NATION

PASSWORD

NS History: You've Got Questions, We've Got Answers!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Minoa
Senator
 
Posts: 4206
Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Hola, I am currently working on a timeline of delegates of all feeder and sinker regions on NSindex, and I wish for help to complete the task and improve the timelines: so far I have added data for The Pacific, Balder, Osiris and The Rejected Realms.

The sources for information mainly consist of NSHistory by NewTexas, and official records. Only records for Balder and Osiris are complete since they were created after NationStates started recording regional history.

Side question: when exactly did NationStates start recording regional history?
Last edited by Minoa on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madame A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

User avatar
Altmoras
Diplomat
 
Posts: 662
Founded: Jan 25, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:42 am

Minoa wrote:Hola, I am currently working on a timeline of delegates of all feeder and sinker regions on NSindex, and I wish for help to complete the task and improve the timelines: so far I have added data for The Pacific, Balder, Osiris and The Rejected Realms.

The sources for information mainly consist of NSHistory by NewTexas, and official records. Only records for Balder and Osiris are complete since they were created after NationStates started recording regional history.

Side question: when exactly did NationStates start recording regional history?


viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4498&p=682723#p682723

The Regional History page was added on September 29th 2009, or I suppose it was the 30th in server time.
Last edited by Altmoras on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warden-Commander of The Order of the Grey Wardens
Proud native of Hell.
Speaker of the Assembly of The Rejected Realms.

User avatar
Deadeye Jack
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 169
Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Deadeye Jack » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:50 am

Minoa wrote:Hola, I am currently working on a timeline of delegates of all feeder and sinker regions on NSindex, and I wish for help to complete the task and improve the timelines: so far I have added data for The Pacific, Balder, Osiris and The Rejected Realms.

The sources for information mainly consist of NSHistory by NewTexas, and official records. Only records for Balder and Osiris are complete since they were created after NationStates started recording regional history.

Side question: when exactly did NationStates start recording regional history?


You might also want to reach out to some of those regions. TRR, for example, has taken an interest in its delegate history and has done work filling in who was delegate when. I imagine a lot of these other GCRs have made similar efforts.

User avatar
Darkesia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 732
Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:34 pm

TWP has a list, if you are interested.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1022734
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.

Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2014
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Minoa wrote:Hola, I am currently working on a timeline of delegates of all feeder and sinker regions on NSindex, and I wish for help to complete the task and improve the timelines: so far I have added data for The Pacific, Balder, Osiris and The Rejected Realms.

The sources for information mainly consist of NSHistory by NewTexas, and official records. Only records for Balder and Osiris are complete since they were created after NationStates started recording regional history.

It looks like you have the gameside information from Osiris, but if you're interested in a somewhat more complete picture of who was who (for example, Detective Figs was actually the nation for three separate Pharaohs), you can find Osiris' official list of Pharaohs here. It should be noted that this list has governmental dates, not gameside dates. So, for example, Douria's term in office is listed as ending the day he stopped being Pharaoh according to Osiris' government at the time, not the day he stopped being gameside Delegate. That date was later, as he staged a month long coup after his term was over.

I have no idea if you're at all interested in Vice Delegates, but Osiris has a list of those too, here.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
President of the Republic of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

Join the only free, democratic, and non-authoritarian Pacifica in NationStates!

User avatar
Roavin
Diplomat
 
Posts: 929
Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Roavin » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:19 am

RoavinPrime Minister of the South Pacific
(and somebody that has to behave in public again)....

“Better die a Cormac than live an Onder.”

NS Coders Discord | I am a LOLcat | Former First Warden of TGW | mā pango, mā whero ka oti te mahi

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5543
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:23 am

Minoa wrote:Hola, I am currently working on a timeline of delegates of all feeder and sinker regions on NSindex, and I wish for help to complete the task and improve the timelines: so far I have added data for The Pacific, Balder, Osiris and The Rejected Realms.

The sources for information mainly consist of NSHistory by NewTexas, and official records. Only records for Balder and Osiris are complete since they were created after NationStates started recording regional history.

Side question: when exactly did NationStates start recording regional history?


Here’s my Pacific timeline (it’s more complete):

Psychology: XXXX - March 18 2003*
Ediview: March 18 2003* - XXXX
Sudetenland: - XXXX - XXXX
--- The order of Psychology, Ediview, and Sudetenland is not yet known. ---
InfernoIce: XXXX - May 8 2003.
The Wold: May 8 - May 11 2003.
Jell-O: May 11 - May 16 2003.
-Ukraine- : May 16 - May 21 2003.
Olongapo: May 21 - June 25 2003.*
TheDoc: June 25* - Aug 1 2003.
The Savage Lands: Aug 1 - Aug 14 2003.
TheDoc: Aug 14 - Aug 18 2003.
The Savage Lands: Aug 18 - Aug 20 2003.
TheDoc: Aug 20 - Aug 28 2003.
Francos Spain: Aug 28 - Sept 7 2003.
InfernoIce: Sept 8 - Sept 9 2003.
Francos Spain: Sept 9 - Sept 21 2003.
Poskrebyshev: Sept 21 - Oct 08 2003.
Francos Spain: Oct 08 - Dec 11 2003.
Poskrebyshev: Dec 11 2003 - Jan 25 2004.
Francos Spain: Jan 25 - July 11 2004.
Poskrebyshev: July 11 - Aug 08 2004.
Unlimited: Aug 08 2004 - July 16 2005.
Mammothistan: July 16 2005 - Jan 05 2006.
Unlimited: Jan 05 - Mar 05 2006.
BlackAdder: Mar 05 2006 - June 12 2006. ***
Pierconium: June 12 2006 - Oct 24 2006.
Moo-cows with guns: Oct 24 2006 - May 16 2009.
Krulltopia: May 16 2009 - August 9, 2015.
Pierconium: August 9 2015 - August 13 2016.
Aleisyr: August 13 2016 -
*These are reasonable estimations.
*** Apr 12 - Apr 20, Pierconium maintained BlackAdder's account.


The TRR Historical Society has a more complete early TRR timeline. TNP’s Delegate history is recorded on-site in a dispatch - although I’m skeptical of the timing of the earliest delegates.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Pierconium
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1125
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:14 am

I also took the Delegacy for about a week or two in early 2007 in the middle of Moo’s reign to correspond with one of my retirements from the game. I purged the Pacific to smaller than TRR during that period. I think Todd has a post about it around here somewhere.
Consul of the Pacific

Tyrant (Ret.)


Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Senator
 
Posts: 3798
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:21 am

Pierconium wrote:I also took the Delegacy for about a week or two in early 2007 in the middle of Moo’s reign to correspond with one of my retirements from the game. I purged the Pacific to smaller than TRR during that period. I think Todd has a post about it around here somewhere.

We need more random purges
Osiris Vizier of WA AffairsDee Vytherov-SkollvaldrGameplay Ambassador of ForestLieutenant in The Black HawksRecruitment and Outreach Director of Lazarus

User avatar
Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 9236
Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 pm


Just for historical fun, Devonitians was controlled by Sedgistan. Not sure if he had a co pilot working with him. The Milo coup was of course Milo, JAL, me, and for about five minutes Tramiar/Bri.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Major and Field Marshal of The Black Hawks
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Jakker, Tal, and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: "I don't think chatting with someone over the Internet about casual topics falls under faithful or unfaithful. :<"

User avatar
Minoa
Senator
 
Posts: 4206
Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Here is what I have done for The South Pacific, merging three timelines from NSDossier, the official dispatch, and official NS records (from 30 September 2009 onwards). I believe that minor differences in the dates are due to time zone variations, which means that for a part each day, the date in Vancouver is a day behind of London.

I think the layout could form the basis for other feeder/sinker timelines, with adjustments according to system of government, but it is going to take a long time when doing it alone. :(
Madame A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5543
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:08 pm

Minoa wrote:Here is what I have done for The South Pacific, merging three timelines from NSDossier, the official dispatch, and official NS records (from 30 September 2009 onwards). I believe that minor differences in the dates are due to time zone variations, which means that for a part each day, the date in Vancouver is a day behind of London.

I think the layout could form the basis for other feeder/sinker timelines, with adjustments according to system of government, but it is going to take a long time when doing it alone. :(


This looks nice but there was at least one earlier recorded delegate, Stoned Smurfs - I think was his name. Kringalia actually did an interview with him - TSP’s first Delegate!
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Nakarisaune
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1704
Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:55 am

It's Bong Load.
"Any anon puppet is automatically Nakari until proven otherwise" - Malphe
"Nakari is the answer" - Koth
"UPDATE RESHUFFLED HOLY F***********" - Nakari

User avatar
Minoa
Senator
 
Posts: 4206
Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:02 am

I take that the first three delegates of The South Pacific are: Bong Load, Katland, and Killer Monkeys.
Madame A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5543
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:It's Bong Load.


Thanks! I couldn't remember what it was.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5543
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:29 pm

Kringalia wrote:
Unibot III wrote:TSP might be interested in this gem from BlackAdder, it confirms a lot of chronology that we already suspected about TSP's history. Bong Load was the first delegate, Jan 01 2003 with twenty endorsements.

I can't stress how amazing you are for finding this. I knew about Bong Load and Katland, but I didn't know there was so much history during and right after their delegacies! This is truly amazing.


Here is a post from BlackAdder above, that I found discussing the first few delegacies of TSP.

I'll post a transcript here in case anything ever happens to TEP forums (I hope not.)

I never served as delegate. I always found the shadow warfare more satisfying. That having been said much was done as a result of 'silent' guidance.

SP histoire from Jan '03 on.

1st delegate was Bong Load. SP had 20 000 nations and he had 20 endorsements. Someone came up with the bright idea of endorsement swapping at that point which I immediately identified as the single most dangerous thing in terms of preserving any semblance of democracy in this game. Violet ignored my warnings and then had the gall to be surprised when endorsements ranged up into the 800+ range. I get ahead however.

Bong Load was usurped by Katland in two way fight between Katland and New Ali. Katland survived about a week until as a result of some screaming (apparently I was loudest *giggle*) Killer Monkeys took over. It was very stable under him and it was for the most part peaceful due to the SPMDA. This was formed by myself, United Humanity, Corwell, Nexiconia, Flying Pigs and of course Goddessness. We were on the outside a RP alliance but in actuality more covert intel. We identifed all threats to the leadership and the region. Heartland assistance from the SP is due solely to our efforts. At one point we had 15 nations in there. All we got for our efforts was short shrift and insult from Killer Monkeys. While we were busy helping Ineptia New Ali who was AA got the support needed to take the SP. Right around the time ejection control came in and with alot of help from the AA. This pissed us off entirely and we bounced his arse (New Ali) out of there and became a thorn in the AA's side forever more. When I heard they expired I felt like pissing on the collective grave I was so happy. KM decided at that point we weren't as mercenary as he thought and tried to absorb us as part of the new government under his control. We said piss off unless we get some power. He refused so I immediately set to work getting him turfed and Goddessness installed. Success.

Goddessness laid the foundations for what the SP is today but it was far more Republican Rome in nature, we weren't interested in the very dangerous freedom they all flirt with there today. Then the game glitch happened. She lost over 400 endorsements in one day, rules on ejections were still very unclear. XYZ affair became delegate as a result, a week later the ejections were happening wholesale. Moderation couldn't be bothered until it was pointed out the delegate was delegate due to a game malfunction. Neut said he'd take care of it and never did earning my eternal dislike. I was there as Black Adder and got my first taste of the Rejected Realms. Fathoms below became delegate after and ejected XYZ.

Fathoms below was bizarre and I still don't know what happened. They were idle for 3 days then all of a sudden they self ejected in the RR and ejected a ton of other people too. Alpha C ended up delegate then. Another !@#$@ AA member, I managed to get his UN membership stripped after discovering he was TM'ing me from the same terminal as Desert Rose. Nice having a Mod as a delegate. LR felt the sting on that one too, DR was TMing me as LR too apparently. Silly thing must learn not to piss me off. I can't remember who took next but it was for all of a couple of days. They got stripped for having multis. Then it was LR. Ackbar and I made her life miserable because she was AA and it wouldn't have stopped until she left which she did. We did make plans to make a run for the delegacy based on the fact I was still remembered but it didn't really appeal to me. I'm sure LR can fill in for herself.

Thing that always makes me laugh is your people honestly believe sometimes that the gov't there was carved by them. All they did was just pick up where we left off. There was a constitution and a structure already in place. I prosecuted XYZ for what they did using NS rules, Silentica was the Supreme Magistrate. He got a raw deal. He did the initial codifying and then all the new kids froze him out. Shame really, he's a lawyer in DC-would've been a real bonus for you.





Here's a timeline for you, Charlotte, for the early TEP timeline. From my TEP Anatomy of the Coup lecture.

- Hitler the Great (May have been delegate of TEP after its creation, sometime between April 21-27 2003.)
- Reubenlucy (Routinely delegate, between April 21 - May 11 2003)
Unclear who was delegate of TEP on May 05 after the fall of the Iraq invasion - Reubenlucy is not delegate on May 05, but none of the other likely options are delegate on either May 05 or May 06.
- Heinekenbier (May 11 - May 12 2003)

--- Farker invasion begins ---

- Lothlanderamore (May 12 2003 - May 31 2003)

--- TEP was made a GCR on (approx) May 15 2003 ---

- One Infinite Loop (May 31 2003 - June 08 2003)
- PapalExhibitionism (June 08 2003 - June 08 2003), Deleted (Multis)
- One Infinite Loop (June 08 2003 - ....)

_______________________________________________________________

Reubenlucy, Heinekenbier, and Lothlanderamore are the only pre-GCR TEP delegates that are corroborated and documented. Hitler the Great seems very likely, however - and often assumed. One Infinite Loop often said he took the delegacy on May 25, but this is impossible - it's more likely a date between May 28 and May 31.
Last edited by Unibot III on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
NS Hong Kong
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Dec 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Hong Kong » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:23 am

What was the NLO (New Lazarene Order)?

User avatar
Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 392
Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:48 pm

NS Hong Kong wrote:What was the NLO (New Lazarene Order)?


The name of the New Pacific Order backed coup government that overthrew the already NPO-dominated People's Republic of Lazarus (PRL).

They attempted to transition Lazarus from an NPO "puppet state" to outright territory fully subservient to The Pacific.
Last edited by Killer Kitty on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pierconium
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1125
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 am

Killer Kitty wrote:
NS Hong Kong wrote:What was the NLO (New Lazarene Order)?


The name of the New Pacific Order backed coup government that overthrew the already NPO-dominated People's Republic of Lazarus (PRL).

They attempted to transition Lazarus from an NPO "puppet state" to outright territory fully subservient to The Pacific.

This is generally correct. Some in the NPO took what was already a good working relationship and decided to make it stupid by forcing joint forums and joint government. This led to a lot of hurt feelings and the perpetrators decided to continue instigating actions against Lazarus leading to (I believe) two more coups and several subversion attempts.
Consul of the Pacific

Tyrant (Ret.)


Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

User avatar
The blAAtschApen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 51668
Founded: Antiquity
Forumer Mod

Postby The blAAtschApen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:38 am

Unibot III wrote:
Kringalia wrote:I can't stress how amazing you are for finding this. I knew about Bong Load and Katland, but I didn't know there was so much history during and right after their delegacies! This is truly amazing.


Here is a post from BlackAdder above, that I found discussing the first few delegacies of TSP.

I'll post a transcript here in case anything ever happens to TEP forums (I hope not.)

I never served as delegate. I always found the shadow warfare more satisfying. That having been said much was done as a result of 'silent' guidance.

SP histoire from Jan '03 on.

1st delegate was Bong Load. SP had 20 000 nations and he had 20 endorsements. Someone came up with the bright idea of endorsement swapping at that point which I immediately identified as the single most dangerous thing in terms of preserving any semblance of democracy in this game. Violet ignored my warnings and then had the gall to be surprised when endorsements ranged up into the 800+ range. I get ahead however.

Bong Load was usurped by Katland in two way fight between Katland and New Ali. Katland survived about a week until as a result of some screaming (apparently I was loudest *giggle*) Killer Monkeys took over. It was very stable under him and it was for the most part peaceful due to the SPMDA. This was formed by myself, United Humanity, Corwell, Nexiconia, Flying Pigs and of course Goddessness. We were on the outside a RP alliance but in actuality more covert intel. We identifed all threats to the leadership and the region. Heartland assistance from the SP is due solely to our efforts. At one point we had 15 nations in there. All we got for our efforts was short shrift and insult from Killer Monkeys. While we were busy helping Ineptia New Ali who was AA got the support needed to take the SP. Right around the time ejection control came in and with alot of help from the AA. This pissed us off entirely and we bounced his arse (New Ali) out of there and became a thorn in the AA's side forever more. When I heard they expired I felt like pissing on the collective grave I was so happy. KM decided at that point we weren't as mercenary as he thought and tried to absorb us as part of the new government under his control. We said piss off unless we get some power. He refused so I immediately set to work getting him turfed and Goddessness installed. Success.

Goddessness laid the foundations for what the SP is today but it was far more Republican Rome in nature, we weren't interested in the very dangerous freedom they all flirt with there today. Then the game glitch happened. She lost over 400 endorsements in one day, rules on ejections were still very unclear. XYZ affair became delegate as a result, a week later the ejections were happening wholesale. Moderation couldn't be bothered until it was pointed out the delegate was delegate due to a game malfunction. Neut said he'd take care of it and never did earning my eternal dislike. I was there as Black Adder and got my first taste of the Rejected Realms. Fathoms below became delegate after and ejected XYZ.

Fathoms below was bizarre and I still don't know what happened. They were idle for 3 days then all of a sudden they self ejected in the RR and ejected a ton of other people too. Alpha C ended up delegate then. Another !@#$@ AA member, I managed to get his UN membership stripped after discovering he was TM'ing me from the same terminal as Desert Rose. Nice having a Mod as a delegate. LR felt the sting on that one too, DR was TMing me as LR too apparently. Silly thing must learn not to piss me off. I can't remember who took next but it was for all of a couple of days. They got stripped for having multis. Then it was LR. Ackbar and I made her life miserable because she was AA and it wouldn't have stopped until she left which she did. We did make plans to make a run for the delegacy based on the fact I was still remembered but it didn't really appeal to me. I'm sure LR can fill in for herself.

Thing that always makes me laugh is your people honestly believe sometimes that the gov't there was carved by them. All they did was just pick up where we left off. There was a constitution and a structure already in place. I prosecuted XYZ for what they did using NS rules, Silentica was the Supreme Magistrate. He got a raw deal. He did the initial codifying and then all the new kids froze him out. Shame really, he's a lawyer in DC-would've been a real bonus for you.





Here's a timeline for you, Charlotte, for the early TEP timeline. From my TEP Anatomy of the Coup lecture.

- Hitler the Great (May have been delegate of TEP after its creation, sometime between April 21-27 2003.)
- Reubenlucy (Routinely delegate, between April 21 - May 11 2003)
Unclear who was delegate of TEP on May 05 after the fall of the Iraq invasion - Reubenlucy is not delegate on May 05, but none of the other likely options are delegate on either May 05 or May 06.
- Heinekenbier (May 11 - May 12 2003)

--- Farker invasion begins ---

- Lothlanderamore (May 12 2003 - May 31 2003)

--- TEP was made a GCR on (approx) May 15 2003 ---

- One Infinite Loop (May 31 2003 - June 08 2003)
- PapalExhibitionism (June 08 2003 - June 08 2003), Deleted (Multis)
- One Infinite Loop (June 08 2003 - ....)

_______________________________________________________________

Reubenlucy, Heinekenbier, and Lothlanderamore are the only pre-GCR TEP delegates that are corroborated and documented. Hitler the Great seems very likely, however - and often assumed. One Infinite Loop often said he took the delegacy on May 25, but this is impossible - it's more likely a date between May 28 and May 31.


Heinekenbier :)

The player behind it still plays, as HC Eredivisie.

And yes, another Dutchie 8)
Former mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Ghost Land
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 367
Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:44 am

Is this "One Infinite Loop" guy any relation to the currently extant 1 Infinite Loop, who is also notable in his own right? At first when I saw it, I thought it was a typo.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Conservative libertarian
Pro: Republican Party, Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, abortion, gay marriage, gun control, #MeToo, communism, forced diversity, SJWs

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5543
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:45 am

Heinekenbier :)

The player behind it still plays, as HC Eredivisie.


It's so funny... so I was doing research for Anatomy of the Coup and contacted HC Eredivisie in connection with another dutch AA member for a background info, and then soon learned, wait... this guy knows Heinekenbier... this guy is Heinekenbier... I had managed to cold call, the last AA TEP delegate, and the second last pre-GCR TEP delegate, based purely on an informed hunch.

It was the breakthrough that carried Anatomy of the Coup forth to the essay that was written - I was in a rut with a lot of dead ends before I talked with HC Eredivisie. After I spoke with Heinekenbier, I knew I had to complete the Anatomy lecture, which up until then had been a real pain because very little of the historical record on it was factual. What also assisted me was discovering the original AA forum was still alive and the page=list_nations for TEP had been captured by Wayback Archives; that, and the interviews with Westwind, HC Eredivisie, and a surviving Farker helped direct me where I needed to go.

Ghost Land wrote:Is this "One Infinite Loop" guy any relation to the currently extant 1 Infinite Loop, who is also notable in his own right? At first when I saw it, I thought it was a typo.


Yes, same guy. He has puppets with both. And I use the name interchangeably. He's a long time delegate of the East Pacific and before that, a prominent invader with 'the Farkers'. The Farkers invaded a UCR in May 2003 called 'the East Pacific' and basically got spectacularly lucky: TEP became a GCR about three days after their occupation of TEP began. The invader lead started punting any UN Nation that was founded in TEP, and passed the delegacy to Loop, a fellow Farker, who kept the delegacy for years and transitioned the invasion into a legitimate government called the Confederacy of the East Pacific.

The details of this story are in my third Anatomy of the Coup lecture.
Last edited by Unibot III on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Partizan Herm
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Nov 23, 2018
Conservative Democracy

Postby Partizan Herm » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:53 am

Why was the Roman Empire blacklisted, and for what

User avatar
Frattastan IV
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 106
Founded: Sep 02, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan IV » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 am

Partizan Herm wrote:Why was the Roman Empire blacklisted, and for what


Their leaders made heavily homophobic/transphobic comments about other NSers.
Delegate of The Rejected Realms
Rejected Realms Army, High Commander


Draganisia wrote:Also it seems the next war could be NPO fighting directly against Pacifica.

User avatar
Minoa
Senator
 
Posts: 4206
Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:40 am

Posting in reply to USS Monitor (this post), posted here for relevance.

Not sure if this was asked before, but if the internal list still contains the date of every promotion and retirements from the website team (mods, admins, roleplay mentors and issues editors) in the current forum, it may be very useful in completing the history of the NationStates website team (although the dates are according to the UTC time zone). We currently rummage through old threads to get the information.

After proof-reading my research at https://nsindex.net/wiki/NationStates_Administrators, perhaps that list may be able to give the exact date in August 2017 (according to UTC), when Eluvatar went from Tech Modling to the standard Site Admin.

Frattastan IV wrote:
Partizan Herm wrote:Why was the Roman Empire blacklisted, and for what


Their leaders made heavily homophobic/transphobic comments about other NSers.

I do not know what Roman Empire this refers to. When I hear about blacklisting, I think of it referring to regions being cleared by the game moderators for breaking rules, as in the case of DEN and Nazi.
Last edited by Minoa on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madame A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Borovan3, Dar es Saalam

Advertisement

Remove ads