NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times -- Skeleton Army Invades Lazarus

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Rejected Times -- Skeleton Army Invades Lazarus

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Skeleton Army Invades Lazarus

The Skeleton Army at March

"Dem bones, dem bomes, gonna walk around..." Giant Killer Tomatoes, member of the Skeletal hordes, sang out as he finished his dessert in Lazarus. The invasion had begun nearly two days prior, when a not-so-subtle scout sent word to his army that the region of rebirth was ripe for the picking.

For anyone who's never seen a Skeleton Army invasion before, it's really a sight to behold. The delegacy doesn't change hands, but that doesn't stop them. Their "stealthiness" is laughable, but it's not really about the stealth, when you're the walking undead. Apparently it's about the party. Bluto, from Animal House, said:

"On one hand it is a raid and on the other it's a really big party. So big in fact they've raided my region three times. The first time it was pretty much a partying contest - I think they stayed about a month. I won't say they wore us out, but, uhm - OK, they wore us out."

The attack began comically, as one skeleton charged the gates of Lazarus only to lose an arm. The Lazarene Delegate was most understanding of the invasion, appearing to almost pity the Skeletons as he opened the doors to his "mini-bar" which was described as being "more of a warehouse."

The Skeleton Army's Queen arrived in due course, strutting about like a choreographer watching it all fall to pieces, as she rebuked her soldiers for failing their entrance.. and so it continued in the same manner as it had before, much like watching the Three Stooges conquering whatever was in their path. The weapons of the Skeleton Army are not so much swords, tanks, or numbers, but rather charm and humour, and they never seem to fail in any raid or invasion. Other Invaders are somewhat jealous. "My invasion in 2005 was better, we showed more leg," prominent invader Evil Wolf said with some petulance.

Then, just as they came, they were gone, leaving only skeletal rainbow ponies to remind the Lazarenes of their visit.
Last edited by Oliver the Mediocre on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

Return to Gameplay