NATION

PASSWORD

NS meetups / NationStates 10th Anniversary

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

NS meetups / NationStates 10th Anniversary

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 am

Do you want to meet the other people who play this game? Thank about that for a second ... are you SURE you want to? OK then. Just checking.

I've used the resources at Meetup.com to create an international community for NationStates players. Note that signing up doesn't commit you to anything. I've created a single arbitrary meeting date for NationStates 10th Anniversary, which you can use, change, or ignore.

Please sign up whether you plan to attend or not. If they start to spam you or something (and I don't think they will - I know I won't) you can always drop out. At this point I'd like to see people sign in just to get a better feel for the demographics of folks interested in possible meetings. If the signup density is sufficient in New York or London or Bonn or Melbourne, by all means, set up a meeting. If enough people sign up, we might find some nice regional nodes developing for people to travel to in November.

Have a look!

Edit: Go into your settings and disable all the email notifications you don't want to get. Apparently I was wrong about the potential for spam.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chevalbourg
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Chevalbourg » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:17 pm

*totally manly squee*

This is going to be very interesting.

Thankfully, the Toronto meetup seems to be ready-made, although I'm plumb out of ideas for what to do at a meet-up. Tabletop roleplaying. From the webpage visit counters I've been seeing it would seem that most NSers live in the US of A, but hopefully there are other Torontonians here ♥

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm wondering if anyone else in Iowa is on this site. A Des Moines meet would be interesting
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

just hold it in NYC... its got everything...
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Conservative World
Envoy

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative World » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:28 pm

TaQud wrote:just hold it in NYC... its got everything...

Except for a good highway system. HOLD ONE IN the Detroit or Lansing Metropolitan area.
Support Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan at http://www.mittromney.com

Qaddaffi,Quadafi,Qaudaffi,Quaddaffi,Kadaffi,Kadaffii,Kadafi,Kidafi,Cadaffi,Cadaffii,Caddafi,Cadifi, and Moamar, Maomarr,moamir,Moamirr.

"War is what changes the world. Yet, the world tries to change war. So,I ask you, where is the war that will change us?"-Irentian

"Perfection is not optional,yet it is mandatory".-Winner12345

"The Needs of the Many are Greater then those of the few or the one"-Conservative World

"Liberalism is flawed Conservatism, while conservatism is fixed liberalism"-Conservative World

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 pm

I signed up, even though I won't be able to attend or anything.
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

Bongo Johnson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bongo Johnson » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Let's get some Massachusetts/southern New Hampshire NS'ers up in here
Proud host of World Bowl XXXII and World Bowl XXXIII
Appearances: 2 (82, 83)
Current rank: 148th
Highest rank: 41st (83)
Lowest rank: 262nd (79)
Best finish: Round 1 (82, 83)

G.A.F.A. I Undefeated Season and Champions
G.A.F.A. II 11-0 Regular Season

Fischistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Bongo Johnson wrote:Let's get some Massachusetts/southern New Hampshire NS'ers up in here

I made boston metropolitan area yeah!
Xavier D'Montagne
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:55 pm

>Western New York

Feels bad man.
Last edited by Ambroscus Koth on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Fischistan wrote:
Bongo Johnson wrote:Let's get some Massachusetts/southern New Hampshire NS'ers up in here

I made boston metropolitan area yeah!

like I'd drive an hour to boston to meet some sweaty internet nerds pffffffffffffffft.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Stupid being a minor over age of 13. My mom would never let me go meet up with a bunch of people I met online.
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Fischistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Lost heros wrote:Stupid being a minor over age of 13. My mom would never let me go meet up with a bunch of people I met online.

I know right :(
Xavier D'Montagne

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Also it is expensive, I recommend coming out to Long Island.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Lost heros wrote:Stupid being a minor over age of 13. My mom would never let me go meet up with a bunch of people I met online.

I can sell you a fake ID to show your mom.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Fischistan wrote:I made boston metropolitan area yeah!

like I'd drive an hour to boston to meet some sweaty internet nerds pffffffffffffffft.

So I take it we will see you there then.
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Conservative World wrote:

Except for a good highway system. HOLD ONE IN the Detroit or Lansing Metropolitan area.

Detroit does not have any people.
Barack Obama

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:22 pm

I remember what happened last time...which was quite hilarious. So yes. Also Prague is bestest place for cheap beer :)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TG's. MODERATORS READ YOUR TG's WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Flowers Call me Rubi for short or Vonners

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Well this seems interesting... Oh look! NSers live near me! :O
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:28 pm

I set a location I know for the New York, Though I am open to changing it if people have better ideas where to host the event.
Barack Obama

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 pm

greed and death wrote:I set a location I know for the New York, Though I am open to changing it if people have better ideas where to host the event.

"Babylon" may not be adequately informative. If you can change the Community name, wouldn't "Long Island NY" attract more people?

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
greed and death wrote:I set a location I know for the New York, Though I am open to changing it if people have better ideas where to host the event.

"Babylon" may not be adequately informative. If you can change the Community name, wouldn't "Long Island NY" attract more people?

I guess I will go with New York City Area, it was set to Babylon when I got there.
Barack Obama

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:52 pm

greed and death wrote:it was set to Babylon when I got there.

Meetup.com seems to be rather stupid about locations. It would be nice to define your home location (mine is a series of a dozen small-to-largish cities collectively called The Triangle) and eliminate the ones you don't want ... but I have no control over my own, much less the group locations.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Someone is impersonating taqud, let's take him to a yankee game :lol:
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
greed and death wrote:it was set to Babylon when I got there.

Meetup.com seems to be rather stupid about locations. It would be nice to define your home location (mine is a series of a dozen small-to-largish cities collectively called The Triangle) and eliminate the ones you don't want ... but I have no control over my own, much less the group locations.

Yeah sounds like meet up, I assume you made the NY,NY meet up, I went ahead and RSVPed for that too.
Barack Obama

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

The city is easier to get to though, all public transportation goes there.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay