Souls.

Former legitimate delegate of free, native, and constitutionally democratic TBR.

Miss Bad Life Choices
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Bad Life Choices » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:57 pm

The Real Rejected Realms News wrote:
Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:This isn't some tabloid written by a badly concealed puppet.

Reporting the news that The Rejected Times won't!

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE

Yeah that's us, duh.

NOTE: The Rejected Tabloid reflects the absolute truth of events inside The Rejected Realms.

DISCLOSURE: TRT does not represent the views of TRT or the Government of TRR, and neither of these bodies have any input as to what TRT publishes.

Was hoping you would show up eventually after that comment :P

Also great articles ^-^ Enjoyed reading them
Xoriet: You’re the best thing to hit raiding since Sev
Miravana: "the accident" is the best way to describe Dak becoming a GCR delegate

The Aligned People
Secretary

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aligned People » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:47 pm

In the announcement message of Vox Populi put out by East Durthang, he said this:
East Durthang wrote:We look forward to further establishing the role of Vox Populi as a new norm within our society.

To me, that says that East is wanting to gain favor with others by saying that the Senator of the People is here, and it's here to stay. Also meaning that the "democratic process" (if you can call it that) used to select the Vox Populi is also here to stay. And as has been stated by Pierconium, the NPO has no intention to establish democracy within its borders. So since the NPO has no intention to establish democracy (a well-known fact), why would East make it seem as if he is all gung ho about reform? He said it himself, he wants it to be the new norm within the NPO even though he couldn't want democracy further away from them. So I very much so stand by the fact that the office of the Senator of the People is intended to give the perception of democracy.

You would think that my argument is factual if the Consul of the NPO is persistently debating with others in the thread about how I have a "fundamental lack of understanding."

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:In fact, I'd be interested in and love to see you write a response to The Aligned One's article on the position of Vox Populi.

Couldn't agree more Manson! I'll be waiting for it... :)
The Aligned People
"We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay