NATION

PASSWORD

Neutral Ground - an Open Discussion Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vespertania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vespertania » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Why can't a person just enjoy gathering cards?

I've got a decent starting deck, and i just keep the better cards i get from answering issues. I don't use any puppets and I very rarely use the market. (it's kind of useless anyway.)
Last edited by Vespertania on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Deltanium wrote:how shitty is the AN?
Shitty enough to give you a Warning for trolling and lock this topic.

Codger
Secretary

Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Codger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Deadeye Jack wrote:
Codger wrote:I have been thinking about the card game recently and with lot of imagination, you could imagine Card Trading is actually an analogy for conquest and its aftermath of petty warlords wheeling and dealing territories for cash.

It begins with issues. When select whether you want trading cards or not from answering issues, you are really deciding whether you are a pacifist or a warmongering nation. If you choose to accept cards, you acknowledge that a consequence of deciding issues involves the invasion of parts of other nations. The territories of the nations you have displaced to achieve of your issue outcomes are represented by the cards of different nations in each deck. The status of the card - legendary/epic/common etc is the base value of the territories conquered. Many territories are basically worthless so they were usually stripped bare for 'junk' value.

The market is a bazaar where all the petty warlords gather around to exchange fiefdoms for cash. It is a ruthless business and already there is a cabal of Card Czars who have bought much of the most valuable territories and could seriously disrupt the market if they chose to. They can and often collude.

With the landscape described, I suggest t is time that a Card Defender-Liberator organisation be formed. Any cards we uncover from our own issues, we should gift back the territories/cards to the named nations. In the market, our goal should be to raise bank to buy the territories from the traffickers and liberate those territories by returning the card back to the motherland, taking the card out of the market - assuming a nation won't sell the card of its own nation.

Who is going stand up for what is right and challenge the Card Czar Cabal?

I should have posted this in to the Cards Forum but there is scarcely a community there and the call to *organise* a Card Defender organisation is Gameplay.

How do you plan on collecting money to fight the exploitation of nation trade by not partaking in it yourself? At some point in order to raise money you will either have to junk or sell nations. Junking a nation is theoretically even worse. You're wiping that nation from existence, essentially nuking it.

There are ex nation cards, inactive login-once every 60 day nation cards and puppet card that could be considered free for alls and ok to be junked.

Otherwise there's also the option of becoming a Moralist Card Defender where we only defend nation cards that agree with our own values and junk the rest.
Warzone Pioneer. Peacezone Theorist. Poll Raider. Card Defender.

GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:24 am

Anyone know who is behind NoCookies20?

Just curious who thought The Midnight Order was relevant enough to warrant two refoundings (The Midnight Order/The Midnight Temple)
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:Anyone know who is behind NoCookies20?

Just curious who thought The Midnight Order was relevant enough to warrant two refoundings (The Midnight Order/The Midnight Temple)

That's an odd approach. They refound dead regions and then claim victory. Several of those regions they refounded aren't really raider, and it certainly isn't much of a victory. I've tried to figure out who it is but never found out.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Armaros wrote:

That's an odd approach. They refound dead regions and then claim victory. Several of those regions they refounded aren't really raider, and it certainly isn't much of a victory. I've tried to figure out who it is but never found out.

Several? What else has our mystery guest acquired?
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:02 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:Several? What else has our mystery guest acquired?

https://www.nationstates.net/page=list_ ... es?start=0

5 pages of refounds.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Bowzin wrote:
Th empire of wymondham wrote:Although it could be useful for certain major events to collectively agree on a set blacklist and publish it as if would help new events started by new regions know who not to let in so as to protect the integrity of the event and the people attending such an event from dubious and or plain bad characters

if a region is throwing a large enough event to attract those kinds of people, im sure someone would let them know

To chime in on this, most large regions have at least one GP veteran on staff that can point them out, if not just hang out in the NSGP discord server and you'll see names float by

The only information I have on them is that they have ''defended" from Spear Danes, tried finding this person a while ago and had no luck, pretty much asked any defender bigwig i could find
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:13 am

Sedgistan wrote:When in the past we've looked for a mod with a raider alignment, it's not because we think that they'd be all pro-raider in terms of their mod decisions to balance the rest of us die-hard defenders out, but because they offer a different perspective and set of experiences that the rest of us lack.

Speaking of this. Are there still any defender mods? :p

Anyone you (NSGP crowd) think that would make a good one?
The Blaatschapen should resign

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:12 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:Speaking of this. Are there still any defender mods? :p

Forward Fratt. If we can drop the good and maybe go with just Ok then we've got a few more. I'll take the bottom of the list at 'Most likely to blow up the forum' :blush:

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:Speaking of this. Are there still any defender mods? :p

Forward Fratt. If we can drop the good and maybe go with just Ok then we've got a few more. I'll take the bottom of the list at 'Most likely to blow up the forum' :blush:

Fratt can't accept, he knows we'll switch his Commend to his mod nation ;)

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:Forward Fratt. If we can drop the good and maybe go with just Ok then we've got a few more. I'll take the bottom of the list at 'Most likely to blow up the forum' :blush:

Fratt can't accept, he knows we'll switch his Commend to his mod nation ;)

Easier said than done. You'd have to get the commend passed on the other nation and then revoke the old one (or first revoke). All the while staying clear of not commending a mod nation on their mod duties.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Fratt can't accept, he knows we'll switch his Commend to his mod nation ;)

Easier said than done. You'd have to get the commend passed on the other nation and then revoke the old one (or first revoke). All the while staying clear of not commending a mod nation on their mod duties.

Pfft, we have enough covered to not need to do it on mod duties, and could probably repeal it on the basis of 'nation doesn't exist any-more, moving it to this one' (IC of course, OOC just tell everyone we're moving it to his mod nation)>

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:

Pfft, we have enough covered to not need to do it on mod duties, and could probably repeal it on the basis of 'nation doesn't exist any-more, moving it to this one' (IC of course, OOC just tell everyone we're moving it to his mod nation)>

"saddened by the loss of the nation's historical territory"
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:58 pm

Aclion wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Pfft, we have enough covered to not need to do it on mod duties, and could probably repeal it on the basis of 'nation doesn't exist any-more, moving it to this one' (IC of course, OOC just tell everyone we're moving it to his mod nation)>

"saddened by the loss of the nation's historical territory"

Pfft, '[nation] has ceased to exist' is perfectly legal last I checked

Raccoon Creek
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 06, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Raccoon Creek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:40 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:When in the past we've looked for a mod with a raider alignment, it's not because we think that they'd be all pro-raider in terms of their mod decisions to balance the rest of us die-hard defenders out, but because they offer a different perspective and set of experiences that the rest of us lack.

This brings up a question for me. What is the current strength of R/D in NS presently? I remember when I first started playing the game The Black Riders and DEN made significant impacts each update. Though now I seldom hear of raids or liberations.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Raccoon Creek wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:

This brings up a question for me. What is the current strength of R/D in NS presently? I remember when I first started playing the game The Black Riders and DEN made significant impacts each update. Though now I seldom hear of raids or liberations.

Define 'strength'

Raccoon Creek
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Raccoon Creek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Raccoon Creek wrote:This brings up a question for me. What is the current strength of R/D in NS presently? I remember when I first started playing the game The Black Riders and DEN made significant impacts each update. Though now I seldom hear of raids or liberations.

Define 'strength'

High activity, membership, participation...

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Raccoon Creek wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Define 'strength'

High activity, membership, participation...

Well defenders appear to be dead and raiders have spent the last two months in Westphalia, so not much on either side

Raccoon Creek
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Raccoon Creek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Raccoon Creek wrote:High activity, membership, participation...

Well defenders appear to be dead and raiders have spent the last two months in Westphalia, so not much on either side

Why have they spent the last two months in Westphalia? Also, I thought that Lily was the dominant raider organization at present, or has this changed? The death of the defenders could be the sign that the raiding has come to an end...or at least to an extent which no longer requires large scale defensive operations.

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Salvarity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:30 pm

Raccoon Creek wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Well defenders appear to be dead and raiders have spent the last two months in Westphalia, so not much on either side

Why have they spent the last two months in Westphalia? Also, I thought that Lily was the dominant raider organization at present, or has this changed? The death of the defenders could be the sign that the raiding has come to an end...or at least to an extent which no longer requires large scale defensive operations.

Lily's pretty meh. They're around but don't raid too often. I think it was burnout that got them?

The Black Hawks are the main kids on the bloc, there's a few other regions hanging around too (mine being one of them). R/D isn't really coming to an end, but a lot of players on both sides are expressing boredom at R/D and Gameplay in general. How true that is, I don't really know.
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Fire Eaters of Last Hope
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fire Eaters of Last Hope » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Raccoon Creek wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Well defenders appear to be dead and raiders have spent the last two months in Westphalia, so not much on either side

We’ve been in Westphalia for an operation, but we’re still out raiding. Also, Lily isn’t raider and never was as far as I know. They’re independent, so they raid and defend. TBH is dominant when it comes to raiding but we’re definitely not the only ones out raiding.
Last edited by Fire Eaters of Last Hope on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Did we really need that in a bigger font than normal?

R/D is fairly dead, there's a few taggers out and about but nothing special.

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:00 pm

Whens my fucking promotion >:(

Drop Your Pants wrote:Did we really need that in a bigger font than normal?

R/D is fairly dead, there's a few taggers out and about but nothing special.

The bigger the better
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Raccoon Creek wrote:

The Black Hawks are in Westphalia for an operation, and do still do tag raids while occupying.

Lily never was dominant, or a raider org.

Raiding has certainly not come to an end. Defending has. I'm not sure why (defending is a bit harder then raiding, but suddenly most defender orgs went inactive for some reason) but that is not the death of raiding. Far from it.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:42 am

Armaros wrote:Raiding has certainly not come to an end. Defending has. I'm not sure why (defending is a bit harder then raiding, but suddenly most defender orgs went inactive for some reason) but that is not the death of raiding. Far from it.

Lack of interest for the most part. There was a time that the only taggers were Lily, before the current TBH generation became more active. Very hard to entice new people into defending when it's either split second triggers or detag lists.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay