NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am

Pierconium wrote:Yes, organisations can exist without being public. I think the confusion stems from my statement that I do not know if an actual organisation like the APC exists because there is no evidence of it through either statements or actions.

The APC piled onto the St. Abby delegate transition to Topid, many of them posting congrats on the RMB. One APC piler even declared that the APC had "crushed" the NPO: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=34065904

If you check that piler's nation page, you can see they were also banned from the Pacific by a Senator. Probably for posting anti-NPO messages.

None of this evidence is hard to find.

Pierconium wrote:As to the rest, I was responding directly to you stating I was dumb, so okay.

I was calling your argument dumb, and said it made you look dumb. I didn't say that you were actually dumb. That'd be straight-up flaming.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:44 am

Qwabour Harbour wrote:It seems that since Manson took charge TRT is getting worse and worse. The Politics Amino was fully from a defender's perspective (which I expectex), it did not detail the stress and the amount of coordination needed to beat the Security Council. While I wasn't a fan of the destruction, I hoped for at least a quote from Largo :p

Defenders perspective? Why, because I didn't sing enough praise for Osiris? I know about the stress and how much must've been done to beat the liberation to the refound, Alti gave me a textwall to get to know what happened, but how do you think an article about this would look with, what, "through the extraordinary efforts and exceptional organization of the Sekhmet Legion, the refound was pushed to just before the liberation passed"? Then that would be raider biased, wouldn't it? Some people would definitely think so. Trying to make an article unbiased is pretty difficult, which is why I kept it short and fairly non-descriptive.

In hindsight it would've been good to touch more upon the stress Benja was put under + maybe getting more quotes would've been good (I don't know how to contact Largo, I stuck with people who I knew well and knew were involved), but that doesn't mean I've somehow got a defender bias. I'll keep in mind any criticisms for future writing, as a matter of fact I welcome them, but let's not jump to accusing me of bias alright? Especially since I'm not a defender and had literally nothing to do with Politics Amino.
Last edited by Malphe on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malphe Vytherov

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Yes, organisations can exist without being public. I think the confusion stems from my statement that I do not know if an actual organisation like the APC exists because there is no evidence of it through either statements or actions.

The APC piled onto the St. Abby delegate transition to Topid, many of them posting congrats on the RMB. One APC piler even declared that the APC had "crushed" the NPO: https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=34065904

If you check that piler's nation page, you can see they were also banned from the Pacific by a Senator. Probably for posting anti-NPO messages.

Pierconium wrote:As to the rest, I was responding directly to you stating I was dumb, so okay.

I was calling your argument dumb, and said it made you look dumb. I didn't say that you were actually dumb. That'd be straight-up flaming.

No, nations piling into St Abaddon from several different regions with a few claiming affiliation with the APC does not confirm the existence of an actual organisation with the same name. Not one nation has been identified as one of the supposed ‘Organizers’ and not one official statement or policy or action has taken place. While it is certainly possible that it does exist, it is not evident to me personally because it is not clear that a coalition with a specified group of leaders has ever actually coordinated anything and the efforts being made by the member regions do not appear to be cohesive in their aims.

Also, you will note that my response stated that you know about dumb positions. I didn’t say that you actually have dumb positions. That’d be straight-up flaming. ;)
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Malphe
Diplomat

Postby Malphe » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Pierconium wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:

No, nations piling into St Abaddon from several different regions with a few claiming affiliation with the APC does not confirm the existence of an actual organisation with the same name. Not one nation has been identified as one of the supposed ‘Organizers’ and not one official statement or policy or action has taken place. While it is certainly possible that it does exist, it is not evident to me personally because it is not clear that a coalition with a specified group of leaders has ever actually coordinated anything and the efforts being made by the member regions do not appear to be cohesive in their aims.

Also, you will note that my response stated that you know about dumb positions. I didn’t say that you actually have dumb positions. That’d be straight-up flaming. ;)

Oh my lord who cares? Maybe APC is less organized, maybe it's more organized, maybe it's entirely out in the open or maybe there's more stuff behind the scenes. Why does it matter? I certainly don't have the energy to have debated such a trivial thing for like, what, days now? It's ongoing -_-
Malphe Vytherov

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Pierconium wrote:No, nations piling into St Abaddon from several different regions with a few claiming affiliation with the APC does not confirm the existence of an actual organisation with the same name. Not one nation has been identified as one of the supposed ‘Organizers’ and not one official statement or policy or action has taken place. While it is certainly possible that it does exist, it is not evident to me personally because it is not clear that a coalition with a specified group of leaders has ever actually coordinated anything and the efforts being made by the member regions do not appear to be cohesive in their aims.

Okay. Let's try more convincing evidence. An official in the NPO speaking as if the APC exists.

Pierconium wrote:How is that APC thing going, btw? Seems you had another internal squabble just yesterday.

No one in the NPO needs to believe me because it isn’t propaganda. They can simply continue to observe the opposition’s self destruction and lack of impact on the Pacific and know for themselves.

Not only recognizing that it does exist, but also 1) describing it as 'self-destructing' 2) describing it as having a 'lack of impact' and 3) saying the organization had an 'internal squabble'.

Oh, and hey, the NPO official recognizing that the APC exists and describing it is YOU! What's going on here? How did you see an internal squabble in an organization that you don't know exists?
I've got the answer!

Because you're full of shit, Pierconium. Now quick, respond with "lol I was only pretending so I could piss you off" again, so we can finally move on from this mind-numbing denial of the APC's existence.

Pierconium wrote:Also, you will note that my response stated that you know about dumb positions. I didn’t say that you actually have dumb positions. That’d be straight-up flaming. ;)

Go see what flaming' is defined as in the NS rules and get back to me. Saying someone has "dumb positions" isn't straight-up flaming.
Also go check out what "ad hominem" is in the dictionary while you're at it, since you're a real stickler for dictionary definitions. Saying I know about dumb positions is ad hominem. Saying I have dumb positions isn't.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:16 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Pierconium wrote:No, nations piling into St Abaddon from several different regions with a few claiming affiliation with the APC does not confirm the existence of an actual organisation with the same name. Not one nation has been identified as one of the supposed ‘Organizers’ and not one official statement or policy or action has taken place. While it is certainly possible that it does exist, it is not evident to me personally because it is not clear that a coalition with a specified group of leaders has ever actually coordinated anything and the efforts being made by the member regions do not appear to be cohesive in their aims.

Okay. Let's try more convincing evidence. An official in the NPO speaking as if the APC exists.

Pierconium wrote:How is that APC thing going, btw? Seems you had another internal squabble just yesterday.

No one in the NPO needs to believe me because it isn’t propaganda. They can simply continue to observe the opposition’s self destruction and lack of impact on the Pacific and know for themselves.

Not only recognizing that it does exist, but also 1) describing it as 'self-destructing' 2) describing it as having a 'lack of impact' and 3) saying the organization had an 'internal squabble'.

Oh, and hey, the NPO official recognizing that the APC exists and describing it is YOU! What's going on here? How did you see an internal squabble in an organization that you don't know exists?
I've got the answer!

Because you're full of shit, Pierconium. Now quick, respond with "lol I was only pretending so I could piss you off" again, so we can finally move on from this mind-numbing denial of the APC's existence.

Pierconium wrote:Also, you will note that my response stated that you know about dumb positions. I didn’t say that you actually have dumb positions. That’d be straight-up flaming. ;)

Go see what flaming' is defined as in the NS rules and get back to me. Saying someone has "dumb positions" isn't straight-up flaming.
Also go check out what "ad hominem" is in the dictionary while you're at it, since you're a real stickler for dictionary definitions. Saying I know about dumb positions is ad hominem. Saying I have dumb positions isn't.

My statement was before someone who doesn’t officially speak for the APC stated that the APC has never made any statements, formed any policy, or taken any official actions. So...yeah?

Try again.

I disagree with your ‘definitions’.
Last edited by Pierconium on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Harenhime
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Harenhime » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Armaros wrote:I liked the Pacific article. The rest is bullshit. What happened to the good authors and editors?

Excuse me POPMASTER isn't bullshit thx.
My other car nation is Ever-Wandering Souls.

Former legitimate delegate of free, native, and constitutionally democratic TBR.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Pierconium wrote:My statement was before someone who doesn’t officially speak for the APC stated that the APC has never made any statements, formed any policy, or taken any official actions. So...yeah?

Try again.

So you saw an internal squabble in the APC, but when someone told you the APC never made statements/formed policy/took official action, that was enough to invalidate what you saw with your own eyes and you began questioning whether the APC even existed? I hope a flat earther never gets to you. Or any of those "we're living a simulation" types.

Pierconium wrote:I disagree with your ‘definitions’.

Look them up then.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:41 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Pierconium wrote:My statement was before someone who doesn’t officially speak for the APC stated that the APC has never made any statements, formed any policy, or taken any official actions. So...yeah?

Try again.

So you saw an internal squabble in the APC, but when someone told you the APC never made statements/formed policy/took official action, that was enough to invalidate what you saw with your own eyes and you began questioning whether the APC even existed? I hope a flat earther never gets to you. Or any of those "we're living a simulation" types.

Pierconium wrote:I disagree with your ‘definitions’.

Look them up then.

I saw that some people, all of which state they don’t speak for the APC but claim membership, had a squabble. One of those same people later said nothing official has been said by the APC. I didn’t state this or make it up.

Definitions:

ad hominem
adjective /ˌædˈhɒm.ɪ.nəm/ formal

(of a criticism, etc.) directed against a person, rather than against what that person is saying

So, how exactly is you attributing a quote to me that I didn’t make and then stating that it is a dumb position that makes me look dumb not an attack exactly? Did you ever find that quote? No, didn’t think so. Not sure why this is going on. If you or anyone else believes I have broken a rule there is a place for that. I won’t be talking about it further here, but I am happy to discuss it there if you wish. We can also discuss you saying I am ‘full of shit’ and how you have been following me around on the forum as well.
Last edited by Pierconium on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant (Ret.)

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Pierconium wrote:and how you have been following me around on the forum as well.

Don't flatter yourself. Almost 3,000 of my posts are on this forum.

Also, ad hominem isn't against the rules. If it was, NS General would be deleted yesterday. There's a difference between ad hominem and flaming. One is criticism of the person rather than the argument they're making. The other is an attack on the person that crosses the line. You can disagree with my definitions all you want, but I do seriously suggest you look them up, compare them, and make a better effort to understand them. Ask someone else what their understanding of the terms are, if you're really so convinced I'm making up my own definitions over here.

Anyway, I think I've made my main argument well enough, and since the side-argument devolved into this mess, I'm bowing out here.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

The Real Rejected Realms News
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Real Rejected Realms News » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:20 pm

A man on the train offers you his paper, as he appears to finish it. Your reception is shit in the subway, you left your headphones at home, and you're bored, so you decide to skim it. That's when you notice that in one section, there appears to have been a sheet of printer paper hastily pasted on top of an advertisement for RejectVision...

Reporting the news that The Rejected Times won't!

Learn THE TRUTH here.

Special Update| February 15, 2019

"The Man"-Sticker: Brother "Claude"
Reality-Collector-in-Chief: Brother "Bishop"
Deputy Gossip Officer: Sister "Liberty"

COVER YOUR EARS
News | WRITTEN BY Brother "Bishop"

Brothers, Sisters, and family yet to come - I write to you today from hiding. TRT has been on the run for weeks now, ever since the RRA stormed our old press offices in the sewers. They want to shut us down, shut us up, but still, we shall write. This particular matter, undeniably, was pressing enough to risk what limited security we currently have.

This matter of vital importance is a warning: do not attend "POPMASTER!" Plug your ears, unplug the radio and tv, and hide in a quiet place in case they manage to turn themselves on via remote government action anyways.

Why?

Last week, while carefully observing the third "POPMASTER" event from behind protective gear, our sensors picked up some alarming, terrifying signals. Careful analysis show the truth: this event is merely a ruse, a ruse designed to provide cover for subtle auditory-based coercive persuasion, or in layman's terms, MIND CONTROL!

That's right - the songs played at this event are laced with psychoactive cognitohazards, of the memetic type. These burrow down into your brain, down deep below where you can even know you know they're there, and alter the way you think and act.

Who could be behind such a thing? I think a simple conclusion there can be drawn by looking at the leaderboards. In most subjects, the immediate effect of exposure to dissonant memetics will be one of at least momentary and instinctive resistance. While lasting only seconds at most, this effect should be strong enough as to delay competitive replies in the contest. On the other hands, those who already fully embrace the thoughts that the memetic is aimed at imposing will have no such resistance, and thus unimpeded performance. There may be some non-memetic "control" songs in the mix to disguise this effect, but the overall effect remains clear:

The top slots are clearly all held by fervent defenders in TRR. From this, we can draw the conclusion that the party behind these thought-altering waveforms is...THE RRA! Clearly, the RRA is using this event to brainwash TRR's residents into toeing their political line, at the same time as their armoured goons crack down on our publication. It's the only possible conclusion here.

One thing remains unclear - standing out from this crowd is the newest host of the event, Ever-Wandering Souls. What could his role in this be? Is he complicit? If so, it it as a willing defender plant, or as a victim of brainwashing himself? Is he merely a "beard," per se, an unaware DJ brought in to spin the provided tunes and charismatically host, with no idea of the poison he is spreading? Perhaps the raiders also benefit from this somehow, perhaps in the name of division and creating a stronger opponent, and are willingly assisting in the endeavor? Could it be something else entirely, that we haven't the background to even consider? More research is, as always, still needed.

In the meantime, reader, you know the line by now. Stay strong, stay woke, and stay alive.

Yours truly,

Brother Bishop

Would you like to contribute to The Rejected Tabloid? Contact The Real Rejected Realms News via telegram! No prior experience necessary. Anonymous sources welcome. You will receive a code name for all publications, for your safety. Join us today, and help spread the truths that TRT doesn't want people to know!

NOTE: The Rejected Tabloid reflects the absolute truth of events inside The Rejected Realms.

DISCLOSURE: TRT does not represent the views of TRT or the Government of TRR, and neither of these bodies have any input as to what TRT publishes.
Last edited by The Real Rejected Realms News on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Qwabour Harbour wrote:It seems that since Manson took charge TRT is getting worse and worse. The Politics Amino was fully from a defender's perspective (which I expectex), it did not detail the stress and the amount of coordination needed to beat the Security Council. While I wasn't a fan of the destruction, I hoped for at least a quote from Largo :p

Who are you? Also, I agree. It's quite hard to have an issue of TRT that stands to what Neq has released because he is a much better author. He has a lot more experience in media than me. Both in RL and NS.

Armaros wrote:I liked the Pacific article. The rest is bullshit. What happened to the good authors and editors?

Sorry, they're busy with life. Also, not my fault literally everyone decided to do other stuff. :)

On another note, why don't you guys come write for us? We always need new interns to bring me coffee.
Last edited by Marilyn Manson Freaks on Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Malphe
Diplomat

Postby Malphe » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:On another note, why don't you guys come write for us? We always need new interns to bring me coffee.

I do not bring you coffee, Manson.
Malphe Vytherov

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 pm

TRT is not a "people pleaser" newspaper. For better or worse TRT journalists write because that's what we do. We like to write. Veteran journalists of TRT realize that more often than not our articles won't be liked and we accept that. If you're so displeased with our articles then do something about it. Try writing articles for TRT yourself if you think you know what constitutes quality media or get off of your high horse. Because if you're not going to be part of the solution then you are part of the alleged problem.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:11 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:Try writing articles for TRT yourself if you think you know what constitutes quality media or get off of your high horse. Because if you're not going to be part of the solution then you are part of the alleged problem.

Or just do what I do and don't write for TRT at all because it's mostly a defender tabloid with a few jems here or there.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Killer Kitty wrote:Or just do what I do and don't write for TRT at all because it's mostly a defender tabloid with a few jems here or there.

TRT hasn't been the "defender tabloid" you want to believe it is since Unibot was media officer like four years ago. >_>
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Killer Kitty » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:15 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:TRT hasn't been the "defender tabloid" you want to believe it is since Unibot was media officer like four years ago. >_>

You guys have heavy defender bias. It sort of comes with TRR housing a defender military with the good old tag line that "RRA is private, we just host it" which is the weak excuse TRR has used since Kandy to try and dodge responsibility for being militarily defender.

TRT has been pro-defender to outright defender from the get go and never really stopped.

Elegarth
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elegarth » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:47 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Pierconium wrote:and how you have been following me around on the forum as well.

Don't flatter yourself. Almost 3,000 of my posts are on this forum.

Also, ad hominem isn't against the rules. If it was, NS General would be deleted yesterday. There's a difference between ad hominem and flaming. One is criticism of the person rather than the argument they're making. The other is an attack on the person that crosses the line. You can disagree with my definitions all you want, but I do seriously suggest you look them up, compare them, and make a better effort to understand them. Ask someone else what their understanding of the terms are, if you're really so convinced I'm making up my own definitions over here.

Anyway, I think I've made my main argument well enough, and since the side-argument devolved into this mess, I'm bowing out here.

Jesus, Syl, eat a snickers!!

1) APC non est is my baby, only mine, and as expressed in a different post: it is meant to amuse me

2) I'm surprised by the lack of Pseudo-logical thinking you are applying to this whole thing, let me help

The Facts:

- People has been speaking on behalf of a supposed organization called APC, or mentioning APC, or etc.
- We accepted such a thing existed.
- Then Cormac says the APC only speaks through joint announcements made by some group of organizers
- The Cormac says APC has NEVER making a statement.

The Next Part:

- If the APC has never made an official statement, then everything said that involves APC must be taken as unofficial - why not include is believed existence?
- If the APC Organizers has so far never spoken about th APC, then we must asume no one who has mentioned APC is an organizer.
- If no one is an organizer, no statements have been made, and no existence is recognized, we might as well say the APC is nothing but a dream, a chimera, a figment of groups imagination, a farse, etc

And if you can't understand by now how I find this funny, you need another snickers, mate.

Potential Solutions to this dilemma:

- the APC could declare its existence
- the Organizers could made any joint statement
- you could just ignore me
- you could declare yourself an organizer and then make a joint statement
- I could declate myself an organizer and then make a joint statement

Have you heard about objective and subjective realities? Well, take those concepts, add some sugar, salt, lime, a couple shots of tequila, mix well, put it in the over for 25 minutes at 300°C and then re-apply it to NS GP. You'll see the world through my eyes.

Also, remember, APC NON EST could also be satirical in nature, or pseudo satirical, etc. Aren't there infinite points of view?

Finally, and very importantly, Fratt: great article.

The TRR-NPO NAP was an attempt by Uni and myself to try to bring our regions together. It had reservations on both sides, and resistance and whatever. It was hard to complete and get, and it was fragile. It broke easily, I know.

I'd love to see it again, eventually. But it will take me some time to get there!
Last edited by Elegarth on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Royal Duke of The West Pacific
Patio Emperor of The West Pacific
Former Dragon Delegate of The West Pacific

The Delegarth

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Killer Kitty wrote:You guys have heavy defender bias. It sort of comes with TRR housing a defender military with the good old tag line that "RRA is private, we just host it" which is the weak excuse TRR has used since Kandy to try and dodge responsibility for being militarily defender.

TRT has been pro-defender to outright defender from the get go and never really stopped.

You're welcome to disagree even if you're wrong. The TRR government may include TRT in it's executive but it only does so because there isn't really anything to take it's place in the executive. TRT itself has been autonomous since it's creation. Hell I haven't been a defender in years and I ran TRT for the last two or three years up until...somewhere around last Christmas or so. Even then it was ran by Neq who if I'm not mistaken is a raider and also Manson but I don't remember what his R/D activity involves. So the notion that TRT has some kind of conspiracy-like defender agenda is nothing more than a baseless statement. Maybe if more raiders wrote for TRT the raider perspective would have a voice instead of waiting for an outsider perspective to miraculously match their point-of-view. But don't worry EW, TRT will still bite since you clearly want it to. Now reach that hand out just a bit. The journalists need fresh meat to rend, lol.
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free the WA gnomes!

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Killer Kitty » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:13 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:You're welcome to disagree even if you're wrong. The TRR government may include TRT in it's executive but it only does so because there isn't really anything to take it's place in the executive

So TRT is part of the government but only because "there is nothing to take it's place", ya say? Let me just razor that statement down to "TRT is part of the government", by your own admission, CoS.

TRR is a defender region, complete with a proudly displayed "defender" tag in its' WFE, and TRT is its' government owned news outlet.

Some of the articles TRT has come out with aren't bias or defender leaning, but most are.
Last edited by Killer Kitty on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Tri State Area and Maine
Envoy

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tri State Area and Maine » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:25 pm

I thought TRT being Defender was common knowledge

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Killer Kitty wrote:
The Church of Satan wrote:You're welcome to disagree even if you're wrong. The TRR government may include TRT in it's executive but it only does so because there isn't really anything to take it's place in the executive

So TRT is part of the government but only because "there is nothing to take it's place", ya say? Let me just razor that statement down to "TRT is part of the government", by your own admission, CoS.

TRR is a defender region, complete with a proudly displayed "defender" tag in its' WFE, and TRT is its' government owned news outlet.

Some of the articles TRT has come out with aren't bias or defender leaning, but most are.

I never said TRT was part of the government. The TRR government includes it in the executive yes, but the government doesn't tell TRT what to do, how it conducts itself or what it's content is/can be. Nobody regulates TRT except for TRT itself. As far as the TRR government is concerned TRT considers itself a private contractor that is 100% autonomous. That's why the Editor-in-Chief and Media Officer are separate positions. TRT does benefit from being part of the executive however. By having a place that will be displayed on the region's WFE it gives us free advertising. Makes recruitment easier than being excluded from TRRs official dispatches and such.
The Tri State Area and Maine wrote:I thought TRT being Defender was common knowledge

That's outdated information. By about 4 years in fact.
Free the WA gnomes!

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:01 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:That's outdated information. By about 4 years in fact.

Certainly not by 4 years.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:06 pm

Are we seriously here arguing if TRT is defender biased? Have you even read your own newspaper from a raider perspective?
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 am

This is getting messy and complicated for no good reason. I'll try to clear up the issues.

TRR law (as passed by the legislature, composed of all citizens) requires the Defender tag to be present. Otherwise, the details of policy are determined by the Executive (primarily the Delegate). It would be fair to say that TRR is a defender region, but with both domestic and foreign policies that are accommodative of diversity in opinion. We definitely have lots of non-defender citizens, and close relations with non-defender regions.

People are welcome to submit articles to TRT irrespective of their R/D stances. It is unsurprising that in a region that is defender-leaning, many authors' personal perspectives would be defender-leaning. In this particular issue, I'm actually not sure whether most contributors are defender, including the editor.

The goal of TRT is to serve as a high-quality media outlet and be a driver of regional activity, not to serve as a propaganda arm. In as much as TRT disseminates a particular viewpoint, that's a product of the people who write for it rather than any deliberate top-down policy.

If TRT's goal was propaganda, I don't think the Delegate would be writing an article on NPO's foreign policies through the years - I think TRR's foreign policy objectives would've been much better served with articles on other matters. :lol:
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay