NATION

PASSWORD

Private Versus Public

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
The Multiversal Species Alliance
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Private Versus Public

Postby The Multiversal Species Alliance » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Which would be better for the nation as a whole to have consist of the economy, either whole or in part, the private sector or the public sector, in your opinion?
Perhaps make a list of advantages and disadvantages for the private and public sectors, respectively?
In regards to RP,see my factbook:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_ ... l=factbook
My nation absolutely DOES represent my beliefs.
my author avatar: Garious, who's based on the author of this nation

Telegrams welcome.

Holaloperho
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holaloperho » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Generally, if a country's economy is made out of private sector, it is more robust then a economy system make up of public sector
But there is exception though
It is painful to know too much;
yet I always keen to know more.

Please join the region of Sanctuary, we provide protection for nations that have been ejected and banned because their region have been invaded.
Thank you :)

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:14 pm

As Holaloperho said, the private market means more efficiency, faster growth, and diversity. However, the public sector, if continually funded and increased, creates a large GDP for your country. The problem is that it's artificial and your consumer spending is either very low or non-existent, as most of your worker's wagers are going towards taxes. There are exceptions, of course.

I should clarify that I am basing this off the NS Calculator, which may or may not be accurate (it's debatable and there are a half a dozen or so other ones).

Hope that helps!

Respectfully Yours,

Mike the Progressive

Return to Gameplay