NATION

PASSWORD

Judea: Regional Applications [Open]

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hohenzollern Germany
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hohenzollern Germany » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:32 pm

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: Judäischen Deutschliga Föderalen [Judean German Federal League]
- Short-form Nation's Name: Judäischen Bundesliga [Judean Federal League]
- Nation's Government Type: Political Union of Six Independent States
- Head of State (And Position): High Chancellor Florenz Krüger
- Nation's Population: 8.362 Billion

- Current International Conflicts: None
- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: None

Answer the following as sufficiently as possible:

I. Describe your nation (the people, the customs, the culture, etc.).
The Judean Federal League is a robust political union, featuring an eclectic blend of cultures. The predominant culture is of Germanic origin, with the German language being spoken widely in all six member-nations. Some French, Hispanic, and Slavic minority populations can also be found in the member-states, particularly the Indonesian Bloc and Ozanria. A wide variety of food is enjoyed amongst the member-states. Alcohol and tobacco are a particular staple of the Judean Federal League, as is traditional song and dance, which forms an integral part of the League's cultural heritage.

II. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your nation?
The political alliance of states pools its resources together to form a powerful union economically and military. Each member-state contributes to the whole of the organization, thus building up the Judean Federal League as a much more powerful entity. On the downside, the Federal League can be splintered militarily by indecision, which has cost the entity dearly in the past.

III. Why do you think you will be a good fit in Judea? (What qualities of yours will make you an excellent addition to Judea?)
I'm an okay roleplayer, but I'm also well-versed in the volatile Judean political scene, and I've got the time and energy now to really be a creative participant in the region.

IV. Why do you want to join Judea?
I've been in Judea several times, though I had the misfortune (and the region the unfair burden) of arriving in Judea right as I was prepping to take unexpected sabbaticals from the game. As a result, I've never gotten to do much with the nations of Judea. However, with more stable finances now giving me a lengthy time period in which to participate, I want to try and join the region for good this time, making it a permanent home. I have a very potent roleplay idea that I think the region may like to participate in, and it culminates in giving me the ability to RP with the group of nations I broke into the game with in 2009 while not breaking my commitments to Greater Dienstad.

V. What are your relationships with current members of this region?
OOCly, extremely well with most states.

Please link to at least Three (3) examples of your writing:
1. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34473&hilit=Andromeda
2. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=99381
3. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=95360&hilit=Sinistra+Wei
4. [Insert LINK Here - OPTIONAL]
5. [Insert LINK Here - OPTIONAL]

Nations Anticipating a Move as Part of the Judean Federal League:
Hohenzollern Germany
Indonesian Cameroons
Indonesian Rhodesia
Mianeseire
New Helenkaern
Ozanria

Greater Carlyonia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Carlyonia » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:39 pm

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Republican Federation of Carlyonia
- Short-form Nation's Name: Carlyonia
- Nation's Government Type: Stratocracy
- Head of State (And Position): Grand-Admiral Straton, Mikhail Alexavich
- Nation's Population: 336 million

- Current International Conflicts: None on the forums but me and Vlack have a story in the school news letter with an out of school friend [who will be joining NS as Romaza].
- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: No canon war

The country itself was established after a three year civil war amongst the Rakmaari citizens between the years of 1747 and 1750. Lower class citzens, provoked by large tax prices, broke away from the Rakmaari Monarchy and after a series of bloody battles, and the cost of the war becoming too high for the Rakmaaris to maintain, independence was declared by Commodore Kristian Vilok Mier of the Resistance Navy in 1750. In the centuries following the war, the newly formed Carlyonia became a valuable trading asset between Corvnia, Rakmaar and the Romaza. Carlyonia provided a neutral port in the middle of the Great Ocean where these nations could send their ships between trade ports. As a consequence Carlyonia's own trade products of timber, coal, iron and furs began to make its way into the market. Carlyonia, being military focused, also became a strong exporter of military products, a powerful shipbuilder and a powerhouse of military knowledge and training.

Carlyonia has historically been a neutral state. It was one of the first nations signed on the WA conventions. During The War of Silent Transgressions, Carlyonia swayed slightly towards the Rakmaari Hegemony, however she kept open, good relations with the west. Carlyonia has been involved in a number of heated political situations, particularly between Rakmaar, and Romaza and Corvnia , but has never been involved in armed conflict between the two nations due to a lack of power. However, in recent times, Carlyonia's defense force capability has significantly increased, both through government funding and assets. It has been involved in the recent Berbia conflict, providing naval support to Romaza troops. The Carlyonian defense force is considered one of the best forces in the world.

Carlyonia's population is primarily Rakmaar, with Romaza and Corvnian influences. The population enjoys a high quality of living, however health care is starting to become problematic. Education, to secondary level, is free to all, however private schools also exist as an option to the higher class people who can afford it.

Politics

Carlyonia has been under military rule since independence was declared. The style of military rule has changed significantly since the 18th century however. Originally the nation was governed in the same style as a Military Junta, however as the public gained more influence, the governement evolved to that of a Stratocracy, whereby 75% of cabinet roles are filled by military personnel. Public services positions and 25% of cabinet roles may constitutionally be filled by civilians.

Both civilian and military personnel in the government come under the command of the Chief of the Carlyonian Defence Force (CCDF). This person is elected from ether the Carlyonian Navy, Carlyonian Marine Corps or the Carlyonian Air Armada. CCDF's do not have a set amount of years to serve, however no CCDF has ever served more than 10 years. The CCDF will appoint 30 ministers of cabinet (7 of which are required to be civilians). These ministers each have their own portfolio for a section of the federal government, and they work with the Congress, Senate and Lower House to pass legislation.

The Joint Civilian and Military Command of Carlyonia (JCMCC) is the highest level of government in Carlyonia, and all legislation is created here, passed down through, and then back up. This has resulted in a lengthy law passing process, however the process is protected by Constitution and cannot be changed without a referendum. In the nation's history, 3 referendums have been put forward to the public to change this process, and all 3 have been rejected.

The JCMCC contains portfolios relating to nation-wide issues, such as treasury, defense and foreign relations. Regional issues, such as healthcare, education and public transport are handled at the Lower House level.

The CCDF remains the executive power over the defense force, however the individual service chief's are granted more power in administering their service than that of most nations.

The current CCDF is Grand Admiral Mikhail Alexavich Straton, who has been in the position for 3 years.

Carlyonia's Strengths: Shipbuilding, a mighty and experienced navy, an Experienced Marine Corps, Strong Economy, Strong Education views, Undying Patriotism, Liberal Stratocratism, and a strong Work Ethic.

Carlyonia's Weaknesses: Health care, Government Regulation on Gun Laws, Problems with Military interference with Civil Security Protection agendas.

III. Why do you think you will be a good fit in Judea? (What qualities of yours will make you an excellent addition to Judea?)
I am a good RPer.

You guys have an awesome map, awesome OOC relations, awesome activity level, and your advertisement is very good

OOC Relationship with:

Vlack/Corvnia - Pretty good, school buddies, and drinking buddies.
No other OOC relations

IC relations:

None

1. A War At Sea
2. The Eastern Revolt
3. Rising of Shadow

OOC: I am also called Rakmaar
Republic of Carlyonia
| Ashazeth | [url]Map[/url] |
| Alliance of Militaristic States |

Merieu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Merieu » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:08 pm

The Judean Application

National Information

- Conventional Long-form National Name: The United Chiefdoms of Merieu

- Short-form Nation's Name: Merieu

- Nation's Government Type: Constitutional Oligarchy

- Head of State (And Position): There is no head of state, each Chieftain is equal in their lawmaking power, aside from the Head Chieftain, who acts as Commander of the Merieu National Armed Forces.

- Nation's Population: 5.123 Billion

- Current International Conflicts: None. Merieu is currently at a DefCon 5, the lowest we’ve been able to achieve in years.

- Current Domestic Military Conflicts:
None.

A good synopsis of what Merieu is like can be viewed in our factbook. It includes a history, how the government operates, the Constitution of the nation, what life is like for the average citizen, and a section on the different parts of the nation is currently being updated. Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3839

There are several things you won’t find in there, though, or perhaps you don’t want to read it all, so here’s a brief description of the nation:

Merieu is a large, but still densely populated industrial nation, filled with everything from cosmopolitan metropolises, blue-collar slum-cities, landed plantations, corporate-owned towns, “two point five children and a white picket fence” suburbs, and massive estates for the rich and powerful.

While there is a thriving middle class, the gap between rich and poor is immense. The poor may only earn a few marsh (1 marsh being the equivalent of two dollars) a day, while a middle-class person may earn anywhere from fifty, to five hundred, while an upper-class person may earn thousands or tens of thousands.

Merieu’s government, the Council of the Thirteen Chieftains, is a sort of Nightwatchmen state; it provides nothing more than the basics needed to survive. A police force is provided by a branch of the national military, which protects against force, fraud, and coercion, among other specifics. Other than that, it’s everyone for themselves in an unregulated capitalist dogfight.

Each social class has their own assortment of cultures.

Most citizens of Merieu belong to the working-poor. They work long, hard days for slave wages in smog-choked slums, lorded over by diligent MP’s for any sign of rebellion. They’re frequently in constant and inescapable debt, and have no hope of ever acquiring an education. Most of them have to turn to crime just to survive.

As a matter of fact, most working-poor are involved with a gang or criminal syndicate in one way or another, and the amount of crime that happens in the nation is absolutely crippling, to the point where the poor aren’t even allowed to enter certain cities, let alone live in them.

Among the rural population, most live stable lives in corporate owned plantations, or corporate-run rural towns. For those that decide to become “independent,” they need to submit themselves to a constant and usually never-ending cycle of debt, where in order to remain competitive, they need to borrow money, equipment, livestock, and seeds from corporations at a scale that leaves them in debt for years, even decades. The corporations love this, because it discourages any sort of independent competition to them.

In the middle class, there actually tends to be a number of cultures and subcultures. The varied amount of cultures, fads, and trends can happen among the middle class, because unlike the poor, the middle class typically has enough spending money to purchase entertainment, electronics, and consumer goods. In other words, you can take two middle class people, and they’ll probably have two different lifestyles.

Among the rich, you have three flavors: The old posh families who’ve been rich since the dawn of time, and hate everyone that isn’t them, the business owners and political patsies, who expect life to exist only for their entertainment, and the syndicate bosses, who clawed their way up from poverty through a pile of bodies, and live their lives in constant fear of the law.

Merieu is very economically powerful. Its economy is almost completely unregulated, and tariffs are all but illegal, so many nations love doing business in Merieu. This leads to many citizens of the nation living some of the most statistically comfortable lives in world.

Despite only having a sales tax that varies from Chiefdom to Chiefdom, the government still makes trillions of dollars. Almost 91% of that money goes towards funding the military, as it’s one of the governments only responsibilities. Consequently, the military of Merieu is massive, and comes equipped with only the finest gadgets, vehicles, arms, and armor in the world. It even has access to orbital bomb stations, and elite, lab-raised, genetic supersoldiers.

However, the poor of Merieu live lives not that much better than those living in the third world. They’re violent, cutthroat, and completely uneducated. Many, if not all of them, are involved with gangs or syndicates, which wreak havoc on anybody who’s not with them.

As well, the government is very corrupt, and only provides for the absolute minimum its citizens need to survive in life. This leaves many citizens disgruntled, but the promise of one day making it big in Merieu’s wide open economy keeps people from moving away.

I’ve been involved in roleplaying for years, and I love world-building, whether it’s in encyclopedia format, or revealed in the form of a story (the latter being the more fun way). I think I’d make an excellent addition, because I feel I could add a new layer of depth, and roleplaying to the region.

Not only that, but Merieu is a dark and interesting place. The lack of law enforcement, pervasive crime, cutthroat capitalist world, corrupt government, and massive military make Merieu an excellent place for adventure, politics, and war.

The region looks like a hub for active, experienced roleplayers, and I’ve love to be with people who don’t post one-liner war declarations, launch a million nukes in a minute, and field bigger than their population.

I’m an acquaintance to Yohanne, who I’ve roleplayed a tad with in Global Economics and Trade. I love his storefront, and his idea for the stock exchange was brilliant. Other than him, you’re all fresh faces to me.

1. http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/in ... hread=4007 (I am ASLeggett ((Walder)) in that forum.)
2. http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/in ... 405&page=1
3. http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/in ... 712&page=5
4. http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/in ... hread=3788 (That is a steampunk world I’ve been working on for some time now.)
5. http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/in ... hread=1845 (That was a world I’d started when I was six, and never really stopped working on until a few years ago. Bear in mind, in the unlikely event you read any of that mess, most of those words were translated from a younger me’s mind just so they’d make sense, let alone create a compelling world. But it’s there, so yeah.)
The United Chiefdom of Merieu's Factbook | Embassys in The United Chiefdoms of Merieu

Defcon: 5. Peacetime 4. Passive 3. Alert 2. Aggressive 1. Wartime

Current Exchange Rate: $M1 = USD $2.01

Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: 7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

Albrante
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Lets do this again eh? ;)
The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The New Kingdom of Albrante
- Short-form Nation's Name: Albrante
- Nation's Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
- Head of State (And Position): Prince and Prime Minister Johnothan IV
- Nation's Population: 3.6 Billion

- Current International Conflicts: N/A
- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: The almost concluded brekadown of social order and dissoloution of the government.

A hardy, cynical and clever group of people with a black sense of humor. With a long history of trade and exploration Albrante has placed economic strength at the forefront of its aim and has been accomplished in this area for a long while. Not predisposed to war and in peace time the people are quick to push the army from forefront of the national focus but in tough times the people of Albrante rally together as a courageous and tenacious united force.

The New Kingdom boasts an ever powerful economy and a small, strong professional millitary. Although due to rioting and constitutional crises were are at present a weakened shadow of our former glory.

Well apart from being a charming guy i'm an old hand in the region and have been in and associated with it since its founding following the breaking of NEMA, which I was also a member of.

It would be great to back were I once was and hopefully I can start being on NS more than I previously have been.

V. What are your relationships with current members of this alliance?
I was on pretty good terms with the memebers of Judea before I, for a second time admitedly, went inactive.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38016
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=74777&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82475
Last edited by Albrante on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ambrosian Kingdom of the Crown and People of Albrante
------------Fortuna-Supra-Prospectum-Sita-Est-------------

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:39 am

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name:The Republic of Ranbo
- Short-form Nation's Name:Ranbo
- Nation's Government Type:Religious Democracy
- Head of State (And Position):His Holiness Ranbo the 14th, President
- Nation's Population:Bordering 460 million currently

- Current International Conflicts: [Be Specific]
None at the moment
-Recent end to Ranbo's civil war
Cause: erupted over crippled economy
Sides:
•Ranbo Military
•Rebels
Big Battle: Siezing of the Port of Bhastion
Victor: Ranbo Military

[Type Your Answer Here...]
Founded in 1801 over fierce fighting about war, the Ranboian people developed an interesting way of life...
Religion: Ramboism
The belief that Rambo was a heavenly god, and people must pray to him two times a day. The ideology follows the factor that guns and fighting are ways of life, and humans cannot be swayed from that path.
Customs:
•Patting people on the back is necessary
•Fights are a sign of manhood
•Daily pacifist floggings are attended by many
Food: Though the Duck is a preserved animal, many Ranboian delicacies include pigs, newts, and the Jlingon Bear(found on Jlingon Island)

Strengths:
1.)Loyal to allies
2.)Strong Military
3.)Nice human rights
Weaknesses:
1.)So-so economy
2.)People are brash and make quick decisions
3.)Sometimes overdoes military campaigns(aka too much firepower)

Well, as one that does RPs a lot, I can always set up conflicts for you to RP. As the (current)Director of Regional Security in The Region of Sion, I am skilled in making sure things are safe. Recently, I have been involves in a project setting up a Fenda organization.

Since TRoS is dying, and I was denied into The Union of Epic Nations, I set my eyes on this one. I'd like to apologize for hiring a Hitman on Solm, because I was angry at all application regions at the time.

I am not just a regular region nation. I'd prefer to be a part of something bigger, and this is why I think Judea is a good fit for me.

[Type Your Answer Here... Specifics Required]
I really don't know much about the members here. Solm and I were off to a rocky start, but we made amends. With that in mind, I'm interested in making new friends here!

1. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=130747&start=425
2. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=143187&start=1525
3. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=136515&start=625

Please note: Some of these threads started months ago, when I was new here. Though being called on for some behavior, it is these threads that have shaped me into the responsible RPer I am today.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Rhods
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhods » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Things change, people fall apart and mold new incarnations. Relationships, personalities, expirence all change. Needless to say #J, I've changed, so many times it's ridiculous actually. Yet I'm still here, my nation name, government, region, all change. Yet I'm still here. There are those that berate me for this change, those that call me a "region jumper" and ect. but honestly I've come not to care. Now I've come to a decision, and you may trust that it is a final decision. I've decided to try and kill the past, by letting Gratislavia CTE, and making Rhods the state that has never changed and who's policies I've enjoyed roleplaying the most. My main nation. But a nation without a home is not a nation at all, and so I look back one last time to the past and observe the first "Real" region I was ever in. The region which contained the best memories of NS, from "Autocratic Catholic Imperium", to "Holy Empire", Judea has been there. Now I seek re-admittance to the region that truly got me interested in RPing.

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Bolshevist Union of Rhods,
- Short-form Nation's Name: Rhods, The Bolshevist Union
- Nation's Government Type: Leninist-Communist state, Unicameral Political system
- Head of State (And Position): First Secretary Ivan Chernyovskaya
- Nation's Population: 3.775 Billion

- Current International Conflicts: [Be Specific] The Union is locked into an everlasting class struggle against the bourgeoisie of other nations (Ergo none)

Originally the nation was founded as a colonial possession of Imperial Abruzi, in the year 1763 after Afina the Great was crowned Tsarina of Abruzi. Originally uninhabited, the Abruzians fought hard against the natural threats of the Rhodian frontier. Eventually managing to establish basic trade facilities and forts in the wilderness of the state. In saying such the economic situation of the area began to boom as the demand for furs and minerals escalated as the Industrial era began to dawn. More and more Abruzians came to the colony in search of freedom from the ever oppressive Tsar, who still held power within the Abruzian homeland. After the Great December Revolution that put the Neo-Bolshevist in power within Abruzi. Rhods declared it's independence from the state, securing nationhood without any resistance from the Abruzian state. Henceforth the nation became, "The Bolshevist Union of Rhods." A nation built and governed on the principles of Marx and Lenin. Because of the original inhabitants/colonist the nation is populated primarily by Anthropini-Slavs.
Rhods finds strength in her natural resources and the resolve of her people. However outdated military equipment and the general scare population density means that Rhods relies solely on tactics and numbers to win her battles. Economically the Union's economy is stable and expanding, however growth is substantially slower as all members of the proletariat rise at the same level. Likewise the strict adherence to the original ideas of Marx and Lenin make the Rhodian state unloved.

See top paragraph, it's where I started, it's where I finally want to find a home daawg.

See top paragraph daawg.

OOCly- Very very good
ICly- Non-existent

1. Fuck
2. You
3. Gumby

THEFORTRESSSTATEOFRHODS

The Honorable Enlightened Supreme General of the Fortress State
Emeka Chukwuemeka'desta Dakarai Olufemi Abioye Toure
High Lord of the Victorious Insurrection of the Chosen Emissaries' Army

Phoenigetuzstha
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenigetuzstha » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:15 pm

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Carthaginian Colony of Phoenigetuzstha
- Short-form Nation's Name: Phoenigetuzstha
- Nation's Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy/Semi-Oligarch Parliament
- Head of State (And Position): King: Joseph Getutha
Suffetes: Hannico Gisgo, Hasdrubal Himilco
- Nation's Population: NS: 811,000,000, RP: 900,000

- Current International Conflicts: [Be Specific]
None RP'd but there are some
None

Phoenigetuzstha is a nation which was formed from the remnants of the Carthaginian Empire. Around 170 BC a Phoenigetuzsthan army invaded and conquered Roman Africa. Attacking the Spanish Penninsula, Corsica, Sicily & Sardinia as well. While the Spanish & Corsican attacks were repelled there was minor success in Sardinia and Sicily, capturing part of both the islands. The current Phoeniegtuzsthan territory looks like this:

The people of Phoenigetuzstha are predominantly Punic, however Numidians and Libyans are also part of Phoenigetuzsthan culture and citizenship is extended to them. Phoenigetuzsthan's are worshippers of Ba'al Hammon, Tanit & Melqart, plus other personal Gods. Human sacrifice is conducted every so often, however this is only in times of dire need, such as if our great city is in danger and we need a favour to the Gods. We also have a religious custom in which we send our best cattle to Tyre as a sacrifice to Melqart. Phoenigetuztha adopts a mercantile trade policy, following on from the Carthaginans who were the greatest traders in the Mediterranean. The Phoenigetuzstha government is a Constitutional Monarchy, with the monarch having equal authority as the two suffetes. Suffetes are elected every 2 years and run the state along with King Getutha. This allows a voting system between them on proposals. Proposals are brought and debated by the Council of Elders. The council of elders are seperated into family factions, each with their own ideologys. People can vote for the family who's ideals are most like their own. Our government is semi-Oligarch in the fact that the richer families have more campaigning oppertunities and can set up public celebrations, such as chariot racing shows or public food handouts.

Strengths:
Wealthy
Devout
Adept military commanders
Well educated

Weaknesses:
Relies on Mercenaries in war
Would quickly collapse if economy were to suffer
Oligarch
Human Sacrifice

I am new to RP'ing and enthusiastic. I have quite a lot of time to RP too.

I'd like to jon an RP'ing region, I haven't been in one before and would like to try it.

I don't have any :( I hope this doesn't affect my application, I will integrate myself if I'm accepted.

1. RP set in Phoenigetuzstha
2. RP about the Fall of the Roman World
3. NSGPII
(3rd one is a sports RP)
WHF5: 1st (24 points)
WHF6: 15th (7 points)
WHF7: 7th (24 points)
WHF8: 5th (29 points)
WHF9: 13th (13 points)
WHF10: 4th (31 points)
WV20: 6th (75 points)
WV21: 9th (72 points)
WV22: 4th (135 points)
WV23: 10th (76 points)

The Pearl Imperium
Secretary

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl Imperium » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 am

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Pearl Imperium
- Short-form Nation's Name: The Pearl Imperium
- Nation's Government Type: Monarchy
- Head of State (And Position): Jentsch Ernst
- Nation's Population: 9,04,1927

- Current International Conflicts: None.
- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: None.

The Pearl Imperium is a nation of brilliant wonder, with a lot of emphasis on community, with even the largest cities being split into smaller regional districts. Solidarity is key to this bliss nation.

Strengths are its idyllic, partially mundane and highly easygoing society, while the weaknesses are its fragile and peacekeeping-only military force.

We are idyllic and happy. Everybody loves variance.

To spread happiness to all the world.

None.

1. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102102
2. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=111897

Sorry, I only have two.
Cellar Door.

Greater Carlyonia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Carlyonia » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:15 am

Reposting this

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Republic of Carlyonia
-Carlyasky Respublik

- Current International Conflicts: None on the forums but me and Vlack have a story in the school news letter with an out of school friend [who will be joining NS as Romaza].

The country itself was established after a three year civil war amongst the Rakmaari citizens between the years of 1747 and 1750. Lower class citzens, provoked by large tax prices, broke away from the Rakmaari Monarchy and after a series of bloody battles, and the cost of the war becoming too high for the Rakmaaris to maintain, independence was declared by Commodore Kristian Vilok Mier of the Resistance Navy in 1750. In the centuries following the war, the newly formed Carlyonia became a valuable trading asset between Corvnia, Rakmaar and the Romaza. Carlyonia provided a neutral port in the middle of the Great Ocean where these nations could send their ships between trade ports. As a consequence Carlyonia's own trade products of timber, coal, iron and furs began to make its way into the market. Carlyonia, being military focused, also became a strong exporter of military products, a powerful shipbuilder and a powerhouse of military knowledge and training.

Carlyonia has historically been a neutral state. It was one of the first nations signed on the WA conventions. During The War of Silent Transgressions, Carlyonia swayed slightly towards the Rakmaari Hegemony, however she kept open, good relations with the west. Carlyonia has been involved in a number of heated political situations, particularly between Rakmaar, and Romaza and Corvnia , but has never been involved in armed conflict between the two nations due to a lack of power. However, in recent times, Carlyonia's defense force capability has significantly increased, both through government funding and assets. It has been involved in the recent Berbia conflict, providing naval support to Romaza troops. The Carlyonian defense force is considered one of the best forces in the world.

Carlyonia's population is primarily Rakmaar, with Romaza and Corvnian influences. The population enjoys a high quality of living, however health care is starting to become problematic. Education, to secondary level, is free to all, however private schools also exist as an option to the higher class people who can afford it.

Politics

Carlyonia has been under military rule since independence was declared. The style of military rule has changed significantly since the 18th century however. Originally the nation was governed in the same style as a Military Junta, however as the public gained more influence, the governement evolved to that of a Stratocracy, whereby 75% of cabinet roles are filled by military personnel. Public services positions and 25% of cabinet roles may constitutionally be filled by civilians.

Both civilian and military personnel in the government come under the command of the Chief of the Carlyonian Defence Force (CCDF). This person is elected from ether the Carlyonian Navy, Carlyonian Marine Corps or the Carlyonian Air Armada. CCDF's do not have a set amount of years to serve, however no CCDF has ever served more than 10 years. The CCDF will appoint 30 ministers of cabinet (7 of which are required to be civilians). These ministers each have their own portfolio for a section of the federal government, and they work with the Congress, Senate and Lower House to pass legislation.

The Joint Civilian and Military Command of Carlyonia (JCMCC) is the highest level of government in Carlyonia, and all legislation is created here, passed down through, and then back up. This has resulted in a lengthy law passing process, however the process is protected by Constitution and cannot be changed without a referendum. In the nation's history, 3 referendums have been put forward to the public to change this process, and all 3 have been rejected.

The JCMCC contains portfolios relating to nation-wide issues, such as treasury, defense and foreign relations. Regional issues, such as healthcare, education and public transport are handled at the Lower House level.

The CCDF remains the executive power over the defense force, however the individual service chief's are granted more power in administering their service than that of most nations.

The current CCDF is Grand Admiral Mikhail Alexavich Straton, who has been in the position for 3 years.

Carlyonia's Strengths: Shipbuilding, a mighty and experienced navy, an Experienced Marine Corps, Strong Economy, Strong Education views, Undying Patriotism, Liberal Stratocratism, and a strong Work Ethic.

Carlyonia's Weaknesses: Health care, Government Regulation on Gun Laws, Problems with Military interference with Civil Security Protection agendas.

I am a good RPer.

You guys have an awesome map, awesome OOC relations, awesome activity level, and your advertisement is very good

OOC Relationship with:

No other OOC relations

IC relations:

None

1. A War At Sea
2. The Eastern Revolt
3. Rising of Shadow
Last edited by Greater Carlyonia on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Carlyonia
| Ashazeth | [url]Map[/url] |
| Alliance of Militaristic States |

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Greater Carlyonia wrote:Reposting this

(Image)

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Republic of Carlyonia
-Carlyasky Respublik

Politics

I am a good RPer.

OOC Relationship with:

No other OOC relations

IC relations:

None

1. A War At Sea
2. The Eastern Revolt
3. Rising of Shadow

Carlyonia: You've already been accepted, please check out the main Judea thread. There's no need to repost your app. Please hop on the IRC so you can introduce yourself to everyone in Judea.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Anglegard
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglegard » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:16 am

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name:The Kingdom Of Anglegard
- Short-form Nation's Name:Anglegard
- Nation's Government Type:Hereditary Monarchy
- Head of State (And Position):King Johan I of House Anglieun
- Nation's Population:10 Million

- Current Domestic Military Conflicts:None

The Kingdom of Anglegard is a small island nation in the northern climes. The weather in winter tends to see temperatures ranging from 0 to 14 degrees Fahrenheit. With snowfalls averaging 71 inches. The summers are mild averaging 52 to 70 Degrees Fahrenheit. With an average rainfall of 22 inches. The north is dominated by a thick alpine forest slowly giving way to sweeping grasslands in the south. The KoA is divided into three provinces which will be explained here.Provinces of Anglesgard
Anglia-Anglia is the old seat of the House Angleun, and is in the northwest of the country the Thomas river delta is in the northern most portion providing great farmland for the short growing season during the near 24 hour days of summer. The Major cities in this province include The Royal city of Tyrian which is the head of KoA as well as the scientific center of the country. The Royal Military University and Anglesgard Institute of Technology are located in this city. Also Present in this region is Carrollton Von Thomas. This city is noted for its high quality production of cannabis and mead (The National Drink of Anglesgard.)Scotia-To the East of Anglia seperated by the Thomas River is Scotia. The famed Scotian Tabacco is grown here.Many of the fine furs that are exported are also trapped in this region of shore of this region is the great Northern Oil Shelf. Iron,Tin,and Coal are also mined in the lowlands of this region There is only one Principal city in this region. Port Neches is the largest seaport in the country and also its industrial Center.The Port Neches University of Engineering and Mathematics is located here.Lesbon-Lesbon is a wind swept plain located in the south of the country. This has lead to this becoming the bread basket of the country. Angleun Apples ,Tobacco, and Sheep. Being grown and raised right here.Eagles River situated where the Thomas meets the Eagles river in the north of the province has become a thriving trade city with contact reaching far beyond the Kingdoms borders. It is also the cultural center, and tends to be a bit more relaxed than anywhere else in the Kingdom. The Royal University of the Arts is located in this city.Lindesdale is in the south of this region it is the agricultural center of all KoA educated and regulating in all Agricultural affairs. The Anglesgard University of Mechanics and Agriculture is here.The people of KoA are a strong hearty folk. They are fiercely united, of course this has not always been the case. The Great House Wars of the 14 and 1500's cemented the countries isolationist policy. The War of the Houses as it is refereed to in KoA history pitted the major houses of the three provinces against each other. The Anglian Houses of Angleun VonThomas and Browning fighting alongside their Scotian Allies House WolverTittle against the Lesbonese Houses.Galt, Heinrich. and their Scotian ally House Kyser. With the only notable house staying neutral being the House Sloan. The long and bloddy war which seemed not to gain in anything except loss of life was settled with the marriage of King Aaron III of house Anglieun to Eula von Lesgard of House Legard in 1567 also referred to as the joining of the eagles.

Strengths:Patriotic, Nationalist, Agriculture base is good, Population is small.
Weakness:Extremely Isolationist/pacifist in non domestic politics.

I have plenty of time to contribute to the community. I will spend my time getting to know each and everyone of you. Plus role play is what I love to do. It is probably my favorite of all hobbies.

To be around top quality role players.

V. What are your relationships with current members of the region?
I have met and spoke to a few. For now most everyone is simply an acquaintance, but I hope that I will become close friends with everyone that I cross here.

Spoiler as instructed.
King Johan I stared out the large window of the Royal Office. The thick November snows gently floated to the ground the moonlight cast an ominous glow across the courtyard. He brought his gaze up above the white marble wall. The mighty evergreen trees stood unyielding and strong against the stark cold and bleak darkness. How he wished to be in those trees now. Hunting bore or silently enjoying a lover in the snow, but since his father had passed a week earlier his days of young adulthood seemed centuries ago. He couldn’t have felt more alone. His father’s death came as quickly and as unexpectedly as a July snow.
He had been crowned in the hall of Freyr hours later in a hasty ceremony. He didn’t think it very becoming of a ruler of such a great land but Field Marshal Browning had been insistent that it must be done to return the talons to the eagle. He drew heavily from his pipe letting the thick blue smoke cloud his face. If it was that simple he thought to himself. He paced in front of the window watching only the floor as he smoked. His nerves were getting to him. In a few minutes he would announce to his general and military staff something that would shake the very core of the nation.
He looked again out the window he could see Field Marshal Browning coming towards the palace. His black rise cap and trench coat drawing a stark comparison to the snow. It must be colder than usual Johan thought to himself, as he watched the Field Marshal approach the red in his cheeks was easily noticeable against the brown of his skin. I doubt that he wanted a 0530 meeting anymore than I wanted to call one Johan thought to himself.
Johan walked over to his desk. The large oak desk seemed to span a good portion of the room. He sat in the large leather chair seemed to consume him as he sat. He sipped slowly on his tea letting the velvety richness linger in his mouth. Freyr please let this go well he silently prayed. The knock came at the door. “Come In.” Alonso his chamberlain came in. The old man nodded slowly to him giving a respectful half hearted smile. “Your Majesty, Field Marshal Browning here to see you Sir.” Johan nodded returning the smile. “Send him in Alonso.”
“Very well Sir!” He shuffled out hurriedly. The Field Marshal entered he removed his black leather gloves and walked to the table holding the coffee pot. He poured some into a teacup and brought it over with him as he sat in the chair opposite Johan. He looked at him with deep black bottomless eyes. A smile snuck from his lips betraying your iron gaze. He sipped slowly from his cup shaking his head as he did.
“Your Grace.”
Johan could not help but to return the Field Marshals smile.
“Never thought you would be calling me that did you.”
“No John I didn’t. I mean your grace.”
Johan brushed off the commit with a mock wave of his hand. “Anthony we have been friends a lot longer than I have been Monarch, Joe is just fine.”
A military sternness returned to Anthony’s face. He was and had been for sometime the Field Marshal, and that look meant that no length of friendship would change that now. He sipped from his cup.
“Your Grace I was wondering if I could inquire at the matter of this meeting!”
Johan’s eyes met Anthony’s as he relit his pipe and took a long slow draw. “Field Marshall I need you to increase palace security.”
The Field Marshal reached inside his trench coat and produced a pack of smoke and his stainless steel lighter. He looked at Johan. “May I?”
“By all means please do.”
He brought a cigarette to his lips and lit it taking a quick drag before again returning to business. “It is not my place to question you, your highness, but as a friend may I ask why?” Johan opened a drawer and pulled out a manila folder. “Once I sign the documents inside this dossier. The borders of Anglegard will be open to foreign trade again for the first time in more than five hundred years.”
The Field Marshal looked at him obviously stunned. He took a longer pull off his cigarette and blew the smoke out slowly as if thinking it over as he exhaled. He set the saucer and cup on the desk and reached again into his trench coat. This time extracting a flask. He poured a bit into his cup and sealed the lid back on. Johan laughed allowed and reached across the table motioning for the flask. The Field Marshal handed it to him being careful not to break his gaze.
“Your grace you know what this means don’t you?”
Johan took a slug off of the flask and handed it back. “Of course I know what it means, it was my idea. Too long have we been separate from the world. It is time that we took our place among the nations of the world not shied away from them.”
Anthony shifted uneasily in his chair. “How do you think the country will take this your grace?”
Johan sighed leaning further back in his chair. “Only time will tell.”
Anthony choked on his smoke as he began to cough. “You mean to tell me you don’t know!”
Stiffened in his chair as he bolted upright. “I don’t need to know I am your king and my decision is final!”
Anthony quickly put his cup down and laid his cigarette in the ash tray and got to attention as if hit with a bolt of electricity, “Then your grace what are my orders?”
Johan opened the dossier on his desk. “First you shall watch me sign this and then you to will sign it. Johan took a pen out of his desk. He opened the dossier and quickly scrawled his name and punched the paper with his royal stamp. He pushed the dossier across the desk to the Field Marshal, and handed him the pen. The Field Marshal bent down and added his eloquent signature next to the kings.
“Your next order is to make sure this information get into every newspaper, radio station, and Intranet site in Anglesgard!” The Field Marshal took the dossier and tucked in and his left arm. “Then I want you to contact every nation you can and invite them to view Anglesgard, tell them they are invited as royal guests.” The Field Marshal began putting on his gloves. “And finally tell that jackass Admiral Bauserman to stand down and make contact with approaching ships.”
The Field Marshal gazed nervously at him. “Is that all your grace?”
“Yes Field Marshal I do believe so.”
The Field Marshal Offered a quick crisp salute. Johan returned it lazily and went back to looking at the papers on his desk. The Field Marshal collected his rise cap under his right arm and opened the door to leave. Johan took a draw from his pipe and look towards the door. “Anthony!”
The Field Marshal turned to him.
“It’s going to go well I promise you.”
A smile again betrayed the Field Marshal. “John I always knew you would make me an old man before my time.”
Johan laughed softly to himself as the Field Marshal left. I guess in a way he’s right he thought to himself.

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:42 pm

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name:The United World Order
- Short-form Nation's Name:UWO
- Nation's Government Type:Marcus Struben Frantz
- Head of State (And Position):Marcus Struben Frantz(Herr Fuhrer)
- Nation's Population:Eight Hundred Seventy Nine Million

- Current International Conflicts:No international conflicts that we know of as of now. [Be Specific]
- Current Domestic Military Conflicts:A radical democratic party formed when The Confederate States of Anagonia invaded and took over is planning a coup in the capital city and with information already known by several agencies within the UWO but must investagate and get proper evidence which is now that GWO(Grand World Order) is involved to assist in the situation.

[The United World Order is a Police state run nation ran by Herr Fuhrer Marcus Struben Frantz and is primarly a fascist nation aswell. The people are racialy western europeans that immigrated from a different land. The people also are basicly encouraged and praise the government and follow it's rules and regulations. Most people in the UWO are devout fascists and have loads of pride for their country they call home. The customs in the UWO are mostly that regularly but not frequently they're are military marches in the Capital city of Berlina. Other customs include a large festival for the many western europeans which is called "Ethnic Pride Day". Other customs would be on Herr Fuher's birthday all citizens are left to freely decorate their homes for the event and watch the celebration for his birthday which is one of the most popular customs in the UWO.
The culture is mostly Western european like since they're are a variety of cultures, German, Irish, Scottish etc. The most celebrated cultures are the Germans and Scottish, They are the most memorable because with the Scotts they have their famous play off of different marching bands who compete to play the best version of "Scottland the Brave" and other songs. The German Culture is celebrated by a week long festival of German food, Beer etc. ]

[The Strengths of the UWO are it's navy knowing that the UWO is made up of three islands that are linked together and thus the Navy is our top priorty along with National Security. Law enforcement in the UWO are geared and armed equalevent to Military personal and are authorized to use Armored Vehicles for protection and intemadation. Other strengths include the peoples devoutness to it's government that it would die for it then surrender to a faulty one. The UWO's weaknesses are that their is alot of rural lands in the UWO due to Cities not being so clustered together and only are connected by highways makes crime high and likely their for robbers, Bandits etc. Other weaknesses is diplomacy, Nations like to judge the UWO on their idealogy possible bad deeds it's done in the past. It makes the UWO have less Allies then it would like to half]

[Well i understand some Judeans would think it be rather boring to rp with another "LOLZ FASCIST HITLERZ NATION" like that but i would be a good fit because im not all like that, UWO is police state with facists ideals incorporated in it meaning im probably different than others and would be a nice unique fit into Judea.]

[Iv'e seen past Judean rps and i find them awsome and interesting and it would be fun to get into to those type of rps and also i find Judea to be a successfull region that i would join anyday if i was allowed the chance.]

[Well ive been in the Juden IRC for months but i don't think i have much relations with Judeans OOC wise but im rather active in the IRC.]

1. [http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=149414]
2. [http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=132937]
3. [http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=146549]

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:40 pm

THE QUATRIARCHY

Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Federal Quatriarchy of Sailsia
- Short-form Nation's Name: Sailsia, The Quatriarchy, Insulia
- Nation's Government Type: Federal Tetrarchy, Meritocratic-Democratic Republican Hybrid
- Head of State (And Position): Federal President Azzo Dario
- Nation's Population: 122,840,029

- Current International Conflicts: The Quatriarchy has remained neutral in foreign conflict for several hundred years, and banned all mercenaries from fighting abroad in the year 1785.
- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: Starting in 1927, the Federal State of Insulia, a member of the then Sailsian Confederation, launched a succession of wars against various other Federal States until Insulia was the dominant one. There has been no internal conflict by two uniformed armies since the last of the "Insular Wars" in 1982. However, rare guerrilla attacks have been committed on several occasions by extremist anti-federal militia groups against State and Federal personnel.

The Thyrian Peoples inhabited the geographic area known today as Sailsia in the late bronze age. These nomads established a Council of Chiefs around the 190s CE, which was the first established government in the area. Sailsia had been a bare plains climate for several centuries, however, a shift in weather patterns made the northern coast very fertile. It was along the coast that the first cities were born.

After thirty years of the Council's founding, the northern cities surpassed the nomad council to the south, in population, technology, and production. The result was a divide between the poor decentralized south, and the opulent, fertile north dominated by the Northern Kings. However, each of the powerful Northern Cities was independent, and from a geographical perspective, the Nomads still maintained a larger portion of continuous land. It wouldn't be until the late 17th century that the Northern States would be united under the Theocratic zeal of Grand Bishop Alfonzo the Merciful. The following two decades would see crusade after crusade launched by the Northern Marogasnian Church against the pagan nomads, but little progress was ever made.

The Theocracy was toppled when Sparza Bolea led an army of three hundred thousand pacifists, sick of the bloody crusades and waste of life, into the city of Carinse, sat at the steps of the Great Cathedral and demanded the Bishop to resign. Seeing the massive number of protesters, he met the demands of the protesters, and the following year, 1793, saw the first Presidential Elections. The Northern Confederation, as it came to be called, remained in tact until the Nomad lands were invaded by various regional powers. The Northern bind to their Thyrian brothers proved too strong for the invaders, and the Sailsian Confederation expanded to its modern boarders, including the Nomad Lands, in the year 1850.

The religious divides however, remain until today, as well as the economic and political ones. Ancient Noble families in the South still control most of the business and politics in the area, despite Federal Corruption Department intervention. Sparzio Ideology in the most populated cities continues to remain dominant, however, most of the Army contains Marogasnians.

The Quatriarchy maintains a strong central army, and widespread civil unrest is rare, as free press and elections offer a vent for those with apposing views to challenge one another. Sailsia also produces many important resources, such as soy, ethanol, automobiles, and salt. It is however, struggling to deal with the economic division which plagues the nation, and remains the top priority by 64% of Sailsians. (Poll taken by the Social Insulian Party)

In addition to previously being in the region for roughly eight months, I bring unique and new ideas to the table whenever possible. I'm looking to truly define myself as an RPer, and I think Judea ultimately, is the place I can do that.

Again, I want to define my RPing skills, as well as establish the Quatriarchy as a known force in the overall RP community as a whole, and Judea appears to be the region I can do this the best, while enjoying a similar community to Tetrakon.

Solm: Have talked/RPed many times.
Ewa: We have reconciled and apologized, and I'd like to think we are on rather good terms, what with a clean slate which, to my knowledge, hasn't been tarnished.
Bunnicula: Since he has a nation in Tetrakon, we've talked occasionally for a year.
Dewhurst: I recall talking to him when he first started out, but when he moved to Judea we never had much of a reason to talk.
Hunter: We facebook friends nigga.
Azura: Him and I have collaborated many times in the past, as well as talking about personal topics, such as our religious ideas, our own lives. I consider him one of the best in NS, and have followed any advice he's given me the best I can.
Ostro: He was in Azhukali I think, I recall collaborating with him in my stint as a Cong Prospect.
Reth: We've RPed a few times together, as well as collaborated. When Azhu split, he moved to Judea, and, like Dew, I just never had a reason to talk to him after that.
Terg: He was a member of my first alliance, and both of us started out in NS at a similar time. He was in Azhukali for a while too.
Ustio: I've talked to him on the Azhukali RMB when he was a member. (and would post)
Vlack: I RPed with Vlack over a year ago, and recall giving him a number of pointers.

I think the rest of the Judeans who were members during the summer of '10 recall my delegate-ship of Judea. (hmm... maybe I shouldn't bring that up lol)

1. My RP /w Solm, Also My Most Recent
2. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=100022
3. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=103233
4. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106257
5. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=103574
6. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106433
Last edited by Sailsia on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

Malhavok
Attaché

Founded: Nov 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Malhavok » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:20 pm

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Pegasus Imperiate of Malhavok
- Short-form Nation's Name: Malhavok
- Nation's Government Type: Authoritarian Federal Elected Monarchy
- Head of State (And Position): Prince Luis Rodriguez
- Nation's Population: 417,000,000

- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: Police Action against Insurgents in the northern mountains, rumoured to be funded by the Trivvalians (yet to be rped)

The Pegasus Imperiate of Malhavok is a moderately sized, culturally and demographically Spanish-Italian inspired nation that is resource heavy and food scarce. This has lead the Federal Government, itself only concerned with 5 key areas; feeding the populace, collecting the national sales tax, the defence of the nation, overseeing foreign affairs and continuance of the Imperiate.

The people, for the most part, are generally content, although there remains a sizeable minority, especially in the mountainous north, who oppose the Pegasus Imperiate and prefer either the short lived Malhavok Republic of 1970 to 1981, or previous monarchical dynasty, the Cortes family, who were deposed in 1970. The people are relatively free to live out their lives, although unemployment and low contribution to society is both a social offence and, with the adoption of the Santani Declaration, a criminal one in Crown Lands. Those living in the States or one of the Special Areas of Economic Interest are subject to generally higher taxes, although the standard of living, with the exception of a few Crown cities, including the capital San Anna, is also higher.

A great many people find employment either in the Federal Navy, State and SICA coastguards or in the trawler and container ship industries, with more trawlers being registered in Malhavok than most other places. These great trawler fleets sail far and wide in order to provide enough fish to complement the meagre supplies of grain and other crops the Pegasus Imperiate produce. Recently cattle farming, as well as sheep, goat, chicken and pig farming have become more popular, although most farms are small, struggling family businesses.

The horse is venerated by the Children of Havok, and it is illegal to kill one without government permission. It is never legal to eat horsemeat, or use horseflesh to make leather.

The Pegasus Imperiate boasts a moderately powerful land force, and an above average navy for the nations size with many ships and talented officers and crew, but possesses ageing equipment also, whilst the air force is more than three dozen 70s fighters, a dozen heavy bombers and large number of light and training planes crudely converted for combat duties.

The nation's lack of arable land for crop growing is a major weakness, and the government is forced to go cap in hand to other nations for aid should the already meagre harvests fail. The nation boasts a strong national identity, although the minority Islamic population is sometimes at odds with the majority Havok-worshipping populace, with each religion considering the other heresy.

I was here before, I'm active, and an op, on the IRC and most importantly... I'm active rping again!

Cos you mah bros and stuff.

Also, I see the rpers Judea has and I think 'I wouldn't rather be anywhere else tbh.'

Either allied or friendly-ish with most of you in previous incarnations whether in Judea or out. ICly technically a Solmian protectorate, I suppose, as I've carried that through a series of reboots (this is the last one... I pinky swear).

1. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67974 - character driven rp with some names that need to get active again >.>
2. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107942 - doing some blockading stuff
3. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=134125 - explaining my 'slavery'
4. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=94174 - tis ft
5. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=150748 - My latest rp
6. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116415 - an rp, like most of mine, I really wish I had finished. some of my better work imho.

Note: This is not a St George puppet, this will be my main MT rping account.

Zanziik
Secretary

Founded: Nov 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanziik » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:48 pm

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Federated States of Zanziik
- Short-form Nation's Name: Zanziik
- Nation's Government Type: Free market democracy
- Head of State (And Position): President Aaron M. Shepland
- Nation's Population: 6.095b (Though I'll probably choose to RP with a more realistic population based on how my neighbors RP.)

- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: None, though there are some agitators within the Federated States who decry the government's corporate ties.

Zanziik is a republic of states organized under a federal government based in the capital of Zanziik City. The current form of government is inherited from a period of colonization during which *INSERT NATION* subdued the indigenous population and established rule over the region. Zanziik obtained its independence *WHEN? HOW?* There remains a sizable minority of indigenous peoples, who tend to be less well educated and of lower economic status than the descendents of the colonizers. (This is obviously a work in progress, I'll need to talk to the nations I situate next to in order to hash out a history, culture, etc...)

The Federated States are a relatively economically powerful nation but there are vast inequalities in the distribution of wealth. Those of indigenous heritage are particularly less wealthy on average. Zanziik has a vast population, supported by widespread, rich agricultural lands. Urban populations tend to be well educated and wealthy while rural populations are undereducated and poor.

I think I'm a fair RPer, I'm not afraid to "lose," and I'll be moving into RP fairly quickly after I'm accepted. I've also spoken to some of you on IRC and I hope I've shown that I'm not completely idiotic :P

Looks like a decent place to find some RP, and I've got free time and the will to write.

None prior to tonight, been in IRC for a bit now.

1. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=82483 <--- Broken Promises: AMW RP that I let die, unfortunately, due to school work. But I think my RPing was alright while it lasted...
2. viewtopic.php?p=1228587&sid=9e48709b397704b189e59298c3e499eb#p1228587 <--- Short IC reply to an RP that never took off.
3. >:| all my NS RPing was done on Jolt, it's all lost now. I can link to some Particracy RPs, if necessary, or some non-RP writing.
Member of: APSIA
“Qu Antvuimos dae Cimonis”

Sarmia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarmia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:36 pm

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Naval Supremacy of Sarmia
- Short-form Nation's Name: Sarmia
- Nation's Government Type: 'Tribal' Confederation
- Head of State (And Position): Dread Captain Mahmoud al-Baq
- Nation's Population: 34,561,000

- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: On-going naval skirmishes with all of Judea (800 year+ conflict ;p)

The Naval Supremacy of Sarmia is a small-ish, unique nation with little-to-no identifiable government, beyond an annual meeting between the 37 Captainers and the Dread Captain himself, where targets and congratulations on the years spoils are given out. The entire nation seems to be geared towards equipping, supplying and supporting the Captaincies and their ships and fleets, with some possessing full blown carrier task forces, enough to challenge any of those who look to remove the Sarma people from existence. The air force is entirely contained within the Navy, although, although 3 major military air fields do exist. The army is moderately equipped, but they pale in comparison to the mariners who serve aboard the nations first, and most effective, line of defence.

What little industry there is is entirely focussed upon these ships, and the fishing fleets they also operate, with most dishes containing some fish or another.

The Naval Supremacy is small in terms of economic power, and in population, and is outnumbered by most nations in the land forces department. It is also poorly looked upon by it's neighbours for the frequent raids of coastal shipping.

Sarmia boasts a strong, cohesive society, with many cultures mixing effectively in the cities, where most of the population lives.

I was here before, and want to see Judea recovery from it's recent troubles.

Cos you mah bros and stuff.

Either allied or friendly-ish with most of you in previous incarnations whether in Judea or out.

1. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67974 - character driven rp with some names that need to get active again >.>
2. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107942 - doing some blockading stuff
3. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=134125 - explaining my 'slavery'
4. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=94174 - tis ft
5. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=150748 - My latest rp
6. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116415 - an rp, like most of mine, I really wish I had finished. some of my better work imho.
Bah!

The Mumbaikar Confederacy
Civilian

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mumbaikar Confederacy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Mumbaikar Confederacy
- Short-form Nation's Name: The MC, Mumbai, the Confederacy.
- Nation's Government Type: Federation
- Head of State (And Position): Abrik Singh
- Nation's Population: 1.5 billion

- Current International Conflicts: [Be Specific]: Currently none
- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: Occasional riots occurring within Mumbai.

The Mumbaikar Confederacy is a large nation made up of several states, each state having a Maharaj in command. There is a Maharaj of Goa, Maharaj of Punjab, etc. However, all of them ultimately answer to Abrik Singh, the Maharaj of Bombay. He is simply referred to by the English term of Emperor. (Kashmir does not have a Maharaj, they have a Sultan, due to the Muslim majority population of the state.)

86% of the population follows Hinduism, with 8% following Islam. 1% follow Christianity, 4% follow Sikhism, and 1% follow other beliefs such as Buddhism, Jainism, Judaism and others.

The national language is Sanskrit after a massive revival program, and it serves as the lingua franca of the Confederacy. Individual states have their own languages. Most Mumbaikars are multilingual and speak more than one language.
The military is massively corrupt, especially at the lower levels, and poorly equipped. The weapons are quite old, and there is poor training. Each state has it's own military. However, there is a huge population and the soldiers tend to be fanatical about serving the Confederacy, the Maharajas and the Emperor.

An exception occurs with the Punjabi military, which keeps it's soldiers well armed and well trained. 7% of Punjabis are soldiers, giving them a large military as well.

Many notable scholars and religious teachers hail from the Confederacy.

Another strength of the Confederacy is the fact that we have lots of rich, fertile land that's good for farming and we use it well. We can also produce important resources as salt, ethanol, coal and iron ore. We desperately require more oil though, which is a weakness.

Approximately 14% of the population is unemployed and an even greater percentage live below the poverty line. In some states, most notably Uttar Pradesh, the caste system is still legal and in effect.

I'm a somewhat decent rper, but I'm a much more OP, especially with character roleplays. I disastrously tried to enter II rps around a year ago when my cousin co-shared my main account of Nightkill the Emperor with me, stopped rping for a while, created a successful rp series called Elfen High, and built up my rping skill. As I can now create paragraph long posts, I'm generally confident in my ability to be a member of Judea.

I've been getting back into nation rps, and II rps in particular, which have always been at a higher level than those half-assed F7 nation rps. So I may as well join a nation dedicated to that.

Minnysota- I met him in March 2010 or so during a fun but stupid little rp calls 2000s. He's been a friend, though I've trolled him considerably by once pretending I was a teenage girl. Fun times.
Italian Mafias- Also met him in 2000s rp. (He was the OP.) I like him and he's a good rper. We've crossed paths occasionally after that, though not too much.
St George- Never rped with him, but we've bumped into each other throughout F7 and General. I was in a cult dedicated to worshiping his crotch, no lie.
Wewt- Have rped with him occasionally, generally like the guy.

1. viewtopic.php?p=8057987#p8057987
2. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143187
3. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=117943
4. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=127758
5. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=132559

These links aren't completely great, but I have been taking the time to improve in my rping.

And yes, I am Nightkill the Emperor's puppet.
Last edited by The Mumbaikar Confederacy on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falasia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Falasia » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:59 am

The Judean Application

National Information
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Federation of Falasia
- Short-form Nation's Name: Falasia
- Nation's Government Type: Federation
- Head of State (And Position): Tito Ricalos
- Nation's Population: 3.054 billion

- Current International Conflicts: Currently none [Be Specific]
- Current Domestic Military Conflicts: Currently none

[The Federation of Falasia is a nation which contains several states, where each state is governed by a mayor. Falasia is remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The people enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often. It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Falas. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 94%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry. ]

[The Falasian Armed Forces are by far Falasia's most powerful and exceeding forces of the nation. The nation is respected for it's achievements within the military including international affairs, regional and terrorist plots upon Falasia. The natural resources the lay within Falasia are also rich and is what the nation itself thrives on. One of Falasia's weaknesses would be it's pollution within the major inner city suburbs of the states.]

[Falasia would thrive in a region like Judea, as I have been apart of this region before not so long ago, and the region had strongly influence my attitude towards "roleplaying" for the good of this nation. ]

[Judea has a reputation for it's excellence with rivalry with other nations in the region within war and international struggles.]

[Past member of Judea in 2010]

1. [http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48672]
2. [http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38016]
3. [Insert LINK Here]
The Reichstag||Member of CLIM||Embassy Centre
Member of CLIM
Member of Slazenagara Embassy Center

Vlack Sturm
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlack Sturm » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:00 am

The Judean Application

National Information Vlacky
- Conventional Long-form National Name: The Citizens' Federation of Sturmia
Föderation Sturmland

- Short-form Nation's Name: Sturmia
- Nation's Government Type: Stratocracy and Federal Republic
- Head of State (And Position): The Military Authority Council
- Nation's Population: 4.429 billion

- Current International Conflicts: None [Be Specific]

Sturmian citizens' are largely Germanic in ethnic makeup, with roughly 72% of the population declaring themselves as Germanic. The next most populous ethnic group non-Germanic, constituting a further 16% of the population. During the times of the Empire, the ethnic groups fought for power through political ways [until 1918].

Sturmian people, being so vast in number, tend to have varying customs from Consortium to Consortium, though the one uniting factor is an indoctrinated state of pro-Stratocratic Values and Principles. Greater Sturmian culture demands that individuals who fail to prove useful to the State are useless and are to be despised. Suicide is common in the Richer/Snobbish classes, both due to cultural pressures but also because of the spoiled lives of the Rich. Overcrowding is a minor problem, due to industrial sectors [cities] are equal to the Agrarian sectors [farmland].

The military, civil, intelligence, security, and law service is elevated to a somewhat godlike status within the Federation, and for many non-citizens these are the only ways to a better life. Education is done through military schools [for military, intelligence, and paramilitary centric families], public schools for public and civil service-centric families, and Private for economic, social, and/or religious-centric families. The heavy levels of propaganda and indoctrination of Federation youth leads to a mass of recruits, only the strongest and ablest are accepted. Gun ownership is legal in Sturmia; provided the owner can pass a strict competency test, a psych evaluation, and proof of citizenship. Sports such as paintball, lacrosse, and various martial arts are popular in the Federation. This is primarily driven by the Federation's policy of non-military and non-paramilitary training of citizens in preparation of an invasion by a foreign nation. The Vasaholm Declaration of 1994 places an emphasis on pursuing murder cases above all, with sexual assault only drawing their attention if causes a massive amount of suicide in a Consortium or the Federation of a whole.

There are four common forms of death circumstances for Sturmians: Old Age [at 66%], Exposure to the elements and cancer [26%], Suicide from sexual assault and social failure [3%], and War [3%]. Common age of Death ranges from 76-94 Years of Age.

Corporate sponsorship is embedded firmly in Sturmia, with several corporations large enough that they operate their own security forces. The two largest corporations, Black Wolf Arms Industries and the Wolverine Corporation both actually have Cities of their own, with employment numbering in the thousands.

Religion is not sponsored by the State in Sturmia, and the majority of Federation identify as atheist, deist, agnostic, or other secularist movements. Outside of the Atheist majority, a large Christian and Paganist movements have been in Sturmia since the formation of the empire.

The government is led by the Militant Authority Federal Office [MAFO], which is headed by Chancellor-Marshal William Shredder, is separated into the Executive Council [The Polemarch-Marshals and President-Marshals], the Dual Federal Legislative Councils [The Senatorium and the Great Consulate], and the Judicial Council [Protective Echelon Leadership Council]. They meet in Randgriz-Vasaholm one of the cities of the Skandian Consortium of the Sturmian Federation.

Strengths
-Overly Patriotic
-Strong Government
-Strong industry
-Semi-strong Social Market Economy economy
-Experienced military

Weaknesses
-Social Welfare
-Social Classes
-Overly Patriotic
-User of Stratocratic Insurgents in other countries

I'm a good roleplayer

I need a solid and stable place to park my nation's butt. Honestly I was planning on having a diplomatic thread with my former north Judean neighbors. And would like to initiate that.

I think I have a good friendship with each and everyone of them of the Judeans.
But I love Oz the most, and Minn and Wewtlandem the second.

1. Involvement in 72 Hours
2. Being a Sturmian and a Sturmian Prisoner [Short Story about Prisons in the Federation]
3. Brother in Arms [relations with Rethan]
4. The Vasaholm Declaration of 2011
5. Federal News Network
Last edited by Vlack Sturm on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Federation of Burzia
Pardes

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay