NATION

PASSWORD

Hippiedom Invaded!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:because I would rather be able to successfully defend a region than have to liberate it, given that liberation is always going to be very difficult and is always going to have a high chance of failure.

Liberations are more pressing; if raiders fail to take a region.. they will take another region eventually. When they do capture a region -- there is an immediate risk of griefing. Defending may be easier than Liberating, but the latter is more necessary because it's the fail-safe before the total destruction of the region. You don't want your fail-safe to be impossible to operate.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Of crazed
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Of crazed » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:49 pm

That's the nature of life Unibot, the advantage goes to the first mover.

The same rules that make it hard to liberate a region where there is a massive turn out of raiders, are the same rules that make it easy to liberate small raids.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Of crazed wrote:That's the nature of life Unibot, the advantage goes to the first mover.

Absolutely why I don't think we should be adding technical changes to increase this advantage.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Ahh, blaming variance. Now THAT takes me back.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Shove any arguments regarding variance into the variance thread >.>
Does anyone have anything else to say about Hippiedom? I think we proved our point pretty thoroughly. Defenders, even when facing minimal numbers, are currently incapable of launching organized liberation efforts. Variance was not the issue here. Every single liberation attempt suffered from a distinct lack of cohesion. This is not a discussion for the Technical forum... it's a discussion for the UDL officers to have with each other. As for the raiders, we proved for ourselves that holding three regions in the same week without anything even resembling a pile is perfectly doable in the face of fractured defenders. Anybody got anything constructive to add?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Frattastan wrote:someone gets a security check
Still maintain this is a mod conspiracy against defenders. :P

I'm not saying the randomised variance is the perfect solution (it's only a band-aid/temporary feature, after all), but I don't think its impact on defenders is as disastrous as you're portraying it.

This.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Previous

Return to Gameplay