NATION

PASSWORD

Democratia - a Peacezone

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Republican Schutzbund
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Democratia - a Peacezone

Postby Republican Schutzbund » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 am

Democratia is a Peacezone! The WA Delegate holds no power whatsoever and nations cannot be ejected.

The World Factbook Entry will not be changed and posts will not be suppressed.
Movement in and out of the region is unrestricted, as no password can be imposed.

Inspired by some suggestions put forward in this forum, Democratia is a social experiment.
It is an anarchist region, formed by nations who freely associate under a non-hierarchical, decentralised, participatory form.

Power-hunger, egocentrism and forceful imposition of authority have no value here.

Last edited by Republican Schutzbund on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Democratic Dachshund
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Dachshund » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 am

As the other current resident of Democratia I disagree!

I HEREBY CLAIM MY AUTHORITY OVER THIS REGION.

You will SUBMIT to me as your leader. You will ALLOW me to represent you. SUPPORT me or else!

Or not, there's nothing I could do to make you...but I'll pout with my puppy dog eyes!

Eternal Isolation
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Isolation » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:42 am

Guess what.

Unofficial forum.

Bada-boom.

(On a side note, well-managed Egotism is exactly how you get people to follow you on the internet.)
Last edited by Eternal Isolation on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
A single citizen floating through space on a small planet. I'm so alone.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:02 am

Doesn't really work since at the end of the day the founder has unquestionable power. That having been said, dibs.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Eternal Isolation
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Isolation » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:03 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Doesn't really work since at the end of the day the founder has unquestionable power. That having been said, dibs.

I assumed the founder wouldn't intervene.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:06 am

Eternal Isolation wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Doesn't really work since at the end of the day the founder has unquestionable power. That having been said, dibs.

I assume the same, but at the end of the day the fact that he could if he chose to makes it different from a GCR. Still, I call dibs. International law of dibs.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Eternal Isolation
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Isolation » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:09 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Eternal Isolation wrote:

I assume the same, but at the end of the day the fact that he could if he chose to makes it different from a GCR. Still, I call dibs. International law of dibs.

I think you have to join Democratia or have a puppet in Democratia in order to have influence in Democratia.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:13 am

Eternal Isolation wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I assume the same, but at the end of the day the fact that he could if he chose to makes it different from a GCR. Still, I call dibs. International law of dibs.

I think you have to join Democratia or have a puppet in Democratia in order to have influence in Democratia.

Ah but membership in a Peacezone is based not in influence or endorsements, but rather in soft power. I'm going to rule the region without being in it.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Eternal Isolation
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Isolation » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:14 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Eternal Isolation wrote:

Ah but membership in a Peacezone is based not in influence or endorsements, but rather in soft power. I'm going to rule the region without being in it.

Well, more power to you. I almost hope you succeed.

Eternal Isolation
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Isolation » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 am

You might want to register for the forum, unless you plan on influencing a region without having any contact with it.

Republican Schutzbund
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republican Schutzbund » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:43 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:I assume the same, but at the end of the day the fact that he could if he chose to makes it different from a GCR.

True. I admit I lied.
Democratia actually isn't a Peacezone. It is only an experiment that attempts to to recreate the abstract concept of Peacezone as closely as the current game mechanics allow it, to show how it would work, of if it would work.

We want to promote unconventional forms of regional organisation, and new ways of playing NationStates . :)

I doubt I will ever have conflicting interests, no matter what happens, so ideally I would log on only once every 60 days and use a random puppet if I ever wish to take part in discussions on how the future region should be set up.
Me and Dachshund chose Democratia for this because of the name, and the fact it is Liberated by the Security Council.
However, being it based on the concept of voluntary association, nobody will be forced to accept it or recognize it as a Peacezone.
Last edited by Republican Schutzbund on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:32 am

I've just sent a [new] puppet over there: Bears Disarmed.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Democratic Dachshund
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Dachshund » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Mini update, one week on:

I somehow suspect Republican Schutzbund got the better deal...he plays the role of silent founder, just making sure he doesn't CTE and keeping it a Peacezone, while I got pushed into playing the go-getter trying to make the concept work! :P

On that note, we have started recruiting! We are up to 10 nations. Let's hope there are some genuinely involved ones there. Being the main nation doing things has made me self-proclaimed defacto leader, but ideally I'm looking to see if we could get a few people who crave power (so we'll be have competing factions...in a peacezone!) so things get a lot more interesting!
Last edited by Democratic Dachshund on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Isolation
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Isolation » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Bump for news.

Democratia is officially declaring war on TITO.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Eternal Isolation wrote:Bump for news.

Democratia is officially declaring war on TITO.

lol
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Icamera
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Icamera » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Wait... a Peacezone declaring war? :blink:
Senator of The Allied Republics
ICK-uh-MARE-uh (It's an anagram of America, not an Apple product)
(See here for all)
Rynatia wrote:If I asked you to sleep with me would you answer with the same answer to this question?

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 am

Icamera wrote:Wait... a Peacezone declaring war? :blink:

Of course. As long as war isn't actually going on inside Democratia the region is a peace zone. The social concept with a founder with unlimited power appeals to me, however. Is it OK that I send over a tiny little puppet? Cinistran Raider Puppet is currently without any assignments, and with a name like that, you'll know it's my puppet. No secrets. If you don't like it's presence, your founder can always use his unlimited power to banject me.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Republican Schutzbund
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Republican Schutzbund » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 am

Everyone is welcome to move and stay into Democratia.
Even if/when we don't like them.

Even if they might be determined to destroy us. :meh:
Last edited by Republican Schutzbund on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:59 am

Republican Schutzbund wrote:Everyone is welcome to move and stay into Democratia.
Even if/when we don't like them.

Even if they might be determined to destroy us. :meh:

How can we destroy you? You have an active founder, remember. My puppet is known, and will be polite and kind. You will probably ignore it's presence anyway.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Eternal Isolation
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Isolation » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:42 pm

You're welcome to join us. :)

Democratic Dachshund
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Dachshund » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:50 am

Big bump!

We are still around. Currently at 4 sleepy nations.

In times of crisis and chaos all around NS, Peacezones more than ever prove themselves to be the superior form of government. Power corrupts, and only by removing all power shall your souls be set free.

Bears Disarmed
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Bears Disarmed » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:04 am

It's gone. The founder CTEd, the only other nation there at the time apart from urrs turned out to be a raider puppet, they had enough influence to kick urrs out, and they've refounded...

However the original Democratia's ideals still live on, in Democratia Reborn!

Doom Squad Commander
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Squad Commander » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:32 pm

The peace zone is no more. HUZZAH!

Siberian Districts
Attaché

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Siberian Districts » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Doom Squad Commander wrote:The peace zone is no more. HUZZAH!

Oh. You're back.
Didn't Zao scare you off not that long ago?
The Second Worst to Ever Do It

Doom Squad Commander
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Squad Commander » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Siberian Districts wrote:
Doom Squad Commander wrote:The peace zone is no more. HUZZAH!

Oh. You're back.
Didn't Zao scare you off not that long ago?

I'm confused. Who's Zao?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay