NATION

PASSWORD

So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:31 am

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find the right regions for me, I'm looking for somewhere with:

- NO offsite forums
- Active roleplaying, in some form.
- WA members so we can actually write some proposals.

So far, I've not been able to find that.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find the right regions for me, I'm looking for somewhere with:

- NO offsite forums

RMBs are not a good way to record or, in turn, facilitate discussion. You are looking for a region with discussion, but no avenue to do this. No such region exists.

That said, you could join any region and do both RP and proposal stuff exclusively on the NS Forum.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

People United Together
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby People United Together » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:31 am

I cannot think of any regions that are able to hold effective RPs without using a forum. This forum may hold Roleplays instead of an offsite forum. If you're looking for a WA writing region, I suggest just using the NS forums here, because even regions that set out to be WA writers use these forums.

If you must have a region, I suggest my own, Atrigeas. It has a vivacious Roleplaying community offsite, and has set up it's democratic assembly to practice WA proposal writing. If any region will suit your needs, it is Atrigeas.
Put, an impertinent nobody.

Repeal SC#109

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 am

What is your concern with off-site forums?
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 19, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Yea your not gona find a good regional RPG without the use of an off sit forum.

It's like saying you wana go sailing, but don't wana use a boat.
No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low.
That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right.
That is I think it's not too bad.

Once upon a time... Or maybe twice there was an unearthly paradise called Hippy Haven.
See my paintings and various artwork here! :)

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Problem is that I am signed up to so many offsite forums nowadays that my email inbox is pretty much 99% moisturiser and Mystic Meg and 1% actual useful stuff. I really don't want to clunk my internet up anymore than it already is.

Furthermore, I don't feel a democratic assembly on WA proposal writing would help me - my ideas might get rejected.

And the last thing I want is a region where I have no prospect to make a name for myself.

If I have to use an offsite forum, can you point me to a region with a good quality one?
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:45 pm

I disagree with everyone saying there's no such thing as good regional RPs without an offsite forum. My own region doesn't use offsite forums for RPing, yet we've had more than a few role-plays and are in the middle of a trade conference at this moment.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Silician
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silician » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Problem is that I am signed up to so many offsite forums nowadays that my email inbox is pretty much 99% moisturiser and Mystic Meg and 1% actual useful stuff. I really don't want to clunk my internet up anymore than it already is.

Furthermore, I don't feel a democratic assembly on WA proposal writing would help me - my ideas might get rejected.

And the last thing I want is a region where I have no prospect to make a name for myself.

If I have to use an offsite forum, can you point me to a region with a good quality one?

You could join my region Idris. Although it has an offsite forum, you don't have to worry about random emails, we don't vote on WA proposals, any nation can do that of free will, and our region is small enough that if you have a voice, it's going to be a large one. :)
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/162897_eng.jpg
Catholic; Center-Left; Pacifist; Socially Liberal; A Musician; A Scholar; A Writer; An Actor; An Athlete; A Comedian.

Choice; Gay Rights; Drug Legalization; Mixed Economy; Free Trade; Democracy; Free Religion; Separation of Church and State; Free Speech.

Hate.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Problem is that I am signed up to so many offsite forums nowadays that my email inbox is pretty much 99% moisturiser and Mystic Meg and 1% actual useful stuff. I really don't want to clunk my internet up anymore than it already is.

If you feel spam is a problem, you should create another email just for signing up to forums. That's personally what I do.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:54 pm

I think Sunalaya would be the region for you. We have many RPs of all sorts, and we don't have an offsite forum. We used to, but it's gone. We've lost a little bit of members lately, but if you join you can help reunite us.
Visit Sunalaya!

The Zocalo
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Zocalo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 am

Eist wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find the right regions for me, I'm looking for somewhere with:

- NO offsite forums

RMBs are not a good way to record or, in turn, facilitate discussion. You are looking for a region with discussion, but no avenue to do this. No such region exists.

That said, you could join any region and do both RP and proposal stuff exclusively on the NS Forum.

I think now that region boards can accumulate history and not get wiped off so fast that they're better for RPing, but still less than ideal when compared to offsite forums.

For that matter you could also RP on the NationStates Forums. That would give you a place to RP and discuss WA material (albeit you might want to grow a very thick skin first) without having to worry about registering at an additional offsite forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay