NATION

PASSWORD

[NSNS] The Proletariat Coalition poetically invaded

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:25 pm

The point is more about condemning the actions of ASE instead of those of Eurosoviets, I think.

EDIT: Typo.
Last edited by Frattastan on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:46 am

Frattastan wrote:The point is more about condemning the actions of ASE instead of those Eurosoviets, I think.

It's an interesting bit of confusion, isn't it? Eurosoviets is the one that was bragging, not ASE. Regions tend not to make very many statements. And anyone pretending shock that an old-guard defender thinks that invaders should be brought down by any means necessary (& thinks he can do it again), or shock that Eurosoviets was tied to some forum deletion event, just doesn't know the history.

Quite frankly, if you review our statement, you'll find that it makes no collective assignment of blame. Such a thing would have been controversial in TPC. We're sorry that those events happened, and particularly so given our close associations tied up with those acts, but many of us don't feel it is appropriate to blame the members of RLA (many regions) for actions which many individual nations within the regions in the RLA disagreed with in the first place.

If you want to condemn Eurosoviets for his admitted acts of forum destruction, perhaps you should file that WA resolution, and word it well. In the mean time, don't expect TPC to vote in favor of a resolution condemning ASE. I would of course be wholly unsurprised to find that many of those voting in favor of this resolution voted against the resolution condemning Unknown for engaging in forum destruction before...

... but that's life. A lot of the WA SC resolutions are about popularity contests rather than material actions. For the moment, I am abstaining. You're welcome to make a pitch.
Last edited by Tahar Joblis on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:39 am

To be fair, would you really expect TPC to vote for it? I do believe that TPC as a whole disagrees with forum destruction, but there are valid reasons to disagree with the condemn--especially considering TPC's past with ASE--and I'm not surprised at the result.

And my impression is that condemnations like this are more for a region's reaction to forum destruction, especially forum destruction linked to one of its members. Should a region be condemned for the actions of one member? No. But for tolerating or encouraging those actions? Yes, I think so.

Anyway, further discussion of that issue probably belongs in the SC thread on it.
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Previous

Return to Gameplay