NATION

PASSWORD

Jakker Versus Unibot

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:49 pm

D:< Start caring!

Harmoneia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Harmoneia » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Tell that to people who wouldn't normally defend but will defend for history, not me, because I always care about natives' plea.
Last edited by Harmoneia on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:15 am

Casl wrote:D:< Start caring!

We care. But fifty people don't pop out of my body ready to go when I care. D:
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 am

I don't care. Its been raided so much its become boring to defend it. Its the regions decision to not have a founder but then they have to accept the fact they'll get raided a lot.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:38 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:Its the regions decision to not have a founder but then they have to accept the fact they'll get raided a lot.

I ... don't even know what to say.
If everybody followed this logic I doubt defending would even exist >_>
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:16 am

Really? It would just mean the warzones would be used more and the feeders/sinkers would become daily targets :P TRR would be massive.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:32 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:Really? It would just mean the warzones would be used more and the feeders/sinkers would become daily targets :P TRR would be massive.

No. I didn't say that raiding wouldn't exist.
Regions would still be raided. But they would be left alone because "they were asking for it" :P
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Frattastan wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:Really? It would just mean the warzones would be used more and the feeders/sinkers would become daily targets :P TRR would be massive.

No. I didn't say that raiding wouldn't exist.
Regions would still be raided. But they would be left alone because "they were asking for it" :P

It's NationStates's Just World Theory. :roll:
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Er....

That and Stargate was been around longer than most raiders....

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Casl wrote:Er....

That and Stargate was been around longer than most raiders....

Do we care?

Age of region doesn't count for much. It's a juicy target. Saying that you are "old and experienced" won't get you better protection
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Canp
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Canp » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:58 pm

The only way to get defence is to be a raider region, derp.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Canp wrote:The only way to get defence is to be a raider region, derp.

Not even.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Canp wrote:The only way to get defence is to be a raider region, derp.

Not even.

^This

I get really annoyed when people who don't partake in the Raider/Defender Conflict try to explain to us how it works.

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:03 pm

We made a deal with the UDL, OH WAIT they don't have the man power to defend 20 nation plus raids!

The only way to never get raided is to be a raider region... Unless TITO decides its just to raid you.

Either way as a founderless region your totally and completely doomed to the R/D game even if you want no part in it.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Casl wrote:We made a deal with the UDL, OH WAIT they don't have the man power to defend 20 nation plus raids!

It's not their fault. It's hard to find 50 updaters. We poured in loads of non-updaters. Maybe if Hammond had more than 2 edorsements, they would have had a chance. Stop blaming UDL for something that is not their fault.

The only way to never get raided is to be a raider region... Unless TITO decides its just to raid you.

Get a founder. Problem solved
and you should stop making stereotypical remarks about defender groups. You have no experience in R/D, this is obvious. So stop making your supposedly "witty" remarks about it.

Either way as a founderless region your totally and completely doomed to the R/D game even if you want no part in it.

The Feeders, The Sinkers, Capitolist Paradise, Nationstates, Grand Central, Canada. etc.

There are plenty of founderless regions out there that are doing just fine. Better to say is being founderless, with a large population, and nobody endorsing the delegate.

Portugal is founderless, 90+ nations, and only 13 endorsements and even they are fine.
Please learn something about R/D before you post statements like that and try to pass them as fact.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Casl wrote:We made a deal with the UDL, OH WAIT they don't have the man power to defend 20 nation plus raids!
Stargate is/was a region of more than 40 nations. Your delegate had 2 endos. 2. This is gross negligence by you and your region. I'd love the UDL to have the manpower to fight off raids the size of Stargate, TPC etc. but this will never happen if you aren't willing to take some responsibility and secure your region as best you can, either by ensuring your delegate has enough endos to make raiding Stargate very difficult, or getting a founder.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Lawrencium II
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lawrencium II » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Not my fault, those 40 nations was more like 23....

And yes i was in the R/d game for a while, but you forget to realize NOBODY WANTS TO REFOUND THE REGION and we don't have enough people to get more than 2 endos because everyone in stargate is chronically INACTIVE other than me Baal and hammond...

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Lawrencium II wrote:Not my fault, those 40 nations was more like 23....

And yes i was in the R/d game for a while, but you forget to realize NOBODY WANTS TO REFOUND THE REGION and we don't have enough people to get more than 2 endos because everyone in stargate is chronically INACTIVE other than me Baal and hammond...

Then stop bitching when you're raided.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Cromarty wrote:
Lawrencium II wrote:Not my fault, those 40 nations was more like 23....

Then stop bitching when you're raided.

And despite all the complaining... General Hammond now only has 3 endos as opposed to two! :clap:

he might even have had that endo before. Seriously, Casl, do you even have a WA nation?

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:21 pm

The sad thing is that I love this show...
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:22 pm

He had 4 before Mahaj, i withdrew mine after the raid because Pelispia was growing fast, then it tanked and now that nation is Canl.

:D Yay Stargate lovers!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Then stop bitching when you're raided.

And despite all the complaining... General Hammond now only has 3 endos as opposed to two! :clap:

he might even have had that endo before. Seriously, Casl, do you even have a WA nation?

Yes he does. But he changed it because he lost hope in Stargate's chances for liberation. Instead he moved it to go help build some other region WITH A FOUNDER

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Casl wrote:He had 4 before Mahaj, i withdrew mine after the raid because Pelispia was growing fast, then it tanked and now that nation is Canl.

I've defended and liberated it before. I might've even been delegate for one of them, I can't remember. It's an old region.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Casl wrote:He had 4 before Mahaj, i withdrew mine after the raid because Pelispia was growing fast, then it tanked and now that nation is Canl.

I've defended and liberated it before. I might've even been delegate for one of them, I can't remember. It's an old region.

1) Welcome back :)
2) Wow... how many times has Stargate gotten hit?

Canp
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Canp » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Er over its whole life i would say collectively around 100, and in large raids that lasted a long time i would say 10-12 and for destructive raids where everyone was banjected... 1-2

Im no expert but from the raids in recent history that makes sense.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay