NATION

PASSWORD

Jakker Versus Unibot

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Jakker Versus Unibot

Postby Jakker » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 pm

I, a Field Marshal of The Black Hawks, hereby challenge Unibot to see who has a better 2012. This is not a declaration of war as raiders and defenders are always at war. This is an open challenge for Unibot and all fendas of UDL to accomplish more in 2012 than myself and The Black Hawks. This challenge is extended to all raiders and all fendas, but I figure putting faces to this would make things more interesting.

I think this game deserves a show this year, so let's give it to them. Let us bring the raider/fenda battle to the next level.

I promise I will bring my A game this year and bring raiding to greater heights. I hope fendas will do the same for defending.

Jakker versues Unibot.
Let's do this.
Last edited by Jakker on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:38 pm

You get him Jak!
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Should be interesting.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Mahaj wrote:Should be interesting.

Why? This 'challenge' is totally indefinable.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Eist wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Should be interesting.

I know.

It was a polite thing to say.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Eist wrote:

I know.

It was a polite thing to say.

haha well it is vague in a sense, yes.

But for myself and other raiders, it's saying raid bigger and better. For Uni and defenders, it's saying be alert and defend your hearts out.

Laugh now, but I promise this year will be interesting. :D
Last edited by Jakker on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Um, since no one objectively "wins" in NS... the definition of what is successful is completely arbitrary and this could end very messy with both sides claiming victory. However, I can guarantee you, Jakker, you will have more raids than me next year and will be a more successful raider.

That having been said, I don't like to let people down. I accept your challenge. Have a good one, Jakker.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:16 am

Could hold a game of war, where each grabs a warzone and then tries to grab the warzone of the opposing party :P

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:37 am

Unibot II wrote:Um, since no one objectively "wins" in NS... the definition of what is successful is completely arbitrary and this could will definitely end very messy with both sides claiming victory and arguing for weeks on end about it. However, I can guarantee you, Jakker, you will have more raids than me next year and will be a more successful raider.

That having been said, I don't like to let people down. I accept your challenge. Have a good one, Jakker.

-Carta-
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Carta- » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:38 am

Unibot II wrote:Um, since no one objectively "wins" in NS [...]

The quote in your signature argues otherwise. :P
Last edited by -Carta- on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marina and The Diamonds
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marina and The Diamonds » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:06 am

This should be fun.
~ Lady of Mystery ~
Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads. ~ Erica Jong
Also Known as Jamie Anumia

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:26 am

No, this should be boring. Both side will claim victory and the only thing its done its put Uni and Jak as "Faces" in raiding/defending.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:58 am

Crazy girl wrote:Could hold a game of war, where each grabs a warzone and then tries to grab the warzone of the opposing party :P

That would be fun.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:01 am

Wait wait wait.

Jacker Verses Unibot?

There once was a raider named Jakker
Who claimed that "I am not a slacker!"
And, proving that claim
Logged into the game
And posted as a talking-smacker.

...oh, never mind, "versues."

:p
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:No, this should be boring. Both side will claim victory and the only thing its done its put Uni and Jak as "Faces" in raiding/defending.

I didn't do this for there to be a "winner". Although it's true that both sides will claim "victory" when everything is all said and done, winning isn't my prime goal. My prime goal is for both sides to do more. It's hard for raiders to get a lot of numbers for an update raid. Well then, I challenge us to try and make that happen. It's hard for defenders to liberate region with a lot of endorsements, but I challenge them to do it. However, if the defenders truly do some great things, I will be the first to tell them.

This game could use some real entertainment. I know this challenge is out there, but I want to give people something to talk about.

Also, since the Olympics are this year, maybe we can set up some events such as the one CG suggested?
Last edited by Jakker on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop

Nexexen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 14, 2007
Conservative Democracy

Postby Nexexen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Crazy girl wrote:Could hold a game of war, where each grabs a warzone and then tries to grab the warzone of the opposing party :P

That would be fun.

It's like our own NS capture-the-flag game! Could make for a nice pastime while on NationStates. Or a nice judge of this little... well... big competition.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Nexexen wrote:
Mahaj wrote:That would be fun.

It's like our own NS capture-the-flag game! Could make for a nice pastime while on NationStates. Or a nice judge of this little... well... big competition.

The Flag

Capture The Flag.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Nexexen wrote:It's like our own NS capture-the-flag game! Could make for a nice pastime while on NationStates. Or a nice judge of this little... well... big competition.

The Flag

Capture The Flag.

Dibs. Should've made the founder non-executive.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Mahaj wrote:The Flag

Capture The Flag.

Dibs. Should've made the founder non-executive.

No. This way I can prevent a refounding and keep the game going.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Or we could use the official Warzones?

You get a point for each day you hold each Warzones. So if you claim 3 Warzones you get 3 points a day.

Edit Jakker: I'm sure Unibot contributes much more to NS, he's also one of the biggest faces in the WA. By your total non presence there doesn't you to automatically lose since you aren't getting the most out of the game? Unless you dominate the RP forums....
Last edited by Warzone Codger on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:No, this should be boring. Both side will claim victory and the only thing its done its put Uni and Jak as "Faces" in raiding/defending.

DYP wins! :bow:

No, *srsly*, the Hawks will own the Bots. Go Hawks!

lol, feels like some kind of (awful) sports game... :p
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm

North East Somerset wrote:

DYP wins! :bow:

No, *srsly*, the Hawks will own the Bots. Go Hawks!

lol, feels like some kind of (awful) sports game... :p

Well you're a terrible basketball team. We don't exist, we can be however good we want to be!

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:25 pm

The warzones is a good idea but what will really happen is a small group from each side will actually participate and the rest will keep doing the same old stuff. If a lot of raiders join in the games then defenders will take a break, if a lot of defenders join in then raiders will go after a high value target and ruin the fun :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:The warzones is a good idea but what will really happen is a small group from each side will actually participate and the rest will keep doing the same old stuff. If a lot of raiders join in the games then defenders will take a break, if a lot of defenders join in then raiders will go after a high value target and ruin the fun :P

You're not gonna trick me into leaving my flag. It's mine now.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

New Bazlantis
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bazlantis » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:30 pm

-Carta- wrote:
Unibot II wrote:Um, since no one objectively "wins" in NS [...]

The quote in your signature argues otherwise. :P

:clap:

My thoughts exactly...

UNIBOT DIED FOR YOUR SINS: REPENT!

Next