NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of The North Pacific

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kaschovia
Issues Editor

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Anarchy

The Northern Lights - Issue XVI, October 4th

Postby Kaschovia » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Image September General Elections
by Brend0g, Min. of Communications

The final General Elections of the year again proved very interesting with the vice delegate race proving to be tightly contested. For those new to the election cycle in TNP, every four months we have the General elections in which the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker of the Regional Assembly (RA) and Attorney General are elected.

With Pallaith being the incumbent, having the advantage, it was not surprising that Pallaith won the elections. Fellow candidates vying for one of the most influential positions in TNP and NS were Skittleyflakes and Kyoki Chudoku. Pallaith had the overwhelming support of the citizens.
Pallaith's incumbent advantage helped him massively and ran on the platform of continuing the synergy and collaboration between ministries in his last term. Furthermore, he campaigned on the increased opportunities that TNP has his wiliness to go for it, yet keeping our independence and the identity of the region. Kyoki Chudoku campaigned on improving collaboration and averting conflict. Also, to make TNP a welcoming place, to better teach newer players how everything operates, to create a greater sense of regional unity and to give people entertainment along the way. Without any experience and knowledge of existing players and the foreign policy of The North Pacific, it was hard for Kyoki Chudoku to win. Her candidacy highlighted issues not perceived before such as the constant barrage of recruitment telegrams to be acknowledged and mitigated by her opponents. Finally, Flakey was the last candidate, and his platform was 'TNP is corrupt. I want to make TNP great!' With no experience and evidence, it was unsuccessful. With both opponents vastly inexperienced, Pallaith would win by a landslide of 64 votes, 89% of those voted.

The Vice Delegate race was the most exciting of the four officials being elected, with two major contenders, the incumbent Kasch and former Home Affairs minister Siwale. Kasch ran on experience, dedication, and activeness presenting a platform of continuing the public disclosure of the Security Council (SC) and continuing with events and the interaction between SCers and gameside. His opponent Siwale had a new approach to the Vice delegacy and thus had new ideas; requiring SCers to be citizens, trying to raise endorsements of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, and the whole SC through telegrams and endorsement goals. Finally, the last candidate was Hong Kong who inexperienced and a limited platform. Both candidates had competing ideas, but ultimately Siwale won with a close margin of 54%, 28 votes

Owenstacey stood for re-election as Speaker of the Regional Assembly (RA), on the simple platform of keeping the Office active and consistent through numerous deputies and weekly RA digests. Unsurprisingly with no other candidates, he won with 64 votes.

Finally, the office of the Attorney General (AG) Darcania stood for re-election on the platform of being active, some experience and knowledge of the TNP law. The contender was Midir and ran just because he wanted to change, and the end of Darcania’s numerous terms in the AG office. Unsurprisingly again, Darcania won with a landslide of 93% or 64 votes again.

Ultimately TNP saw a return of most officials to their respective offices, Palliath to the Delegacy, Owenstacy to the Speakership and Darcania to AG office while the Vice Delegacy had a new face, Siwale. We look forward the January elections next year where there will be an exciting race for Delegate at least, with Palliath’s two terms coming up to an end.

Image Roleplay Reel #3
by Iraelia, Citizen

While roleplay always experiences important monthly changes, this month has been especially important in TNPRP as we held a Roleplay Convention. This event allowed for members of The North Pacific to discuss aspects of world building, pose questions to the moderators, and suggest reforms to the way roleplay occurs in Eras. Many different people participated in the event, role players and otherwise, but let us not forget the events that transpired in the actual canon of Eras.

In National RolePlay, the most impactful event was the Solidarity role play. Solidarity tracks the current ongoings of Cogoria, a communist nation on the Phoenix Strait, and it's relation to the Phoenix Union (PU) and Strait. It discusses the attitudes of the citizens Post-Crown Conflict, and also deals with a new trend that is the rising militarism in Cogoria. Ever since Oktobergrad was destroyed by Scallendovia, the people of Cogoria have been cautious of the PU in particular and foreign powers in general. As a result, they have begun a program to build several Multiple Independently Targetable Reentry Vehicles (MIRVs) with which to deliver nuclear warheads. In addition to this, they have finally debuted their power armor, which allows one man to fight with the strength of ten in combat. This comes at the drawback of physical harm to the wearer, but the Cogorian government has successfully hidden this fact while working on the means to improve it. To top off their militaristic rise, they have ordered round the clock patrols of the Strait and have demanded concessions from the PU for what their members (Scallendovia) did during the Crown Conflict. As of now, the PU has opted to draft a formal statement on the matter and begin a path to reconciliation. This has come as a disappointment to the nation of Maloria (a PU member), whose people have become incredibly cautious about their increasingly more aggressive neighbor.

In Negotiations, several things have occurred recently. The most important being the current activities of the PU. While the PU has yet to officially respond to the testing of several MIRVs and Power Armour by Cogoria, they have voted to address Cogoria on the events that transpired during the Crown Conflict. However, it is most likely that the PU will deal with Cogorian aggression once they have formally apologized and compensated Cogoria for the events of the Crown Conflict. One organization that saw an unusual spark in activity was the Trillium Compact, an alliance of democratic nations across Eras. A recent message was sent by the representative from Ceretis affirming his support of the prospective members. This means that a formal meeting may finally be called regarding the invitees, wherein a vote will occur. Finally, The Iterian League continued it's activity, with the Directorate passing a General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs. A vote is currently being held on a resolution regarding travel between League member states.

Finally, we can cover the results of the Roleplay Convention thus far. Many different topic areas came up during the debate, but these following were the most prominent; Continent Names, Time Zones, Geography, the Solar System, and Fantasy-Realism disconnect. On the issue of continent names, the convention all but ratified the names for Iteria and Meterra, the continents upon which Plembobria and Sasten reside respectively, as they are commonly used as canon. However, the northwestern continent, the dueling northeastern continents, and the southeastern/western continent had several proposals. The continent upon which Arrandal resides has been proposed as either Avignia (meaning phoenix), Craviter (roughly translates to crowned land), and Cavitria (a bastardization of Craviter). Three names have been proposed for the northwestern continent, all corresponding to the Gotic people which inhabit most of it; they are Gothas, Gothis, or Gathas. The continent on which Xentherida and Ceretis occupy has been proposed to be called Collandris, and has yet to receive a competitor. The Southwestern Continent has been suggested as Icenia, a name upon which all active role players on the landmass have agreed, and Kian/Kianza has been proposed as the name for the continent upon which McMasterdonia and Thenaca reside. As of now, no name is official. On the topic of time zones, it seems there is no consensus on a complete map of world time zones, but many role players have supported the idea of having an Eras version of Greenwich Mean Time based around the nation of McMasterdonia. This has faced opposition from some people, and an alternative has been proposed to run a line down the center of the map to determine the meantime. Meanwhile, the debate on geography has been decisive, with most role players agreeing that geography should be established between role players. Another fun idea that has been proposed was a solar system. Syrixia recently suggested that we establish a solar system for all those who wish to do space exploration with their nation. While it has seen some initial pushback, the debate is currently inconclusive. Finally, we have the Fantasy-Realism Disconnect. Many nations on Eras like to engage in some form of fantasy role play, be it dragons or faeries or what have you. This has been tolerated for the most part, but a recent uptick in the fantastical has led to a debate on the extent of which fantasy should be allowed in Eras. So far, many people wish to maintain the status quo in regards to the policy towards High Fantasy, but sentiment has swung against the favour of science fiction. But the fact is, no regulations will come into place unless the people wish to regulate other players themselves. In the words of Lead RolePlay Moderator Madjack, "Ultimately, I think it depends on how willing people are to let things go by." In summary, the role play convention has been incredibly productive thus far and looks as though it will remain to be until the end of the week-long extension.

This has been Roleplay Reel #3.

Image Regional Assembly Highlights
by Brend0g, Min. of Communications

Considering the general elections taking half the month, we have seen decent activity in the Regional Assembly

Similarly, with last month, two more motions to admit Pallaith and Bootsie to the Security Council occurred, strengthening it to eight members. Bootsie's admission to the Security Council passed overwhelming with 29 voting aye, 2 nays and 8 abstaining. Furthermore, Palliath's acceptance to the Security Council also passed overwhelmingly with 34 voting aye, 3 nays and 4 abstaining.

Many bills are going to vote, more Security council motions, with Plemboria's and Kasch's, the Citizenship Security Evaluations Amendment. Other bills are under discussion, Reforming the Penal Code, Leave of Absence Removal Bill and Amendments to the Line of Succession.

Overall we have seen many Security Councillors being admitted and continues the trend from last month.

ImageDiscord Analysis #3
by Scorch, Deputy A.G
This column does not represent the views of the Government of The North Pacific.

In the previous issue, we focused on what came before Discord and how Discord became the prominent form of communication in NationStates. This issue we will be looking at how Discord has affected NationStates gameplay.

Many regions now use Discord for more than just basic communication. Regions have multiple servers, usually including a general server, military server, and government server. Many in-game decisions are discussed on Discord before they are ever executed on the NationStates site. Executive decisions are talked about on Discord, and the executive staff in regions also communicates through Discord.

Another aspect of NationStates that Discord is a part of is military actions. Many raiders and defenders now use Discord to communicate about their missions. This includes the discussions between military leaders, initial planning of the operation, the gathering of military members, the explanation of the operation, and the execution of the operation. Without a communication platform like Discord, many military operations would be made much more difficult.

The final aspect of NationStates that we will be discussing today are coups. Discord logs have now become a viable source of evidence that has been used as a defence in coups. In a recent incident in Lazarus, both sides were using Discord logs to show why their actions were justified. Some recent coups have been planned and orchestrated through Discord. As Discord continues to grow, this trend will likely increase.

Discord has become a part of nearly every part of NationStates. Not only is it the easiest way to communicate, but it also has many features that other communication platforms do not, allowing it to become even more useful and accessible. We will continue to see the use of Discord in planning military actions, government action, and citizen communication.

Image Monthly Memoirs
by Atlae, Deputy Min. Home Affairs

Monthly Memoirs is back for September! This month’s theme was the September 2017 General Election (see General Election Results, written by Brend0g). The responses showed the variety and diversity in opinion we have as a region.

Here are those questions:

1. Did you vote in the September 2017 General Election?

2. Were you happy with the results of the election?

3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

4. What specific policy change do you wish to see from the new government?

Here were our responses:

ABC, Minister

Yes, I always make sure to vote in all elections that come up as when the voter turnout high, democracy is working at its best.

Indeed I was. All of the candidates have the experience and qualifications needed to serve in their positions and have a strong commitment toward the people of TNP.

3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

This question proves to be exceedingly hard to answer. Honestly, there have been no elections so far where I have thought a different outcome would be beneficial.

The one policy change that I think would be very beneficial for the new government to undertake would be allowing both consulates and embassies so that small region wishing to have informal relations with us could. We would not need to send ambassadors to their regions but could still receive benefits such as news from their regions and invitations to their events.

Xagill, Minister

I always vote in every election, the more, the merrier and represents all views of The North Pacific.

Indeed, all the officials that were elected had experience through previous positions and are well equipped to serve the TNP.

It's very hard but the January General lections of 2017 with the Vice delegate. Although Tomb won I would have like to seen a reopen of nominations to see for any other candidates. That was my first election and I felt that there was no choice.

I think we need to be more open to smaller and more diverse regions to let smaller regions become more familiar as well as allowing a chance for smaller regions to be more involved with GCR's which have a larger influence

Kaschovia, Minister

Yes, I did.

Happy? Wrong word. I didn't see the result I wanted, but I am very supportive of those elected.

Q3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

I don't really know, to be honest, that's a tough question.

Q4. What specific policy change do you wish to see from the new government?

Once again, I can't think of any specific policies that I would want them to change at the moment.

fantoa, Deputy Speaker

Yes.

Since I was still new to the region, I was indifferent but happy for those who were re-elected and for Siwale winning after a hard-fought campaign to Kasch who I'll bet will be Delegate someday.

Though in the future I might be upset over a result, why would I want to overrule the will of the people?

I will answer this question after future elections as I'm still new and learning about the foreign/domestic policies of the region.

Great Bights Mum, Security Councillor

Yes, I did.

Yes, I am.

It's a toss-up. Pixiedance for obvious reasons. Lewis & Clark for a more complicated reason. With Pixiedance, we had no idea how badly things would turn out, but with L&C we should have seen. In retrospect, I feel there was much more I could have done to prevent the Crimson problem. The timing of the election, which resulted in ridiculously low voter turnout was something that should never have happened. The politics at the time left the region severely divided. Not squished like with Pixiedance, but broken in some ways that were harder to mend. That's probably where I would wish for a do-over.

Not so much of change, but greater emphasis on NPA recruiting. Our military is very active, and it's a lot of fun to be involved in the NPA. We have a big region, and I think there are opportunities to grow our armed forces.

Cremeden, Resident

Yes

Q2. Were you happy with the results of the election?

No, not really

Q3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

I'd change the September 2017 Election to where I would win.

Q4. What specific policy change do you wish to see from the new government?

I don't know

Sheppey, Speaker

Yes

Q2. Were you happy with the results of the election?

Yes, I was very happy with the result for obvious reasons.

This one is hard for me, but I would change the May Speaker election where I lost to Bootsie. Many will already understand why I would choose this because I went on to have to run the Office alone for nearly a month so I would have to change that.

One I would like to see is a further emphasis on activity and engagement in the FA ministry. At the moment it seems to have fallen away from what it once was with very few ambassadors consistently posting reports. So my policy change would be to do more work with the FA ministry as this is what the rest of the world see about us.

Image The Spotlight #6: An Interview with Owenstacey
by Owenstacey & Kasch, Speaker & Min. Foreign Affairs.

Kasch: Welcome, Owenstacey! You're the 6th person to appear on the exclusive interview segment *the Spotlight*. How does it feel?

Owenstacey: Well, thank you for having me, Kasch. It feels great to have the chance to put myself across to the region so people can get to know me a little better. The Spotlight has interviewed some of the top North Pacific citizens, so I feel honoured to be a part of that list.

Kasch: Now, the first question. How do you feel about the most recent election?

Owenstacey: I believe it went as well as it could have for me. Okay, I was the only one that stood for Speaker, but I can only beat whatever is in front of me. I'm thrilled to have won the majority that I did because it shows that so many people have faith in me and for what I have been doing. However, I would have liked more to have taken an interest in the race and other people to be enthusiastic and give it a go as there is no harm in running.

Kasch: The election was relatively recent, but now let's go all the way back. Owen, for those who don't know you, tell us your backstory in the North Pacific. Where did you come from?

Owenstacey: Well, I started back in August 2016 when I founded in The North Pacific. I then spent about the first-week answering issues before I decided to join the offsite forum. Then I joined the Diplomatic Corp as soon as I got my citizenship because I wanted to get involved with other regions. Praetor really helped me settle in and find my feet as an ambassador and shaped my first days in The North Pacific and create my path for the future.

Kasch: Could you give us a little more information about your time as Speaker?

Owenstacey: Sure. It all started after I lost the election in May to Bootsie. He went inactive soon and left me to run the office on my own because I had no power to appoint Deputies as I was one myself. I feel that this time cemented my love for the Office. Then after Bootsie eventually resigned I won the Special election and was officially appointed Speaker. This was really special for me because it showed that all of the hard work in the month previously had shown. Then for the rest of that term, I worked alongside my Deputies, Crushing Our Enemies, Abbey and abc to try to get the Office more active and more efficient.

Kasch: You have had a sparkling career so far! We all want you to keep doing this well. Next question, who is a role model in this community for you? Who do you look up to?

Owenstacey: For me it has to be Pallaith or Crushing our Enemies (COE). Since I joined the Speaker's Office as a Deputy under Pallaith, he has helped me and guided me along my way and got me to where I am now. During the time under Bootsie when I was working on my own, he was always there if I needed him and he was the one that kept me going when I wanted to give up. Even now, when I am Speaker, and he is Delegate, we still talk often, and I know he is there if I have any queries.

COE has also helped me so much since I got involved with the Speaker's Office and has always been there if I needed any help. He also chose to come back to the Office and help me rebuild, which I think shows how dedicated he is and how much the Speaker's Office means to him and me just wish I could have the dedication and determination he has.

Kasch:What is the most important thing that you have learnt as Speaker?

Owenstacey: I don't know what the most important thing I've learnt is because I've learnt so much. But if I had to choose one thing it would have to be having patience when things are hard.

Kasch: Going forward, what tips do you have for potential Speakers?

Owenstacey: I definitely have a couple of tips. One of them is to start early. If you have an interest in the Legislature, don't wait, get involved in any way you can so you can start learning as soon as possible. My second tip is don't give up. There will always be times when you want to give up and quit. Don't. If you want it, you have to chase it. I'm not going to lie, there have been many times when I wanted to quit, but it was the determination that led me to continue that has got me to where I am now.

Kasch: Regarding NS and the North Pacific, where do you see yourself in a year?

Owenstacey: To be honest, I don't know where I see myself in a year, so much can change. If I asked myself when I started, I would never have said I would be Speaker of the Regional Assembly but here I am. The only thing I'm sure of is I will still be in The North Pacific, just in what capacity I don't know.

Kasch: Interesting, do you see yourself ever moving into another government position? And if so, which position can you see yourself in next?

Owenstacey: I can see myself moving into another government position at some point; I just don't know when. And which position, I can see myself running for Vice Delegate, then maybe Delegate at some point, but I don’t know when that will be.

Kasch: Oh, really? I think you should go for it! If you had to pick a dream cabinet, who would be in it?

Owenstacey: That is a really hard question as there are so many amazing citizens to choose from, but if I had to choose I would have Sil Dorsett as my Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Sil has done amazing work with the ministry since stepping up to the role, and I'm sure with grow in coming times. My Minister of Foreign Affairs would have to be Lord Ravenclaw; he has been huge in his work for the region and during his time as Delegate. Even now he is still quite active in the ministry so that I couldn't look past him. Gladio would have to be my Defence Minister. The work he has done this term and previous terms to rebuild the NPA and make it as active as it is now is a testament to how hard he loves the ministry and how important he would be to my Cabinet.

My Culture Minister would be Mcmasterdonia. The work he has is done in the past, and the plans that are in place for this term shows how much it can grow on last term so, Mcmasterdonia would have to be my Culture Minister. My Minister for Communications would have to be you, Kasch. The work you did in your term as Minister in getting it to the level of activity it is at now is hugely impressive, and I feel that you would be perfect for the role again. Finally, my Home Affairs Minister would have to be Siwale. The work Siwale did last term in getting the ministry active and working on recruitment as well as the Forum mentors and keeping both sides very active is something I would want and Siwale would be able to do it very well.

Kasch: Great choices! What would you say your greatest strengths and weaknesses are?

Owenstacey: My greatest strength has to be my determination and dedication shown after running the Speaker office on my own for a month and not giving up. My weakness, experience. Okay I have tons of experience with TNP law and the legislative branch but if I was to move over to the executive branch at some time, I have only held one role in the executive branch, Deputy WA Minister for a short time, so I would be at a disadvantage compared to their people who may have held roles in that side of government.

Kasch: And so what made you start playing NationStates?

Owenstacey: Before I started playing Nationstates I had spent quite a while trying to find a political simulation game to play and really get my teeth into. Then one day I found Nationstates, created what is my main nation Sheppey and the rest is history.

Kasch: Sounds like a similar story to many other players, of all the things you have done in NationStates, what are you most proud of?

Owenstacey: It's got to be getting elected Speaker at the Special election. It summed up how far I have come and proved that I had the backing of the citizenry to go forward.

Kasch: Who has been your most influential mentor in NationStates so far?

Owenstacey: It has to be Praetor. From when I first started playing and got involved with the FA ministry I received so much advice and inspiration from him. He gave me the passion for Foreign Affairs I have now. Even after he came back from his break, I continued to talk with him, and he continued to help me move forward.

Kasch: If everyone else was to CTE, which six nations would you save?

Owenstacey: This is such a hard question. The first Nation I would have to would be Lord Ravenclaw. The amount of work he has done for the region is so inspirational, and I could not imagine a region without him. The second would be R3naissanc3r. He has done so much work for the region and has developed us so far forward as well as creating so many tools to make our lives easier, so R3n would have another one.My next nation I would save is Mcmasterdonia. Again for very similar reasons as Lord Ravenclaw, Mcmasterdonia has done so much for the region, I could not think of anyone else that I would want to save.

Pallaith would be my next nation to save. One of the people I have looked up to for so long. He has done so much for the region since he joined I would have to save him. Another nation would have to be Crushing Our Enemies. I can't think of many people that have done as much for one branch of government as COE. I would need someone that could help get the Legislature back on track after the CTE's, and I cannot look past him. My final choice would be Zvyetskistaahn. Zvyet did so much for the Speaker's Office in his huge tenure as Speaker and I know he would help in so many ways.

Kasch: Finally, what other region do you find most interesting?

Owenstacey: It would have to be The Pacific. This is probably because they have for so long not been one of our allies but we are now starting to get close to them, so they way they run their region interests me and is one of the reasons I also chose to be the TNP ambassador to The Pacific.

Image North Pacific Army Bulletin
by Yuno, Citizen

On September 2nd,
1. Gladio
2. Zazumo
3. Agadir
4. Iraelia
5. Otto IV
6. BluieGamer
purged and exorcised populations of depraved rogues from across NationStates.

One day later,
1. Agadir
2. BluieGamer
3. Gladio
4. QD
5. Zazumo
6. Sinabix
went on an ultimate Pass/Death mission, following BluieGamer and Agadir into battle, the two soldiers were to lead their battalions. They set timer bombs and released their warcry as they wrecked the burning invaders and freed the regions from their puppet state controls.
BluieGamer and Agadir are hereby promoted to Lieutenant
Image and awarded the ribbon of Officer for their heroic actions Image.
As for private Sinabi, General Gladio was proud to elevate Sinabi to Private First Class. He was a fast learner and the top quality among privates, and with time he will undoubtedly advance.

Days later, on the 9th of September, the cleansing of the pillaged and polluted villages of Dankville, Nepots, and Belaus were performed by 10 of the most eminent military leaders.
North Pacific Soldiers:
1. Gladio
2. QuietDad
3. AgadirI
4. Zazumo
5. Malphe
6. Cimmerien
7. Zeek
8. Sinabix
9. BluieGamer
10. Minesearch

Only two days later, and another 3 were cleansed: The Mountains to The East, Tristique, and Excellus.
And once again, 10 sizable nations combined militaristic forces.
1. Gladio
2. QuietDad
3. Lozinak
4. Malphe
5. Zazumo
6. Otto IV
7. Zeek
8. Agadir
9. Bluie
10. Sinabix

Unable to suppress their sheer raw power, they invaded the Warzone Australia, eliminated all dissenters, destroyed infrastructure, and confiscated all gold and resources.
Lozinak earns his place to be with Agadir and BluieGamer in the Lieutenant Corps: Image

Exhilarated by victory, only 24 hours later, the NPA set off to emancipate six more countries!:
1. The Ezraltonian Region of World Affairs
2. Kiklandian Blackhole
3. Republic of Isolation
4. Star Trek United Federation of Planets
5. The Enchanted Forest of Summertom
6. Somewhere over the Rainbow

These were the NPA military nations that performed such an action:
1. Gladio
2. Zazumo
3. QuietDad
4. Malphe
5. Darcania
6. Otto IV
7. BluieGamer
8. Agadir

(Hint: If you want to be one of us, join the NPA.)

Gladio and NPA's bloodlust still not sated, 24 hours later they straight up released TEN REGIONS, breaking their speed record despite their large numbers and the difficulties that are associated with transporting sheer large armies. These are the regions the North Pacific Army exterminated malicious leeches from:
1.Regional Gaggle
2.The Southwark Keys
3.RDG Lancashire
4.Ecommunists
5.Z Fighters
6.The Globalist World
7.Puppet and Abandon Nation Dumps
8.PC World
9.Boston
10.Menterra II

The heroes of this one are as listed:
1.Gladio
2.QuietDad
3.Zazumo
4.Lozinak
5.Agadir
6.Malphe
7.Sinabix

This heartbreaking victory fascinated thousands of nations across the North Pacific, inciting hundreds more to enlist in the premier Army. Unfortunately, the General accepts only the shrewdest, most tactical and impregnable of nations. He sent hundreds of nations to fight wars, saving countries Umbra and EAEA. 8 victors emerged:
1. Gladio
2. QuietDad
3. Zazumo
4. Malphe
5. Sinabix
6. Cotook
7. BluieGamer
8. Goyanes

Gladio proudly awarded these soldiers with NPA rations, and Goyanes with a Lieutenant promotion, and an Officer medal. He is to join the four other newly minted Lieutenants of this month, as future generational leaders.

Obviously still bloodthirsty immediately after vetting through thousands of recruits by death, Gladio decided to transfer total control of his ARMY to his fresh-meat Lieutenant (who was promoted mere 24 hours ago) Goyane, to have another go at it 24 hours later, ("it" being nuclear warfare.) Leading the forces himself, he and the 7 NPA Soldiers:
1. Gladio
2. Darcania
3. QD
4. Cotook
5. Malphe
6. Zazumo
7. Goyanes
decimated the criminals of Confederacy of Pan Austronesian States, and Cascendra, freeing the innocent residents from enemy slave labor. It was an exhausting battle. Very exhausting, all the soldiers came out bloodied, some were amputated and harmed. All of them were hospitalized.

It took them 5 days to recover, but no more than that, because they were needed and demanded back on the field. And they stacked up their weapons, gunpowder, tanks, armory, rations, and joined the next emergency fray of sensitive, critical territories.The North Pacific Army combined forces with TEP, TWP, Osiris and UK, and INVADED JAPAN.
1.Gladio
2.Zazumo
3.Sinabix
4.Goyanes
5.Malphe
6.Otto IV
7.BluieGamer
8.Agadir
9.BMWSurfer
10.Cimmerien
11.Radicaster
12.Lozinak
13.Yalkan
14.Darcania
15.QuietDad
16.Sasten

It was a powerful raid, they got what they wanted out of Japan, and allowed Japan to remain unharmed after their fresh surrender. Stocking up their supplies, the 7 of the NPA left to save more regions that needed a dictatorial revolution.
1. Warren2020
2. La Mesa Redonda
3. The Northern Pacific Ocean
4. Kosovo
5. Europia
6. Suequlla

These are the 7 perspicacious soldiers:
1.Gladio
2.QuietDad
3.Otto IV
4.Malphe
5.Agadir
6.Zazumo
7.Darcania
Almost one country per soldier.

Having done one INVASION, the NPA was more power hungry than they were before, and conquered Warzone Africa, re-established dominance over Warzone Australia, and destroyed Fascist State, a violently extremist ideological region. They also saved the UDN while they were at it. 9 NPAers took part:
1. Gladio
2. QuietDad
3. Darcania
4. Malphe
5. Sasten
6. Agadir
7. Goyanes
8. BluieGamer
9. Zazumo

They wanted one more raid, so precisely 2 days later, on the 23rd of September, the North Pacific Army and the West Pacific Armed Forces teamed up to invade annex The Union of The Axis Powers, and successfully.
Simultaneously, The North Pacific performed two side missions to rescue Belaus and The Federation of Mira. Lieutenant Lozinak, the newest Lieutenant, was the soldier who ordered, oversaw, organized and lead the army into the the liberations. These are the soldiers who contributed:
1. Lozinak
2. Goyanes
3. Malphe
4. Agadir
5. QuietDad
6. BluieGamer
7. Cimmerien
8. Gladio
9. Zazumo

Goyanes, not to be outshined by his fellow lieutenant, also led 9 North Pacific Nations into the jingoistic crusade:
The occupation of TNWO, the executions of the reprobates of Futhead, The Fascist Territories, and TNWO. These are the NPA soldiers who exerted their combat poweress:
1. Cimmerien
2. QuietDad
3. Zeek
4. Agadir
5. Bluie
6. Otto IV
7. Malphe
8.BMWSurfer
9. Goyanes

And with that concludes today:
1. Gladio
2. Agadir
3. Zazumo
4. Malphe
5. QuietDad
The last five, who rebuilt the demolished ruins that the Roman Empire had incinerated.
XParliament
Fritteria
The Greater Empire
The Christian States
Social Democratic Coalition
Union of The World Socialist Republics
United Entities of Equality
The Islamic Imperial Colonies
Gotta Love Appreciation
Try It and See It

THE LAST OP OF SEPTEMBER, on the 28th at Minor Update time, the top brass leadership of the North Pacific Army spearheaded the seizure of Warzone Sandbox. Minister of Defense Gladio, General QuietDad, Lieutenant BluieGamer, Lieutenant Zazumo, Lieutenant Malphe, and Lieutenant Agadir conquered this marshal field, and emerged from the war - victorious.

Proof Samples:

Proof Samples:

Conclusion:

HAIL TNP, BURN & CONQUER ON!!!!

The Northern Lights: Beauty in Truth
Publisher: Pallaith :: Executive Editor: Brend0g:: Managing Editors: Kasch and Iraelia :: Graphic Artist: Imki + SillyString

The Northern Lights is produced by the Ministry of Communications on behalf of the Government of The North Pacific and distributed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Except where otherwise indicated, all content represents the views of the Government of The North Pacific.

Index of issues
Last edited by Kaschovia on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Wonderful reading! Props to you and TNL team! :clap:
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Great bulletin and love the different type of pieces! I'm interested in the Discord Analysis and looking at TSP as well as Discord events from a more analytical perspective - would love to ask questions about your process!

A Yuno report! <3
Last edited by Escade on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xagill
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xagill » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Image Elections, Elections, and more Elections
by Kasch, Deputy Minister of Communications

November has been one hell of a month for the North Pacific. Along with the Friendship Fair that took place in early November, we've also seen three elections! Oh, what a time to be a citizen of the North Pacific; we'll have surely emptied the rum barrels by December!

Election for Court Justices
The candidates were Bootsie, Zyvetskistaahn, Scorch, and MacSalterson. The first three were elected, with Bootsie receiving 42 votes, Zyvetskistaahn with 46, and Scorch with 28. MacSalterson got 19 votes but was not elected. There were 33 abstentions.

Bootsie ran suggesting the idea of electing an alternative, cited many of his former positions, and expressed his commitment to the position. In his campaign thread, he said that he "knows TNP law very well" and that he has "served as a Temporary Hearing Officer." He answered questions on how he intends to make sure that he will not be absent again, and on his views of the region's laws in general. He ended his campaign post with a reassuring promise of fairness for the betterment of the region.

Zyvetskistaahn ran using his extensive and impressive experience with the Court and displayed his knowledge of our laws well. He also cited his former positions as Speaker and Court Justice. He mentioned the court cases that he has been dealt with and made recommendations for the changes he'd make if elected. He answered questions about his views on current Court procedures, whether they should be changed, and in what ways.

Scorch's campaign was short but effective. He mentioned his lack of legal experience but cited his roles as Deputy Attorney General, Minister of Communications, and Minister of Home Affairs. He answered questions about what his goals are and why he is different from other candidates and gained experience from former positions.

MacSalterson ran but did not post a campaign.

Special Speaker Election
The candidates were Darcania and James Urquhart. Darcania won by 25 votes, James Urquhart received only 3 votes and there were 5 abstentions.

Darcania's platform was focused on three main principles, stability, consistency, and activity. He was honest and mentioned that he had no direct experience with being Speaker, but had simple and achievable plans that he wanted to work on if elected and cited his qualifications in previous positions in relation to our laws. He expressed his desire to bring back RA Digests and set out the blueprints for effective management of Deputies and of citizenship/admin checks.

James' platform was simple and straightforward. He outlined a few main goals, such as increased activity in posting RA Digests, urging more frequent citizenship checks along with his Deputies and instilling a sense of urgency within the office.
Both candidates were extensively questioned on their knowledge of the laws surrounding the Speaker position and were asked to deal with hypothetical scenarios. It is evident from the results of the election that Darcania responded better to this questioning than James Urquhart. Residency and previous experience may have also played a part in voters deciding, as Darcania has held a presence in the North Pacific for quite a while longer than James has.

Special Election for Attorney General
The initial candidates were Deropia, Goyanes, Clean Land, Drasnia, and James Urquhart. Early on in the election, Clean Land withdrew their candidacy. James Urquhart was banned after the first vote began, voting had to be restarted. The candidates were then Goyanes, Drasnia, and Deropia.
Goyanes won 30 votes. Deropia got 9 votes, Drasnia got 8, and there were 9 abstentions.

Goyanes ran on a three-sentence campaign, simply mentioning his previous experience as a Deputy Attorney General and inviting questions, most of which he answered fully and appropriately.

Drasnia ran on a similar campaign, alluding to a lack of experience in judicial branch positions, but claimed he still knew a 'decent amount of law.' Like Goyanes, he was very inviting to questions, answered them well, and displayed refreshing enthusiasm.

Deropia, the newest member of the three, had a longer campaign. He recognised the unpopularity of the office of the Attorney General, saying it was not 'the most sought after office.' But he additionally recognized his own inexperience and residence in the region, saying that 'I know I am new and still learning my way around' though he provided a counter to these comments by saying 'I believe that I have what it takes to execute the duties and responsibilities of the Office of the Attorney General effectively and efficiently.' Overall, Deropia campaigned and responded to questions well.

All of these candidates were questioned heavily on their knowledge and their theoretical and practical understanding of the role of the AG. The answers to their questions played a larger role in the results of the election than their campaigns, that is for sure.

Image The Spotlight #5: An Interview with Scorch
by Brendog & Siwale, Minister of Communications & Vice Delegate

Brendog: Welcome to the prestigious The Spotlight Siwale. I am here to ask you a few questions!

Siwale: Thanks for having me! It is an honor to be featured in this month’s edition. Ask away.

Brendog: How did you start in NationStates and TNP?

Siwale: I first joined NS about 1 year ago. Shortly after my founding, I fell in love with endotarting. Unfortunately, the region I was founded in had a relatively strict endorsement cap which caused me to seek out a new region with a more generous endorsement policy. Naturally, TNP is the nation that stuck out due to their strong encouragement to endorse others as well as the tools they proved to make this process easier.
My involvement in TNP’s government didn’t really start until earlier this year when Tomb appointed me as Deputy Minister of Home Affairs. Since then, I have become increasingly more engaged. I have served as Minister of Home Affairs, Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly, Election Commissioner, and of course Vice Delegate. All of these experiences have really helped me to develop and have made my time here feel worthwhile.

Brendog: Very Interesting. Being our current Vice Delegate, which previous positions have helped you with being VD?

Siwale: Most of them have helped me in one way or another. For example, my terms as Deputy Speaker and Election Commissioner have helped me to gather a better understanding of the law. Elected officials should pay close attention to the laws that impact their positions and the Vice Delegacy is no different. Aside from the law, my term as Minister of Home Affairs has helped me to gain experience in leading a team. This experience is vital considering that the Vice Delegate chairs the Security Council and works very closely with this group of individuals throughout the term.

Brendog: So it has helped! How has the Vice Delegacy treating you, are you having fun?

Siwale: I am in fact having fun. Yes, there are challenges that arise but they keep the game interesting. I am so appreciative to have this opportunity to serve TNP.

Brendog: In a years time, where do you see yourself in TNP?

Siwale: In a year’s time, I hope to see myself still actively involved in TNP. I do not have any big plans for the future. I just intend to continue contributing to TNP in any way I can.

Brendog: Interesting! Who has been your idol in TNP? Who has that helped achieve your goals?

Siwale: Two people really: Pallaith and r3naissanc3r. These two individuals are tremendous assets to TNP and I am incredibly grateful to have the opportunity of working with them both. They have both served the region in a number of different capacities and have excelled in every one of these positions. I love to learn from their past experiences as it helps me improve my own work.

Brendog: What do you recommend for future Vice Delegate's?

Siwale: Work with the Security Council, not against them. The Security Council is composed of some of the most experienced players in TNP. The VD and the Security Council have a lot of goals in common and should be working together to achieve these goals. The main concern is, and should always be regional security.

Brendog: For the Audience, is the VD a tough position? Who would you recommend to become the next VD

Siwale: Every government position is tough and the Vice Delegacy is no exception. It requires a good amount of work that needs to be done on a routine basis. If you take the job, you need to be truly committed. That being said, the job is extremely rewarding. I enjoy performing the tasks at hand and welcome the opportunities this position presents me with.

I would recommend Darcania become the next VD. He has done a great job with all of the positions he has held thus far and I am confident in his abilities to exceed in this position as well.

Brendog: How has the VD changed your views in TNP?

Siwale: It hasn’t really changed my views. If anything, it has just made me respect the Security Council even more. Since a lot of the Security Council business takes place in private areas of the regional forum, it is hard to truly appreciate everything they do until you can see it for yourself.

Brendog: What is your next position after VD, or are you going to try for another term?

Siwale: My current plan is to try for another term. There is still a lot I would like to accomplish in the office before moving on to something new.

Brendog: If you were to become the delegate, who would be your dream cabinet?

Siwale:
  • Minister of Defense: Gladio
  • Minister of World Assembly Affairs: Sil Dorsett
  • Minister of Foreign Affairs: SillyString
  • Minister of Home Affairs: r3naissanc3r
  • Minister of Culture: McMasterdonia
  • Minister of Communications: Kasch

Brendog:If the TNP were to CTE, which nations would you take to the region?

Siwale: If TNP were to CTE, I would invite all of the nations that reside in TNP to join a new region. TNP is just a physical region. It would be nothing without the nations who have turned it into such a special place. These nations are what matter to me the most, not a physical region.

Brendog: Finally, which region, apart from TNP do you find interesting.?

Siwale: I’ve always found The Rejected Realms to be quite fascinating. Being an ejection-free zone adds a unique element that can’t be found anywhere else in the game. It offers a number of challenges and limits the ways that threats and other unwanted visitors can be dealt with. Despite all of the challenges, however, TRR has been able to maintain a stable democratic government for quite some time.

Brendog: Well, thank you for joining me today on the Spotlight. It has been a pleasure.

Image Monthly Memoirs
by Kasch, Deputy Min. Communications

This month I decided to ask questions in relation to roleplay.
Roleplay Questions

• What is your involvement in TNP Roleplay?
  • Who is your favorite roleplayer and why?
  • If given the power, what changes would you make to roleplay in TNP and why?
  • If a roleplay World War broke out, would you be passive or aggressive? Who'd you invade first?
  • Do you prefer RMB roleplaying or forum roleplaying and why?
Answers

Kyoki Chudoku, Citizen
What is your involvement in TNP Roleplay?

I am Kyoki Chudoku. I'm a somewhat significant power in the TNP RMB universe, mainly known for tyranny, insanity and cookies. I helped contribute, I suppose, to the occasional walls of text made there, and to several conflicts and events in the RP.

Who is your favorite roleplayer and why?

I honestly cannot say.

If given the power, what changes would you make to roleplay in TNP and why?

I would try to reduce focusing too heavily on statistics and attempt (this is assuming I can actually do this) to rescue the amount of incredibly short replies to major events.

If a roleplay World War broke out, would you be passive or aggressive? Who'd you invade first?

It depends, I'd probably be involved in it somehow but I'd focus on defence of myself and my allies. I am unsure who I would invade first.

Do you prefer RMB roleplaying or forum roleplaying and why?

RMB. I am largely established in that community and appreciate the rapid pace and extreme variety.

Miedzymorse, Citizen

I'm a relatively new RPer under the nation of Miedzymorse, but I've already been promoted into the Cartography Staff of TNP.

Me (Obviously).

I like the forum-side RP just the way it is.

If a roleplay World War broke out, would you be passive or aggressive? Who'd you invade first?

I'll definitely be involved in the World War and probably declare war on everything. :p

Probably the forums, as the RMB is too fast-paced for my liking and harder to understand what's happening than the forum RP.

Thenaca, Citizen

I am Friently, and a significant power in the RMB universe being the leader of the Warsaw Pact alliance. My nation is the definition of a father-knows-best state, a benevolent dictatorship.
I am also a RP mod and have been responsible for creating and enforcing many of the laws that prevent godmoding and lazy RP

There are many good RPers in the RMB and from what I've seen in Eras as well.

Not roleplay in particular, more the regulation of it to make things more free but still balanced for everyone involved. (RMB)

Given that I am the leader of one of the two major alliances in the RMB universe I would be right in the middle of it. Depending on the war and involved parties Friently would likely be one of the most combat-active nations in the conflict. Both on offense and defense.

I prefer the RMB because you are more free in your lore and worldbuilding. The overall RP style dominant on the RMB, leader based banter, is more alluring to me.

Yukkira, Deputy Minister

I'm involved in both the Eras-RP and and Strangereal/RMB RP.

I'd say Iraelia for the Eras-RP. Despite my quirks, he's worked with me to get established in the community.

For the Strangereal-RP, I'd say Kyoki. Despite not being involved in the RP Moderation Team, he helps to control the chaos in small but very noticeable ways. He makes an admirable effort indeed to maintain the peace on Strangereal.

-

If a WW broke out in Eras, I actually can't say whether I'd be passive or aggressive. I've reached across continents and made friends with people from differing alliances in addition to my own. I can't say for certain if I wouldn't declare neutrality because of that.

If a WW broke out in Strangereal, it'd be just another normal day. I'd probably be aggressive in defending my members of Hotel Lala and would ensure that at the very least, the Imperialist League gets its just deserts. Hong Kong Empire gets the first bullet.

I actually like both. In Strangereal, I'm both a nurturer and a caretaker to not just my members but to all nations on the map. On Eras, I can develop Yukkira into the realistic likeness of what my nation should look like in pertinence to Strangereal. As there is no difference between the two, joining and getting involved in the Eras RP has helped to flesh out, more and more, the unique identity of Yukkira

Iraelia, Citizen

I roleplay on TNPRP's Eras as two separate nations, Kaandar and Iraelia. Ever since I joined the forums, roleplay has been my favorite thing about TNP and so I have devoted a good portion of my free time to world-building, roleplaying, etc, That sorta thing; So I would like to believe that I am one of the more active roleplayers in TNP.

By far, it has to be Nightsong, who Roleplays as the Merilian League, for a myriad of reasons. First would have to be his very close attention to detail in his worldbuilding. There are very few questions anyone can ask about Merilia that he doesn't have an answer to. Next would be his very well though out constitution. There are only two currently active role-players who have managed to churn out a twenty page constitution, Goyanes (who is probably my second favorite roleplayer) and Nightsong. The attention to detail in the inner machinations of his government is astounding. Finally, it would have to be the way he Roleplays. I very rarely see him make grammatical errors, his posts all have logical consistency, and they all are very well thought out. Props to him.

If I could, I might give more power to the conclave and try to make them a little more independent of the Mods, because right now any conclave decision can be vetoed by a single mod so the conclave has sort of hit a little gridlock because of that, among other reasons. But other then that, I love the way TNPRP is being run.

If a roleplay World War broke out, there would be no invasions. The entire face of Eras would be irradiated, the survivors would be dealing with a nuclear winter and the ensuing fallout. But MAD permitting, I would probably use the war as pretense to destroy Skanda once and for all (sorry Andy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

Forum roleplaying by far. The conclave and moderators, as well as our senior most roleplayers, do an incredible job of maintaining realism within Eras. We don't have very many implausible scenarios, minus a few fantasy creatures here and there, and it ensures that Eras really feels like a modern world with modern geopolitics, militaries, and diplomacy. While I have heard from a few friends that the RMB is getting more orderly, I have heard some very crazy stories about RMB roleplays. Again, it's just my personal opinion, but I value realism above all else within roleplay worlds that I participate in.

abc, Minister

I am on the RP conclave, and roleplay two nations, Goyanes and Ascalon, on the forums.

Too many...

I am content with the way forumside RP is being run at the moment.

I'd stay neutral and hand out knuckle sandwiches to anyone who dares touch the fatherland :P

Forum. The RMB is too fast paced and outlandish for my liking.

Image Security Councillor #9 Kaschovia
by Yuno, Citizen

Greetings Reader!
I'm Lady Yuno, a journalist for TNP. I've written a biography for a Security Councillor! Security Councillors are the security of your region for an indefinitely long time (FOREVER,) and wouldn't it be great to learn more about your security guards and how they accomplished their promotion to become Security Councillors in the first place?

I also found it beneficial when nations learn more about their fellow regionmates! So here it is:

Biography of Kasch:

1) Kasch joined NationStates in April 8, 2016. His first nation, Kaschovia, spawned in The East Pacific, but the next day he moved it immediately to The North Pacific. (!)

2) Enjoying his time in TNP, Kasch clicked on the link to join TNP's forum: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/index/

3) The first thing he did was join TNP's military. He spotted the military sign-up thread, and filled out his North Pacific Army application. He made an introduction thread and looked at what else was in TNP's community.

4) Suddenly, Kash noticed the Executive staff application thread which was right under the citizenship application. He clicked on the thread and applied to join the Culture Ministry, Home Affairs Ministry, and the World Assembly Affairs Ministry.

Culture was for organizing TNP cultural events, Home Affairs was for recruiting TNP nations to join the forum, and WA Affairs was for creating/debating WA proposals. Kasch gained experience from these activities, and applied next for Communications.

5) Communications meant writing newspapers for The North Pacific (that's this one!) Kasch wrote a lot of newspaper articles and distributed it to TNP members.

6) Now here's a fun fact. Having gained all the experienced he needed from the 4 Ministries he joined, Kasch applied to be the Minister of Gameside Affairs, during Lord Ravenclaw's Delegate term. Result: KASCH WAS HIRED!

7) Kasch served two terms as Gameside Minister. (Terms are 4 months each.)

8) Seeing that there was still one more Ministry he hasn't tried out yet, Kasch joined the Foreign Affairs Ministry, where he learned how to become a foreign relations-expert diplomat.

9) The North Pacific had new Delegate elections roll around: Plembobria was elected. Plembobria deemed that the Ministry of Gameside was low maintenance and needed Kasch for the more high-end job: Communications Minister.

Seeing that Kasch already had professional journalism experience from his previous days serving the Communications Ministry, Kasch was appointed new Communications Minister. He was to organize and prepare articles, editors, and writers of TNP news.

10) Therefore, Kasch was a Minister of Communications. Meanwhile, he was promoted in his other Ministries! He became a Deputy Minister of WA Affairs, Culture, AND Home Affairs (which is essentially 2nd-in-command leadership in those ministries.) Kasch was also promoted to Lead RMB Guardian. Kasch also became a Deputy Attorney General (which means he judges criminals in TNP's Court,) and he became a TNP Roleplay Moderator.

11) Kasch decided to run for Vice-Delegate… and WON! At the same time, Palliath also ran in the election for Delegate and won.

12) Kasch spent 4 months as a Vice Delegate, and ran for re-election but LOST to Siwale. However, Palliath immediately hired Kasch to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs. This was a good arrangement because Foreign Affairs Ministers can move their World Assembly status around, and a Vice Delegate must keep their World Assembly rooted in TNP.

13) Kasch organized all TNP's ambassadors and assigned regions to each diplomat to go to, and organized them. Essentially building from scratch, this set the groundwork for future successful and prosperous interregional relations between The North Pacific and allies. 60 days later, Kasch stepped down after a discussion with the Cabinet that decided his skills and dedication to The North Pacific were better suited for the Security Council, given that his experience and talent in TNP's internal affairs was far superior to his already capable external affairs.

14) Security Councillors are the most trusted senior nations in The North Pacific, tasked with protecting the region from foreign and internal threats, therefore they are required to maintain a high endorsement count and influence level. Kasch’s contributions to the North Pacific earned him the entire regional assembly's trust, and the citizens voted Kasch to be their next Security Councillor.

The Security Council exists to serve the region, and to ensure that democracy will always reign in TNP. The Security Council comprises of

15) And this, is how Kasch became a security councillor ^_^

This could be you one day.
Ok, enough of my third-person biography. Here's some real quotes from Kasch!

Me: Could you specify the things you did while in those ministries and your memorable moments in TNP or the RMB?

[2:06 PM] Kasch: The Ministry of Gameside Affairs no longer exists, but while it did, I made the most of the opportunities I had. What most notably came from my terms as MoGA was the joint project that I worked on with Tomb to revive the mentoring program for new nations/members. The program is still going strong and getting new nations involved even to this day, which is something that I am very proud to have helped bring back. I got the RMB Guardians up and running again, which helped deal with the RMB when things got out of control. Although it has not had such a large effect, it gave me experience in leading such groups. I was extremely ambitious and hopeful back then, so I guess I was blinded by the responsibility of the position and would sometimes lose track of what I was supposed to be doing as opposed to what I wanted to.

[2:14 PM] Kasch: My work in the Ministry of Communications, I believe, has also had some long term effects. I established the Northern Broadcasting Service with one my greatest NS friends Frozentophat (also known as FTH), and that has seen some success, though it is still finding its feet, I think it could turn out amazingly if enough people worked on it. I was the first minister in my time to use a template for planning articles, which has helped the next few ministers after me organize their staff writers/editors when assigning articles. I have also helped establish what I call 'running articles', which are articles that can be written as part of a series of articles addressing the same things, such as the 'Spotlight' interview series, the 'Monthly Memoirs' series, 'NPA News Bulletin', which has vastly helped spread awareness of the NPA and its operations and the 'Regional Assembly Highlights' series, which is more like the RA Digests (which I am happy to see are now being released more often).(edited)

[2:18 PM] Kasch: Although I eventually did resign as Minister of Foreign Affairs, I didn't sit with my feet up and do nothing during my time. With the help of my deputies and with discussions from staff and senior diplomats, the closure of several very inactive embassies took place, which was a huge problem for the ministry and was something that had not been dealt with by many former ministers. I dealt with embassies that didn't have ambassadors and got people assigned so that there were no gaps. My weaknesses were organizing a mentor program, which didn't happen until Lord Ravenclaw took over, and taking part in more important discussions.

[2:20 PM] Kasch: I have worked as Deputy Minister for four ministries: WAA, HA, COMMS, and Cul. I have assisted with the management of those ministries in my time, although I would say my impact as a Deputy on these ministries has not been as extensive as my time as Minister for GA, COMMS, and FA.

[2:30 PM] Kasch: I'll try my best to mention some of my highlights. Firstly, being appointed MoGA by Lord Ravenclaw. It was the starting point for me here and gave me such valuable experience in handling ministries. Secondly, my first ever operation with the NPA, just because of how intense it was. Thirdly, running the Northern Cup along with Lorbank and StGeorge, because of how many people were interested in it. Fourthly, my interview with IndieGirl, which I am and always will be extremely happy to have done. Fifthly, being appointed Minister of Communications because it was a position that I was quite anxious to assume, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sixthly, getting my first issue published into NationStates, because of how much work it took to even get it submitted, let alone accepted. Seventhly, being elected as Vice Delegate, because I got to experience being a candidate and working in that office for the first time. Eighthly, meeting the people I have, because I wouldn't have stayed this long without them. Ninthly, being voted into the Security Council, because I knew at that point that I had earned the trust of the region and could take on a much larger responsibility than I had before. And finally, posting Issue X of the Northern Lights as Minister of Communications, it was the first I had published and it was something that I was very proud of because of the writers that made it happen. I know I will have forgotten a lot of things, but these aren't ranked in terms of how memorable they are, just the moments that have stuck with me.

[2:47 PM] Yuno: Great. I'd like you to give more details on those 9 things. Like explain what kind of NPA op (if you still remember) who was on it. And what's the Northern Cup?
IndieGirl interview link?
How about who's your top five or top ten fave TNP people and why (brief).

November 25, 2017

[12:44 PM] Kasch: I remember the feeling of being a part of the operation, but unfortunately, the exact details of the operation do not come to mind. The Northern Cup is a regional football/soccer competition that has been running for two years consecutively. I managed 16 participants in the first edition, and 32 in the second. I intend to run the Northern Cup 2018 around January again. The link to the interview with IndieGirl is: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=894025, if you scroll to the bottom then you can't miss it. I will remember being appointed Minister of Communications because previously I'd always enjoyed writing and publishing dispatches, so it was the perfect fit for me, and I also had quite a lot of ideas for the ministry that I wanted to put into place. The first issue I got published was called 'Making Money Hand Over Fist', #827. The link for that is: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=88&start=25#827. Being elected VD felt similar to being admitted to the SC, in that I could sense that I had achieved a goal of mine and knew that I had the region behind me.

[12:56 PM] Kasch: Ordering my favourite people is too difficult! A few of them aren't really around much anymore, but I'll mention them anyway, in no particular order. Lord Ravenclaw, FrozenTopHat, Lorbank, StGeorge, IndieGirl, Syrixia, Great Bights Mum, and Darcania.

[12:56 PM] Kasch: I'm sure I'll remember more of them later, but that's all for now.

me: WOW

@.@

Conclusion:
These quotes were too fascinating that I didn't have the heart to edit them. Kaschovia responded to my interview questions instantly, with those answers.
Turns out the road to becoming among the top ten highest endorsed and entrusted players is a long journey, and it's not by simply collecting endorsements. But it was certainly fulfilling to me as a journalist, and I reckon absolutely gratifying as an experience of a newcomer who rose up the ranks of The North Pacific starting from Citizen to Security Councillor in two years. Sidenote: Kasch has 815 endos at the time of writing this (proof: https://i.imgur.com/mdMTbGM.png )

Image North Pacific Army Bulletin
by Gladio, Min. of Defense

At the beginning of November, The North Pacific Army (NPA) organized and co-lead a raid together with our ally Albion In the region of Alteri Earth along with friends and allies from Europeia, Equilism and Kantrias as part of the Friendship Festival that was hosted In The North Pacific. The mission was a success and the native delegate was overthrown and his reign of 293 days was ended! 17 NPAers took part In this mission.

NPA Soldiers charging Into battle In Alteri Earth

Once the raid In Alteri Earth was over, The NPA together with our allies from The South Pacific deployed to the regions of Potestates enim Axem Lentis and later In Burnemke too, In order to destroy the fascist forces that were stationed there. 5 NPAers took part In this op.

After taking care of the fascist regions, The NPA continued with It's regular training exercises, first by conducting raids In the regions of Warzone Australia and The Green Shrubbery and then continuing with It's regular de-tag training ops reaching the number of 154 successful de-tags for this term!

Overall, November was a solid month for The NPA and the last month for this term December Is expected to be even better In terms of activity.

The North Pacific Army ([b]NPA) remains as one of the largest, most active and well organized military force In the NationStates world and you can join It by applying here![/b]

Image WA Affairs
by zamerriman, Citizen

General Assembly:
Security Council:

Publisher: Pallaith :: Executive Editor: Brend0g:: Managing Editors: Kasch and Iraelia:: Graphic Artist: Imki + SillyString

The Northern Lights is produced by the Ministry of Communications on behalf of the Government of The North Pacific and distributed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Except where otherwise indicated, all content represents the views of the Government of The North Pacific.

Index of issues

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 pm

Another thorough and super varied report!

Always a pleasure when SPSF\NPA work together :)

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:05 pm

That picture looks like a lot of calvary charging headfirst into a wall :p
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Pallaith
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Recent Election Results
January General Elections have concluded and now we have a new Delegate, Gladio_II - our long time Defense Minister. Check out his opening address here
Additionally the citizens of TNP decided convincingly to re-elect our Speaker Darcania and our Attorney General Goyanes.
We also re-elected our Vice Delegate in an extremely close race against McMasterdonia - if you want to check out the percentage and the full breakdown of our results head over here

New Cabinet
With our new delegate comes a new cabinet, here they are:
Minister of Communications: Kaschovia
Minister of Culture: Sundred
Minister of Defense: Malphe
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Pallaith
Minister of Home Affairs: Xagill
Minister of WA Affairs: Deropia

The Lennarts 2017
The Lennart Awards, sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, are currently underway. These awards recognize the outstanding contributions that nations make to our region. Be on the lookout for a steady stream of new regional polls in order to determine the winner for each category. Please see the dispatch here to learn more about each award category and how to nominate nations. Good luck to those being nominated!
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 pm

My sincerest congratulations to my old friend Gladio. I'm so proud to see him at the top :)
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Congratulation on elections and the Lennart poll is a great idea!

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:08 am

Congrats to Gladio! He's come a long way.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Congrats, Gladio!
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Kaschovia
Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Kaschovia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 pm

Image The January General Election

by Kaschovia, Minister of Communications

This January election cycle, we witnessed historic and never-before-seen voter participation as four people won their respective elections. Lord Ravenclaw, Gladio II, Mallorea and Riva, and Falapatorius declared their candidacies for Delegate; Guslantis (Bootsie), Siwale, and McMasterdonia declared their candidacies for Vice Delegate; Darcania and Clean Land declared their candidacies for Speaker, and Silloam (HuAt) and Goyanes declared their candidacies for Attorney General.

The Race for the Delegacy

Lord Ravenclaw's campaign arrived under the 'Still Soaring' slogan, and campaigned on his prior record of service in the North Pacific and other regions to deliver on a comprehensive platform which emphasised a strong World Assembly performance, a strong diplomatic presence, a robust and flexible North Pacific Army alongside a vibrant internal culture and roleplay world.

Gladio II's campaign reverted to a more simple, but bold slogan, with 'Progress and Results'. He campaigned on his strong record of service as a long-serving Minister of Defence, his impressive history of more than 200 NPA missions, his work as a contributing author to The Northern Lights, to the Diplomatic Corps, and his significant contribution to recruitment and retention efforts through his participation in the Ministry of Home Affairs.

Mallorea and Riva, a perennial candidate for the Delegacy formulated his campaign around six core promises. These included boosting his influence with the support of major raider organisations, using legal methods to reduce the endo counts of other TNP nations, appointing former TNP rogue Delegate JAL as Minister of Defence, purging the region of dissidents, and finally that should it be apparent that he would lose the Delegacy, he would eject himself and a collection of WA nations to conquer ‘the Fratt infested hellhole’.

Falapatorius campaigned on his more than four years of citizenship in the North Pacific, his service in the Attorney General's office and his military experience with various external organisations. He expressed a hesitance to make any major changes and his unwillingness to overthrow the legitimate government.

Gladio II won the election for Delegate with 58 votes (56.86%) to Lord Ravenclaw’s 40 votes, (39.22), Mallorea and Riva’s 4 votes (3.92%), and 5 abstentions.

The Race for the Vice Delegacy

One interesting thing about the Vice Delegate election was that every candidate had already served in the position at least once before. McMasterdonia was the first of the group to serve as Vice Delegate, Guslantis (Bootsie) was the second, and Siwale was the last.

McMasterdonia’s campaign focused on his prior service and contributions to the community as Delegate, Vice Delegate, Security Councillor, and in various Cabinet roles including as Minister of Culture during Pallaith’s second term. He expressed his goals if elected Vice Delegate, the first being to expand and improve upon the efforts of the TNP for #1 endorsement competition, expanding SC engagement with the RMB through in-game activities, including SC hosted theme weeks, games and activities.

Siwale, campaigned on a highly successful term for the Security Council and for himself as the Vice Delegate. His goals included growing the high level of activity within the Security Council and the endorsement count of all WA nations, the prompt processing of citizenship applications, pragmatic disclosure of SC discussions, and pursuing necessary legal reform as appropriate.

Guslantis (Bootsie) campaigned on his belief in the importance of the security of the North Pacific, and his involvement in the Security Council in eliminating all threats to The North Pacific. He campaigned on his prior service to the region in various roles, and that his commitment and activity level would ensure that security checks were performed promptly, and that endorsement counts would improve across the region.

Siwale won the election for Vice Delegate with 49 votes (50.52%) to McMasterdonia’s 41 votes (42.27%), Guslantis (Bootsie)’s 7 votes (7.22%), and 10 abstentions.

The Race for Speaker

Darcania presented his platform in splendid fashion, tracing his goals and aims through creative and beautifully crafted haiku verses. He outlined his plans to develop: a chrome extension to make Admin and Speaker checks more efficient and accurate; a cog for the Discord bot to allow members to claim nations and be automatically masked; a counting sheet for the citizens registry; and a small utility script in the Citizens registry to generate an admin request based on the sheet to move and delete rows automatically.

Clean Land, the other candidate in this race did not post a campaign and voted for Darcania in the election.

Darcania won the election for Speaker with 98 votes (98%) to Clean Land ’s 2 votes (2%), and 7 abstentions.

The Race for Attorney General

Goyanes, the incumbent Attorney General campaigned on his prior service and goals to work on the ongoing R4Rs before the Court, on making TNP Law more understandable and accessible to the community, maintaining a quick and effective response to legal complaints, and continuing to provide excellent legal advice to members of the Government.

Silloam (HuAt) campaigned based on his prior experience in the Court as Assistant Attorney General under PaulWallLibertarian42, and his role as lead investigator in Falapatorius v. Flemingovia. Silloam (HuAt) promised to be fair and impartial in all legal decisions and to focus on the facts of all cases and complaints an investigation and trial ensues.

Goyannes won the election for Attorney General with 80 votes (95.24%), to Silloam’s 4 votes (4.76%), and 23 abstentions.

Image World Assembly Affairs Digest January 2018
by Deropia, Minister of World Assembly Affairs

Minister: Deropia
Deputy Minister: Kranostav
Deputy Minister: Veniyerris

From the Minister's desk:

Hello everyone! I'm Deropia, your newly appointed Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Here you'll find details of everything that has happened in the World Assembly and the Ministry in the past month. I'd like to take a moment now to congratulate Kranostav on being reappointed, and Veniyerris on being appointed Deputy Ministers.

Do you want to have a greater impact on the outcome of votes in the World Assembly? If you do, that's great because you can! In The North Pacific our Delegate casts their vote in the World Assembly based on the results of a poll we hold on our regional forum! All you need is to have your WA nation in The North Pacific and have an account on the forum, that's it!

Would you like to help others decide how to vote on World Assembly resolutions? Then the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs wants you! The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs releases a voting recommendation for every proposal that reaches the voting floor and distributes it to every WA nation in The North Pacific. By joining the Executive Staff you can help us write our recommendations and make your opinion known to more than 1,500 nations!

I look forward to serving you all in the coming months.

Anyways, without further ado here's what we voted on, how we voted and what the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended

General Assembly

Improving the world, one resolution at a time.
Proposal: Voting Equality for Freed Inmates
Delegates Vote: For
Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 1 Abstain: 2
Final Vote (TNP): For: 534 Against: 84 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.18%
Final Vote (World): For: 14,314 Against: 3,117

Recommendation: The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs reviewed the resolution and found its intentions are straightforward. Voting Equality for Freed Inmates does exactly as its title says, and ensures that voting privileges are extended to convicted criminals, provided that they have completed their term of incarceration and are not subject to parole or a probation order. Exceptions are reasonably provided for instances where the voter has been convicted of crimes related to voter fraud or has aided a foreign or domestic power in subverting the lawful government. Democracy is one of the core values of The North Pacific and the Ministry believes that the right to vote is one that should be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of their past. Voting Equality for Freed Inmates accomplishes this without placing undue hardship on national and local governments.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended voting for the resolution.

Proposal: Protection of Biomedical Research
Forum Vote: For: 11 Against: 6 Abstain: 0
Final Vote (TNP): For: 565 Against: 44 Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.59%
Final Vote (World): For: 13,762 Against: 3,856

Recommendation: Protection of Biomedical Research is a relatively mild proposal that seeks to ensure a standard of ethics and scientific rigor in biomedical experiments within the World Assembly. It ensures that member states engage only in research where the well-being and ethical treatment of the subjects are prioritized, but in a manner which makes additional testing on both human and lab animal tests possible. Further, it promotes additional research by tasking the World Assembly Science Programme to coordinate and advise international research efforts, as well as share data volunteered by researchers.

More importantly, the proposal preempts future attempts to block biomedical research in the name of religious or moral objections, ensuring that WA members can engage in research in the best interests of their populations.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended voting for the resolution.

Proposal: Ozone Layer Protection
Forum Vote: For: 12 Against: 0 Abstain: 0
Final Vote (TNP): For: 544 Against: 83 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.68%
Final Vote (World): For: 15,211 Against: 2,998

Recommendation: On oxygen rich planets, the Ozone layer acts as essential protection against harmful UV rays. However, some industrial chemicals currently used deplete this fragile layer. This resolution seeks to reduce the damage done to the ozone layer by some of the chemicals used by industry. It accomplishes this by mandating that member nations and a newly created subcommittee, the Atmospheric Chemistry Establishment, identify Ozone depleting chemicals and research alternatives. This resolution also tasks the ACE with setting deadlines for phasing out the use of ozone-depleting chemicals from use, and requires that member nations cease production and use of these chemicals by these deadlines. Ozone Layer Protection provides an exemption to this by allowing the ACE to provide waivers to member nations, provided that the chemicals are used in a closed system and can not harm atmospheric chemistry in other nations.

Security Council

Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Proposal: Repeal: Liberate Dank Memes
Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 0 Abstain: 0
Final Vote (TNP): For: 514 Against: 36 Percentage of WA nations voting: 35.59%
Final Vote (World): For: 14,623 Against: 1,156

Recommendation: The point of a liberation is to allow native and defender forces the opportunity to reclaim a region from invading forces. As Dank Memes has been refounded by invading forces, this is no longer possible and makes any attempt to return the region to native residents doomed to failure. This makes the Security Council's liberation of Dank Memes unnecessary.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a voting for the resolution.

Proposal: Commend Tsunamy
Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 1 Abstain: 0
Final Vote (TNP): For: 503 Against: 34 Percentage of WA nations voting: 34.53%
Final Vote (World): For: 11,196 Against: 3,483

Recommendation: The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs believes that commendations should be reserved for nations that have had a lasting effect on their region or the international community at large. When it comes to the commendation of Tsunamy, there is a wealth of information to consider. Beginning with their reestablishing The South Pacific's regional forum and salvaging the Coalition of the South Pacific's Charter after it was lost in the aftermath of the coup by The Xyz Affair. We must also take into consideration the numerous coup attempts that Tsunamy has defended The South Pacific against and their efforts to restore the region after such attempts have been successful. We should consider the loyalty and dedication they have shown to their region in the numerous elected and appointed positions they have held over the years, such as serving as World Assembly Delegate for over two years spread over three terms. During their tenure in The South Pacific, they have provided advice to newly formed national governments and played an integral role in shaping the culture of The South Pacific.

Proposal: Commend The MT Army
Forum Vote: For: 6 Against: 7 Abstain: 0
Final Vote (TNP): For: 508 Against: 96 Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.06%
Final Vote (World): For: 8,762 Against: 7,148
Recommendation: The MT Army is a dedicated and widely-respected anti-fascist and anti-Nazi military force who has served NationStates for the last 14 years. The MT Army worked alongside the Pacific Defenders which began the Anti Nazi Alliance who functioned as a bane against hatred and bigotry in NationStates through the early to mid-2000's. The MT Army's numerous laudable achievements in fighting hatred include the destruction of The URAP, Greater German Reich, and assisting the North Pacific Army, among others, in the destruction of NAZI EUROPE. The MT Army has also administered Antifa and inspired as well as guided many anti-hate regions that are currently active defending NationStates from hatred and bigotry. The Ministry believes that the significant contributions of The MT Army to the fight against intolerance, as well as their numerous military accomplishments and a long history of service to the community, is worthy of commendation.

Proposal: Liberate Iran
Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 4 Abstain: 0
Final Vote (TNP): For: 599 Against: 38 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.93%
Final Vote (World): For: 16,268 Against: 1,406

Recommendation: The region of Iran was invaded 5 years ago and was left to die behind a password. Although a significant amount of time has passed since the region was passworded, this should have no effect on whether or not a region is worthy of liberation. The nations currently occupying the region are under the control of a puppetmaster, so the liberation will most likely be successful. Additionally, the author of the proposal reached out to former natives of the region, and there was at least one native that was interested in returning. The Ministry believes that so long as there is at least one native willing to return to their home, that a liberation is worthwhile.

Image Regional Assembly Highlights
by Brendog, Minister of Home Affairs

Over the past two months, we have seen plenty of proposals, but many are still in discussion:

Passed
  1. The first to pass in December (11.12.17) was a motion to Plembobria to the Security Council motioned by McMasterdonia and seconded by other received 41 ayes, 3 nays, and 6 abstentions;
  2. Palliaith appointed Crushing Our Enemies, SillyString, Darcania , Eluvatar, Siwale, Syrixia, and Scorch as Election Commissioners in accordance with the Election Reform Bill. The vote being motioned by Mallorea and Rivaand seconded by Drasnia. All were confirmed on the 19th of December;

3. Siwale's Security Council Suspensions Amendment bill also passed on the 11th of January, with 42 ayes, 1 nay, and 6 abstentions.

In discussion from previous months
  1. Reforming the Penal Code, proposed by Eluvatar, which entered discussion on the 10th of September 2017.
  2. The Ombudsman Bill, proposed by Sergio86, which entered discussion on the 5th of October 2017.
  3. Closing Legal Loopholes *Properly* Amendment proposed by Sill Dorsett on the 24th of December

Failed
  1. In December (28.12.17) the Regional Assembly failed to pass the Closing Legal Loopholes Amendment with 0 ayes, 18 nays and 7 abstentions

On hold
  1. Due to multiple request for reviews on a now outdated proposal of a Motion to Declare an Emergency Situation the counting of the bill will not happen till all request for reviews are completed.

Image The Spotlight #9: Interview w/ Delegate Gladio II
by Kaschovia and Gladio II, Minister of Communications and Delegate

Kaschovia: Gladio II! It's great to have you on the 9th Edition of the Spotlight!

Gladio II: Thank you for having me Kaschovia, it's a pleasure to be here.

Kaschovia: So, it's been an eventful few weeks, with the lead up to the general elections and the campaigning... and eventually, the winning! But what did you find was the toughest thing for you to do over the election process?

Gladio II: This was my first time running in the General Elections and the elections proved to be really interesting and challenging! I had to run against a really strong candidate, as my main opponent for the position Lord Ravenclaw is a former two-time Delegate of our region and thus convincing people to vote for me over him wasn't easy. I am glad it all worked out in the end and that I came out as the winner.

Kaschovia: I can imagine the kind of competition there must have been! How does it feel to be the new Delegate of the North Pacific?

Gladio II: I've been in TNP for over six years now and it's truly an honor for me to be given the chance to be Delegate to our wonderful region. It's very exciting but at the same time, it's also very hectic, getting so many queries all the time and having so many things that require your immediate attention is definitely something that I'm not used to.

Kaschovia: It must be. What is your main goal as Delegate?

Gladio II: Before running for Delegate I was Minister of Defense for six full terms, however, there is a difference between being a Minister and a Delegate, when you are a Minister you only have one ministry and therefore you only have one problem to think about. When you are a Delegate you have six different problems that you have to worry about! I ran on a simple campaign platform that's based on realistic goals for each ministry that I believe I will be able to accomplish. My main goal for this term will be to ensure that all the ministries remain active and continue to work efficiently throughout my entire term as Delegate and to recruit as many new people from the game side as possible, integrate them into our community and encourage them to become part of our executive staff.

Kaschovia: That sounds great, Gladio II. If you had to dissolve one of the currently existing ministries, which would it be and why?

Gladio II: Currently I'm satisfied with the performance of Defense, Foreign Affairs, Home Affairs, Communications, Culture and World Assembly Affairs and the amount of workload that each ministry has, that being said I don't plan to Create/Remove any ministries.

Kaschovia: You certainly are confident in your government, very reassuring. How do you want your Delegacy to be remembered by future TNPers?

Gladio II: I hope that after the end of my term, future TNPers will remember me as a successful Delegate who always worked hard for the good of the region and that the work I leave behind me will inspire and motivate others to do the same.

Kaschovia: What are you most worried about happening during your Delegacy?

Gladio II: Tough question, I think right now at the beginning of my Delegacy I don't have any particular concerns as I believe I have more than enough time and energy to resolve any issues should they occur.

Kaschovia: If you had to say, which ministry is the most important to your government, and why?
And you can't say all of them.

Gladio II: Each ministry is important in its own way but if I had to pick... I would say Home Affairs. I think arguably this ministry could be considered as the most important and vital one because of the vast amount of work they do by bringing in new members and helping to integrate them into our community. Without their efforts our region would have less new blood and many other ministries would stagnate as a result of this.

Kaschovia: That is very true! Who, in NationStates, do you or have you looked up to? Who, in NationStates terms, is your idol?

Gladio II: McMasterdonia and r3naissanc3r. McM Is the one who recruited me into the NPA and was my mentor In my early days when I first got actively involved In gameplay. Under r3n's delegacy, I served my first two terms as Minister of Defence. I've had the pleasure of working with him many times now and I have very good working relations with him and we easily get along very well.

Kaschovia: What is your favorite thing about being Delegate?

Gladio II: My favorite thing about being a Delegate would have to be the given opportunity to work with people from different branches not just from TNP but from other regions as well.

Kaschovia: What is your biggest concern regarding the North Pacific, right now?

Gladio II: Right now the North Pacific is a safe and stable region so at this moment I don't have any particular concerns regarding our region.

Kaschovia: Alright, thanks for your responses Gladio II, good luck with the upcoming term!

Image RMB Roleplay Reel #2
by Yukkira, Deputy Minister

This month, the RMB RP Reel would like to take a special look at the TNP Winter Olympics, created and hosted by resident TNP RMB RPer, Toshavo; more commonly known as Global Socialist Republic (GSR). GSR used to run one of the biggest alliances within the Strangereal community. But due to real life concerns, in addition to in-character politics, had to step down, and ultimately disband the alliance. Now, he's just another neutral country on the map, attempting to do something potentially monumental...

The 2018 North Pacific Winter Olympics is a major sporting event for all nations in the North Pacific to come together and rejoice in sports. It was an idea that Toshavo had for a long time; he thought it would be fun to do it out of character and include not just nations of the TNP RMB but nations of the entire region. Thus, he purposely planned and organized the games in the same time frame when the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics would begin.

The entire premise of the games was for nations of TNP to send their best athletes to compete in an international tournament. He envisioned it as a peaceful way to bring Strangereal together versus creating a world-spanning conflict. As of Jan. 21st, there are 28 nations competing in the Olympics. Participants include those of whom are RMB regulars, TNP government officials, and even nations from foreign regions.

This year, the Olympics will feature all of the real winter Olympic sports. From skiing to snowboarding, nations will compete in 15 sporting events, over a span of two weeks.

Toshavo's own nation will be the stage of the Olympics. From the Opening to the Closing Ceremonies, from the snow-covered mountains to the city, the capital city of Toshavo, Franshov will host the games.

The Opening Ceremony will be held on Feb. 9th. And the Closing Ceremony will be held on Feb. 25th. We hope to have 35 nations (or more) competing. An ambitious goal was to have this become one of the biggest sporting events in TNP's history.

He even made a website for it here.

He hopes to make this a biannual event; eventually becoming part of TNP tradition.

I am Yukkira, and this is the TNP RMB RP Reel.

Image Monthly Memoirs for January
by Kaschovia, Minister of Communications

This month I decided to ask questions in relation to the new year.

Questions

1. What was your favourite NS moment of 2017?
  2. What are your new years NS resolutions?
  3. What are you most looking forward to this year?
  4. How do you feel about the January General Election?
  5. Where do you want to see yourself in NationStates and our community one year from now?

Answers
Deropia, Minister
Q1. For me it was moving to TNP and joining WA Affairs.

Q2. I only have one, and that is to become more active on the WA forums and be more involved in helping draft resolutions over the coming year.

Q3. Honestly I'm looking forward to seeing what comes through the World Assembly in the coming months, from what I've seen on the gameside forum, it's going to be an interesting year!

Q4. Absolutely fantastic! Gladio II was my candidate of choice, his long history of service and dedication to TNP made it easy to back him. As for the other government officials, I think that the voters made the right choices. Siwale, Goy and Darc have done an excellent job in their respective offices since they were elected and definitely earned another term in office.

Q5. One year from now? I'm not really too sure aha, wherever it is, as long as I'm doing what I can to be of service to the community, I'll be satisfied.

Malphe
, Minister
Q1. Passing my NPA Officer test a few months ago, certainly. I'd already failed one test and I was stupidly nervous about it all, so successfully leading my first operation and becoming an officer on the spot was pretty euphoric; I'd been a Sergeant for so long because I was too nervous to lead an operation and breaking through that glass ceiling felt fantastic, and doubtless facilitated my eventual appointment as MoD by Gladio II.

Q2. They're twofold; doing the best job I can in TNP in whatever role I have and properly balancing out RL and NS. Don't underestimate the importance of the latter.

Q3. My term as MoD; it's a whole new world to me and I'm excited to see what I can do in this term. It's proven far easier than I had imagined, though that's probably a bit of an overstatement considering that the NPA is grounded right now so we're not organizing any operations yet, doubtless I'll have more on my hands before very long.

Q4. Seeing Gladio II running was both wonderful and unusual, and every office had one or more exemplary candidates running for it. That, as well as the high turnout rate, made this my favourite election to date. I've missed one or two already, being involved in this one has convinced me to not miss any more.

Q5. Hopefully doing my best in TNP and not banned.
Lozinak, Deputy Minister
Q1. Joining the NPA was probably my favorite moment of the year. That served as the launching point for me becoming more involved in TNP as a whole.

Q2. My resolution is to continue is to aid the MoD however I can, and ensure the NPA is just as active in 2018.

Q3. I'm most looking forward to hopefully getting in to RP as I should have more time to write this semester.

Q4. I was happy to see Gladio II run, as he has been something a mentor for me since I first joined the TNP. Despite all the drama we also had record turn out and some close, exciting races. I think that really speaks to how dedicated the TNP community is.

Q5. Hopefully still working in the NPA and Executive staff.
Konar, Citizen
Q1. It would have to be N-Day, and Josephtan acheiving martyrdom.

Q2. To be more active in the departments of TNP that I am part of, and perhaps to join more.

Q3. N-Day, Z-Day, and more joint operations with other militaries.

Q4. It was exciting to see the candidates be neck in neck; however, Lord Ravenclaw's pull-out of NS put a damper on it, as well as the contention of a defaced ballot which, I felt, was not settled amicably.

Q5. Hopefully, I'll be able to have become a General at that point. Being able to contribute meaningfully to the departments I am in and may join is also a hope of mine.
Novare Res, Security Council
Q1. I can't say. I was hiding. In hibernation. Lurking, that is. Which is what I should have done for the most part since game started.

Q2. be nice to people - even the ones who are not so nice to me. Eat more cheese. The good stuff.

Q3. Getting back into being more involved.

Q4. Well, I didn't get to vote because the server that hosts the forum kept kicking my connection (a glitch involving FireFox browser which wasn't easy to fix at my end). I would have voted for McMasterdonia who lost by one vote. Never say one's vote doesn't count.

Q5. Sitting back and watching how the latest generation handles things.
Hesskin Empire, Citizen
Q1. Illuminati Raid

Q2. Finally get RP done!

Q3. RP!

Q4. It was fun, a good race as well!

Q5. Hopefully an active RP member and possibly in the politics somewhere somehow!
Zazumo, Citizen
Q1. Finally completing 100 NPA operations. I put in a lot of hours to get that ribbon.

Q2. To lead more NPA ops. Stepping in for Loz a couple times helped my confidence to lead.

Q3. Gladio II's term as delegate and Malphe's term as MoD. Best of luck to both of them and the entire executive staff!

Q4. Could not be more excited. After working with Gladio II during countless missions it's great to see him in the delegate seat!

Q5. Continuing my work with the NPA. Hopefully a Major if I play my cards right.
Nordpazifik, Citizen
Q1. Oof. That's a hard one. There's been a lot of fun things - Government work, RP, R/D - but in the end, I'll have to go with the two issues I wrote being published.

Q2. Get more involved, but at the same time balancing RL and NS better.

Q3. Who knows?

Q4. I didn't vote in it, but I'm excited to see what the new administration will bring.

Q5. It would be really nice if I was like instantly recognizable in the GCR community (if not the wider NS community), but in a year? Only time will tell.
Kaschovia, Minister
Q1. Being the best MoFA this region has ever seen (sarcasm)...

Q2. Have more fun doing things on NationStates.

Q3. Running for Delegate in September (sarcasm again.)

Q4. Content as one can be about an election.

Q5. As Delegate (even more bad sarcasm!)
Siwale, Vice Delegate
Q1. Joining TNP's regional forum, of course! Little did I know at the time just how involved I would soon get in the regional government.

Q2. I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, mainly because they hardly ever stick. I prefer to make changes as the need for them arises throughout the year.

Q3. Seeing what Gladio II will accomplish this term as our newly elected Delegate!

Q4. No complaints. I am certain that all of the elected officials will perform flawlessly this term.

Q5. Still as involved in TNP as I am now!
Xagill, Minister
Q1. Being a minister of communications!

Q2. Being Vice Delegate.

Q3. The changes that will come.

Q4. Content, it was a fun and close race.

Q5. Just trying to continue to be active.

Image NPA Bulletin for January 2018

by Lozinak (with contributions from McMasterdonia and Malphe), Deputy Minister of Defence

*Ministerial Rodent Noises*

The New Year saw several records and changes for TNP and the North Pacific Army (NPA). Perhaps the greatest achievement of the NPA in the last term was the detagging of over 200 regions, a record for the NPA in a single term. During this final push into the new year, Captain Zazumo was also able to achieve his 100 mission completion ribbon. Following these accomplishments, Gladio II, the six-term Minister of Defence won the election to become Delegate of the North Pacific.

Captain Malphe, a long time member of the NPA and avid rodent was chosen for the honour of succeeding Gladio II as Minister of Defence. Malphe accepted this enormous responsibility and assumed the duties of the Minister of Defence and General of the North Pacific Army. General Malphe is a veteran of over 50 campaigns, stretching from the raid upon The Holy Historian Confederation to the most recent defence of the region of Christmas. The opening address of the New Minister of Defense is available here.

The first major mission for the NPA of the new year is the Defense of The North Pacific while in a state of Delegacy transition. During this time the NPA is recalled to TNP in order to add endorsements to the delegate elect.

In order to keep their skills sharp the NPA has taken part in detagging operations during the transition with the permission of the new delegate. As a capstone for the month, the NPA conducted a tag-raid of Warzone Australia. A summary of NPA operations for the month of January and the soldiers involved is available below:

DateUpdateTypeRegion(s)Participating Soldiers
20/01/2018MajorDetagBuckeye Boyzzz
The Protectorate and The Starry Skies
Quietdad
BMWSurfer
BluieGamer
Zazumo
20/01/2018MinorDetagThe New World of Name
left 4 dead 3
IDIOTS
New Pakistani Empire
team mediocrity
The CeruleoAguarian Commonwealth
Unitys Alliance
Malphe
Lozinak
Zazumo
21/01/2018MinorRaidWarzone AfricaMalphe
Lozinak
Zazumo
Quietdad
Lotion
BluieGamer
Scottie
30/01/2018MajorDetagVenetian Trade Routes
Alliance of Northern Somewhere
International Roleplay Region
Club of Philledelphia Eagles
Gentibus Unitatis
Kiklandia
Nationstates Sesquipedalian Countries
Alliance of Nuclear Police States
Nationstates Vexillogical Society
Final Fantasy
Troperia
Batasun Union
Union of Autistic States
War Filled Islands
The Isles of El Nar
The Lumpy Sith Lords
Melivorica
Democratium
Lozinak
QuietDad
Darcania
Zazumo
Bluiegamer
BMWSurfer
Deropia
Hardonius
New Atos

Thank you to all members of the North Pacific Army involved in the above operations. Hail The North Pacific! Hail the NPA!

Publisher: Gladio II :: Executive Editor: Kaschovia :: Managing Editors: McMasterdonia ::

With Contributions From: McMasterdonia, Darcania, Sundred, Gladio II, Malphe, and Siwale.

Index of issues
Last edited by Kaschovia on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaschovia
Issues Editor

Anarchy

The Northern Lights - Issue XX, February 28th

Postby Kaschovia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Image Tumbleweed In The Regional Assembly
by Brendog, Minister of Home Affairs

Over January the Regional Assembly has barely seen any activity, something we haven’t seen in a while. Whilst we have seen a decline in activity over the past few month, it has never been this low.

As still is the case, due to multiple requests for reviews on a now outdated proposal of a Motion to Declare an Emergency Situation the counting of the bill will not happen till all request for reviews is completed.

In relation to the above proposal, the Regional Assembly attempted a recall of THO’s (Temporary Hearing Officers) of the latest Request for Review in relation the above bill. This was very controversial as it had 14 ayes, 18 nays and 9 abstentions. Later in the month, we saw one of the THO’s cease to exist.

In conclusion, we have seen barely any activity in the Regional Assembly and we are still waiting on the outcome of the Request of Reviews.

Image World Assembly Affairs Digest January 2018
by Deropia, Minister of World Assembly Affairs

Minister: Deropia
Deputy Minister: Kranostav
Deputy Minister: Veniyerris

From the Minister's desk:

Hello everyone! February seems to have flown by and here we are again with another issue of the World Assembly Affairs Digest. I'd like to start off by congratulating the ministries very own Kranostav on passing their first World Assembly resolution, Repeal “Promoting Sustainable Timber”!

I'd also like to announce the implementation of the World Assembly Sponsorship Program. Successful applicants can have the cost of their Delegate Approval and Delegate Vote campaigns covered by the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs!

Now, let's take a look at what reached the voting floor over the past month, shall we?

General Assembly

Improving the world, one resolution at a time.
Proposal: The Cloning Conventions
Delegates Vote: Against
Forum Vote: For: 0 Against: 9 Abstain: 0
Final Vote (TNP): For: 108 Against: 538 Percentage of WA nations voting: 41.41%
Final Vote (World): For: 4,091 Against: 14,442

Recommendation: The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, having reviewed the proposal, has found that while it is undoubtedly well intended, has several serious flaws. Chiefly among these being that The Cloning Conventions would seem to outlaw cloning when used during IVF, as well as the cloning of embryos. Secondly, this resolution suffers from poor definitions and unclear language in some of its clauses. Finally, in its closing clause it again, using unclear language that leaves far too much room for interpretation, either strips the World Assembly Science Programme from any oversight over cloning or creates a bureaucratic competition between the Word Assembly Science Programme and the Biomedical Innovation Organization.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against the resolution.

Proposal: Promoting Sustainable Timber
Forum Vote: For: 6 Against: 3 Abstain: 0
Final Vote (TNP): For: 257 Against: 340 Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.49%
Final Vote (World): For: 11,707 Against: 6,787

Despite its laudable efforts and purpose to uphold the quality of timber production in order to provide a sustainable future for timber production, this proposal possesses two main flaws. The first being that the resolution bans import of 'timber products' which can greatly harm locations where timber product producing nations are using non-sustainable methods. This lack of ability to export timber would prove detrimental to the timber industries of non-WA member nation which would force them to potentially use cheaper and less sustainable methods than already used. Furthermore this proposal would greatly hurt trade relations between WA and non WA nations who consume or produce not only timber but any product that uses timber. The ministry believes that despite the potential positives provided by this proposal, it will ultimately harm the sustainability of timber rather than protect it.

For the reasons stated above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against this proposal..

Proposal: Repeal: Promoting Sustainable Timber
Forum Vote: For: 10 Against: 2 Abstain: 2
Final Vote (TNP): For: 509 Against: 104 Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.30%
Final Vote (World): For: 12,245 Against: 6,418

Recommendation: General Assembly Resolution #422 Promoting Sustainable Timber, while well meaning in its goal of attempting to ensure timber used in WA member nations is produced in an environmentally sustainable manner, is inherently flawed and places the economies of WA members at serious risk. Given that GAR#422 also seriously harms international trade in the timber industry, in some cases forcing WA members to import timber at a drastically increased cost. The Ministry would also like to note, that due to the loss of some of their clientele due to the restrictions imposed by GAR#422, timber operations may be forced to take further cost-cutting methods of production, which in turn could cause Promoting Sustainable Timber to cause more environmental damage than it currently prevents.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote for the resolution

Security Council

Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Proposal: Liberate Westphalia
Forum Vote: For: 1 Against: 11 Abstain: 2
Final Vote (TNP): For: 71 Against: 504 Percentage of WA nations voting: 37.16%
Final Vote (World): For: 5,899 Against: 11,860

Recommendation: Westphalia is a major and very old defender region who, among other things, founded FORGE – one of the biggest defender alliances in NationStates. However, they have broken our recruitment policy in the past by trying to recruit nations from The North Pacific. Furthermore, the Ministry would note that a password has not been imposed on the region, and appears unlikely to be imposed in the future as the influence levels of the natives in the region have considerable regional influence making a refound extremely difficult. Thus, making this liberation unnecessary.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended a vote against the resolution.

Proposal: Condemn Wrapper
Forum Vote: For: 9 Against: 2 Abstain: 3
Final Vote (TNP): For: 541 Against: 53 Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.34%
Final Vote (World): For: 13,814 Against: 4,037

Recommendation: After spending one too many nights at the Strangers Bar, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, nursing a collective hangover and saddened by the resignation of a number of its staff after one of the impromptu karaoke nights organized by Wrappian Deputy Ambassador Wad Ahume Orliss-Dorckes, has somehow managed to analyze this Security Council resolution while it was at vote. The Ministry has found it accurately documents the heinous actions perpetrated by the Wrappian delegation and delegations from their protectorates during their tenure in the General Assembly. These actions include, but are not limited to, actions that would violate World Assembly law and result in the arrest of one of the august bodies most esteemed ambassadors, firebombing the offices of other delegations, and misappropriating funds meant for disaster relief efforts. The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs believes that these actions are most unbecoming of any delegation to the World Assembly and should be condemned with all due haste.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommended (after conducting it's annual fire drill and checking all of the fire extinguishers) voting for the resolution.

Image The Revival of the Lennart Awards
by Yukkira, Minister of Culture

The Lennart Awards; the internet equivalent to your dead-again born-again cousin's wedding to her purity ring. The Lennart Awards is a storied tradition inspired by the legendary TNPer and possible former Minister of Culture, Lennart, which was started a few years ago, was stopped, and then brought back again by the former Minister of Culture, McMasterdonia. Under his leadership, the Lennarts were restarted towards the end of Palliath's delegacy and have been popular ever since.

The Lennart Awards is essentially the North Pacific's version of the Academy Awards, the Oscars, or a possibly more biased version of IMDB's rotten tomatoes. Categories range from Most Popular TNPer of the Year to a category that I didn't think would become a thing, being voted as "RMBae" of the Year. How it happens is I make up a nomination thread like this one, wait debatably three days (depending on if I'm busy), post a couple TNP polls, and then award a Lennart Award that looks like the one in that nomination thread to the TNPer that our beloved residents have voted for. It has both been a wonderful thing indeed, and somewhat hard to keep up with all at the same time.

In my opinion, I think the Lennarts is a wonderful initiative. It involves everyone from the forums and from the gameside community. I think with a bit more polish, the Lennarts can and will not be forgotten again (I'm allowed to be optimistic; leave me alone). What I'm most proud of is the fact that we've had a slew of winners so far. Winners ranged from Aerilia, an RMB RPer who roleplay's as a sentient blanket of moss to Lord Ravenclaw, TNP's friendly neighborhood birb. I think one way the Lennart Awards can be improved is its execution. This is due, in part, to the fact that the Ministry of Culture turned over the new term on a rough patch due to internal circumstances. The Lennart Awards were not paid enough attention to and were neglected because I, as the Deputy Minister in charge of them, wasn't adequately aware of the status of them nor did I think I needed to pay much attention.

All in all, the Lennart Awards is on track to finish sometime in March. I think that, with time, the Lennart Awards will continue to be improved to the point where the categories will better reflect the best that TNP has to offer. This, in turn, would allow the Ministry of Culture to do its job better, by better identifying and shining the spotlight on those who make TNP a region to be lauded about and beloved by not just its residents, but its friends abroad.

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Please feel free to telegram me gameside. Or, more than likely, I inhabit your Discord server and you can most definitely DM me through there. Thank you for reading about one of the many facets of the North Pacific's culture!

Image The Spotlight #10: Interview with MoD Malphe
by Kaschovia and Malphe, Communications and Defence

Kasch: Malphe, welcome to the tenth edition of the Spotlight, it is great to have you here and to ask you some questions!

Malphe: It's great to be here! I was looking forward to this interview for some time.

Kasch: As was I, it is such a privilege to interview you as Gladio's successor. Do you feel any pressure to follow in his footsteps? Or to be as successful?

Malphe: To some extent certainly, but I was much more dreading it when he first proposed it back in December. I hadn't at all considered that I'd be MoD at any point, until quite recently I wasn't even an officer and I had no plans to become one, so it was very overwhelming at first. I'll concede that it did cause me some stress. However, I had about a month to prepare myself, and in that time I lead many more operations than I had prior, with quite good results. Now I'm not so pressured to be as successful as Gladio, the last thing I want to do is beat myself up over supposed shortfalls. Rather, I want to go my own way, and take examples from Gladio's term and implement my own ideas. I want to have some fun with the role, as opposed to hating myself for doing something differently to Gladio.

Kasch: It's promising to know you're taking the role in your own style! I respect that. So, let's go back to your roots. Why did you join Defense in the first place?

Malphe: I'd always had a fascination with military gameplay, even when I hadn't a clue how to do it, so once I joined TNP there wasn't much question about it; I applied the day after I joined the forums. I just liked the idea of it, I doubt I really understood what I was signing up for, but once I had become involved with the NPA's community I never left.

Kasch: What is your stance on raiding and defending? Do you align yourself with the independent policy that our region adheres to, or do you have a preference for either raiding or defending, and why?

Malphe: Honestly, I don't care about the raider and defender feud. I can see where it came from, I can see why people subscribe to either side and how they can have such strong opinions on the matter and if I hadn't joined the NPA I'd probably be a raider by now, but I sooner have a regional military act in the best interests of the region and its allies. In that way, I suppose I'm closest to an independent.

Kasch: What is your greatest NPA ccomplishment, and why?

Malphe: I'd say passing my officer test last year. It was proposed to me about eight months before I actually did it because I was so nervous, and I actually failed the test on my first try which didn't help. It was really easy in hindsight, but managing to conquer my insecurities and just passing the test was just about the hardest thing I've done in the NPA and I'd still name it my greatest accomplishment. Here's to hoping that it won't be by the end of this term.

Kasch: I have to say I was very nervous when I did mine too! What are your core principles regarding Defense? In other words, what's most important to you about Defense?

Malphe: Fundamentally the NPA exists to defend and serve TNP and it's allies but that can only happen for as long as the NPA is both active and capable, which I hold as my core principles. If the NPA isn't active and if it's members aren't competent then we can't do anything really, we'd become a non-entity, so maintaining those aspects is very important to me, and to that end, I donate no small amount of my time.

Kasch: How do you believe your role as Minister of Defense will benefit the ministry as a whole this term? What unique benefits does your leadership bring to the table?

Malphe: A breath of fresh air, I'd say. It's good for a switch in leadership ever so often, provided that the newcomer is competent so that they can implement new ideas and run the NPA in their own way. A change of pace. Beyond that, I'm still exploring the position so it's hard for me to judge how good I am in the role.

Kasch: That's understandable. Now, veering slightly away from the NPA, what are your opinions on Gladio's other cabinet appointments?

Malphe: On the whole, I was very pleased with them. Ghost was a fantastic choice for MoFA and I feel that he's a very inspired diplomat, I certainly enjoyed his lecture on Optimistic Diplomacy. Brendog is shaping up as an effective MoHA and has been doing a good job from what I've seen in the ministry; Kasch is very hardworking and I think will do- and is doing- a very good job in Communications (not biased, I swear). Deropia, from whatever I've seen of the MoWAA, looks to have been a good choice and is well fulfilling his duties. Artemis has been getting on with the Lennarts recently and looks to be an active Minister of Culture and MiniCult of all the ministries needs somebody like that at the helm the most. Put simply, I'm very pleased with Gladio's cabinet and I think it'll keep the region running smoothly for this term.

Kasch: If you were Delegate, what would your cabinet be, just out of curiosity?

Malphe: That's a very difficult question, I'm new to government and not wholly familiar with all sectors of it. For Defense, of which I have the most expertise, Lozinak; he's the only Deputy MoD we've had in some time and has shown to be eager in organizing and leading operations, handling NPA applications and even the paperwork (google docs, not very riveting). I'd reckon that he's future MoD material. For Culture, Mcmasterdonia; it's difficult to not notice McM going about their business, and they've consistently shown ambition and imagination in organizing events, of which culture is largely, if not primarily, focused. In Communications, Kasch, for their work ethic and efficiency of operation, which has kept the Northern Lights afloat. In Foreign Affairs I'm inclined to say Ghost; very purposeful, and their writing is second to none. As per Home Affairs and World Assembly Affairs, I can't say I know and I'm not going to make up an opinion on the spot, so I'll have to pass on those.

Kasch: As I asked Gladio this, I'll ask you... Who is your NS idol/inspiration?

Malphe: Perhaps unsurprisingly, Gladio. Most of my time in NS has been almost exclusively in the NPA, and throughout much of that time, Gladio has been my mentor. I've practically berated him with questions when preparing for my officer test and for my term as MoD, and he's always been helpful in answering my concerns. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Gladio's patience, and I still frequently ask him questions. He has always been a very capable MoD, maintaining activity virtually on his own and organizing more operations than I could count in his six terms as MoD.

Kasch: What legacy would you like to leave behind when your time on NS is over? How do you want to be remembered?

Malphe: I honestly don't much care about my legacy, I'm on NS because I enjoy the community aspect and the opportunities it offers, not to leave a big impact. I'm quite fine with going about my business quietly and leaving NS in the same manner when I've decided that my time is up. If I had to be remembered, though, I'd most like to be remembered as competent and helpful.

Kasch: What is something about you player-related that nobody knows?

Malphe: What do you mean by player-related?

Kasch: Let me rephrase. What is something that you have done within NationStates that not many people know about? Or do you believe there is nothing other players do not know?

Malphe: There'll be some things but I can't think of any from the top of my head, and if I've done something and I haven't told anybody about it there's probably a reason I've kept it to myself.

Kasch: Interesting! What is your least favourite thing about the North Pacific? And your most favourite?

Malphe: For my least favourite thing, I'd say the OOC drama. It appears in all of NS and TNP isn't exempted, every now and again it comes around and I despise it with every fibre. I've seen plenty of it elsewhere and I know how it turns people off NS, I don't like it here or there. My favourite thing about TNP is the community spirit of the region, which needs little explaining.

Kasch: What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

Malphe: Don't take NS too seriously, certainly. You'll hear this everywhere, but not enough people really adhere to it. Don't stress yourself out much about NS, if you're losing sleep over whatever's happening in Nationstates you're doing it wrong and you should either ease up or take a break for a while. NS doesn't compromise RL, RL compromises NS always. This applies to a lot outside NS too, it's a good rule to stick to. Mind you, I'm not the best at following that advice myself.

Kasch: If every other nation were to CTE tomorrow morning, and you could only keep six nations alive, who would they be?

Malphe: That's too loaded for me to confidently answer, so I'll pass.

Kasch: Fair. If you could sum yourself up in one sentence, what would that sentence be?

Malphe: Reasonably competant, hopefully getting better.

Kasch: I think that is all we have time for! Thank you for joining me Malphe, it has been a pleasure!

Malphe: Been a pleasure.

Image RMB RP Reel #3: Terrible Times In Toshavo
by Illusia, Citizen

February's coming to a close, and it seems not shortly, things are going down really hard in the RMB Olympics, you won't believe it yourself! TNP Winter Olympics, which was started by Toshavo several weeks ago, has been cancelled due to several arising issues that sparked the discovery of the virus known as GIV, or Global Immunodeficiency Virus.

On the 20th of February, the International Olympics Group based in Lahos, the capital of the Akhara Islands, postponed the Winter Olympics due to deaths of some Olympic athletes and cases of some being relatively weak. An international organization, named World Health Association, based in Toshavo, determined that the cause of their deaths was a mysterious flu.

Days later, the WHA, with assistance from Paxiosolange's research centers, and to add the fact most of the athletes that died were from them, named the virus Global Immunodeficiency Virus, in layman's terms would be the failure of the immune system, rendering the body defenseless from certain pathogens and disease. The WHA has designated the virus GIV-1.

Like a wildfire in a dry climate, the flu spread rapidly, effectively blanketing all of the Fusean continent, infecting a large number of nations. Estimates from WHA shown at least 700,000 and more are infected and increased to at least 3.4 million.

Despite this, however, collaboration efforts between WHA, other nations and those who are uninfected have been sprouting around to combat the disease and prevent a global epidemic.

The Toshavoan government also issued a martial law, amidst the epidemic. WHA officials and the Toshavoan Armed Forces rolled around their city streets to contain the infected.

Thanks for reading! I'm Illusia, a new writer for the RMB RP Reel. Hopefully, you appreciated the reel, and here's hoping I can do many much more articles for TNL. Once again, this is Illusia, for the TNP RMB RP Reel!

References used:
  1. TBN News (February 20, 2018). Issue No. 9914.
  2. TBN News (February 20, 2018). Issue No. 8190.
  3. World Health Association (February 21, 2018). Report No. 218.
  4. TBN News (February 23, 2018). Issue No. 7710.
  5. TBN News (February 25, 2018). Issue No. 10280.

Image NPA Bulletin for February 2018
by Lozinak, Deputy Minister of Defence

Minister of Defense: Malphe
Deputy Minister: Lozinak
General(s):QuietDad

Following the transitional month of January, the NPA wasted no time returning to training. The NPA started off the month strong with an operation on February 1st, resulting in seven detags. When the Updaters returned, an Auxiliary found them and cried "The Beacons of TSP are lit! Erinor calls for aid." Malphe, still awash in the glow of battle replied: "And the NPA will answer." Thus the NPA departed once again to aid TSP in their transition of power. The operation in the South Pacific was a success but proved to be too calm. The returning soldiers were eager for combat, and the Officer Corps was keen to give it to them. In the seven day period between the 11th and the 18th, the NPA detagged 53 regions. The soldiers were weary after their glorious accomplishments and desired a rest from battle. The NPA decided to go on a vacation to the region of Yorkshire with Europeia. The two relaxing armies were soon joined in glad friendship by the West Pacific, Balder, The Land of Kings and Emperors, and the United Kingdom. Rested from their stay in Yorkshire, the NPA returned to duty. On the 25th the NPA, with our ally the Royal Albion Legion raided the Fascist League of Dictators. The NPA, however, was not satisfied to put only one fascist region in its place. On the very same day, the NPA deployed to the Backbone of Fascism, at the request of the East Pacific, in order to reinforce hold they, and the NPO had established in preparation for a refounding.

Lozinak was promoted to Captain on 12/02/2018.
Lotion was promoted to Corporal on 17/02/2018.
Deropia was promoted to Sergeant on 24/02/2018.
Dinoium & Vyamaz were promoted to Private First Class on 24/02/2018.

DateUpdateTypeRegion(s)Participating Soldiers
01/02/2018MinorDetagUCCN
Herin archipelago
Southfield
New United Nations of the Gator Empire
Asta fan Club
Land of the OG
aoeria
Minister Malphe-Lead
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. Quietdad
CPT. Zazumo
PFC. Lotion
03/02/2018N/ADelegacy TransitionThe South PacificMinister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. Quietdad
MAJ. Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
LTN. BluieGamer
LTN. BMWSurfer
SGT. Aber639
SGT. Cimmerien
CPL. Deropia
PFC. Michael Power
PFC. Arstotzka1
PFC. Almacs
PFC. Hardonius
PFC. Dinonium
11/02/2018MinorDetagHardin
Hoffman Heffner Principality
Kids Alliance
World Setting
The Commonwealth of Liberated States
The Planet of Erresia
Minister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak-Lead
CPT. Zazumo
PFC. Lotion
13/02/2018MinorDetagUnited Cluster of Europian States
Islands of Sicherheit
New United Nations of the Gator Empire
The Isles of El Nar
The Lower South
Union of Doomed States
Minister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
CPT. Zazumo-Lead
LTN. Bluiegamer
14/02/2018MajorDetagace space
the last ones standing
lemonelly
the pacific conglomorate
the lumpy sith lords of rock
horus and ra
unitys alliance
east scandanavian peninsula
adenia
17 D nations
akachan
3ss3ntial
Alliance of Left countries
Deputy Minister Lozinak-Lead
GEN. QuietDad
MAJ. Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
LTN. BMWSurfer-Lead
SGT. Aber638
16/02/2018MinorDetagIfunny political region
United National Socialist Nations
YEDI
The Sanguine
The Islamic Confederation
A Bigger Better Fork Union
The Republics Of Southern Africa
Southern Africa
Minister Malphe-Lead
GEN. QuietDad
MAJ. Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
SGT. Aber639
17/02/2018MinorDetagGolmaal
The Bone Zone
United Nation States of Conservatives
The Boy Band
SEARAF
Demanare
Minister Malphe
GEN. QuietDad
CPT. Zazumo-Lead
CPL. Lotion
18/02/2018MinorDetagN0vum
Antarctic Alliance
That Broken Wanasnaswa RP
Jebtopia
The Diplomatic League
Power
The Conglomerate of Royal Ashholes
Deathdrift Watch
North Sea Collective
Tierra
Drekuki
Sili
The United Alliance of Republic Alliance
Smiley Region
Minister Malphe-Lead
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
CPT. Zazumo-Lead
CPL. Lotion
20/02/2018MinorRaid & HoldYorkshireMinister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
MAJ. Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
LTN. BluieGamer
LTN. BMWSurfer
SGT. Aber639
SGT. Deropia
SGT. Cimmerien
CPL. Lotion
CPL. Sergio86
PFC. Vayamaz
PFC. Dinoium
PFC. Almacs
25/02/2018MinorRaidLeague of DictatorsMinister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
CPT. Zazumo
SGT. Aber639
CPL. Lotion
25/02/2018N/AHold and RefoundThe Backbone of FascismMinister Malphe
Deputy Minister Lozinak
GEN. QuietDad
MAJ.Darcania
CPT. Zazumo
LTN. BMWSurfer
SGT. Aber639
SGT. Deropia
CPL. Lotion
PFC. Dinoium
PFC. Vyamaz

Image The NBS Ends February In Success!
by Kasch, Minister of Communications

The Northern Broadcasting Service recently recorded their ninth broadcast, in which they discussed the success of each of the ministries so far, their thoughts on the revival and the current winners of the Lennart Awards, the effectiveness of the Vice Delegate and the Speaker in processing citizenship applications and how that makes TNP very unique in retaining new members, the idea of political parties in TNP, and finally, the upcoming Justice elections!

In accordance with our policy to provide anyone with a voice within TNP the opportunity to speak on topics that are important to the community and to themselves, the NBS plans to recruit over March and April to increase the number of NBS members.

Publisher: Gladio II :: Executive Editor: Kaschovia :: Managing Editors: McMasterdonia ::

Index of issues

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Very interesting issue!
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Kaschovia
Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Kaschovia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:15 am

Vulturret wrote:Very interesting issue!

Thanks!

Arcellia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcellia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:19 am

EPSA thanks NPA for their assistance in the demolition of such a target. Thank you kindly, Gladio and Malphe. :hug:
A puppet of Xoriet Meow Montresor-Isaraider
My children: Ramaeus Montresor, Sylvia Montresor, Souls Isaraider, Greyghost Montresor-Isaraider, Roavin Montresor.
Grandmother of: Yuno Montresor Yura, Syberis, and Stratarin.
Sibling of: Tim, Escade, Nakari Meow Montresor, and Rach Montresor.
Married to: Severisen Isaraider-Montresor

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016

Postby Malphe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:13 am

Arcellia wrote:EPSA thanks NPA for their assistance in the demolition of such a target. Thank you kindly, Gladio and Malphe. :hug:

Happy to help!
Malphe Vytherov

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:16 pm

<3 Arcellia

Also love the Lennart Awards idea (RMBae of the Year is so cute)!

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:54 am

Thank you for your help against the Fascists. o/
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016

Postby Malphe » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:48 am

Pergamon wrote:Thank you for your help against the Fascists. o/

Can't ever turn down the opportunity to bash the fash. o7
Malphe Vytherov

Pallaith
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pallaith » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Magicality City, March 26, 2018

Statement on The East Pacific

The North Pacific values our alliance with The East Pacific. It is one of our oldest and most cherished relationships. We made a commitment to respect and help protect the sovereignty of its government and its citizens. We remain committed to this effort. And that is why we must condemn in the strongest terms the recent decision and actions of The East Pacific’s Delegate and participating officers. The North Pacific has always been and will always continue to be a stalwart proponent and defender of democracy and a GCR’s right to self determination through due process. This is especially important when the region’s government has openly threatened the rights of its citizens and tramples on its own laws and customs.

The North Pacific will robustly uphold its treaty commitments and will not recognize the illegitimate regime that is entrenching its power through extra-legal methods. We also denounce the claims that regime has made toward the supposed ends of sovereignty and protecting regional security. These claims are in direct opposition to the regime’s ongoing efforts to suppress their citizenry with the support of foreign militants.

We call upon the other friends and allies of The East Pacific to honor their commitment and relationship to The East Pacific we have always known. The East Pacific's citizens do not seek the authoritarians who rule with a smile and an iron fist. The statement from the Conclave indicates that this authoritarian regime derives no legitimacy from the constitutional and legal government. We call upon the world to stand by the true patriots of The East Pacific and in opposition to the Yuno regime.

Hail the Sovereign East!

Pallaith
Minister of Foreign Affairs
The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith

Former capital district of the nation Ghostopolis
Represented by Ambassador Malcolm Specter on the international stage

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:45 pm

Wonderful announcement from the North Pacific. Thank you for taking a stand for sovereignty and democracy.
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:13 am

I believe TEP has a forum ad that describes this best:

Soon you will come to see things our way. :p
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:47 am

Which "legitimate regime" does The North Pacific intend to support, then? All who are true natives of The East Pacific support this bold move to cast out the Userite Gangsters, with no opposition present.

The Eastern Loligarch Order is as legitimate as they come.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:39 am

It saddens me to see that the North Pacific rejects a dictatorship of the Feederites. Rejecting the rule of GCR puritists only can benefit Userite Forces in GCRs. I would have hoped TNP would value "GCR for GCR" more than differences regarding the political system.
Last edited by Pergamon on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay