NATION

PASSWORD

NS meetups / NationStates 10th Anniversary

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:32 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:
Vortaganica (?)] was from Melbourne, as was Sun Aut Ex who is no longer with us. You're not that far away, as well.

Haven't spoken to Vort in ages. And SAE... Well.

I would come but I don't have the means, and I'll probably be in exams. :lol:

Oh, you're right. It's only a few days away from my Revolutions exam.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:37 am

Meowfoundland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
Haven't spoken to Vort in ages. And SAE... Well.

I would come but I don't have the means, and I'll probably be in exams. :lol:

You study Revolutions. That is cool.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:40 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:

The wonders of the Victorian Education System. Still, it would have been nice to have a meetup in Treasury/Botanical/Flagstaff/Carlton/Fitzroy Gardens or Fed Square. Maybe even Royal Park or Yarra Bend.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:42 am

Meowfoundland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

The wonders of the Victorian Education System. Still, it would have been nice to have a meetup in Treasury/Botanical/Flagstaff/Carlton/Fitzroy Gardens or Fed Square. Maybe even Royal Park or Yarra Bend.

Well I could do Tuncurry Bowling Club? ;)
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Vortiaganica
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vortiaganica » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:45 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Haven't spoken to Vort in ages.

What in God's name happened to that fellow, anyway?

It's a little ways away for me to promise to show up - we'll see how my schedule pans out.

If only I wasn't so paranoid though.
Last edited by Vortiaganica on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Grim Reaper in Disguise

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:48 am

Vortiaganica wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

It's a little ways away for me to promise to show up - we'll see how my schedule pans out.

He lives! Well, if you decide to turn up then I'm obliged to. It'd be awkward for you to be at a one person party.

Vortiaganica
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vortiaganica » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:06 am

Meowfoundland wrote:
Vortiaganica wrote:

He lives! Well, if you decide to turn up then I'm obliged to. It'd be awkward for you to be at a one person party.

It's like a very strange game of chicken.

Neither of us can be quite certain we /can/ show up, but neither of us wants to let the other show up alone.
The Grim Reaper in Disguise

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:30 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
I'm pretty sure you're the only Melbournian on here...

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Foster form a meet up, and send Max an official invitation, acting like you dont know who he is in relation to the meet up.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:31 am

New Emperica wrote:*is regretting living in secluded Northern Wisconsin*

You can have a meet up with the bears.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:41 am

Vortiaganica wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Search me. I suspect he became a pirate king in the Spice Islands, though I could be wrong.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 am

greed and death wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Foster form a meet up, and send Max an official invitation, acting like you dont know who he is in relation to the meet up.

I'm sure the man will be filled with wonder at the manifold beauty of the bowlo.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 am

Vortiaganica wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:

It's like a very strange game of chicken.

Neither of us can be quite certain we /can/ show up, but neither of us wants to let the other show up alone.

Ugh. Let's think about it closer to the actual date.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:44 am

Forster Keys wrote:
greed and death wrote:

I'm sure the man will be filled with wonder at the manifold beauty of the bowlo.

Well if he receives an invitation that suggest we don't know his relation to NS he will likely come for curiosity sakes.

And that is when the trap is sprung we tie him up, and ransom him for all his book money.
Barack Obama

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:46 am

greed and death wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Well if he receives an invitation that suggest we don't know his relation to NS he will likely come for curiosity sakes.

And that is when the trap is sprung we tie him up, and ransom him for all his book money.

But first we have to find out his nation name without him knowing we've found out his nation name.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:47 am

Forster Keys wrote:
greed and death wrote:

But first we have to find out his nation name without him knowing we've found out his nation name.

Send it to his street address. bust out the phone book he should be listed.
Barack Obama

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 am

greed and death wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Send it to his street address. bust out the phone book he should be listed.

I'm not sure they have streets in Melbourne. Well I'm not sure they'd call them streets anyway.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:57 am

Forster Keys wrote:
greed and death wrote:Send it to his street address. bust out the phone book he should be listed.

I'm not sure they have streets in Melbourne. Well I'm not sure they'd call them streets anyway.

Like you can talk. Do you even have cars in New South Wales? :p

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:00 am

Meowfoundland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Like you can talk. Do you even have cars in New South Wales? :p

Utes are cars! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:23 am

Indianapolis or Chicago or Saint Louis, anyone?
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 am

Meowfoundland wrote:Oh, you're right. It's only a few days away from my Revolutions exam.

Does that include a 'practical' or 'applied' component, rather than just the mere testing of theoretical knowledge?
^_^
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:16 am

I won't be there in November, but if you know me and will be in or around the Twin Cities later this month/September or December, telegram me if you'd want to meet.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:15 am

Reploid Productions wrote:Anybody else in the Los Angeles area? Prohibition Burger on Ventura Blvd might make for a good place to meet up and hang out, and it's relatively public-transit accessible. (Take the trains to the Red Line to the Orange Line to the Balboa stop, and then you should be able to take one of the regular buses the rest of the way down Balboa and then it's just a few blocks to Ventura/White Oak where the place is.) It's also delicious. And somehow a 1920 mob-themed bar seems like an appropriate place for a Nationstates meetup. :lol:

Alternatively, there's Balboa park right next to the Orange line stop- weather permitting that's a great place for some sort of picnic or potluck. Weather in November is a toss up though- might be warm and nice or cold and windy.

Public transit accessible is good planning. Especially when it's a bar, and when many NSers are over 21. :p

Usual People In Life
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Usual People In Life » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:29 am

Interesting, but London is a bit far for me to travel, and I don't want to reveal where I live. *Disables built-in laptop GPS device and geo-location function*

I would have considered Birmingham UK but I remembered that although I'm not a minor, my circumstances mean that it would be unwise and unsafe for me to reveal myself outside of my NS identity of UPIL, as I don't want to cause trouble for myself- sorry. :(
When is a nation not a nation? When it's a region!

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:38 am

Tahar Joblis wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:Anybody else in the Los Angeles area? Prohibition Burger on Ventura Blvd might make for a good place to meet up and hang out, and it's relatively public-transit accessible. (Take the trains to the Red Line to the Orange Line to the Balboa stop, and then you should be able to take one of the regular buses the rest of the way down Balboa and then it's just a few blocks to Ventura/White Oak where the place is.) It's also delicious. And somehow a 1920 mob-themed bar seems like an appropriate place for a Nationstates meetup. :lol:

Alternatively, there's Balboa park right next to the Orange line stop- weather permitting that's a great place for some sort of picnic or potluck. Weather in November is a toss up though- might be warm and nice or cold and windy.

Public transit accessible is good planning. Especially when it's a bar, and when many NSers are over 21. :p

Over 16 you mean ;)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:48 am

North West England anyone?

No, I'll go hide haha

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads