NATION

PASSWORD

Neutral Ground - an Open Discussion Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zybodia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zybodia » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Tramiar wrote:ZY!!!! You have been disappeared from everywhere I can find you. Stop that! >:(

I get on MSN a couple nights a week, and I never see you.

Andacantra
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Neutral Ground - an Open Discussion Thread

Postby Andacantra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:30 am

MSN is wonderful at being awful... Makes me wonder sometimes why we use it so much :P
Abbey
Chief Kitty of the Cat Burglars
Bi-gameplayers: Raiding and defending because both are fun and ok
Nationstates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:20 am

Andacantra wrote:MSN is wonderful at being awful... Makes me wonder sometimes why we use it so much :P

Obviously IRC is an ebil defender tool.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 am

Godtramnit Bri, I don't like hearing this quittin' talk!
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 am

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:Godtramnit Bri, I don't like hearing this quittin' talk!

The hypothetical was only valid if you disappeared again, so don't!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Andacantra wrote:MSN is wonderful at being awful... Makes me wonder sometimes why we use it so much :P

Obviously IRC is an ebil defender tool.

IRC is also much less secure. I've been getting on the #udl IRC about every other day :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Today's featured region sure is awkward.

Today's Featured Region: LOST USA ISLANDS

This is a temporary region for USA. Once we refound we can all move back to USA.

Updates: TITO is helping with the refounding, refer to above for instructions.

Now the whole world knows. (Though I guess those who actually care already dossier the usual people, and would know already...)
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:Today's featured region sure is awkward.

Today's Featured Region: LOST USA ISLANDS

This is a temporary region for USA. Once we refound we can all move back to USA.

Updates: TITO is helping with the refounding, refer to above for instructions.

Now the whole world knows. (Though I guess those who actually care already dossier the usual people, and would know already...)

Meh, those who actually care did indeed already know :p
Still, a stroke of bad luck there. You never want to call excess attention to attempts at refounds.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Something I just noticed:

FRA + TITO = FRITOs.

Now I'm hungry.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:41 am

Goobergunchia wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Francos Spain taking over The Pacific seems to have made a lot of people get involved in Gameplay. Why is that O.o

It was the first major feeder coup that got a good deal of publicity outside of Gameplay channels. (At least, it was the first one I noticed.) The mass ejections, combined with the utter suppression of in-region dissent, wasn't something people had seen before, and after it was ruled not to be griefing, a fair number of previously uninvolved players wanted to do something about it.

Infinite Loop actually ejected many more people from the East Pacific than Francos Spain did in the Pacific. Given the number of nations that were sent to the Pacific to get punted or get noticed trying to unseat him and get punted, it was amazing that nobody paid much attention to what the Farkers did to the East Pacific. They camped on the East Pacific the moment it was founded and summarily booted every UN nation that weren't in their invader group. Later on they booted all UN nations that weren't endorsing the invader delegate. They did this long enough for casual observers to consider them to be the rightful regional government of the East Pacific. Considering how most nations in a feeder aren't aware what is going on those actions affected a lot of new players. That was far worse than anything Francos Spain did and it turned a lot of new players off of the game, by being victimized for just being spawned in the wrong region.

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:45 am

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Abolish founders *nods*

Raider communities like TBH and other groups are well-enough established that our community is not tied to our home region. I mean, look at DEN- they've lost their region about 200 times and they're still kicking. Plus, the military structure of the region makes it easy, almost effortless, to reorganize in a new region. I mean, our entire business is getting nations to move to certain regions at certain times. I think we can handle moving to a new region.

No, abolishing founders would not have much effect on raiders. All it would do is turn every single region in NationStates into a target.

I thought DEN were still hanging out in Capitalist Paradise, like they have for years, or have they moved on?

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:48 am

I think the branch of DEN you're talking about dissipated when Franks was deleted. DEN proper is still in DEN Central Command, as it has been for a couple years now.

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:57 am

Goobergunchia wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I'm upset that I joined the game too late to fully comprehend Sedge's ninja attack on the South Pacific. What event in gameplay was happening when everyone else joined?

Back when I joined, I'm pretty sure the biggest invader group was the Atlantic Alliance. (Although I didn't really get involved in Gameplay until after Francos Spain took over the Pacific.)

They were probably the biggest bullies of NationStates. There's been a lot of regions who chat about taking over the NationStates World, but Atlantic Alliance actually tried to do it by force. Atlantic would tell you up front to submit or they would take your region. Not like a lot of the sneak attackers that hit small regions and tag them, before crowing about being the Caesars of invaders. You knew you were going to be hit because they told you it was going to happen if you didn't surrender first. They required you to write in your World Factbook Entry that you'd been owned, as an act of fealty and allow them to do whatever they wanted in your region, or they would take over by force. I got approached by Atlantic Alliance and I decided we could probably hold our own against them, so I told them where they could put their threats, but it did mean that I had to be a bit more vigilant than usual at updates for a while. :p

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:10 am

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:I think the branch of DEN you're talking about dissipated when Franks was deleted. DEN proper is still in DEN Central Command, as it has been for a couple years now.

Was that the first incarnation or the second incarnation of Franks, because it seems to me that the the DEN in Capitalist Paradise were active during the brief second incarnation.

I've always thought of the main activity of DEN coming from Ile de France and a few other regions, with DEN Central Command as more of a show region for them.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 am

The return of Franks in (I think) 2008 caused something of a schism. At the time, the current home region of DEN was The DEN Base. Dissatisfied with how DEN was operating (or rather, not operating), Franks claimed the title of DEN Field Marshall and set up another region, DEN Army, with Alphaks as his second-in-command, I believe. They were very active, for a time, and I forget the circumstances that led to the dissolution of DEN Army and the deletion of Franks. Of Crazed or Noldor would likely know more.

Ile De Fance serves as something of a successor region to The Old Raiding Club, after they started letting just anybody in there. It never quite caught on, but Highlander uses the RMB there as a sort of advertising board for successful raids. IDF is not DEN affiliated. The seat of DEN power, and the source of DEN authority is in DEN Central Command.

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 am

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:The return of Franks in (I think) 2008 caused something of a schism. At the time, the current home region of DEN was The DEN Base. Dissatisfied with how DEN was operating (or rather, not operating), Franks claimed the title of DEN Field Marshall and set up another region, DEN Army, with Alphaks as his second-in-command, I believe. They were very active, for a time, and I forget the circumstances that led to the dissolution of DEN Army and the deletion of Franks. Of Crazed or Noldor would likely know more.

Ile De Fance serves as something of a successor region to The Old Raiding Club, after they started letting just anybody in there. It never quite caught on, but Highlander uses the RMB there as a sort of advertising board for successful raids. IDF is not DEN affiliated. The seat of DEN power, and the source of DEN authority is in DEN Central Command.

I'm not certain what happened to the Franks return WA nation, but his primary return of Frank nation (I can't remember what it was called) died of inactivity the second time around. The first time around Franks' nation was killed by mod-bombing for trying to get Grub deleted on fraudulent evidence.

By Highlander of course you mean Mikeswill, the delegate of NationStates and invader cheerleader.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 am

One of the invader cheerleaders ;) There's a group now. In future raids we'll be the ones on the sidelines in short dresses with big hairy legs.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:54 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:One of the invader cheerleaders ;) There's a group now. In future raids we'll be the ones on the sidelines in short dresses with big hairy legs.

Or wooly legs?

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 am

If i forget to shave then it looks like wool anyway.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:If i forget to shave then it looks like wool anyway.
:blink:

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:13 am

Milograd wrote:
SunRawr wrote:So, fellow Gameplayers, Tramiar and I are having a debate right now. She says that if she decided to quit, nobody besides like three of us would notice. I say she is wrong and that more people would be sad to see her go.

Thoughts?

I have to agree with you, Rawr. She'd be missed.

If Bri leaves I shall be grumpy. >:[

Edit: Should probably say this is St George/Cromarty.
Last edited by Cromarty on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:45 am

Aww, not a post in a long time.
Gameplayers don't like chatting. Only fighting in-game, arguing on the forums and backstabbing all over the place. :P
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Andacantra
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Andacantra » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:30 am

Isn't the definition of gameplay that we're fighting each other all the time?

*makes mock stabby motions in Fratt's direction*
Abbey
Chief Kitty of the Cat Burglars
Bi-gameplayers: Raiding and defending because both are fun and ok
Nationstates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 am

Andacantra wrote:Isn't the definition of gameplay that we're fighting each other all the time?

Or, you know, playing a game.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:44 am

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:
Andacantra wrote:Isn't the definition of gameplay that we're fighting each other all the time?

Or, you know, playing a game.

Nah, couldn't be!
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay