NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Riders: The Elite Cavalry of NationStates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:
Do you frequently have arguments with yourself in Gameplay, or is this a new thing? :lol:

The difference is that one is snark and one isn't. You know, joke. Har de har.

Which one wasn't snark -- the one where he says he wouldn't have touched a region if we hadn't detagged it, or the one where he says you guys sometimes have to tag, well, yourselves because we haven't detagged fast enough? Honestly, I can't identify which unreasonable demand was the serious one. :P

General Halcones
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:04 pm

I think it's obvious, is it not?

The serious demand is asking you to pull your socks up and get on with the detags. You're too slow.

Asking you to not do the detags because it removes our "beautiful artwork" is clearly a joke.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:59 pm

General Halcones wrote:I think it's obvious, is it not?

The serious demand is asking you to pull your socks up and get on with the detags. You're too slow.

Asking you to not do the detags because it removes our "beautiful artwork" is clearly a joke.

If you don't think its beautiful, why do you do it?
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Ambroscus Koth wrote:
The difference is that one is snark and one isn't. You know, joke. Har de har.

Yeah but Cormac was funnier.

Yeah but u smel

:(
Last edited by Ambroscus Koth on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

General Halcones
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Tuesday 23rd October 2012

Last update, defenders threw in the towel, as The Black Riders charged through the update, toppling delegate upon delegate, and in total capturing 24 regions. There were very few misses, just the odd hiccup.

Troops involved were A Million Voices, Scooby-Doo, Koth II, and Kaon. For his 7th consecutive update, General Halcones commanded the raids, giving out targets and times.

The following regions were burnt to smithereens:

Liberal Haven
The Hippiedom
The Shtetle
The United States of Doom
E FEDeration Knights
Whitereach
Iriel
The Collective Lands of Obscurity
Hoenn
Light My Fire
The Land of Complete and Utter Absurdity
Isolated Island Chain
DUAN
Redemption
The Zombie Apocalypse Wasteland
Space Furopia
Derpistan
PMOI
The Ottawa Collective
League of Righteousness
United Nations of Prussian Soil
The Partnership of Bronies
The Aster Palace
La Dimora

P.S. The previous delegate in Whitereach has now resigned from the WA due to the repeated invasions by The Black Riders. Success. The defenders weren't the only ones to throw in the towel last update.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:21 pm

The following regions were burnt to smithereens:

Burnt? I'm not sure how they were burned. All you did was jump around and throw your graffiti spam on 24 WFEs. Even if you want to call tagging that impressive, you can't exactly claim that you "burned the regions"

Last update, defenders threw in the towel, as

Where are you getting your information from? Last I checked, we liberated Christmas from an invasion. My apologies. Next time please inform us that we need to pay attention to your tags instead of something that's actually important

For his 7th consecutive update

Are we supposed to be impressed? :eyebrow:

And I'm pretty sure you've used that Banner before. I might be mistaken, but it seems like it's been used before.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

General Halcones
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Why are you so serious Tim?!

I like to make my reports more lively, so I use lines like "flushed down the toilet", "tossed in the frying pan", "went up in smoke", "burnt to smithereens" etc. I am sure everyone appreciates it.

Yeah, perhaps you should pay better attention to our raids? You do know, many delegates were taken down last update. There were active natives who became victims of these raids.

And yes, be impressed. 7 consecutive updates is dedication.

Have a look on google images yourself - there isn't an infinitude of banners. We run out of them, down to our success of course.
Last edited by General Halcones on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:35 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Next time please inform us that we need to pay attention to your tags instead of something that's actually important

Will you be saying that when it comes time to detag them? o.o
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:52 am

General Halcones wrote:I like to make my reports more lively, so I use lines like "flushed down the toilet", "tossed in the frying pan", "went up in smoke", "burnt to smithereens" etc. I am sure everyone appreciates it.

You're a poet, Halcones.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:04 am

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Next time please inform us that we need to pay attention to your tags instead of something that's actually important

Will you be saying that when it comes time to detag them? o.o

Detags are only important if we decide to make them training operations, in my view anyway.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

General Halcones
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 am

Does that mean you don't really care about the regions we hit? That's what I always thought anyway.

Seems TITO really cared about the Holocaust Memorial though - they wouldn't usually detag such small regions. Why do some regions get such special treatment and others not?

Charles Cerebella
Envoy

Founded: Jul 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Cerebella » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:33 am

I certainly think seven consecutive updates is impressive even if no one else does. Congrats Halcones.
Charles Cerebella

King of Albion

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:11 am

General Halcones wrote:Does that mean you don't really care about the regions we hit? That's what I always thought anyway.
I usually don't care who you hit, unless I have a connection to the region, or in raiding x region, you break Rule 1.

Breaking Rule 1 is bad, btw.

Seems TITO really cared about the Holocaust Memorial though - they wouldn't usually detag such small regions. Why do some regions get such special treatment and others not?

I can't speak for TITO, but if you can't see why the Holocaust Memorial might be considered more important than randomtaggedregion, then... lol, basically.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 am

Cromarty wrote:
General Halcones wrote:Does that mean you don't really care about the regions we hit? That's what I always thought anyway.
I usually don't care who you hit, unless I have a connection to the region, or in raiding x region, you break Rule 1.

I can't speak for TITO, but if you can't see why the Holocaust Memorial might be considered more important than randomtaggedregion, then... lol, basically.

Yes clearly an online webgame region called the Holocaust Memorial is of the utmost importance, it's sacred ground, untouchable, and solemn to boot! 4 nations is beneath TITO but 6 whole nations and some shallow moral righteousness and they're ready to go. Clearly what all small regions need to do is to name themselves "Normal Name & (insert victim group) Memorial" if they want TITO to detag them in the future.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 am

Gest wrote:
Cromarty wrote:I usually don't care who you hit, unless I have a connection to the region, or in raiding x region, you break Rule 1.

Yes clearly an online webgame region called the Holocaust Memorial is of the utmost importance, it's sacred ground, untouchable, and solemn to boot! 4 nations is beneath TITO but 6 whole nations and some shallow moral righteousness and they're ready to go. Clearly what all small regions need to do is to name themselves "Normal Name & (insert victim group) Memorial" if they want TITO to detag them in the future.

Would you find it okay to attack a Holocaust Memorial Website?
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

General Halcones
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 am

I don't think any true memorial can be made online. They need a proper space in the world dedicated to them, not just on some server somewhere. I could very easily make several memorials online, yet they'd mean nothing. Only the non-electronic ones have true meaning, which have taken a degree of effort to create.

Hajaland
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Hajaland » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 am

I agree with Halcones, an online memorial has no meaning. It is both temporary and fickle.

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:33 am

It's not really any of your business what regions we decide are worth defending or detagging and what are not. That said, it speaks volumes about you and your organisation if you can't rationalise any reason as to why we might place an elevated importance on this particular region.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

General Halcones
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 am

I still see no meaning in online memorials. Memorials should be a place where you can reflect. You can't do that online. Says a lot about you for seeing them in an equal light to the true memorials. Clearly those don't mean much to you.

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 am

General Halcones wrote:I still see no meaning in online memorials. Memorials should be a place where you can reflect. You can't do that online. Says a lot about you for seeing them in an equal light to the true memorials. Clearly those don't mean much to you.

Well, that's just your opinion. Regardless, I'm glad that you now see the reason why we decided it was a higher importance than any random puppet dump, even if you don't agree with that reasoning. Feel free to ask me in private when you again have trouble comprehending some moral issue :)

General Halcones
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 pm

No, I don't see why you should give it special treatment over other regions. Defenders usually follow the values of equality and justice. Clearly not.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Yeah, TITO are the bad guys here :roll: Quit being obtuse - you're well aware why people are extremely offended by that invasion - which is probably why you did it.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

General Halcones wrote:I don't think any true memorial can be made online. They need a proper space in the world dedicated to them, not just on some server somewhere. I could very easily make several memorials online, yet they'd mean nothing. Only the non-electronic ones have true meaning, which have taken a degree of effort to create.

Really?

If I can't go visit the sites of the Holocaust to make a memorial physically, and I instead invest time and effort and energy into making an online memorial (which could hold a lot more information than a physical memorial), you wouldn't view that as valid and with meaning?

Galiantus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Mahaj wrote:
General Halcones wrote:I don't think any true memorial can be made online. They need a proper space in the world dedicated to them, not just on some server somewhere. I could very easily make several memorials online, yet they'd mean nothing. Only the non-electronic ones have true meaning, which have taken a degree of effort to create.

Really?

If I can't go visit the sites of the Holocaust to make a memorial physically, and I instead invest time and effort and energy into making an online memorial (which could hold a lot more information than a physical memorial), you wouldn't view that as valid and with meaning?

The argument you are making is not a good analogy to a region, because websites and regions have different structure and store vastly different amounts of information. Although a website may be very useful to the public, a region is only directly useful to its founder or whoever controls it. What is wrong here is not the bad taste or the name of the region, but that TBR is usurping power over the WFE to promote their own region.
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

On NationStates, We are the Good Guys:Aretist NatSovs

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Galiantus wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Really?

The argument you are making is not a good analogy to a region, because websites and regions have different structure and store vastly different amounts of information. Although a website may be very useful to the public, a region is only directly useful to its founder or whoever controls it. What is wrong here is not the bad taste or the name of the region, but that TBR is usurping power over the WFE to promote their own region.

The region is a website, no? The region could well store a large amount of information. If nothing else, it has symbolic meaning to the people in that region.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay