NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks News

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Unibot II wrote:
Crushing Our Enemies wrote:Oh come on, we're 13 endorsements ahead. If you time it well, train your troops, recruit, and work together with other groups, that's a walk in the park. Don't blame us for using every resource available to us just because you aren't using yours effectively.

Hahahah, even if you could do this, you'd need to contact every raider group in the game to do it. :lol2:

13 updaters? We could get that between just TBH, TBR, and DEN on a good night.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 pm

SunRawr wrote:
Unibot II wrote:
Hahahah, even if you could do this, you'd need to contact every raider group in the game to do it. :lol2:

13 updaters? We could get that between just TBH, TBR, and DEN on a good night.

On a good night, yes and you need more than 13, probably more like 20. Seeing as how you needed to contact lots of people to get 20 people a day prior to stacking alone... I'm not so sure about this 13 people theory even.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Unibot II wrote:
SunRawr wrote:13 updaters? We could get that between just TBH, TBR, and DEN on a good night.

On a good night, yes and you need more than 13, probably more like 20. Seeing as how you needed to contact lots of people to get 20 people a day prior to stacking alone... I'm not so sure about this 13 people theory even.

TBH and TBR could come up with 13 without all of our updaters even showing up.
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Unibot II wrote:
SunRawr wrote:13 updaters? We could get that between just TBH, TBR, and DEN on a good night.

Are you keeping track? We were able to find that many in a day despite another big raid going on.. And you don't have to be sure about it, because we are. TBH and TBR could easily get 5 each, and DEN could take the other three (as long as I am DEN that night >.>)

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Don't you attack my Mother.
13 when you only needed five, if you can't plant the damn trigger well enough to accomplish that then I don't know what you want from us. The numbers really are irrelevant beyond that, if you can't take out a five endo lead then why does it matter if we spike it to an eighty endo lead? Same result in the end.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Unibot II wrote:
Crushing Our Enemies wrote:Oh come on, we're 13 endorsements ahead. If you time it well, train your troops, recruit, and work together with other groups, that's a walk in the park. Don't blame us for using every resource available to us just because you aren't using yours effectively.

On a good night, the raider community working together can pull maybe 18 endos. Assuming the defender community could do the same, and you moved within say, 5 seconds of update, I think you'd have a better than 50/50 shot, provided your troops were well trained. What's the problem here? You only need 11 to get through. We're piling? Please.
Last edited by Crushing Our Enemies on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:14 pm

This.
Jakker wrote:Also technically, there's a native with 9 endos, so it's even easier if you wanted to lib with him as delegate. If this is piling and you're complaining this raid is now boring, which means you are questioning your ability to liberate it, UDL should simply quit the liberation business.

And this.

Are completely and utterly true. We missed libbing it by one WA, my own fault for not paying attention until about a minute before the lib and having no time to switch. *shrugs*

We'll see if we'll have enough to try again at a future update. If we do, then TBH had better bring their A game.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Unibot II wrote:Too good apparently, you're back to piling. :eyebrow:

Well that raid just got way more boring, typical and artless fast.

Honestly, do you ever get tired of this? Yes, we get that you think you and the UDL are superior to all other orgs defender and raider but the following debates on updaters is one that is constantly hashed.
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Cromarty wrote:

This.
Jakker wrote:Also technically, there's a native with 9 endos, so it's even easier if you wanted to lib with him as delegate. If this is piling and you're complaining this raid is now boring, which means you are questioning your ability to liberate it, UDL should simply quit the liberation business.

And this.

Are completely and utterly true. We missed libbing it by one WA, my own fault for not paying attention until about a minute before the lib and having no time to switch. *shrugs*

We'll see if we'll have enough to try again at a future update. If we do, then TBH had better bring their A game.

Thank you George for being the most sensible of the UDL leaders. :) I appreciate your honesty and encouraging attitude. We will make sure to always bring our A game. Good luck to you. If you do succeed, I'll make sure to be one of the firsts to congratulate you.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:50 am

Cromarty wrote:We missed libbing it by one WA, my own fault for not paying attention until about a minute before the lib and having no time to switch. *shrugs*

My fault too, really ... I should've stayed at work a bit longer and helped out from there, but I thought we had enough men...
Heeding the Call, One and For All: UDL

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:34 am

When you miss by one, no one can really take full blame,cause I mean, anyone coulda been there. If anyone had recruited one more person, or if another organization had sent one more person, etc etc etc. Believe me, I know the feeling.

Bottom line: This region is still in play.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Hermes Conrad
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hermes Conrad » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 am

But does the region want to be in play, or would they rather be left to their own devices?

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Irrelevant.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Siding with COE on that one. Who cares if they didn't want it? Its happening either way :p I don't want to pay taxes but it still happens.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Cromarty wrote:

This.

And this.

George. Thanks for being the most sensible defender on this thread. It's a long time since I've seen something like this. It makes me actually have hope in the defenders. Spread your message far.

Hermes Conrad wrote:But does the region want to be in play, or would they rather be left to their own devices?

This is quite irrelevant to the situation. If we considered the opinion of a region when we raided it then we wouldn't be raiding much now would we :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

ITALIA captured

Postby Jakker » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Attention!

At the last major update, The Black Hawks successfully raided ITALIA, a region with close ties to 10,000 Islands. Many thanks to The Black Riders and The New Inquisition for their assistance in the raid.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:46 pm

This was a fine victory and it is a pleasure (as ever) to have raided with The Black Hawks.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:56 pm

I never make these posts... but Jamie is gonna be mad if I don't post so...

This update, TBH raided Yorkshire with the help of The Phantom Knights. It was, of course, a lot of fun. We missed Yorkshire and Lisa's pies, so we decided to come back for another visit. Hopefully there'll be some excitement during our visit. :)

TBH members involved:
Mall
Spartzy
Rawr
Jamie
Tramiar

I know, mine isn't full of fancy links and full names. But everyone can deal with it. :P

*grumbles* I hate writing >.>
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Tramiar wrote:I never make these posts... but Jamie is gonna be mad if I don't post so...

This update, TBH raided Yorkshire with the help of The Phantom Knights. It was, of course, a lot of fun. We missed Yorkshire and Lisa's pies, so we decided to come back for another visit. Hopefully there'll be some excitement during our visit. :)

TBH members involved:
Mall
Spartzy
Rawr
Jamie
Tramiar

I know, mine isn't full of fancy links and full names. But everyone can deal with it. :P

*grumbles* I hate writing >.>

lol. I heart you.

Tramiar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Jamie has informed me I missed writing the regions we tagged in my previous post.

Black Hills
The Royal Empire
The Walbard Union
Beyond The Sea
Truangel Christian Fellowship
The Blood Cave

Hey look, links!

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:27 am

Blood has been spilt in the blood cave... :(
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:20 am

Warzone Codger wrote:Blood has been spilt in the blood cave... :(

I'm sure the fendas will be around with their mops soon enough.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 am

SunRawr wrote:
Warzone Codger wrote:Blood has been spilt in the blood cave... :(

I'm sure the fendas will be around with their mops soon enough.

You ruined the only blank WFE in the game.

stab stab stab.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Spartzerium
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Spartzerium » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Mahaj wrote:
SunRawr wrote:I'm sure the fendas will be around with their mops soon enough.

You ruined the only blank WFE in the game.

stab stab stab.

The only? Hardly. There are 49 others (as of two majors ago - I'm not downloading a brand new data dump just for this) by my count.
NS Married to Tramiar <3
Father of Rawr, Mall, Jakker, Severisen, and Talisi
I once was a defender...
Former Chief Lieutenant - UDL
Former AC, VC (2 terms), CoDF (2 terms), RRO, General of the Alliance, and more - FRA
Former King, VC, and IA Minister - CoN
Former Vice Commander, Chief of Defense - CoJ

I once was a Forum 7'er...
Founder of The United Church of Reppy
Also started various other random forum games

And I once... had other random info I didn't know where to put...
Originally joined NationStates May 25, 2008.
Formerly known as Spartzerina/New Spartzerina.
Retired Major / Field Marshal - The Black Hawks
TBH Forum - TBH News Thread

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Spartzerium wrote:
Mahaj wrote:You ruined the only blank WFE in the game.

stab stab stab.

The only? Hardly. There are 49 others (as of two majors ago - I'm not downloading a brand new data dump just for this) by my count.

The only one I know of. :p
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay