NATION

PASSWORD

Latin motto clinic

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neurodivergent Nation
Civilian

Founded: Oct 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Neurodivergent Nation » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:49 pm

how about "Normalcy Prevails"?

Britannia Maior
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Britannia Maior » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:51 pm

S-Hertogenbosch wrote:
Britannia Maior wrote:Would “Pax Britannica Maiorem” be the correct way of saying “Greater British Peace”? The inflections confuse me.

I think you should use the nominativus "maior" instead of the accusativus "maiorem" (in accordance with "pax"). "Pax Britannica Maior" therefore is the way I would translate it.

Ah, alright. Thanks ^^
| KINGDOM OF GREATER BRITAIN ᛫ God Save The King
PMT Great Britain under a National Statist/Renovationist regime, dedicated to upholding Euro-American hegemony in a seemingly eternal Cold War - and spying on you.

| The Times |

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:28 pm

A bit of an unusual phrase to request, if you don't mind!

"To swear, and to live and die by NS Stats!"

If it is too long, I guess "To live and die by NS Stats!" will do.

Thank you in advance! ♥
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

A l b i o n
Secretary

Founded: Nov 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby A l b i o n » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:31 am

Salve,

Would the motto “Rēgnum Nātiōque Albiōnis” be grammatically correct? Or would it be more preferable to use another motto? My intention is a motto based on the SPQR, one that would work for a Romanesque union of Anglo-Saxons/English, Celts and self-called Romans within Albion, which has a monarchy.
| Great Kingdom of Albion / British EmpireOur Sun Shan’t Yet Set
Our skies, once clouded by ash and smoke, clear now to reveal the sunrise, a new dawn - of peace and brotherhood. Let our songs of fraternity now fill our hearts, with no room for hatred.

21 July AD 1921
| The Herald :

S-Hertogenbosch
Attaché

Founded: Jul 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby S-Hertogenbosch » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:42 am

Neurodivergent Nation wrote:how about "Normalcy Prevails"?

Praevalet sanitas
Normalitas doesn't seem to be acceptable in Latin; I didn't find it in the dictionary. I chose to use sanitas, which would hopefully carry the same general meaning.

Valentine Z wrote:A bit of an unusual phrase to request, if you don't mind!

"To swear, and to live and die by NS Stats!"

If it is too long, I guess "To live and die by NS Stats!" will do.

Thank you in advance! ♥

Iurare, vivere et mori per notitias NS
I must admit that statistics was a difficult word to translate.

A l b i o n wrote:Salve,

Would the motto “Rēgnum Nātiōque Albiōnis” be grammatically correct? Or would it be more preferable to use another motto? My intention is a motto based on the SPQR, one that would work for a Romanesque union of Anglo-Saxons/English, Celts and self-called Romans within Albion, which has a monarchy.

I think it would be correct this way. Well, you can probably tell it is correct if you agree with the way I translate it back into English: The kingdom and nation of Albion.
✠ Als wij van ertrijck moeten scheijden,
zoe bidden wij Onser Vrouwen,
dat sij ons moet gheleijden, amen. ✠
When we'll have to part this earth,
we'll pray to Our Lady,
that she will guide us. Amen.
taken from: Mirakelen van Onse Lieve Vrouwe tot 's-Hertogenbosch
Current year in 's-Hertogenbosch: 1628 | the 3rd year of bishop Ophovius' episcopate | anthem
Tier: 3 | Level: 0 | Type: 4 | Power Comparator: 36

A l b i o n
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby A l b i o n » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:19 pm

S-Hertogenbosch wrote:
A l b i o n wrote:Salve,

I think it would be correct this way. Well, you can probably tell it is correct if you agree with the way I translate it back into English: The kingdom and nation of Albion.

Gratias tibi!
Our skies, once clouded by ash and smoke, clear now to reveal the sunrise, a new dawn - of peace and brotherhood. Let our songs of fraternity now fill our hearts, with no room for hatred.

21 July AD 1921
| The Herald :

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:40 pm

Thank you very much, and sorry for the late reply! >,<
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

New Solaurora
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Solaurora » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Howdy, I'm workshopping my motto and I wanted to see what the following translate to. (I'm not trusting google on this due to personal reasons)

ad astra sumus renati

ad astra per renati

renati ad astra sumus et pervenire

Rough meaning is "we are reborn to the stars" or "we are reborn and we reach the stars." I'm trying to minimize the amount of words and maintain the words of "renati ad astra" in it.

Thank you
Last edited by New Solaurora on Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
New Solaurora
---------

A l b i o n
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby A l b i o n » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:38 am

What would be the grammatically correct translation of “foggy/obscured Albion”?

Edit: I’d also like to ask what the translations of these would be in Latin:
Order of Knights of the Round Table
Arthur, King of the Britons
Last edited by A l b i o n on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

21 July AD 1921
| The Herald :

Imperium Latine
Attaché

Founded: Nov 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Latine » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:14 pm

I wanted to have my motto as "empire of God and 'caput mundi!', I tried "de Domini Imperii et Caput Mundi" but I think the first part is wrong. Could you tell me how it is? Thank you in advance!
✠ Sacrum Imperium Romanum Latinum ✠
Caesar Ricardus dei gratia fidelissimus in Christo imperator a Deo coronatus, Rex Latinus, Romanorum moderator et semper augustus
✠ Imperium Dei et caput mundi! Deus vult! ✠

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:21 pm

What would be the Latin translation of "So many questions are bad for your health."?

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:00 am

What would be the translation of “Brotherly Society of Knights of the Mission of Christ the Saviour”? It’s a long name, I know, but I believe it goes with the style of RL Christian military chivalric orders.
Last edited by The Islands of Versilia on Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:55 am

The Islands of Versilia wrote:What would be the translation of “Brotherly Society of Knights of the Mission of Christ the Saviour”? It’s a long name, I know, but I believe it goes with the style of RL Christian military chivalric orders.

My attempted translation (with 1 year of Latin grammar) is societas fraterna equitum legationis Christi soteris
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Gameside factbooks not canon
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
>>>Member of Septentrion, Atlas, Alithea, Tyran<<<
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:00 am

Comfed wrote:What would be the Latin translation of "So many questions are bad for your health."?

With reservations as above, tantae quaestiones tibi non salus
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:04 am

Imperium Latine wrote:I wanted to have my motto as "empire of God and 'caput mundi!', I tried "de Domini Imperii et Caput Mundi" but I think the first part is wrong. Could you tell me how it is? Thank you in advance!

I suppose it depends which god you have in mind, but the "empire of god" can be translated like you have less the de, which can be expressed adequately with a bare genitive in Latin: imperium dei
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:10 am

A l b i o n wrote:What would be the grammatically correct translation of “foggy/obscured Albion”?

I would attempt to translate them as:
1. turbida Albion, leaving the proper name undeclined but assuming feminine gender
2. equites socii mesae rotundae
3. Arthur rex Britannorum
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Keira
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Keira » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 am

How about "Out of Many - One"? Meaning, many different peoples, languages and ethnicities coming together. Alternatively, I'm open to similar suggestions (if an exact match isn't possible in Latin).
⠀⠀⠀⠀Federation⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ of ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Keira⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Social Liberalism - Keynesianism - Technoliberalism
Wiki | Map | President | Factbooks

About me | she / they | Liberal & Pragmatic Social Democrat | Prussian Lithuanian in UK | No game stats | Dark theme | ex-DOS
Main: Helvena | Other puppets: Ygria Osttera

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:21 am

Keira wrote:How about "Out of Many - One"? Meaning, many different peoples, languages and ethnicities coming together. Alternatively, I'm open to similar suggestions (if an exact match isn't possible in Latin).

I think this is very adequately translated in the motto of the USA, e pluribus, unum, but unum may require changing gender to reflect what is the one thing out of many.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Keira
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Keira » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:28 am

Themiclesia wrote:
Keira wrote:How about "Out of Many - One"? Meaning, many different peoples, languages and ethnicities coming together. Alternatively, I'm open to similar suggestions (if an exact match isn't possible in Latin).

I think this is very adequately translated in the motto of the USA, e pluribus, unum, but unum may require changing gender to reflect what is the one thing out of many.

Oh? I thought US's motto was "In God We Trust"?
⠀⠀⠀⠀Federation⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ of ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Keira⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Social Liberalism - Keynesianism - Technoliberalism
Wiki | Map | President | Factbooks

About me | she / they | Liberal & Pragmatic Social Democrat | Prussian Lithuanian in UK | No game stats | Dark theme | ex-DOS
Main: Helvena | Other puppets: Ygria Osttera

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:38 am

Keira wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:I think this is very adequately translated in the motto of the USA, e pluribus, unum, but unum may require changing gender to reflect what is the one thing out of many.

Oh? I thought US's motto was "In God We Trust"?

I believe it was e pluribus unum to reflect its constitution as a federation of states
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 am

Themiclesia wrote:
The Islands of Versilia wrote:What would be the translation of “Brotherly Society of Knights of the Mission of Christ the Saviour”? It’s a long name, I know, but I believe it goes with the style of RL Christian military chivalric orders.

My attempted translation (with 1 year of Latin grammar) is societas fraterna equitum legationis Christi soteris

Themiclesia wrote:
A l b i o n wrote:What would be the grammatically correct translation of “foggy/obscured Albion”?

I would attempt to translate them as:
1. turbida Albion, leaving the proper name undeclined but assuming feminine gender
2. equites socii mesae rotundae
3. Arthur rex Britannorum

Thanks!
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Allinburg
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Allinburg » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:22 am

hey there,

just a simple request - can you translate the phrase “Liberty, civility, unity” in latin?
  • liberty is in its common context of freedom, and independence as well
  • civility is both in the context of respect and of good behaviour
  • unity is in the context of solidarity and agreement among peoples
i’m just doing this to verify if the phrase “Libertas, civilitas, concordia” is an appropriate translation or not.

wishing you luck in translating and thanks in advance !! (^_^)
AllinburgAllinea
IC☄ NS-Statsどこ?
OOC ‣ alie・♂️/・a-nyo-rak・no unsolicited TGs・©

Vykrotia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vykrotia » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:28 pm

I've probably been using the wrong wording for years now but I'd like to know how these phrases would translate in latin:
  • "Strength, Power, Order."
  • "There is none above the law."

Thanks.
NATION INFO
FOUNDED: DEC. 16, 2021
PRESIDENT: HENDRIK STARKE
GOVERNMENT: FEDERAL REPUBLIC
POPULATION: 49,708,493

VYKROTIAN FEDERATION
- FORTITUDO - POTESTAS - ORDINEM -
(vai-krow-sha)

A heavily-militarized European nation forged from countless conflict and a clarion call for true independence.
A federal republic under a hidden police state, the Vykrotian Federation aims to maintain its strength through power while enforcing order.

Current IC year: 2031 | NS stats are NOT used

Cereskia 2
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cereskia 2 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:33 pm

So, I'm making flags (here), and I require some mottos like:

- Light in Darkness
- Unity and Freedom
- God and Country

Not like literally translate those 3 words, but something Reminiscent or Have Similar Meanings with the 3 words, and I would request 4-8, Thank you very very much!
Herro Prease, am Cereskia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Oh yeah, and who da fock is Alastair?????
P.S: These people don't know how to spell "Stickmin" correctly, *Le Facepalm*
Get a load of this adbot sh!t.
-Taco and Dave Panpa.

Serrania
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrania » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:35 pm

Allinburg wrote:hey there,

just a simple request - can you translate the phrase “Liberty, civility, unity” in latin?
  • liberty is in its common context of freedom, and independence as well
  • civility is both in the context of respect and of good behaviour
  • unity is in the context of solidarity and agreement among peoples
i’m just doing this to verify if the phrase “Libertas, civilitas, concordia” is an appropriate translation or not.

wishing you luck in translating and thanks in advance !! (^_^)

Unitas is probably more fitting. Concordia means more like harmony than unity.

Libertas, Civilitas, Unitas

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay