NATION

PASSWORD

Neutral Ground - an Open Discussion Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Could you have been trusted?

Dunno, depends what I was doing at the time in Laz :P Probably not.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Could you have been trusted?

Dunno, depends what I was doing at the time in Laz :P Probably not.

>_> Well there you go.

Milograd brought me in, then I suggested we bring in Durk due to his expertise. From there we branched out and begged for support from friends.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:>_> Well there you go.

Milograd brought me in, then I suggested we bring in Durk due to his expertise. From there we branched out and begged for support from friends.

Could have asked at least ;) Never been part of a coup (beyond mild threats to wake people up), been on the receiving end a few times.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:>_> Well there you go.

Could have asked at least ;) Never been part of a coup (beyond mild threats to wake people up), been on the receiving end a few times.

I'd recommend it if you get the chance. Only thing is that it's quite time consuming.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:25 pm

I just triggered a raid that was early, but would have hit...had I actually remembered to join the WA with the point. :lol:

#RaiderOfTheYear
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:I just triggered a raid that was early, but would have hit...had I actually remembered to join the WA with the point. :lol:

#RaiderOfTheYear

For making the job of many defenders easier by being completely useless at raiding, I present you with this cookie medal.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:13 am

That coup probably lead to one of the greatest trolls on gameplay, if not the best, that I've ever witnessed. When those roleplayers took to the GP forum alongside every boob that created a thread about the unfolding events, Defender and Invader alike were annoyed beyond comprehension. Now that I have a few more years under my belt, I have much more respect for those that pulled the coup off and generated all that activity/madness.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:47 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:That coup probably lead to one of the greatest trolls on gameplay, if not the best, that I've ever witnessed. When those roleplayers took to the GP forum alongside every boob that created a thread about the unfolding events, Defender and Invader alike were annoyed beyond comprehension. Now that I have a few more years under my belt, I have much more respect for those that pulled the coup off and generated all that activity/madness.

It was a well-oiled machine.
Ideological Bulwark #253

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:39 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:That coup probably lead to one of the greatest trolls on gameplay, if not the best, that I've ever witnessed. When those roleplayers took to the GP forum alongside every boob that created a thread about the unfolding events, Defender and Invader alike were annoyed beyond comprehension. Now that I have a few more years under my belt, I have much more respect for those that pulled the coup off and generated all that activity/madness.

It was a well-oiled machine.

So was the titanic.
The Blaatschapen should resign

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:41 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:It was on this very night 4 years ago that I was informed by my colleagues that dozens of RP'ers would be willing to help out the coup of TSP which had started on the 20th. Over the next few days around 200 supporters of the cause entered the region. It would last until the minor update of the 30th, when the imperialist jaywalking airgangsters took the region by force, relying on outside forces to seize the region and re-institute the oligarchy which presides to this very day. Legend has it that on quiet nights in TSP you can still hear the echoes of the singing of the minnows in the alleys of the once great cities that dotted TSP during the Glorious Revolution.

Ah yes. The Eternal Revolution lives on in our hearts. The amount of propaganda and glorious Juche mobilization I did for that was a grand old time.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:51 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:It was a well-oiled machine.

So was the titanic.

As with the Titanic it was a tragedy when it went down. There is a drunk captain joke to be made here somewhere.
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:It was on this very night 4 years ago that I was informed by my colleagues that dozens of RP'ers would be willing to help out the coup of TSP which had started on the 20th. Over the next few days around 200 supporters of the cause entered the region. It would last until the minor update of the 30th, when the imperialist jaywalking airgangsters took the region by force, relying on outside forces to seize the region and re-institute the oligarchy which presides to this very day. Legend has it that on quiet nights in TSP you can still hear the echoes of the singing of the minnows in the alleys of the once great cities that dotted TSP during the Glorious Revolution.

Ah yes. The Eternal Revolution lives on in our hearts. The amount of propaganda and glorious Juche mobilization I did for that was a grand old time.

All those who supported the struggle of the minnows will forever have a place in the spirit of the Revolution.
Ideological Bulwark #253

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:33 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:It was a well-oiled machine.

So was the titanic.
Heh. :lol:

It wasn't the titanic at fault, but poor company culture*, and general human error.

If anyone can sink a ship, it is human beings.

*Didn't help that they offended the wireless operators of the closest ship, so they turned off for the night, and that they didn't take serious notice of the iceberg warnings.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:There is a drunk captain joke to be made here somewhere.

"A Liquor Captain never abandons a sinking shit ship"

- Jim Lahey a.k.a. the Liquor

please come back to me, Skydip...
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Stalker Queen
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalker Queen » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:please come back to me, Skydip...

SkyDip will be pleasantly surprised one of his brothers has come back and said brother has gotten a new daughter. :P
Any statements made from this nation are representative of the personal views of the player behind it, and should not be taken as the views of any region or organisation they may be part of.
Luna Amore wrote:You stalkin' too close.
Retired.

The Bruce
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:46 am

Roavin wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:I could only get decent Wifi on my laptop outside for some weird reason. Updates under an umbrella were an experience.

Had a lib right when I had a dentists appointment. I crossed up and everything on my phone (ugh fuck cross-endorsing on a phone) while I was in the waiting room, then I got called into the office and was told to lie down on that chair thing. The 2-minute warning came, I got my thumb ready, and about a minute or so later the dentist walked in. I considered saying "hold on" but my better senses prevailed >_> - I just pressed move kamikaze-style and put the phone away. Got my teeth drilled up a bit while wondering whether we got it or not. Turns out my lucky jump was just a few seconds before the actual trigger, and we got it \o/

And I thought it was bad trying to log in while on vacation without a smart phone, traveling to a neighbouring ranch that had the interwebs feels kind of absurd looking back a few years at it. But to be clear, I'm not an NS addict...

Also, the main factor of the Titanic sinking was embrittlement of the steel, because the high sulphur content from the foundry process, causing it to be severely weakened by the cold Atlantic waters. That's why they were surprised when the iceberg cut the side of the ship like butter, because it wouldn't have if the steel had been done right (been reading a lot of books on material science lately).

SYG
Attaché

Founded: Nov 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby SYG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:23 pm

The Bruce wrote:Also, the main factor of the Titanic sinking was embrittlement of the steel, because the high sulphur content from the foundry process, causing it to be severely weakened by the cold Atlantic waters. That's why they were surprised when the iceberg cut the side of the ship like butter, because it wouldn't have if the steel had been done right (been reading a lot of books on material science lately).

You learn something new every day :blush:
Patriarch of House Akhenaten
Osiris Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:31 pm

SYG wrote:
The Bruce wrote:Also, the main factor of the Titanic sinking was embrittlement of the steel, because the high sulphur content from the foundry process, causing it to be severely weakened by the cold Atlantic waters. That's why they were surprised when the iceberg cut the side of the ship like butter, because it wouldn't have if the steel had been done right (been reading a lot of books on material science lately).

You learn something new every day :blush:

Bad metallurgy was also one of my big problems, and one of the reasons why ironclads in general had such a problem with the weight of our armor.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
SYG wrote:You learn something new every day :blush:

Bad metallurgy was also one of my big problems, and one of the reasons why ironclads in general had such a problem with the weight of our armor.

Having a heart of gold does not help either :p
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Having a heart of gold does not help either :p

Is bribing the team with gold how Moniter became a mod? :p
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYG
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby SYG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:30 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
SYG wrote:You learn something new every day :blush:

Well I hope you get things SHIPuated so you don't sink..

haha get it... puns..

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:17 am

SYG wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

haha get it... puns..

R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Sotasky
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 09, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sotasky » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 am

SYG wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

haha get it... puns..

I'm starting to understand why people apparently don't like you :unsure:
Frankly, they deserve a medal. I'm not sure what for exactly though-Cresenthia
Founder of Failure
Baron of Bollywirls
Senator of Sillywillies
Secretary of Sorrow
Lord of Losers
Justice for Jocks
Deputy of O_O
I'm the new guy on the block that complains about everything!!!

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:45 am

Ridersyl wrote:
SYG wrote:Well I hope you get things SHIPuated so you don't sink..

haha get it... puns..

I would be sure to do so if I could find a good gif or image to do so with :p

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:27 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:
(Image)

I would be sure to do so if I could find a good gif or image to do so with :p

See You Space Cowboy...

SYG
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby SYG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:33 am

Sotasky wrote:
SYG wrote:Well I hope you get things SHIPuated so you don't sink..

haha get it... puns..

I'm starting to understand why people apparently don't like you :unsure:

Who are you and thanks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay