NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Riders: The Elite Cavalry of NationStates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Cerian Quilor
Senator
 
Posts: 3841
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:18 am

There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

User avatar
General Halcones
Diplomat
 
Posts: 739
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
General Halcones wrote:There is plenty of gentle humour in my reports. Why can't you post your reports in your own thread? This is for TBR reports only!


If you think Cromarty broke the rules here, you can always complain about it in Moderation *shrugs*


I'd have no idea to be honest. I don't know what the rules are concerning these threads. I'd just ask politely that you keep your reports to your own thread, please. Don't hijack ours - we don't do it to yours. Perhaps we should though?

User avatar
The blAAtschApen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 51666
Founded: Antiquity
Forumer Mod

Postby The blAAtschApen » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 am

General Halcones wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
If you think Cromarty broke the rules here, you can always complain about it in Moderation *shrugs*


I'd have no idea to be honest. I don't know what the rules are concerning these threads. I'd just ask politely that you keep your reports to your own thread, please. Don't hijack ours - we don't do it to yours. Perhaps we should though?


I don't have a thread(I'm not UDL). Well, I have one (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=38375 ), but I think posting anything there would break the gravedigging rule :lol:
Former mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
General Halcones
Diplomat
 
Posts: 739
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 am

I was not referring to you. I was referring to Cromarty and his gang.

User avatar
A Million Voices
Envoy
 
Posts: 275
Founded: Feb 07, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby A Million Voices » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 am

I admit I had an honest giggle when I read it. As long as it doesn't happen again I think it is fine. I also doubt it is illegal anyway since no one owns their own threads here, sadly.
Silencing an opponent is not the same as converting him.

User avatar
Fratt
Attaché
 
Posts: 77
Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fratt » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:45 am

Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...


Only sometimes. ;)
A spambot wrote:
You said that the NPO should not change it's core culture.

Literally everyone else, including the NPO, realizes and understands that NPO culture is the problem.
I'm sure these are the best towel warmers and it will come in handy here.
So you either don't realize that the NPO's core culture caused a war and the subversion of countless regions, or you just don't care.

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5902
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Image
The Counter-Attacking Forces of the Defender


Wednesday 24th October 4AM - 5AM

This past Major, The Black Riders attempted once again to astound the world by riding around regions and spraying graffiti, all around Nationstates. Unfortunately for The Black Riders, your friendly neighborhood defenders counter-attacked and drove those Ringwraiths back. To put a.. damper.. in the Ringwraith charge, even more, it seemed that the flow of the River Updatus was too strong for them and they were swept away.

At the end of the night, the Riders limped away with 5 regions out of the 15 that they attempted to take.

Troops involved were requested not to be named, because it was apparently a very bad update.


And Remember.
A Million Voices wrote:We do most of our real raids during the major, not the minor.


Real Raiding.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Gest
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 379
Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
(Image)
The Counter-Attacking Forces of the Defender


Wednesday 24th October 4AM - 5AM

This past Major, The Black Riders attempted once again to astound the world by riding around regions and spraying graffiti, all around Nationstates. Unfortunately for The Black Riders, your friendly neighborhood defenders counter-attacked and drove those Ringwraiths back. To put a.. damper.. in the Ringwraith charge, even more, it seemed that the flow of the River Updatus was too strong for them and they were swept away.

At the end of the night, the Riders limped away with 5 regions out of the 15 that they attempted to take.

Troops involved were requested not to be named, because it was apparently a very bad update.


Stunningly unoriginal. On par with your career Tim.

User avatar
Canary
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Aug 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Canary » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
(Image)
The Counter-Attacking Forces of the Defender


Wednesday 24th October 4AM - 5AM

This past Major, The Black Riders attempted once again to astound the world by riding around regions and spraying graffiti, all around Nationstates. Unfortunately for The Black Riders, your friendly neighborhood defenders counter-attacked and drove those Ringwraiths back. To put a.. damper.. in the Ringwraith charge, even more, it seemed that the flow of the River Updatus was too strong for them and they were swept away.

At the end of the night, the Riders limped away with 5 regions out of the 15 that they attempted to take.

Troops involved were requested not to be named, because it was apparently a very bad update.


Nice update Tim! :P

User avatar
Cormac Stark
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1417
Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Gest wrote:Stunningly unoriginal. On par with your career Tim.

Yes, and tonight was stunningly bad for TBR by just about anyone's standards -- reflecting, perhaps, just a bit, your loss of a brilliant updater? And no, I don't mean Halcones: I mean Tim, silly! :lol:

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5902
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Gest wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:
(Image)
The Counter-Attacking Forces of the Defender


Wednesday 24th October 4AM - 5AM

This past Major, The Black Riders attempted once again to astound the world by riding around regions and spraying graffiti, all around Nationstates. Unfortunately for The Black Riders, your friendly neighborhood defenders counter-attacked and drove those Ringwraiths back. To put a.. damper.. in the Ringwraith charge, even more, it seemed that the flow of the River Updatus was too strong for them and they were swept away.

At the end of the night, the Riders limped away with 5 regions out of the 15 that they attempted to take.

Troops involved were requested not to be named, because it was apparently a very bad update.


Stunningly unoriginal. On par with your career Tim.


Aww Gest :blush:
That's the nicest thing you've said to me in weeks. Does this mean that you're finally done swearing about me departing TBR to better places?
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran
[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
Lyanna Stark
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 480
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:And Remember.
A Million Voices wrote:We do most of our real raids during the major, not the minor.


Real Raiding.


Bahahahahaah, that's great. :P
-Lyanna Stark
Sepatarch, Admin, and Vizier of Culture of Osiris
Former Pharaoh (Delegate) of Osiris
♥ Earth Marlowe-Locksley ♥

"Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men. The other 999 follow women." -Groucho Marx
Unibot: "I've turned you into a defender chick and you've turned me into a respectable human being!"
[11:12pm]Mahaj: omg i have earth's endo
[11:12pm] Mahaj: this is the proudest moment of my defending career

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5902
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Gest wrote:Stunningly unoriginal. On par with your career Tim.

Yes, and tonight was stunningly bad for TBR by just about anyone's standards -- reflecting, perhaps, just a bit, your loss of a brilliant updater? And no, I don't mean Halcones: I mean Tim, silly! :lol:

:hug: Thanks Cormac
I'm definitely enjoying the UDL more ^_^
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran
[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
Jamie Anumia
Senator
 
Posts: 3797
Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Jamie Anumia » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:36 am

I still don't see what's so impressive about this one particular update. So, the raiders weren't on par, there have been updates just a few days ago where defenders couldn't stop any raids at all. Edit: Not a criticism as such, more just believing this one update isn't overly notable.
Last edited by Jamie Anumia on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1842
Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 am

Gosh, some people take this game (and themselves) so seriously. Like Jamie said, I find it curious how the defenders are all excited over like 3 not-so-hot updates after our massive streak. I guess they really need something to be happy about.

In the meantime, did the defenders kind of forget that there are a significant amount of our troops currently holding Whitereach?
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

User avatar
Cromarty
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6198
Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:58 am

Jamie Anumia wrote:I still don't see what's so impressive about this one particular update.
Entirely the point I was making.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5902
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:42 am

Jamie Anumia wrote:I still don't see what's so impressive about this one particular update. So, the raiders weren't on par, there have been updates just a few days ago where defenders couldn't stop any raids at all. Edit: Not a criticism as such, more just believing this one update isn't overly notable.


So let's get this straight Jamie... When TBR runs around for a Major and throws their graffitti over 15 or so regions, and then has Halcones make a post, full of flavorful verns and adjectives, attempting to make it look like something that should actually be praised... It's totally fine
Yet when TBR has a terrible Update and we point out how badly they did to counteract the stuff that TBR is writing, because we know Halcones won't write it....It's wrong? Your logic. I do not see it

You even say it yourself. What's so impressive about one update? Exactly. What's so impressive about one TBR Update? I don't see you making this same comment when Halcones posts his propaganda.

Just a few days ago, the defenders disn't get anything done, you say? You mean those two consecutive Major updates where we liberated both New Spain and Christmas from you? Or are you conveniently forgetting those two Liberations?
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran
[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
Jamie Anumia
Senator
 
Posts: 3797
Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Jamie Anumia » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:53 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Jamie Anumia wrote:I still don't see what's so impressive about this one particular update. So, the raiders weren't on par, there have been updates just a few days ago where defenders couldn't stop any raids at all. Edit: Not a criticism as such, more just believing this one update isn't overly notable.


So let's get this straight Jamie... When TBR runs around for a Major and throws their graffitti over 15 or so regions, and then has Halcones make a post, full of flavorful verns and adjectives, attempting to make it look like something that should actually be praised... It's totally fine
Yet when TBR has a terrible Update and we point out how badly they did to counteract the stuff that TBR is writing, because we know Halcones won't write it....It's wrong? Your logic. I do not see it

You even say it yourself. What's so impressive about one update? Exactly. What's so impressive about one TBR Update? I don't see you making this same comment when Halcones posts his propaganda.

Just a few days ago, the defenders disn't get anything done, you say? You mean those two consecutive Major updates where we liberated both New Spain and Christmas from you? Or are you conveniently forgetting those two Liberations?

First, I never said defenders didn't get anything done, let me make that clear.

I was mainly pointing out this happened to be an exception to the string of updates where defenders had no successful defences against TBR raids and didn't consider it that notable.

Also Tim, this is the TBR thread, and I'm going to respect that, it's not anything to do with the UDL performing liberations.
Last edited by Jamie Anumia on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
General Halcones
Diplomat
 
Posts: 739
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:58 am

OK, I am starting to get pretty sick and tired of you guys making reports in our thread that do NOT belong in our thread. Please please make them in your own thread! I also don't like the way you mock the style of our reports. It looks most unprofessional.

As for that last update, again, I was not around at all. The commanding was left to one of our other troops, who was trying out something new and had technical difficulties. That is the reason for only getting 5 hits (still not bad to be fair), NOT because defenders were around.

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5902
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:12 am

General Halcones wrote:That is the reason for only getting 5 hits (still not bad to be fair), NOT because defenders were around.


Incorrect. Had Defenders not been there, you would have had at least nine hits.
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran
[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
General Halcones
Diplomat
 
Posts: 739
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:20 am

Only 4 more, hardly significant. The key reason for such a low number of hits was the technical difficulties our commanding officer had. Consider these training sessions, because that is what they are.

User avatar
Andacantra
Diplomat
 
Posts: 570
Founded: Jul 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Andacantra » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:41 am

Either 5 is significant, or 4 is worthless. You can't have it both ways. Had defenders not been around, you'd have had nearly twice as many hits - and somehow those extras are "insignificant". To be quite honest, 5 with defenders is more of an achievement than 20 without (normally because they're busy clearing up the mess you've left every other update).
Abbey Anumia
Chief Kitty of the Cat Burglars
Bi-gameplayers: Raiding and defending because both are fun and ok
Nationstates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**

User avatar
General Halcones
Diplomat
 
Posts: 739
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:12 am

In sessions where I am commanding, we often achieve over 10 hits even with defenders.

User avatar
Galiantus
Diplomat
 
Posts: 730
Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:24 am

Andacantra wrote:Either 5 is significant, or 4 is worthless. You can't have it both ways. Had defenders not been around, you'd have had nearly twice as many hits - and somehow those extras are "insignificant". To be quite honest, 5 with defenders is more of an achievement than 20 without (normally because they're busy clearing up the mess you've left every other update).


I am pretty convinced what Halc is saying is true. In the past, TBR has gotten only 4 raids in an update, due to a lack of puppets and bad jumps, not defenders. They reported this as a success. Yet this time Halc was not there, and they chose not to give an update here reporting their success. You did a good job, defenders, but this looks more like a training/experemental operation than a serious one.
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)


On NationStates, We are the Good Guys:Aretist NatSovs

User avatar
General Halcones
Diplomat
 
Posts: 739
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby General Halcones » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 am

Image

Friday 26th October 4PM - 5PM

Defenders failed miserably last update, as The Black Riders once again showed them they can't defend. A total of 15 regions were captured, a great many with split second timings. Many defenders tried to save the victims, but again and again were gunned down. This is a response to the two mockery reports by the defenders which were posted in our thread. The 15 victims know who to blame.

Troops involved were Scooby-Doo, Camo5768, and Neuskistoliitto, being commanded by General Halcones.

The defenders failed to save the following regions:

Montagris
Zemilid
The Heart
WA Must Be Stopped
The Mob
Portugalia
The Dagobah System
Nortish Sea
The Federation of UIS Nations
GM Motel
Monty Pythons Flying Circus
The Himalayas
TWP
TWOAH TWOAH TWOAH
Voxia


Meanwhile, Whitereach continues to be hammered by The Black Riders. They once had 70 odd embassies. They have all been destroyed. At least 9 of the natives have been expelled from their home. The defenders can do nothing but watch the region get torn to pieces, letting justice be abandoned once again.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armaros, Braussland

Advertisement

Remove ads