NATION

PASSWORD

What is raiding and defending?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Reseda Island » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:44 am

well its not defending anymore on "defenders" parts after a certain amount of time its not defending when an operation has been accepted by the region, I dont care if I dont have proof, its a fact you'd think defenders would be happy that a region will get a new founder and its one less region they have to worry about, but thats assuming this isnt about there ego trips
"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it." -RFK June 5th 1968

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:56 am

Defenders don't defend regions which explicitly tell them they're not interested in being defended. Its happened before, and we just leave those regions alone. Also, if founderless regions want to re-found, we often offer to help them - I re-founded Gay and Soviet Union (plus a few others) in order to help them out, so that they wouldn't have to worry about being invaded. I find that most regions are happier to have defenders help them re-found rather than invaders, as they know they can trust defenders to not want to take over their region.

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20421

Postby Strykla » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:03 am

Raiding is a group of commandos who sneak into a enemy base to blow stuff up, and defending is some guys stopping a attack.
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Defenders don't defend regions which explicitly tell them they're not interested in being defended. Its happened before, and we just leave those regions alone. Also, if founderless regions want to re-found, we often offer to help them - I re-founded Gay and Soviet Union (plus a few others) in order to help them out, so that they wouldn't have to worry about being invaded. I find that most regions are happier to have defenders help them re-found rather than invaders, as they know they can trust defenders to not want to take over their region.

yes but I talked to one of the natives in the region im in and he agreed to the plan, the other natives haven't responded yet- so defender should kindly stay out of it
"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it." -RFK June 5th 1968

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Get that native to contact us, and we might believe you. If you truly want to re-found the region, with a native installed as the new founder, then we'd have no problem with helping you out.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:16 pm

yeah, you defenders really aren't in charge I don't have to prove anything, the fact that a native endorsed me and if you look at his nation you'd know he's not new to the game, give it a week after its refounded this natives going to be delegate and in charge.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:31 pm

I see. So when given a chance to prove your intentions are honourable you back down, and dodge the issue? A native endorsing you means nothing. Many of them know nothing about invading, if he knew you intended to kick him out of his region, I don't imagine he'd be endorsing you. You say he'd be delegate... but who would be founder? Thats what really matters.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:37 pm

I dont keep telegrams except the setting change ones, and ahh I'm not going to kick him out, so unless your actually arrogant enough to call me a liar I'd stop that thought right now, I brought up founder he didn't care who, just as long as one we let him and the others come back and two he was not forced to join anything like a forum or an army, which I agreed too, I dont go back on stuff I agree too.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:17 pm

If you want to re-found, you'll have to kick him out. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm asking for you to clarify your position, and to show some actual proof that this native supports you. Aside from that, you also need an opinion off the other native, if you want to claim native support for your plans.

So aside from wanting proof of native support, my questions are this - why do you want to re-found this region, and if you insist on re-founding, why not just let one of the natives be founder?

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:53 pm

because only one native talks, and no I would not have to boot him, eventually when everything is ready to be refounded he'll leave and come back, and how is anyone going to prove good intentions when defenders just assume the worse rush in and cause more chaos, sorry where I am has calmed down, no one's complained if they cared they'd complain, if you read the fact book I have no intent to boot anyone, stop repeating yourself, stop insulting this person who endorsed me, which is exactly what your doing by saying "oh he doesn't know what he's doing" he knows.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:10 pm

I did read the factbook, but seeing as New Earth has a history of invading, I'm not entirely sure whether to believe you, especially as the WFE says: "One People, One Empire, One Leader". If you're there with good intentions, why even bother to change the WFE?

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:19 pm

i was asked to put the motto in~besides I don't think it matters what I say defenders don't generally listen. furthermore why would we endorse natives if we wanted to boot them out easily, were giving them influence that sort of would make purely destroying difficult, and why would I even be discussing this with you if I meant purely to destroy and brag, maybe its about time defenders learned to trust people.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm

I am listening to you, thats what this conversation is about :P As before, if you're truly there to help them, I can support you with that - I'd just like to hear from the natives that they're ok with it.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:36 pm

then feel free contact Nerv

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:57 pm

I have done :)

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 pm

well if you wish to speak with me feel free to Telegram me, my computer and I are going to a party.seeya all later 8) :D

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:28 am

Sedgistan wrote:especially as the WFE says: "One People, One Empire, One Leader". If you're there with good intentions, why even bother to change the WFE?

"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" ?
Hr'rmm, is 'NAZI EUROPE' involved in this operation?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

All Sta Gangstas
Civilian

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby All Sta Gangstas » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:07 am

who can i invade and how do u do it?

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:26 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:especially as the WFE says: "One People, One Empire, One Leader". If you're there with good intentions, why even bother to change the WFE?

no why?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:40 am

Reseda Island wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:

no why?

You mean that you didn't recognise the source of the motto that you posted in the WFE?!?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:33 am

I put what my founder told me to put in there, sorry for not being able to read a language not my own...

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:35 am

All Sta Gangstas wrote:who can i invade and how do u do it?

The second post on this thread, written by Goobergunchia contains a link about the subject.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:28 am

Reseda Island wrote:I put what my founder told me to put in there, sorry for not being able to read a language not my own...

Ahh, the Nuremburg defence seems strangely appropriate in this case ;)

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:44 pm

the point of the matter is in the Universe of the natives 1 hasn't even been on since we've been there, one you all seem to want to be delegate as in your last raid you were endorsing him for some reason, another died, came back and hasn't spoken, and the final has accepted this and agrees with it, so really with the only representative to the region speaking in the tactics favor, and helping it by endorsing me, the only thing defenders need to do is help or stay out of the way.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

What is raiding and defending?

Postby A mean old man » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:17 pm

totally off-topic much...?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay