NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times: Issue LII

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:19 pm

Kyorgia wrote:Those logs could not have been more boring not even if it was written by Onder

Yeah, just a discussion among userite raiders, taking place on a foreign server, about turning TRR neutral and undermining the RRA by creating a competing raider military. Clearly not a big deal. Definitely not an indication of collusion between Zaolat and Souls. Certainly not a sign of things to come.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Senator
 
Posts: 4310
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:20 pm

The Real Rejected Realms News wrote:
At your usual newsstand, you see a strange flyer posted everywhere - taped to the sides of the stand, stapled to nearby telephone poles, and in a large stack next to the copies of TRT. A few copies have escaped into the wind, and are blowing around in the gutter.

Didn't notice this before, is pretty funny :clap:
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrDeputy Forest KeeperLieutenant in The Black HawksWA Minister of Lazarus

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4637
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Kyorgia wrote:Those logs could not have been more boring not even if it was written by Onder

Yeah, just a discussion among userite raiders, taking place on a foreign server, about turning TRR neutral and undermining the RRA by creating a competing raider military. Clearly not a big deal. Definitely not an indication of collusion between Zaolat and Souls. Certainly not a sign of things to come.

Zao has talked openly about these things...
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:30 pm

Canton Empire wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Yeah, just a discussion among userite raiders, taking place on a foreign server, about turning TRR neutral and undermining the RRA by creating a competing raider military. Clearly not a big deal. Definitely not an indication of collusion between Zaolat and Souls. Certainly not a sign of things to come.

Zao has talked openly about these things...

There's a difference between talking about them openly in TRR, versus talking with raiders from TBH -- hardly TRR's best friends -- about how best to accomplish an ideological transformation of TRR and its longtime military. Aside from that, this isn't just about Zaolat anymore. Has Souls talked openly about these things? Have any of you even bothered to ask him about his stance on the RRA and its autonomy, his stance on TRR's alignment, etc.? Maybe it's happening on Discord where I can't see it, but it sure isn't happening in his public campaign thread. And these are questions you really should be asking the Field Marshal of The Black Hawks as he campaigns to be your Delegate while Zaolat has been engaged in a campaign to undermine the reputations of his competitors. Even without the latter, though, these are questions you should be asking Souls because duh. You should be asking because he's Souls.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4637
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:Zao has talked openly about these things...

There's a difference between talking about them openly in TRR, versus talking with raiders from TBH -- hardly TRR's best friends -- about how best to accomplish an ideological transformation of TRR and its longtime military. Aside from that, this isn't just about Zaolat anymore. Has Souls talked openly about these things? Have any of you even bothered to ask him about his stance on the RRA and its independence, his stance on TRR's alignment, etc.? Maybe it's happening on Discord where I can't see it, but it sure isn't happening in his public campaign thread. And these are questions you really should be asking the Field Marshal of The Black Hawks as he campaigns to be your Delegate while Zaolat has been engaged in a campaign to undermine the reputations of his competitors. Even without the latter, though, these are questions you should be asking Souls because duh. You should be asking because he's Souls.

Being a candidate myself, Zao hasn’t engaged in any attempt to ruin anyone’s reputations.
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Canton Empire wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:There's a difference between talking about them openly in TRR, versus talking with raiders from TBH -- hardly TRR's best friends -- about how best to accomplish an ideological transformation of TRR and its longtime military. Aside from that, this isn't just about Zaolat anymore. Has Souls talked openly about these things? Have any of you even bothered to ask him about his stance on the RRA and its independence, his stance on TRR's alignment, etc.? Maybe it's happening on Discord where I can't see it, but it sure isn't happening in his public campaign thread. And these are questions you really should be asking the Field Marshal of The Black Hawks as he campaigns to be your Delegate while Zaolat has been engaged in a campaign to undermine the reputations of his competitors. Even without the latter, though, these are questions you should be asking Souls because duh. You should be asking because he's Souls.

Being a candidate myself, Zao hasn’t engaged in any attempt to ruin anyone’s reputations.

He clearly has, as a cursory review of your public Assembly forum will show, but that's almost beside the point. The point here is Souls and what his agenda is in TRR, something you folks are inexplicably uninterested in determining. Do you really think TBH's Field Marshal is there in good faith? Give me a break.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4637
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:35 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:Being a candidate myself, Zao hasn’t engaged in any attempt to ruin anyone’s reputations.

He clearly has, as a cursory review of your public Assembly forum will show, but that's almost beside the point. The point here is Souls and what his agenda is in TRR, something you folks are inexplicably uninterested in determining. Do you really think TBH's Field Marshal is there in good faith? Give me a break.

Should he win the Delegacy, it’s his right to steer TRR policy as he sees fit.
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Canton Empire wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:He clearly has, as a cursory review of your public Assembly forum will show, but that's almost beside the point. The point here is Souls and what his agenda is in TRR, something you folks are inexplicably uninterested in determining. Do you really think TBH's Field Marshal is there in good faith? Give me a break.

Should he win the Delegacy, it’s his right to steer TRR policy as he sees fit.

Sounds like a great reason to not let him win the Delegacy, which is pretty much my point. :unsure:

Well, not entirely my point. Even if he does win, I think TRR ought to be liberated and saved from its naivete, in much the same way hapless UCRs that allow themselves to be raided by obvious sleepers are still liberated once the raider sleeper has taken the Delegacy. It might be a bit humiliating for TRR to have to be liberated just like n00b non-gameplay UCRs that have no idea what's going on, but if that's what has to be done...
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6267
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Inside Report wrote:
Wabbitslayah wrote:I would be adamantly opposed to Souls if he tried to coup/stealth raid/turn TRR raider or whatever. He clearly stated he wanted to focus on Culture and Outreach and try being a delegate of a GCR. Not sure what the issue with that is.


M. ek. Grumperov (aka Zaolat) 06/09/2018
They definitely won't go for an RRRA officially happening (sad), but I'm gonna be trying to change the alignment to neutral. Nothing can really be done about the RRA, but I think it's stupid that they changed TRR to be "fenda". Before we were neutral and had more raiders involved in it. Until Unibot...

HomuraIsOkayIGuess (aka Ever-Wandering Souls) 06/09/2018
Mek ima be a citizen
As soon as fendas eject harenhime or I get tired of them waiting too and grudgingly move another nations to TRR
I want it to be harenhime tho

TheOneTruePi 06/09/2018
why?

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
I dont won't to put off non fendas to joining. I want TRR to have everyone. Ideally, it would have something similiar to RRRA along with the RRA. The Kodiak Republic had two military arms and it actually worked. Just like how Equinox hosted Mafia and CoJ.

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
The hard part is operating it effectively
Equinox worked becuase the guilds were pretty darn separate

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
Hell the real story of the RRA itself is amusing

TheOneTruePi 06/09/2018
story time?

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
Other orgs have had issues being accepted by, well, people like TBH, when they try to do things like raid and defend in the same update with a shared pool of updaters :p
full segregated arms can be cleaner but requires a lot more total manpower and also forcss people who want a little of both to make a choice which sucks
It’s an interesting place to be in

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
That never workes out in the past, not for long. Only seperate arms or EQ's guilds worked.

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
Given this particular case especially, separate it probably the only way to go
Becuase no way the RRA would tolerate crossover lol

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
As far as I remember
No it wouldn't

Devi 06/09/2018
Jtf did pretty well at its height, although that's definitely not a separated thing.

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
I’d say spsf does it alright
They’re not accepted by raiding
But they do tag and not never

TheOneTruePi 06/09/2018
but I think it could work out as seperate branches or whatever to help bring GPers away from te whole "Us or them" stuff I see. Since youre friends with a guy who is also in TRR but he defends while youre raiding, you dont hate him for that. But then again that could backfire into politics being divided into raiders v defenders with neutrals either on their own or choosing sides.
At least how I see it with my little sight into TRR

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
In case prior joking left confusion
The RRA is constitutionally separate from the TRR government
But shares a forum

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
Damn it
Delete instead of edit
Ugh stupid phone and not laptop

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
It’s colloquially not divided, becuase the same general groups of people have generally run both, as you might expect
But technically, you could have TRR go full raider in politics and government while still having The RRA doing its think

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
Yeah that's possible

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
But it's a silly situation where TRR relies on RRA for security and the RRA needs to TRR to be relevant and have a place to base out of. TRR is the safest base out of all non UCRs

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
I’d say that TRR could rely on anyone it wants for security
Force wise

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
It potentially makes treaties a pain depending on who and how much the treaty demands

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
If you legally hold secure power, then pretty much any alignment out there + your base endo count defeats pretty much any invading force

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
If I went and cozied to Balder and got an alliance. I would be militarily one sided.

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
Give the mandatory pile-off

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
RRA would refuse to deal with Balder.

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
Like, raiders can hit it, but lose when defender pile adds on to the base endo count. But that’d go the other way too. If it’s raider aligned, and defenders invade, they’d lose to the raider pile + base

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
So effectively, I and the RRA head must sign treaty on TRR to have any military shit binding

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
It’s just while a big enough pile can beat the base, no one can beat the a counter pile plus the base

Teazle Vytherov 06/09/2018
then that is what you must do
snuggle with balder
estrange the rra
replace the rra
profit

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
Wouldn't happen anyways most likely because of Onder.

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
Depends
Are you willing to renounce the modern Lucifer, Francoism?

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
I'd expect the closest thing would be to get the proscription dropped and that's by making apologies that the RRA membership will reject.

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
If you’ll denounce the spread of considering userites second class citizens, bet Onder would be fine xD

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
lol

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
Which tbh would be fine for TRR
I’d hope
Given you’re full of rejects
Mostly from UCR’s
And probably have one of the most UCR cosmo filled governments overall

Teazle Vytherov 06/09/2018
are you prepared to fight for the IJCC against the forces of faceless, godless francoism?

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
lol

Teazle Vytherov 06/09/2018
Be a man among men!

Lady Dominator 06/09/2018
You should indeed run for TRR delegate

M. ek. Grumperov 06/09/2018
Opposition is likely to be Neq and CoS

Yuno 06/09/2018
about TRR
It was always strange to me how TRR is defender when raiders recruit for TRR by raiding (since the beginning)

Lady Dominator 06/09/2018
Logically the Feeders & Sinkers would be the defenders
Protecting their expats abroad

Yuno 06/09/2018
if there were more founderless regions, R/D would revive
right now the game mechanic is
less than 60 founderless regions with above 20 population (not even counting what's PWed)

Benjabobaria 06/09/2018
Raiders may recruit for TRR, but the ejected natives tend to not like raiders
so it is logical they would fight back
and feeders/sinkers, like any large regions, have a desire to expand and conquer
they'll protect their expats and allies, but will raid others


Hey dude. How are you? Little stressed? New to the game? Probably not. Playing into the whole conspiracy mess with the Israeli flag?

Glad to see you've found one of a few different convo where Mek has joked about an RRRA. You can see Mek talking about some goals, some more seriously than others, and the nest (where this is from) playing along.

HomuraIsOkayIGuess 06/09/2018
In case prior joking left confusion
The RRA is constitutionally separate from the TRR government
But shares a forum

As is usual with gameplay idle chit-chat, the convo does dive into wild theories and possibilities. When raiders are bored, they like to talk about theoretical gameplay that's unlikely to ever happen. Who knew?

Again, we joke around about an RRRA *in TRR itself*. You're not exactly crashing any parties here.




Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Why do you think I could have more power than the rest of the region combined, and do all this without just being recalled?

Just your election, by itself, is likely to destroy TRR's relations with TSP. You can't just ignore all of your prior actions and expect that you're going to get a clean slate by virtue of being elected. You've already made clear your views toward TSP, and if TRR elects you, TRR will be condoning those views. Just your election will damage if not end TRR's alliance with TSP. You know that. It's probably most of your reason for running.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:How do you expect me to prove any ability to seperate anything if you don’t let me run for anything?

I'm not particularly interested in letting you prove your ability to separate anything. I think you should stick with raider and raider-leaning regions that are favorable to imperialists, where you belong. Go run for Statsminister of Balder, I'm sure Balder's colonial government will love you.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Why exactly do you think I have anything against Osiris? Or Lazarus? Beyond the vague assumption that I have a strong desire to defend some imperialists to the death for some reason? I’m good friends with Altino, and since you insist on making this about TBH, they still run with Osi plenty.

These are your own words in your own campaign platform about the current state of the other GCRs: "Most of them are boring and stagnant, locked in stuffy cliques, plodding sluggishly through the motions of existing, and doing about anything to avoid disrupting the peace. A couple of them have some shady stuff in the recent past that they've just kinda hoped everyone will move on from. And some, I assume know, are good people."

And these are your own words about regions with Delegate-focused governments, like Lazarus and Osiris, among others: "Which trend is that? The trend where more GCR's are relying on the personality and whims of the delegate (and perhaps a small clique around them) to define the much of the personality, direction, and government of the region single-handedly? Because I don't think that's a good trend in the sense of stability and smooth transitions."

Gosh, I wonder what would make me think you're hostile to most if not all GCRs that aren't userite-friendly, including Lazarus and Osiris?

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Every voice from TRR’s that’s spoken up has called you wrong, and now youve got the recent past del of XKI doing so too. Do you honestly think that you know better than all of them, and that theoretically overruling all of them to impose what you think is best is the “right” solution?

People in TRR and the former Delegate of XKI don't know you like I know you. You are up to no good here, and I'll be proven right if you're elected.


Again, I'm running for two reasons: 1) I've been stating for literally years that when GP is growing stale for me, I want to go try and be del of TRR, because it's the only mechanically unique region in the game - and legitimately, because I want to try and build stuff around that mechanic, not fight to hold it at all. 2) While I was not planning on that date being so soon, people asked me to run now, so I did.

"Where I belong." Thanks. >.> You know, being rejected would seem to make me a pretty good fit for The Rejected Realms, I think.

Indeed, some are great :) Koth can vouch, I personally think that among those who do pursue a government with strong central delegate powers, Osiris does it the best by far, and objectively well. We've had a whole discussion about the how there, too. I'm not so confident in Lazarus' long term stability yet, but that doesn't mean I have anything against the region either. I'd also think, since you brought it up, that my appreciation for systems that don't give the delegate ultimate power would be a boon in the situation where you're afraid of me using delegate powers to get up to no good - especially seeing as the TRR delegate seat is not at all a particularly power-heavy one, comparatively.

I've not known Alk for super long, but a lot of the folks in TRR know me pretty well. I've been in the region for well over a month now, in addition to prior interaction with many people there. Sorry that you think you know better than all of them.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Again, I'm running for two reasons: 1) I've been stating for literally years that when GP is growing stale for me, I want to go try and be del of TRR, because it's the only mechanically unique region in the game - and legitimately, because I want to try and build stuff around that mechanic, not fight to hold it at all. 2) While I was not planning on that date being so soon, people asked me to run now, so I did.

Who exactly asked you to run? I find it pretty hard to believe anyone besides Zaolat and other raiders in TRR would want you to run.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:"Where I belong." Thanks. >.> You know, being rejected would seem to make me a pretty good fit for The Rejected Realms, I think.

You're not rejected. You're the Field Marshal of the Black Hawks. Mainstream raiders, imperialists, and Euro-independents love you.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Indeed, some are great :) Koth can vouch, I personally think that among those who do pursue a government with strong central delegate powers, Osiris does it the best by far, and objectively well. We've had a whole discussion about the how there, too. I'm not so confident in Lazarus' long term stability yet, but that doesn't mean I have anything against the region either. I'd also think, since you brought it up, that my appreciation for systems that don't give the delegate ultimate power would be a boon in the situation where you're afraid of me using delegate powers to get up to no good - especially seeing as the TRR delegate seat is not at all a particularly power-heavy one, comparatively.

It might be a boon if you had any interest in legitimately governing TRR instead of using it for your userite agenda. But you don't.

As a side note, can you please stop trying to drag Koth into this to annoy me? I've been deliberately trying not to drag him into it. Thanks.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I've not known Alk for super long, but a lot of the folks in TRR know me pretty well. I've been in the region for well over a month now, in addition to prior interaction with many people there. Sorry that you think you know better than all of them.

I mean, I consistently know better than most people in gameplay. For example, I was spot on about the IJCC, as has recently become apparent. Usually when people don't listen to me when I warn them their regions are in danger, they end up regretting it, because I am usually right. As it happens, after more than six years of playing this game, after both perpetrating and fighting GCR coups and subversion, I do know a thing or two about it.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1033
Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:Zao has talked openly about these things...

There's a difference between talking about them openly in TRR, versus talking with raiders from TBH -- hardly TRR's best friends -- about how best to accomplish an ideological transformation of TRR and its longtime military. Aside from that, this isn't just about Zaolat anymore. Has Souls talked openly about these things? Have any of you even bothered to ask him about his stance on the RRA and its autonomy, his stance on TRR's alignment, etc.? Maybe it's happening on Discord where I can't see it, but it sure isn't happening in his public campaign thread. And these are questions you really should be asking the Field Marshal of The Black Hawks as he campaigns to be your Delegate while Zaolat has been engaged in a campaign to undermine the reputations of his competitors. Even without the latter, though, these are questions you should be asking Souls because duh. You should be asking because he's Souls.

RRA is independent of gov

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote:RRA is independent of gov

Yes, I'm aware, thank you. I'd like to keep it both autonomous and still in existence, rather than seeing it undermined by a competing raider force.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6267
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Again, I'm running for two reasons: 1) I've been stating for literally years that when GP is growing stale for me, I want to go try and be del of TRR, because it's the only mechanically unique region in the game - and legitimately, because I want to try and build stuff around that mechanic, not fight to hold it at all. 2) While I was not planning on that date being so soon, people asked me to run now, so I did.

Who exactly asked you to run? I find it pretty hard to believe anyone besides Zaolat and other raiders in TRR would want you to run.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:"Where I belong." Thanks. >.> You know, being rejected would seem to make me a pretty good fit for The Rejected Realms, I think.

You're not rejected. You're the Field Marshal of the Black Hawks. Mainstream raiders, imperialists, and Euro-independents love you.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Indeed, some are great :) Koth can vouch, I personally think that among those who do pursue a government with strong central delegate powers, Osiris does it the best by far, and objectively well. We've had a whole discussion about the how there, too. I'm not so confident in Lazarus' long term stability yet, but that doesn't mean I have anything against the region either. I'd also think, since you brought it up, that my appreciation for systems that don't give the delegate ultimate power would be a boon in the situation where you're afraid of me using delegate powers to get up to no good - especially seeing as the TRR delegate seat is not at all a particularly power-heavy one, comparatively.

It might be a boon if you had any interest in legitimately governing TRR instead of using it for your userite agenda. But you don't.

As a side note, can you please stop trying to drag Koth into this to annoy me? I've been deliberately trying not to drag him into it. Thanks.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I've not known Alk for super long, but a lot of the folks in TRR know me pretty well. I've been in the region for well over a month now, in addition to prior interaction with many people there. Sorry that you think you know better than all of them.

I mean, I consistently know better than most people in gameplay. For example, I was spot on about the IJCC, as has recently become apparent. Usually when people don't listen to me when I warn them their regions are in danger, they end up regretting it, because I am usually right. As it happens, after more than six years of playing this game, after both perpetrating and fighting GCR coups and subversion, I do know a thing or two about it.


Mek suggested I do so, as did Harmonia. Tupe asked if I was going to run, aaaand I feel like I'm missing one or two. It's been a wild week :P

As a note, I'm technically still Field Marshall, but it's mostly a feel-good title, because the role it used to cover is now covered by Jay as the council member in charge of Blade division. I didn't realize I was so universally loved either. Also, didn't know that you had to be *universally* rejected to be a Reject :P

I do want to legitimately be in TRR. Can't convince you though. *shrug* And I'm not sure what the biggy there is - after I made that post, he and I talked about the subject more, and I left it even more convinced that Osiris does things effectively and right, even if I disagree on principle with some of the structural choices. Works for them! It's relevant because you brought such up as one of a few reasons why I would be against such regions, and because I've not had that particular conversation with anyone else!

I'd normally say something about occam's razor, but I'm sure you'd tell me that the idea of some TBH plot to ruin all of TRR's FA is somehow the simpler explanation than "Souls just wants to have some fun somewhere else for a mix up."
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Old Hope
Diplomat
 
Posts: 814
Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Old Hope » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Who exactly asked you to run? I find it pretty hard to believe anyone besides Zaolat and other raiders in TRR would want you to run.


You're not rejected. You're the Field Marshal of the Black Hawks. Mainstream raiders, imperialists, and Euro-independents love you.


It might be a boon if you had any interest in legitimately governing TRR instead of using it for your userite agenda. But you don't.

As a side note, can you please stop trying to drag Koth into this to annoy me? I've been deliberately trying not to drag him into it. Thanks.


I mean, I consistently know better than most people in gameplay. For example, I was spot on about the IJCC, as has recently become apparent. Usually when people don't listen to me when I warn them their regions are in danger, they end up regretting it, because I am usually right. As it happens, after more than six years of playing this game, after both perpetrating and fighting GCR coups and subversion, I do know a thing or two about it.


Mek suggested I do so, as did Harmonia. Tupe asked if I was going to run, aaaand I feel like I'm missing one or two. It's been a wild week :P

As a note, I'm technically still Field Marshall, but it's mostly a feel-good title, because the role it used to cover is now covered by Jay as the council member in charge of Blade division. I didn't realize I was so universally loved either. Also, didn't know that you had to be *universally* rejected to be a Reject :P

I do want to legitimately be in TRR. Can't convince you though. *shrug* And I'm not sure what the biggy there is - after I made that post, he and I talked about the subject more, and I left it even more convinced that Osiris does things effectively and right, even if I disagree on principle with some of the structural choices. Works for them! It's relevant because you brought such up as one of a few reasons why I would be against such regions, and because I've not had that particular conversation with anyone else!

I'd normally say something about occam's razor, but I'm sure you'd tell me that the idea of some TBH plot to ruin all of TRR's FA is somehow the simpler explanation than "Souls just wants to have some fun somewhere else for a mix up."

It is not the simpler explanation...
because it is 1."TBH plots to put yet another sleeper in a region, as usual" vs 2."Souls suddenly stops raiding to run a GCR". A good dose of mistrust over you is nothing spectacular. The logs point to 1.

User avatar
Queen Yuno
Diplomat
 
Posts: 583
Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Queen Yuno » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:16 pm

The drama/confusion with Neq is over. There was a misunderstanding between TRR Delegate Zaolat and Neq, but after Neq formed a discussion with the delegate and showed his time stamps, we figured out that there was zero negative intent (like 99% sure,) just coincidences that made him look bad. So all of TRR's candidates are wonderful and Neq is fine.

Cormactopia Prime wrote: Souls is not Vandoosa. Vandoosa can separate his participation in raiding, which is nothing more than a fun game that he plays a couple times a day to him, from his participation elsewhere.

Off topic but I'm saving this quote
This is very true of Vandoosa. And "raiding=fun game which gets played a couple times a day" <--In my mind, that's how R/D should be. R/D politics is just boring.
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supreme Loligarchy
I do free grammar checks! Telegram me for Discord!

"Vote early, vote often." -Pallaith
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Galiantus III wrote:


...is there a reason the logo for the anti-NPO New Year's jumpers looks like the butt and legs of a kneeling naked lady? :unsure:


Imperium Anglorum wrote:Lol badge hunting accusations against people who already have the badge. You don't get your whole page covered in badges when you pass more resolutions, you know.


Vancouvia wrote:
Vancouvia wrote:

Alright my bad I guess I'll check back in December 21st


No way

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Mek suggested I do so, as did Harmonia. Tupe asked if I was going to run, aaaand I feel like I'm missing one or two. It's been a wild week :P

I have no idea why Harmoneia would suggest that you run for Delegate. That really floors me. But, well, okay.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I'd normally say something about occam's razor, but I'm sure you'd tell me that the idea of some TBH plot to ruin all of TRR's FA is somehow the simpler explanation than "Souls just wants to have some fun somewhere else for a mix up."

You are correct, the idea that a raider would be raiding is a simpler explanation than you suddenly wanting to legitimately govern a defender GCR.

I will repeat what I've already said, which is that I don't necessarily attribute your plot to TBH.

Queen Yuno wrote:The drama/confusion with Neq is over. There was a misunderstanding between TRR Delegate Zaolat and Neq, but after Neq formed a discussion with the delegate and showed his time stamps, we figured out that there was zero negative intent (like 99% sure,) just coincidences that made him look bad. So all of TRR's candidates are wonderful and Neq is fine.

I mean, it's fine for Zaolat to kiss and make up with Neq and everyone else now, because the damage to Neq's reputation has now been done. As Guy made clear on TRR's forum earlier, Neq has gone from being the likely front runner to being "unsatisfactory" as a result of the tempest in a teapot Zaolat created. What I'm saying is that the controversy wasn't an accident, but was a deliberate smear campaign designed to pave the way for Souls' election. Folks may dismiss that as a ridiculous conspiracy theory, but it's the kind of maneuvering that used to go on in Osiris all the time, and both Zaolat and I are familiar with how those kind of tactics work. I have used them in the past, and he's using them right now. I could instantly recognize those tactics for what they were. Others should be able to as well, and it speaks poorly of gameplay and its future that newer players are so gullible and easily manipulated.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6267
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Timeline problem: That whole drama had been going on for a solid bit before I got talked into running.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5936
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Can confirm Zaolat is taking plays out of the KRO and OFO 1.0 playbooks.
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran
[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Timeline problem: That whole drama had been going on for a solid bit before I got talked into running.

That is only a timeline problem if we accept your timeline as accurate and truthful, which I do not, because why would I? Why would anyone?
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Alkasia
Envoy
 
Posts: 279
Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alkasia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:58 pm

The Real Rejected Realms News wrote:but I have to wonder if the Wardens knowingly shipped the XKI delegate with a raider, in violation of XKI fraternization rules, with the long term goal of destabilizing TITO in order to further dominate the field of defending.

Could this have to do with Alkasia's departure from his role in XKI, and his implicit support for the idea of an Ever-Wandering Souls delegacy in TRR? That's on you to decide, dear reader. Toodles!

This ain't it, chief.

Cormactopia Prime wrote: Even if he does win, I think TRR ought to be liberated and saved from its naivete, in much the same way hapless UCRs that allow themselves to be raided by obvious sleepers are still liberated once the raider sleeper has taken the Delegacy. It might be a bit humiliating for TRR to have to be liberated just like n00b non-gameplay UCRs that have no idea what's going on, but if that's what has to be done...

Or, or instead you could let the citizens of TRR choose their Delegate without foreign interference. Souls is not high on my candidate list by any means, but if TRR wants him as Delegate, who are you, or anyone else, to get in the way of a fair election?

And hey, if he does start to do all the crazy shit you think he will, there's always the challenge system. TRR has ways of handling itself without ousting its Delegates in coups.
Last edited by Alkasia on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Former Delegate of XKI, current Reject with a penchant for murder.
Defender Romeo
Social Democrat/Left Libertarian
Koth wrote:Alk resembles some sort of slime mold that asexually reproduces scum, as is standard for XKI natives
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're silly. I miss the XKI veterans who knew how to appropriately deal with raiders.
Kanglia wrote:Can confirm lynching Alk is the most satisfying thing. :p
Sarakart wrote:What a time to be alive. Welcome to the legislative revolution, the liberation wars have begun.

In reference to XKI's Embassy thread:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:"Something you thought you'd never see for $3000, Alex."

User avatar
Wabbitslayah
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 175
Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Wow. How unsaucy.

It's no secret I wanted TRR neutral nor wanted to have proscription lifted in Balder (since I generally think Regional Proscriptions should be put on Nazi regions and places like UCR).

It's no secret the RRRA is a long runnig inside joke in TRR. I think it would be fun to do what I had envisioned with it just for kicks, but at no time had I seriously considered inplementing it or think it should be done. So I humour Souls and suddenly this is something sooper ebil. Silly.

Go chill out and find your next thing to be upset about Cormac.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Alkasia wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote: Even if he does win, I think TRR ought to be liberated and saved from its naivete, in much the same way hapless UCRs that allow themselves to be raided by obvious sleepers are still liberated once the raider sleeper has taken the Delegacy. It might be a bit humiliating for TRR to have to be liberated just like n00b non-gameplay UCRs that have no idea what's going on, but if that's what has to be done...

Or, or instead you could let the citizens of TRR choose their Delegate without foreign interference. Souls is not high on my candidate list by any means, but if TRR wants him as Delegate, who are you, or anyone else, to get in the way of a fair election?

And hey, if he does start to do all the crazy shit you think he will, there's always the challenge system. TRR has ways of handling itself without ousting its Delegates in coups.

You're silly. I miss the XKI veterans who knew how to appropriately deal with raiders.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Solorni
Minister
 
Posts: 3024
Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:03 pm

I like you Cormac, but isnt it a bit contradictory to disapprove of Souls for userite influence in a GCR while wanting 10KI to to enforce their will over TRR should they choose souls since that would seem like userite influencing a GCR?
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2126
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Solorni wrote:I like you Cormac, but isnt it a bit contradictory to disapprove of Souls for userite influence in a GCR while wanting 10KI to to enforce their will over TRR should they choose souls since that would seem like userite influencing a GCR?

When a raider sleeper is raiding a region, which is what Souls is in the process of doing, liberating it is not equivalent to the raid itself.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Acting Delegate of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

User avatar
Alkasia
Envoy
 
Posts: 279
Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alkasia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're silly. I miss the XKI veterans who knew how to appropriately deal with raiders.

Aaaand into the quote list it goes.
Former Delegate of XKI, current Reject with a penchant for murder.
Defender Romeo
Social Democrat/Left Libertarian
Koth wrote:Alk resembles some sort of slime mold that asexually reproduces scum, as is standard for XKI natives
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're silly. I miss the XKI veterans who knew how to appropriately deal with raiders.
Kanglia wrote:Can confirm lynching Alk is the most satisfying thing. :p
Sarakart wrote:What a time to be alive. Welcome to the legislative revolution, the liberation wars have begun.

In reference to XKI's Embassy thread:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:"Something you thought you'd never see for $3000, Alex."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads