NATION

PASSWORD

16,999 vs. 1: The DCM

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you think Galiantus knows how to fight the WA? Are you Anti-WA?

Poll ended at Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 pm

He's crazy. I love the WA.
29%
He's crazy, but I don't really care about the WA.
20%
He's crazy. The WA is powerful and evil.
4%
Don't know, but I hop the WA does not fall.
4%
Don't know, don't care.
13%
Don't know, but I hope the WA falls.
4%
Yes. I hope the WA takes action against The DCM and crushes it before it gets out of hand.
4%
Yes, but I don't really care.
2%
Yes!! The WA shall fall!
7%
My opinion comes nowhere close to any of these statements.
12%

Total votes : 114

Krownsinburg
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krownsinburg » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:58 pm

This was a waste of a thread.
Just your average Liberal Capitalist Christian Deist American.
The Germanic Confederation of Kröwnsinburg is NOT Fascist!
Monfrox wrote:Your GPS is not always right, especially if it tells you to drive into the Pacific Ocean.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Everything is Britain's fault.

Hydesland wrote:If we go down this route we'll eventually be blaming William the Conqueror.

Divair wrote:
Krownsinburg wrote:Vote Obama 2012 if you want America to die. :)

Such a good argument.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Temacht wrote:
Galiantus wrote:
Do you think it's okay for someone to sell themselves into slavery?

Honestly, no, but if they did it they really have no other options.

Do you think it's okay for someone to kill themselves?

That's how I view a new player joining their main nation to the WA. They are selling their national soverignty to the regional delegates of all the largest regions, or commiting national suicide. And half of them don't even realize it! So yes, I am going to use force and military might to stop the WA. But I am not going to just replace one tyrant with another. I am just going to make the WA completely irrelevant, so that the regions can be the highest power. The way it's supposed to be.
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

On NationStates, We are the Good Guys:Aretist NatSovs

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Galiantus wrote:
Temacht wrote:
Honestly, no, but if they did it they really have no other options.

Do you think it's okay for someone to kill themselves?

That's how I view a new player joining their main nation to the WA. They are selling their national soverignty to the regional delegates of all the largest regions, or commiting national suicide. And half of them don't even realize it! So yes, I am going to use force and military might to stop the WA. But I am not going to just replace one tyrant with another. I am just going to make the WA completely irrelevant, so that the regions can be the highest power. The way it's supposed to be.

and if that doesn't work he'll cede from the Union! Hurrah for the bonnie blue flag!

wait, wrong thread.
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

"Wählte Ungnade, wo Gehorsam nicht Ehre brachte."
DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Krownsinburg wrote:This was a waste of a thread.

Cinistra wrote:
...BTW, this thread is one of the more entertaining I've seen for awhile. Keep up the good work :) .

It can't be a waste if more than just one person likes it.

The UK in Exile wrote:
Galiantus wrote:

and if that doesn't work he'll cede from the Union! Hurrah for the bonnie blue flag!

wait, wrong thread.

I'm a little more confident than that. If what I do doesn't work, all I really have to do is "play for keeps". Have fun trying to figure that one out. :roll:
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Galiantus wrote:
Krownsinburg wrote:This was a waste of a thread.

Cinistra wrote:
...BTW, this thread is one of the more entertaining I've seen for awhile. Keep up the good work :) .

The UK in Exile wrote:

wait, wrong thread.

I'm a little more confident than that. If what I do doesn't work, all I really have to do is "play for keeps". Have fun trying to figure that one out. :roll:

its a vague, meaningless cliche delivered to convey an air of superiority and failing!

what do I win?
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:02 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:
Galiantus wrote:

its a vague, meaningless cliche delivered to convey an air of superiority and failing!

what do I win?

I understand the failing part, maybe. But the rest? No.

If you figure it out within 5 days, I'll make you a captain over a significant portion of my army (over 10%) when we get large enough (as in more than 30 members): granted that you also TG me how it relates, do not leak my plan to someone else, and join the DCM.

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Galiantus wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:

what do I win?

If you figure it out within 5 days, I'll make you a captain over a significant portion of my army (over 10%) when we get large enough (as in more than 30 members): granted that you also TG me how it relates, do not leak my plan to someone else, and join the DCM.

well now your just trying to trick me into creating your plan for you.

DEFCON 0 - not at war

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:24 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:
Galiantus wrote:

:p
Well I guess you'll never know the truth until I've completed a few successful operations, eh? Best you don't find out until then.

Hangeria
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hangeria » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:24 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:
Galiantus wrote:

And maybe that's his master plan!
I have foiled it all.

Anyways, this should be interesting to watch.

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 pm

You know how you can beat the WA?

Don't join it.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Galiantus wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:

:p
Well I guess you'll never know the truth until I've completed a few successful operations, eh? Best you don't find out until then.

See? Here's what I don't get. You want to talk all about secrecy, but yet you make a thread about it.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:35 pm

The Grand World Order wrote:You know how you can beat the WA?

Don't join it.

This ^ Don't join WA has no effect on you, short of an invasion, but if you have your own region that's a non issue. And even then there are plenty of defender regions. But this is coming from someone who used to be in your mindset for a short while, you can not do a damn thing to stop the WA from functioning. Furthermore the majority of WA nations will not care, much less notice your anti-WA campaign. And the few that do notice will only be mildly annoyed.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Poni
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Poni » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:37 pm

I have a question for you, Leader of Galiantus: How do you expect to harm the World Assembly, with a region of only nine members so far? Also, out of those nine, not a single country is a member of the World Assembly, making them 100% useless against the World Assembly. If you wish to do anything about the World Assembly, you will have to try EXTREMELY harder than this.

Rick Rollin
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Rollin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:38 pm

But why? And how?
OOC: This is Captain Jean Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise.

Generation 26. (Add 1 and paste this to your sig on any forum. This a social experiment.)

Best. Satire. Ever.

Monlyth
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Monlyth » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:40 pm

I've actually considered joining the World Assembly more than once...
"It was a piece of shit but I enjoyed it. What more do you want?!"

Avalar
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Avalar » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Ill help! :lol: :lol:
NSG's Sexiest Aussie Blonde Surfer, PK, and 1Direction fan boy!

The Nuclear Fist wrote:Bow down thy soulless cast,
From the earth from whence ye fell far.
The path of smoldering brimstone leads,
To the chamber in which dwells Avalar.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 pm

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Galiantus wrote: :p

See? Here's what I don't get. You want to talk all about secrecy, but yet you make a thread about it.

This thread is actually doing a little recruiting for the DCM.

The original intent was to let the WA know I don't need all that many supporters to cause it pain, but it's kind of turned into a place where everyone is trying to expose me as just another nut-case passing through.

Hangeria
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hangeria » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Poni wrote:I have a question for you, Leader of Galiantus: How do you expect to harm the World Assembly, with a region of only nine members so far? Also, out of those nine, not a single country is a member of the World Assembly, making them 100% useless against the World Assembly. If you wish to do anything about the World Assembly, you will have to try EXTREMELY harder than this.

They make a WA puppet of course.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Poni wrote:I have a question for you, Leader of Galiantus: How do you expect to harm the World Assembly, with a region of only nine members so far? Also, out of those nine, not a single country is a member of the World Assembly, making them 100% useless against the World Assembly. If you wish to do anything about the World Assembly, you will have to try EXTREMELY harder than this.

I explained that on my RMB. We use puppet nations to vote.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Galiantus wrote:
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:See? Here's what I don't get. You want to talk all about secrecy, but yet you make a thread about it.

This thread is actually doing a little recruiting for the DCM.

The original intent was to let the WA know I don't need all that many supporters to cause it pain, but it's kind of turned into a place where everyone is trying to expose me as just another nut-case passing through.

To be fair though, you kind of are. Every yera or so we have a new crop of "WA is de ebulist evah" nations/regions, few of them last and almost none maintain any sort of dignity for long. And exactly zero have had any noticeable effect on the WA's ability to function. Not even Gatesville at its prime was capable, nor did it do, any damage to it. You won't, and we're trying to tell you that, to save you the trouble of making a fool of yourself.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Galiantus wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan said:
16,999 vs. 1, I like the WA's odds

It's now 17,300 vs. 7. And growing in my favor.

I am Galiantus, founder of The DCM, and warrior against the WA. If you want to join me, I invite you come to The DCM and help me put the WA in reverse.

To supporters of the WA:

Today I procaliam my undying determination to see the WA stopped in its tyrannicaI function, and inform you that I only need 300 active followers to completely halt the WA in passing any more legislation. Laugh if you want to. In fact, tell me I'm wrong. I want every bit of opposition you can throw at me so I can improve my strategy and win. Within the WA's own rules. But be warned... I will quote what you said about me when I hold the WA by the throat.

I don't support the WA by any stretch of the imagination, it needs to be watched by a second group that makes sure it's not becoming tyrannical or wanting to take over the world, but without the WA, no one will be able to defend founderless regions without locking them outright, so.............
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Wisconsin7
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin7 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Canuckistan, why are we building an embassy with this guy?
R.I.P. 1000 Cats

I am a straight 14 year old male atheistic Communist vegan loner. If you have a problem with any of this, I only request that you stay the fuck away from me. If you have questions about atheism or Communism, ask someone else, because there's a 99% chance they can explain it better. If you have questions about veganism, or are yourself a vegan, send me a TG, because I fear that I am the only one on NSG.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown in sun
When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise
When a good man goes to war

Demons run, but count the cost
The battle's won, but the child is lost

Grotesque Doppelgangers
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grotesque Doppelgangers » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Durmatagno wrote:
Galiantus wrote:
It's now 17,300 vs. 7. And growing in my favor.

I am Galiantus, founder of The DCM, and warrior against the WA. If you want to join me, I invite you come to The DCM and help me put the WA in reverse.

To supporters of the WA:

Today I procaliam my undying determination to see the WA stopped in its tyrannicaI function, and inform you that I only need 300 active followers to completely halt the WA in passing any more legislation. Laugh if you want to. In fact, tell me I'm wrong. I want every bit of opposition you can throw at me so I can improve my strategy and win. Within the WA's own rules. But be warned... I will quote what you said about me when I hold the WA by the throat.

I don't support the WA by any stretch of the imagination, it needs to be watched by a second group that makes sure it's not becoming tyrannical or wanting to take over the world, but without the WA, no one will be able to defend founderless regions without locking them outright, so.............

The WA owned the world when this game began. There's no such thing as the World Assembly becoming tyrannical. The laws of the World Assembly must be approved by a plurality, which is the opposite of oppression. Laws are made and repealed based off what the majority wants. If the World Assmebly becomes tyrannical, it's because the member nations wanted it.

Grotesque Doppelgangers
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grotesque Doppelgangers » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Galiantus wrote:

I explained that on my RMB. We use puppet nations to vote.

That will last for about fifteen seconds before the moderators delete them all.

Jagalonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:12 pm

Lets see....With 300 people on your side...the most votes you can possably get is....

599. Assuming they all endorse the same delegate.

That's not enough to shoot down every resolution...

You really didn't think this through, did you?

To make a dent in the decision making, you need atleast 750ish people....
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:
Computer Land wrote:I don't want someone hacking my fridge :meh:

fridge.setTempC(100);
sysout("I'm melting! I'm meeeeelting! Oh what a world, what world!");
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
I am a Magnificent Titan who likes to Devour Heroes
All tech.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads