NATION

PASSWORD

16,999 vs. 1: The DCM

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you think Galiantus knows how to fight the WA? Are you Anti-WA?

Poll ended at Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 pm

He's crazy. I love the WA.
29%
He's crazy, but I don't really care about the WA.
20%
He's crazy. The WA is powerful and evil.
4%
Don't know, but I hop the WA does not fall.
4%
Don't know, don't care.
13%
Don't know, but I hope the WA falls.
4%
Yes. I hope the WA takes action against The DCM and crushes it before it gets out of hand.
4%
Yes, but I don't really care.
2%
Yes!! The WA shall fall!
7%
My opinion comes nowhere close to any of these statements.
12%

Total votes : 114

Confederation of American States (Ancient)
Secretary

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of American States (Ancient) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:41 am

Galiantus wrote:
Temacht wrote:
Honestly, no, but if they did it they really have no other options.

Do you think it's okay for someone to kill themselves?

That's how I view a new player joining their main nation to the WA. They are selling their national soverignty to the regional delegates of all the largest regions, or commiting national suicide. And half of them don't even realize it! So yes, I am going to use force and military might to stop the WA. But I am not going to just replace one tyrant with another. I am just going to make the WA completely irrelevant, so that the regions can be the highest power. The way it's supposed to be.

I agree 100%. While I was a member of the WA (for the short time that I was) I had attempted to argue in the forums about how national governments know what is better for their people than any international body could ever hope too. And besides that not all national governments are the same for example the CAS enjoys an income tax of 0% and is extreme anarcho-capitalistic while another nation is extremely communistic or a totalitarian police state. Whats stopping someone in the WA from adopting measures that force nations who are ideologically different from forcing their way of life on the other nation. Like forcing me to adopt policies that go counter to what I would have said on an issue. Different things work for different people. I'm joining this fight to help end global tyranny and let the people decide for themselves how to govern their nations. The Confederation of American States will no longer allow the WA to dictate how we run ourselves and declare our independence from the WA formally! We will fight to free nations across the map of the dictation of the will of a majority! Bring the sovereignty of governance back to the nations and away from a global governing body!

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:52 am

Confederation of American States wrote:
Galiantus wrote:
That's how I view a new player joining their main nation to the WA. They are selling their national soverignty to the regional delegates of all the largest regions, or commiting national suicide. And half of them don't even realize it! So yes, I am going to use force and military might to stop the WA. But I am not going to just replace one tyrant with another. I am just going to make the WA completely irrelevant, so that the regions can be the highest power. The way it's supposed to be.

I agree 100%. While I was a member of the WA (for the short time that I was) I had attempted to argue in the forums about how national governments know what is better for their people than any international body could ever hope too. And besides that not all national governments are the same for example the CAS enjoys an income tax of 0% and is extreme anarcho-capitalistic while another nation is extremely communistic or a totalitarian police state. Whats stopping someone in the WA from adopting measures that force nations who are ideologically different from forcing their way of life on the other nation. Like forcing me to adopt policies that go counter to what I would have said on an issue. Different things work for different people. I'm joining this fight to help end global tyranny and let the people decide for themselves how to govern their nations. The Confederation of American States will no longer allow the WA to dictate how we run ourselves and declare our independence from the WA formally! We will fight to free nations across the map of the dictation of the will of a majority! Bring the sovereignty of governance back to the nations and away from a global governing body!

If you think your national government does better than the WA, resign.
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of American States (Ancient) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Fischistan wrote:

If you think your national government does better than the WA, resign.

Already has been done and thats not the point. The point is to stop the WA from imposing laws, acts, regulations etc etc on other nations and to stop the WA from having the authority to condemn and attack non-member nations. For fun as well.

Fischistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Fischistan wrote:If you think your national government does better than the WA, resign.

Already has been done and thats not the point. The point is to stop the WA from imposing laws, acts, regulations etc etc on other nations and to stop the WA from having the authority to condemn and attack non-member nations. For fun as well.

1) all the laws ever do is change around some numbers, the countries have no real obligation to obey them.
2)Those that get condemned generally want to be condemned.
3)The WA can't attack nations.
4)It's for fun because this is a game, and games are supposed to be fun.
Last edited by Fischistan on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier D'Montagne
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of American States (Ancient) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Fischistan wrote:

1) all the laws ever do is change around some numbers, the countries have no real obligation to obey them.

Well the way I see it is that in theory they should be obeyed and even if they just change some number still a threat to sovereignty. I understand that a lot want to be condemned which is fine but you say generally so that must not always be the case? if I'm wrong thats fine just wondering. I guess I stated that wrong about the WA attacking as well I meant member states being encouraged. What I meant by for fun is that trying to stop the WA is done out of fun, hell if anything it adds more of a realistic factor seeing as their are countries and people of different countries who vehemently oppose the UN and try to stop either their nation from joining it or try to stall it or make it inefficient or cease to exist in RL.

Fischistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Fischistan wrote:1) all the laws ever do is change around some numbers, the countries have no real obligation to obey them.

Well the way I see it is that in theory they should be obeyed and even if they just change some number still a threat to sovereignty. I understand that a lot want to be condemned which is fine but you say generally so that must not always be the case? if I'm wrong thats fine just wondering. I guess I stated that wrong about the WA attacking as well I meant member states being encouraged. What I meant by for fun is that trying to stop the WA is done out of fun, hell if anything it adds more of a realistic factor seeing as their are countries and people of different countries who vehemently oppose the UN and try to stop either their nation from joining it or try to stall it or make it inefficient or cease to exist in RL.

Changing numbers is not a threat to sovereignty. The vast majority of the time, those who get fancy badges want those badges. If you don't want your trend lines to be a little but more squiggly, resign or join with a puppet.
Xavier D'Montagne

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of American States (Ancient) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Fischistan wrote:

Changing numbers is not a threat to sovereignty. The vast majority of the time, those who get fancy badges want those badges. If you don't want your trend lines to be a little but more squiggly, resign or join with a puppet.

Thats the plan ;)

Demirysis
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Demirysis » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Fischistan wrote:If you think your national government does better than the WA, resign.

Oh, so you're forcing your "Freedom" on nations who have willing joined the WA - no, that's totally not tyrannic at all...

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of American States (Ancient) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Demirysis wrote:

Oh, so you're forcing your "Freedom" on nations who have willing joined the WA - no, that's totally not tyrannic at all...

And having a resolution effect your nation based on the fact that the majority wills it isn't? What if a resolution to abolish the death penalty is adopted and some nations the death penalty has been something that works for them why then must they cede their right to practice what works for them in their nation? Answer that without saying they can leave and I'll be willing to listen. But nonetheless just because the majority wills something and imposes it on the minority doesn't make it right and is still a form of tyranny.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Demirysis wrote:

And having a resolution effect your nation based on the fact that the majority wills it isn't? What if a resolution to abolish the death penalty is adopted and some nations the death penalty has been something that works for them why then must they cede their right to practice what works for them in their nation? Answer that without saying they can leave and I'll be willing to listen. But nonetheless just because the majority wills something and imposes it on the minority doesn't make it right and is still a form of tyranny.

Don't worry. You can always reintroduce the death penalty through your daily issues, thus negating any unwanted effects of those pesky WA resolutions. That goes for any WA resolution, of course.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Fischistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Demirysis wrote:

It's not a form of tyranny if they are free to opt out without any pressure.

When a president is democratically elected, is that tyranny? The majority is deciding who will be your ruler.
Xavier D'Montagne

Demirysis
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Demirysis » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Demirysis wrote:

Simple - We would leave. Let individual nations decide when a resolution affects them too much - they will leave of their own accord.

Plus, a resolution completely banning the death penalty would never pass, I'm certain of it.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Demirysis wrote:

Simple - We would leave. Let individual nations decide when a resolution affects them too much - they will leave of their own accord.

Plus, a resolution completely banning the death penalty would never pass, I'm certain of it.

This is NS. Be careful with claiming any form of certainty.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Galiantus wrote:
Fischistan wrote:You know, you have to be a member of the WA to raid. Are you willing to do that?

With puppets I am.

I hope you realize you're only allowed to have one nation in the WA. Any more than that will get you deleted.
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of American States (Ancient) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Fischistan wrote:

It's not a form of tyranny if they are free to opt out without any pressure.

When a president is democratically elected, is that tyranny? The majority is deciding who will be your ruler.

I would say that that could be seen as a form of tyranny. Suppose that the president is democractically elected. That president then declares that he is going to confiscate property from different groups of individuals which a majority of people approve of (assuming there is no constitution or other legal document to prevent things like this). Wouldn't that be tyranny of the majority? What if the majority of people democratically elect someone who ran on the platform of confiscating property or simply killing of a certain ethnic group? Does that make it ok simply because the majority of the people willed it?

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Er, what?

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Since, largest margin proposal passed by is 9350, you will need to organize 4674 unique nations to vote against every motion of WA except repeals. However organizing that number of people on internet is impossible.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Cinistra wrote:

Don't worry. You can always reintroduce the death penalty through your daily issues, thus negating any unwanted effects of those pesky WA resolutions. That goes for any WA resolution, of course.

This I can only think of a handful of instances when a WA proposal changed anything about my nation. Those few times it has, I've changed it back within a week or so. Usually faster.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:40 pm

Cinistra wrote:

So the WA doesn't have any point? I agree with you there. :clap: :bow: ...

:palm:
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

On NationStates, We are the Good Guys:Aretist NatSovs

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Galiantus wrote:
Cinistra wrote:Don't worry. You can always reintroduce the death penalty through your daily issues, thus negating any unwanted effects of those pesky WA resolutions. That goes for any WA resolution, of course.

Its point is that its a fun model UN-like body that people can participate in if they wish. You don't have to join, you don't even have to acknowledge that it exists.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:47 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Galiantus wrote:

Its point is that its a fun model UN-like body that people can participate in if they wish. You don't have to join, you don't even have to acknowledge that it exists.

The regions do, and that's a fact. A founderless region must have a WA delegate to change the WFE, moderate the RMB, protect from invaders, etc. If you want to be in a founderless region it is almost completely neccessary to join the WA. Is that just? I don't think so.
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Galiantus wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Its point is that its a fun model UN-like body that people can participate in if they wish. You don't have to join, you don't even have to acknowledge that it exists.

The regions do, and that's a fact. A founderless region must have a WA delegate to change the WFE, moderate the RMB, protect from invaders, etc. If you want to be in a founderless region it is almost completely neccessary to join the WA. Is that just? I don't think so.

Life ain't fair, kid.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Galiantus wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Its point is that its a fun model UN-like body that people can participate in if they wish. You don't have to join, you don't even have to acknowledge that it exists.

You don't like it, start your own new region. Nobody is forcing you to join a founderless region.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Galiantus wrote:

Life ain't fair, kid.

The least I can do is try to make it better, and that's what I am doing by fighting the WA. I am at least trying to make the world a better place.

Galiantus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Galiantus wrote:

You don't like it, start your own new region. Nobody is forcing you to join a founderless region.

Really? This still violates national soverignty! The WA is obligating players to either stay out of founderless regions or join the WA. Neither of which is a good option. Players should be able to choose which region they want to be a part of without ever having to deal with the WA.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay