NATION

PASSWORD

Why do my country have "punitive tax"

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Holaloperho
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Why do my country have "punitive tax"

Postby Holaloperho » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20 pm

My region have only a tax rate of 54% and yet it already say I have a punitive tax rate
That doesn't make sense :blink:
It is painful to know too much;
yet I always keen to know more.

Please join the region of Sanctuary, we provide protection for nations that have been ejected and banned because their region have been invaded.
Thank you :)

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 pm

pu·ni·tive/ˈpyo͞onətiv/
Adjective:
1. Inflicting or intended as punishment.
2. (of a tax or other charge) Extremely high.

54% is extremely high.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Holaloperho
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holaloperho » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:
pu·ni·tive/ˈpyo͞onətiv/
Adjective:
1. Inflicting or intended as punishment.
2. (of a tax or other charge) Extremely high.

54% is extremely high.

Not really, in places such as Canada and other Scandinavian country, their tax rate can go up to 70 %
It is painful to know too much;
yet I always keen to know more.

Please join the region of Sanctuary, we provide protection for nations that have been ejected and banned because their region have been invaded.
Thank you :)

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Holaloperho wrote:
54% is extremely high.

Not really, in places such as Canada and other Scandinavian country, their tax rate can go up to 70 %

So, 54% is still really high.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:36 am

Holaloperho wrote:
54% is extremely high.

That's still very high, because remember while in the countries you listed it can go up to 70%, assuming for the highest income earner, your 54% tax rate is the average for most everyday people.

Again, it's up to you and what you want to do. If you provide government services from healthcare to welfare, and the people are satisfied, then 54% isn't bad. As you pointed out, people in Nordic countries are happy and they pay high taxes. I can't really say much more without letting my personal bias slip in even more, so again, it just depends what you're looking for from the state/government.

Hope that helps!

Respectfully Yours,

Mike the Progressive
Last edited by Mike the Progressive on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tulija
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tulija » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:24 pm

I've had some issue with taxes - for example, allowing scientists to continue cloning research has raised it by 3%. It's seemingly working of it's own accord and rising steadily even in matters which aren't explicitly government spending. Without a tax cuts issue, I can only watch in 'horror' as my economy is restricted more. Any ideas/throughts?
Look up my Factbook, it's snazzy
THE UNITED PROVINCES OF TULIJA
Tulija is a Great Power, renowned for its liberal culture and technocratic governance. It is a world leader in several areas (education, social mobility, HDI, GDP, lack of corruption, public services, technology, secularism etc.) and maintains an excellently equipped and trained military. Regularly topping lists of most desirable locations to live in, its freedoms and economic success are largely unparalleled. Internationally, its foreign policy holds substantial sway. If it were real:
Caeruleus wrote:It would be by far the best country in the world
GDP per Capita = $51,461
Unemployment = 3.2%
Inflation = 1.8%
HDI = 0.988
₳1 = $1.95
Head of State:
The Rt. Hon. Arch Minister, Arthur Kaylor

Factbook!

Vagabundas
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vagabundas » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Tulija wrote:I've had some issue with taxes - for example, allowing scientists to continue cloning research has raised it by 3%. It's seemingly working of it's own accord and rising steadily even in matters which aren't explicitly government spending. Without a tax cuts issue, I can only watch in 'horror' as my economy is restricted more. Any ideas/throughts?

Usually in some issues you should take a look in every part of sentences because you usually those supporters of clone research ( and any other issue) usually tell you to subsidise their activities and this could be expensive. If you want lower taxes, you should cut expenditures and dismiss some issues as Nationstates only allow you to have balanced-budgets...
King Mark III

Prime-Minister: Henrique Rodrigues da Mota aka HRM

Royal Cabinet of the Constitutional Monarchy of Vagabundas:
Deputy Prime-Minister: William Layton
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Claude Vontrammp
Minister of the Economy: Júlio Montenegra
Minister of Social Security: John Bridges
Minister of Education and Culture: Julia Windelhanm
Minister of Infraestructure: Arthur Virencio
Minister of Defense: Lord H.K. Camphbell
Minister of Labor and Employment: Lady Kate Hoffmann
Minister of Transportation: Fernando Kavadiña
Minister of Environment: Luisa P. Castro
President of the UHS (Unified Health System): Dr. Jorge Varella
Secretary of Sports: Jefferson Doyle

Walrusfolk Eurarcta
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusfolk Eurarcta » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Holaloperho wrote:
54% is extremely high.

Yeah, maybe, but that is normally only on the wealthy. But that 54$ is your AVERAGE tax rate.

That essentially means that your government steals over half of what each average citizen owns.
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=137019
Seriousness is a Sin to my people! RP-ing a very erratically cultured people, bound to cause conflict somehow. I am RP-ing a race of walrus-people. If you do not like this fact, then just imagine them as jolly fat people with mustaches. It's basically the same thing anyway.
Madness is the Key. Arson should be legalized, and robbing stagecoaches is good for the economy.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay