NATION

PASSWORD

Do You Have Puppets?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Voltur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Do You Have Puppets?

Postby Voltur » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Do you have any puppet states? By this, I mean do you have multiple NS accounts with one nation as the leader? You do not have to list the names of your nations if you don't want. Just the number of nations you control. This is not meant to cause problems, I am only curious how many nations have puppet states. 
Join us at Agora

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Most if not all NS players have puppets. I have 7 that I check regularly, but I know someone who has 224. :)
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

Voltur
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Voltur » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Fischistan wrote:Most if not all NS players have puppets. I have 7 that I check regularly, but I know someone who has 224. :)

I figured that. Was really just trying to spark conversation lol. I have 5. but 224! there is no way they can keep up with that many.
Join us at Agora

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 pm

They use autologin scripts.
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Sixteen.

They aren't wank-tools by any means, I just wanted a living world to put my nation in. And thus...

Sixteen.
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

System-Lord Baal
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby System-Lord Baal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 pm

I've about 20, but 224's intense. I RP with a great deal of mine.
The Goa'uld- Self-Appointed Rulers of all Creation
At noon Elijah began to tease them. "Shout louder!" he said. "I'm sure Baal is a god! Perhaps he has too much to think about. Or maybe he has gone to the toilet. Or perhaps he's away on a trip. Maybe he's sleeping. You might have to wake him up."
(1 Kings 18:27 NIRV)
Non-WA
The Fourth Dynasty Goa'uld Empire
Population: 3,000,230,250
Military: 340,027,630
WA
Farrow-Marshal Aeronautics Corporation
Population: 41,120
Military: 102
Remember, "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

Romegarrett
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Romegarrett » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Voltur
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Voltur » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:09 pm

still seems crazy though. i find it hard having enough time to deal with just 5 nation. cant imagine that many.
Join us at Agora

System-Lord Baal
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby System-Lord Baal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm

And no puppet-wanking going on with me either. They hate each other. If all my nations met each other annihilation of the universe may ensue. :P
Last edited by System-Lord Baal on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Goa'uld- Self-Appointed Rulers of all Creation
At noon Elijah began to tease them. "Shout louder!" he said. "I'm sure Baal is a god! Perhaps he has too much to think about. Or maybe he has gone to the toilet. Or perhaps he's away on a trip. Maybe he's sleeping. You might have to wake him up."
(1 Kings 18:27 NIRV)
Non-WA
The Fourth Dynasty Goa'uld Empire
Population: 3,000,230,250
Military: 340,027,630
WA
Farrow-Marshal Aeronautics Corporation
Population: 41,120
Military: 102
Remember, "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

Dachshundia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dachshundia » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm

I have one other.

Aaraya
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aaraya » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:12 pm

I have 3. Who really needs 224 puppets?
Please check out this awesome region, The New Democratic Union

I am a woman. Please use correct pronouns :)

Too much of a good thing is simply wonderful. – Liberace
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.- Elbert Hubbard

PROUD RAIDER: THE BLACK HAWKS

Dachshundia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dachshundia » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Aaraya wrote:I have 3. Who really needs 224 puppets?

Not me :p

New Agraea
Attaché

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Agraea » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:14 pm

I am a puppet. It's for RP reasons - this country neibours my real one in our archipelago. Should I ever decide to RP a war between the two (which is more of an eventuality than anything), I won't need to find someone willing to suddenly fill the role of "evil neibours" and move their country to my island chain. I'd still need someone to control my forces, or at least that would be ideal, but that's not too difficult.
New Agraea is a third world nation, led by a complete madman, and our general population is more or less unaware that other places even exist. If you find yourself annoyed at the above post, try to remember that.

One of me is a puppet.

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Dachshundia wrote:I have one other.

Is it as ADORABLE as this one?
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

Voltur
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Voltur » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:23 pm

New Agraea wrote:I am a puppet. It's for RP reasons - this country neibours my real one in our archipelago. Should I ever decide to RP a war between the two (which is more of an eventuality than anything), I won't need to find someone willing to suddenly fill the role of "evil neibours" and move their country to my island chain. I'd still need someone to control my forces, or at least that would be ideal, but that's not too difficult.

Smart. I created 1 of mine for a similar purpose. I dont really consider it a puppet so much as a piece of framework for my nations history.
Join us at Agora

New Agraea
Attaché

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Agraea » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Voltur wrote:
New Agraea wrote:I am a puppet. It's for RP reasons - this country neibours my real one in our archipelago. Should I ever decide to RP a war between the two (which is more of an eventuality than anything), I won't need to find someone willing to suddenly fill the role of "evil neibours" and move their country to my island chain. I'd still need someone to control my forces, or at least that would be ideal, but that's not too difficult.

Smart. I created 1 of mine for a similar purpose. I dont really consider it a puppet so much as a piece of framework for my nations history.

That pretty much hits the nail on the head. While I do have a bit of non-related backstory and such done up for New Agraea, it's existance is mostly just to provide history and an excuse for ongoing conflict for my real nation.
New Agraea is a third world nation, led by a complete madman, and our general population is more or less unaware that other places even exist. If you find yourself annoyed at the above post, try to remember that.

One of me is a puppet.

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:49 pm

I believe I have 4 now. I usually don't keep my raiding puppets.
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:51 pm

I have around twenty puppets I use for defending regularly. I used to have more but raiding tactics have changed, so, not so many puppets are needed.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Alive, probably around 10-20 or so. It has been increasing lately.

In total I might have made around a 100 across the years.
The Blaatschapen should resign

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:57 pm

I may have one or two.. or around ~100 total live and dead. Probably higher if I could remember all of them.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:58 pm

I am the Floridian Coast. I was thinking about having one nation for RPing and one for NSG but it hasn't worked out like that.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 pm

I have around 240... And I know of a guy who has over 1000...
Heeding the Call, One and For All: UDL

Krala Sau
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Krala Sau » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:00 am

I used to have one, but I got bored with it.
San Leggera wrote:There's no black and white. Only grey.

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.
-Stewart Alsop
Left/Right: -5.75
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.62
Can you think inside a chimney?
National Factbook (WIP)
DEFCON 5
High Select David
Lower Select Warren
People's Few: Jarl James, Jarl Benjamin, Jarl George, Jarl Martin, Jarl Puddinghead
Jormengand wrote:Ko'ra'la Si'oh, meaning water snake girl's light.

1000 Cats wrote:Kráhíyas:sù - The First Bird Cries.

Haydn wrote:Krala Sau means 'Warrior' in Haydanian. (Richin Tau)

Lancov
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancov » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 am

I have two others besides Lancov, which is my primary.
Демократска Република Лaнкoв | RP population: 60 million | rewriting canon as of 2023. previous posts may no longer be accurate | Currency: Haid (1 LVH = 0.41 USD)

| WA Mission | Factbook |
Everyone wrote:Who?

Schwabenreich
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:07 am

I have one. When my friend had his nation deleted, I decided to make a puppet to compete with his new nation. Then he made a puppet shortly after which became the true competitor really. My main nation was an oppressive, nationalist father knows best state for a long time, then I made it more liberal/social democrat kind of thing, and I wanted to see what my puppet would be like if it started like that. The result? Puppet had less negative traits that I can't seem to remove (despite actively trying) from my own nation, yet none of the 'top 5% largest market for (insert market here)" things.
"The sovereign represents the state; he and his people form but one body, which can only be happy as far as united by concord. The prince is to a nation he governs, what a head is to a man; it is his duty to see, think and act for the whole community, that he may procure it every advantage of which it is capable."-Friedrich der Große

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay