NATION

PASSWORD

[NSNS] When a sinker is born...

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:31 am

Bears Armed wrote:So, the raider groups that have spokesnations complaining about TITO's actions here do acknowledge the concept of 'natives' after all... despite past claims by various well-known raiders that it became obsolete once Influence had been introduced? And when members of any of those groups invade a region whose own natives then ask them to leave immediately, they'll do so?
:blink:

I don't acknowledge the term "native", and will never do. I am glad to observe that the fendas' actions in Osiris show the same. After this blatant imperialistic raid the air has finally gone out of the "we care for you" balloon. I have claimed fenda hypocrisy all the time, and has now been proven correct. Thank you.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:32 am

Kanaia wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:So, the raider groups that have spokesnations complaining about TITO's actions here do acknowledge the concept of 'natives' after all... despite past claims by various well-known raiders that it became obsolete once Influence had been introduced? And when members of any of those groups invade a region whose own natives then ask them to leave immediately, they'll do so?

Haven't you realized Raiders will say anything to further their agenda?

Now they will play the martyr card and pretend that big bad TITO was the aggressor here, and they were simply trying to help. They've used this propaganda before, they'll use it again.

Nice inverted logic.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 am

Fenda intervention is aggression unchecked. It has always been, and will always be. So says the "gospel" of Grub.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 am

Cinistra wrote:

I don't acknowledge the term "native", and will never do. I am glad to observe that the fendas' actions in Osiris show the same. After this blatant imperialistic raid the air has finally gone out of the "we care for you" balloon. I have claimed fenda hypocrisy all the time, and has now been proven correct. Thank you.

And you don't see any difference in significance, in terms of rights to the regions in which they exist, between communities that have existed in their UCRs for several years and the scatterings of nations that have just moved (or been revived) into either of these newly-created 'sinks' during the last day or so?!? Bah!
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 am

I've never claimed there are no natives. Certainly there are. And I'm not gonna leave a region because the natives tell me to. This is because I'm a raider. But we expect defenders to leave if natives ask them to. It's defenders that are always claiming native rights. That they do this for the natives.
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:40 am

Tramiar wrote:

I've never claimed there are no natives. Certainly there are. And I'm not gonna leave a region because the natives tell me to. This is because I'm a raider. But we expect defenders to leave if natives ask them to. It's defenders that are always claiming native rights. That they do this for the natives.

And you don't see any difference in significance, in terms of rights to the regions in which they exist, between communities that have existed in their UCRs for several years and the scatterings of nations that have just moved (or been revived) into either of these newly-created 'sinks' during the last day or so?!?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Kain_The_Dragoon
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kain_The_Dragoon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:41 am

New Rogernomics wrote:
Kanaia wrote:
Haven't you realized Raiders will say anything to further their agenda?

Now they will play the martyr card and pretend that big bad TITO was the aggressor here, and they were simply trying to help. They've used this propaganda before, they'll use it again.

Nice inverted logic.
We are humans, and this is just TITO trying to make itself feel better for its invasion. You target nations that raised the Aretist banner who weren't even raiders, congratulations on a good raid and only banning those with the flags to try to justify yourselves.
Last edited by Kain_The_Dragoon on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cde. Kain T. Dragoon

Zarvarza wrote:I would recommend, that if you want a world where everyone is friendly and informational, then you should invent the game 'hippistates' where everyone gets along,and raiding isn't a mechanic of the game.

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:44 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Tramiar wrote:

And you don't see any difference in significance, in terms of rights to the regions in which they exist, between communities that have existed in their UCRs for several years and the scatterings of nations that have just moved (or been revived) into either of these newly-created 'sinks' during the last day or so?!?

There aren't really any natives in this situation in my opinion. Maybe the ones that have been revived there, but not really. But that doesn't mean that these defender groups aren't raiding.
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:48 am

Tramiar wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:And you don't see any difference in significance, in terms of rights to the regions in which they exist, between communities that have existed in their UCRs for several years and the scatterings of nations that have just moved (or been revived) into either of these newly-created 'sinks' during the last day or so?!?

There aren't really any natives in this situation in my opinion. Maybe the ones that have been revived there, but not really. But that doesn't mean that these defender groups aren't raiding.

By that logic, isn't everybody except the verry first nation that appeared there "raiding"?

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:52 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Tramiar wrote:There aren't really any natives in this situation in my opinion. Maybe the ones that have been revived there, but not really. But that doesn't mean that these defender groups aren't raiding.

By that logic, isn't everybody except the verry first nation that appeared there "raiding"?

One of the definitions of raiding I've gotten from defenders says that a raid is when nations that aren't natives of a region attempt to take the delegacy of the region using outside forces (other non-natives). So yeah, sure.

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:53 am

ooh ban button!
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Kitten
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kitten » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:59 am

Muh-ha! I joined the game to talk about politics now there IS politics. I shall reside in Osiris for a while, for the shits and giggles of watching everything.

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:17 am

In other news... Balder is doing very well. Unibot was elected delegate and we're have a constitutional convention that welcomes all those interested in seeing Balder live long and prosper :)
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 am

Boo!!! "Defender" militaries shouldn't be invading the new regions.

Are ejections allowed in the new regions?
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:47 am

Rachel Anumia wrote:In other news... Balder is doing very well. Unibot was elected delegate and we're have a constitutional convention that welcomes all those interested in seeing Balder live long and prosper :)

Certainly more acceptable, than Osiris is right now. Good to see you have made a great start. :)
"Solidarity forever..."

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 am

Christian Democrats wrote:Boo!!! "Defender" militaries shouldn't be invading the new regions.

Are ejections allowed in the new regions?

Yes as Kain and several others were ejected several minutes ago from Osiris.
"Solidarity forever..."

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:58 am

Cinistra wrote:

TITO =/= all defenders.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Saint Thomas Aquinas: 'Rarely affirm, seldom deny, always distinguish.'
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Aurora World
Envoy

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurora World » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Rachel Anumia wrote:In other news... Balder is doing very well. Unibot was elected delegate and we're have a constitutional convention that welcomes all those interested in seeing Balder live long and prosper :)

hah, it seems that the Balder is much more peaceful... :meh:
Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?

It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

I am a girl. Deal with it.

Robin Hood
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Robin Hood » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:51 pm

That was the point. :)

Elections for the leader among the legitimate enfranchised Balderites or Baldies as we've come to be known as will occur on Oct. 23 15:00 EDT. If you see yourself as wanting to become a native of Balder, please join the Constitutional Convention so you can be enfranchised in our constitutional debates and votes.

Aurora World
Envoy

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurora World » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:55 pm

I still hope Osiris will stabilize. I'll remain there, as I have one non-WA puppet in Balder, so we may be on touch on it's RMB ;)
Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?

It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

I am a girl. Deal with it.

Karak Eight Peaks
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 03, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Karak Eight Peaks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Tramiar wrote:There aren't really any natives in this situation in my opinion. Maybe the ones that have been revived there, but not really. But that doesn't mean that these defender groups aren't raiding.

No, only those who have seized power, and kicked nations out. We have as much right to speak up against intruders as any other residents in NS. We don't need any outsider to tell us what's the best for our region. And yes, there is a raid going on. That's what you call it when outsiders enter someones border and seize power, so please skip the " " signs.

Flaming Poptarts
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Flaming Poptarts » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Baldies are very peaceful. I hear rumours of high virility though. :eyebrow:

It is going quite well. I love the way the two new regions are starting so differently. It's going to be fun to watch them grow.

Cerberion
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:11 pm

For some reason when I read Kain's posts this song came to my mind:

Baby, do you understand me now
Sometimes I feel a little mad
But don't you know that no one alive
Can always be an angel
When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

The animals "Don't let me be misunderstood".

I am sure the intentions were entirely honorable.

Karak Eight Peaks
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 03, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Karak Eight Peaks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Who's intentions, if I may ask?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay