NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times - New Delegate in TSP

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Chodean Kal
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Corrupt Dictatorship

The Rejected Times - New Delegate in TSP

Postby Chodean Kal » Sat May 21, 2011 10:49 pm

The type of soldiers loyal to new TSP Delegate Devonitians inside the Capital District.

Capital District, The South Pacific In a highly unexpected move that caught most observers off guard, there has been a change in the Delegacy of one of the most stable feeders, The South Pacific. The region, described by veteran reporters as an "old boys club" or a "party region" in the some of the most fondests of terms ever described of a feeder, seems to be the latest feeder region to fall to a potentially rouge Delegate. The last time The South Pacific was hit by major coups was under The XYZ Affair and The Fathoms Below, back in 2003. A system of good governance and a deeply loyal forum community is what some analysts stated kept the current governing system afloat.

As of press time, there has been very little information being broadcasted from either the Government of The South Pacific, led by now ex-Delegate Southern Bellz who has been Delegate for 1 year and 140 days, or the new government under Devonitians. However, from lay observers, there has been no notification of the now new Delegate to the Government of The South Pacific that they wish to observe the Martial Laws (aka the "Brave Little Toaster Declaration" in local lingo) of the region which govern Delegate-succession.

At update, Devonitians held 104 endorsements, and was estimated at endorsing most, if not all TSP World Assembly Members. The former Delegate was sitting at 98 endorsements, but outside observers in several regions who spoke to The Rejected Times mentioned that the former Delegate was not the most able of endotarters. In terms of Regional Influence, Devonitians held Minnow status, while the former Delegate, Southern Bellz, had Truckler.

It must be noted that at this point, there is speculation that this is may simply be another orchestrated attempt by an outsider to hijack a feeder. However, given the tight nit community, it is anticipated that senior officials may help the Government of The South Pacific in using one of them to oust the new Delegate if it is indeed a "rogue".

From our sources inside The South Pacific, we received a copy of the telegram used by Delegate Devonitians prior to the takeover, which is the following:
Hi!

I've endorsed you as a show of friendship and good faith, and would be grateful if you would endorse me in return.

If you require anything, you are more than welcome to telegram me.

Devonitians

It is unknown as of yet if this nation even knows if they are going to wake up to be the new Delegate, or not. However, in light of the numerous attempts even in the past few years (such as under JAL/Durkadurkiranistan in TNP), it is highly doubtful by many that this is a naive individual at work who will willingly give up the Delegacy.

In light of the lack of information presented to the press, we encourage both the new Delegate, the old, and observers in the region to provide as much information as they can to our readers and residents of The South Pacific.

By: Dalimbar, Officer of Media and Information of The Rejected Realms and Editor-in-Chief of The Rejected Times
EDITORS NOTE: More information will become available on this story as developments occur.
Chodean Kal (aka Dalimbar)
Delegate and Cascadia Center for Collaborative Community Solutions of The Sasquatch Republic
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific (2007, 2011)
Delegate/Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris (2011)
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sat May 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Didn't see that coming...

Qwendra supports our long time friend, ally and supporter Southern Bellz, who represents the legitimate government of the South Pacific. Our limited military strength shall be invested in the restoration of the legitimate regime.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Sun May 22, 2011 12:48 am

The new delegate awakens.

Welcome to the South Pacific. Once known to the world as the "party region" it fell into ruin, neglected by former delegates.

This region has 400 WA nations. The former delegate had less than 100 endorsements, and had endorsed a paltry 150 nations. I took less than 36 hours to seize the delegacy. Let this be a message to all feeder delegates: to hold power, one must use it.

I do not intend to hold the delegacy for more than a week. Instead, I invite endo-swappers to join the region and compete for the delegacy. Once there are several above the former delegate's endorsement count, I will resign from the WA and depart peacefully.

In the meantime please endorse your native elected delegate: Devonitians.

Interesting and actually has motivations beyond the usual coups..
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Devonitians
Political Columnist

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Devonitians » Sun May 22, 2011 12:53 am

Thank you Warzone Codger and also Chodean Kal for this interesting article.

I do not wish to hold the delegacy of the South Pacific for long, as I accept that I do not have the time for it. Instead I am inviting endo-swappers, whether from inside or outside the region, to join and see if they can take over. My only intention is to ensure that the region does not return to its former delegate. Those who stand in my way will be dealt with through all available methods.

Hello there, Kalibarr.

Punk Daddy
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Daddy » Sun May 22, 2011 1:46 am

This is nice news to wake up to. And yeah, can't wait for the long time TSP residents to read that I wrote this. Seriously, can't wait for it! 8)

There is no way in hell Devonitians will be able to hold the delegacy for an extended period of time. Southern Bellz or any of the number of long time residents with high influence will be able to overtake the delegacy. I saw this coming a mile away though, and yes, I had zero to do with this or to encourage it despite what some in TSP may feel.

I do feel that TSP needs a fresh beginning and I'll be watching the happenings with a keen interest.
The man, the myth, the legend.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sun May 22, 2011 11:18 am

He needs to start gutting out the power base of the TSP's old guard by getting their endorsers to unendorse them, and ejecting the weaker ones that don't. Starting with Southern Bellz's supporters, of course. In the meantime he needs to build up his power base as well. Hopefully this will allow him to build influence quickly enough to maintain his hold on the delegacy, and possibly surpass the other nations in influence (eventually).

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Sun May 22, 2011 1:04 pm

As an independent agent, I shall be keeping tabs on the developing situation.

Rest assured that regardless of your affiliation, I am not a threat.
Signatures are for losers.

Chodean Kal
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chodean Kal » Sun May 22, 2011 2:22 pm

As a note to readers, NationStates:Crossfire, a political commentary show that is also run by the Office of Media and Information of TRR, will be hosting a discussion on this topic and feeder coups in general. The panelists are Biyah and myself, both with years of experience on feeder coups, counter coups, etc. While I will be providing the transcripts of that conversation on this forum, you are invited to join us at 9pm EDT on #ns_crossfire on esper.net. Feel free to bring us some questions, and feel free to enjoy the show!
Delegate and Cascadia Center for Collaborative Community Solutions of The Sasquatch Republic

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun May 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Dunno if I'll be able to make it, but if not, could someone ask my question: "Are you a wizard?"
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Sun May 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Yup, should be barn-burner of an episode, especially if we can get Southern Bellz or Devonitians on. Double barn-burner if we can get'em both. :lol:
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

FraternizingWithHumans
Civil Servant

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby FraternizingWithHumans » Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm

That would be quite interesting!

Chodean Kal
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chodean Kal » Mon May 23, 2011 8:50 pm

UPDATE (to be posted in the next issue regarding this matter): Groups are swarming into the region, including FRA backed regions supporting Southern Bellz. We at The Rejected Times are trying to find out if any back-room deals have been made to anyone, including the FRA-backing of Southern Bellz. No official announcement has been made from them, but an official who spoke to The Rejected Times stated "Heh. It's not like I can tell openly :P". More will be released later when information is available.

Also, Biyah, a Panelist on NS:Crossfire, had this to say regarding FRA involvement in The South Pacific.
The FRA, whose level of infiltration is second only to the RLA of the past, is planning a super-sekret liberation move against TSP tonight. They don't seem to think the raiders will be a problem, which I find amusing. They are also stepping in to bring back a dead regime, one that let TSP fester.

I'm wondering if, when they had their butts spanked again in yet another Feeder coup, they'd growup and learn they're not All That.

All those unsavory types may consider this a hint. Anyone who thinks activity should be paramount in a feeder is also welcome. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Shh, don't tell the FRA that their plans leaked. They think they're secure.
~B
Last edited by Chodean Kal on Mon May 23, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Mon May 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Hail the FRA, whose ability to stick their nose into other people's business is only second to how many security holes they have.

Hail!
-Lord Menelian, Patriarch of The House of Rahl, Reborn.

So sleep soundly in your beds tonight, for judgement falls upon you at first light. I'm the hand of God, I'm the dark messiah, I'm the vengeful one.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Biyah wrote:Hail the FRA, whose ability to stick their nose into other people's business is only second to how many security holes they have.

Hail!

And what Devon is doing isn't sticking his nose in others business?

And I'm pretty sure Unibot admitted that the FRA was going to get involved in that essay of a post over in the TWP Declaration thread...

Yes. Great spy work.
Last edited by Kalibarr on Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Remind me to teach you the word 'irony' sometime.
-Lord Menelian, Patriarch of The House of Rahl, Reborn.

So sleep soundly in your beds tonight, for judgement falls upon you at first light. I'm the hand of God, I'm the dark messiah, I'm the vengeful one.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay