NATION

PASSWORD

[NSNS] NationStates News Service

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 pm

The only telegrams or irc logs from the TSP events that I shared publicly were those about a member of TRR trying to overthrow Kandarin/Naivetry. Other people may choose not to keep my conversations with them private, but I don't intend to share any.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Sedgistan wrote:They're small parts of large conversations, so yes - on that point they give the wrong impression.

So your point is, there is no greater plot involved, your were cornered and spilled the beans?

I do not know if i buy it, but still well played, I enjoyed watching.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Wanjestay
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanjestay » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:18 am

Sedgistan wrote:The only telegrams or irc logs from the TSP events that I shared publicly were those about a member of TRR trying to overthrow Kandarin/Naivetry. Other people may choose not to keep my conversations with them private, but I don't intend to share any.

That is silly, imo. To myself, uninformed as I am, it looks like you're hiding something.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:30 am

Wanjestay wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:The only telegrams or irc logs from the TSP events that I shared publicly were those about a member of TRR trying to overthrow Kandarin/Naivetry. Other people may choose not to keep my conversations with them private, but I don't intend to share any.

That is silly, imo. To myself, uninformed as I am, it looks like you're hiding something.

Let's see...staging a tyrranical coup of a feeder under an alternate identity while simultaneously being a member of a prolific defense organization who attempted (sort of) to intervene in the situation themselves? No, he couldn't possibly be hiding anything else. COuld he?

........no, of course not. He's to trustworthy for that.
Last edited by The Murtunian Tribes on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:40 am

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:...while simultaneously being a member of a prolific defense organization

I've not been involved in the FRA since the end of July last year. I went there on TRR's behalf recently to argue for Unibot's impeachment, and the repeal of their "rogue delegate" policy, but I do not consider myself a member of the FRA.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:44 am

Sedgistan wrote:
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:...while simultaneously being a member of a prolific defense organization

I've not been involved in the FRA since the end of July last year. I went there on TRR's behalf recently to argue for Unibot's impeachment, and the repeal of their "rogue delegate" policy, but I do not consider myself a member of the FRA.

Unless you were HIDING being a member of the FRA. DA DA DAAAAAAA!

Wanjestay
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wanjestay » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 pm

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Wanjestay wrote:That is silly, imo. To myself, uninformed as I am, it looks like you're hiding something.

Let's see...staging a tyrranical coup of a feeder under an alternate identity while simultaneously being a member of a prolific defense organization who attempted (sort of) to intervene in the situation themselves? No, he couldn't possibly be hiding anything else. COuld he?

Well, in my opinion, as posted on the Dharma RMB, there's really nothing wrong with the 'coup' in the TSP. Not exactly A-OK, but even I can recognise that a feeder 'coup' is quite a bit different from an attempted coup in Europeia, for example.

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Wanjestay wrote:
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:Let's see...staging a tyrranical coup of a feeder under an alternate identity while simultaneously being a member of a prolific defense organization who attempted (sort of) to intervene in the situation themselves? No, he couldn't possibly be hiding anything else. COuld he?

Well, in my opinion, as posted on the Dharma RMB, there's really nothing wrong with the 'coup' in the TSP. Not exactly A-OK, but even I can recognise that a feeder 'coup' is quite a bit different from an attempted coup in Europeia, for example.

What? :blink:
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Wanjestay
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Wanjestay » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Rachel Anumia wrote:
Wanjestay wrote:Well, in my opinion, as posted on the Dharma RMB, there's really nothing wrong with the 'coup' in the TSP. Not exactly A-OK, but even I can recognise that a feeder 'coup' is quite a bit different from an attempted coup in Europeia, for example.

What? :blink:

Well, the 'coup' in TSP, as I (an uninformed rper with a few attempts at gping) see it, was, to begin with, native backed. A coup against the Europeia delegate would likely leave the new delegate as legitimate as the new delegate in a feeder, as Europeia, being a founder region, can be said to 'belong' to someone, i.e. the founder, with the delegate likely to be founder backed (this isn't the case everywhere, of course).

The delegate in a feeder is decided solely by 'democratic' vote. If more people (more 'natives') vote for another person, in this case Sedge/Devon, that's just the region exercising semi-democratic processes.

The actions that took place after the coup, suppressing posts, banjesting/ejecting 'natives' are what raises eyebrows, for me anyway.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:22 pm

OOC: I don't feel like I really need to stay confidential seeing as this is pretty common knowledge, but even though I tged this, I figure I would post this here for feedback. :)

Howdy,

So, I've run acorss this news service (most recently during Nai's resignation) and I'd like to drop another WA news story tip (that somewhat involves myself). The tip is the undergoing feud and inter-regional and acorss the aisle bitter and velhement fight over the subject matter of Bioweapons. So, here's just a little summary of the story.

First off, let's venture back in time to the good old days... the days where GA #65 (Biological Weapons Conference) was passed by myself. This proposal passed by a very slim margin, but had total support from IntFed leaners because it was a total-ban on Bioweapons within the WA. However, good things only last for so long.

About a year later, Knootoss, renownded NatSov and opposer to a total-ban on Bioweapons, successfully authored and passed a repeal of GA #65, claiming that the resolution was too weak and that WA nations wanted more. However, after the repeal passed and Knootoss attempted to put in a replacement, it was clear that he was only trying to push his NatSov agenda and pass legislation that would legalize the usage and stockpiling of Bioweapons. Ultimately, this failed, as well as two similar proposals by Knoot's bud, Destructor Bunnies, that would have done the same thing.

This whole ordeal made IntFeds, like my self, furious, and with the support of fellow state, Mahaj, a condemnation of Knootoss was authored. Although never submitted, it put all of the NS Security Council on edge as there were accusations of communisms, lies, political backstabbing, etc. (Knootoss actually respondning by authoring a repeal of my commendation that essentially put both parties in MAD when it comes to the SC).

Naturally, I followed this up with proposing and campaigning for my own bioweapons proposal, one that ultimately would have banned bioweapons. After extensive campaiging, it reached the queue and came to a vote. Upon reaching a vote, it was defeated, but partially because I, the author, withdrew my support from it because I realized there were numerous inherent errors that needed to be fixed.

During this time, Knoot approached me and apologized, and I did the same. He offered and requested that we work together to find a bi-partisan compromise on bioweapons, and I accepted. We worked tirelessly, with both sides making concessions, and finally, the "Bi-partisan Bioweapons proposal" was born.

However, this wasn't the happy endoing everyone was looking for when it came to the bioweapons saga. Fellow IntFed and inter-regional member of mine, Glen Rhodes, was furious at the concessions I made as an IntFed, and campaigned against this proposal and for his own total-ban proposal. Glen has accused Knootoss of blackmailing or "zombifying" persay, me into going along on a centrist proposal (that he firmly believes is not centrist). Currently, where everything sits, the endorsement differential sits at 53-24 in the bi-partisan resolution's favour.

So... if you could/want to do a story on this, feel free, as I know a lot of WA big-wigs would be interested to hear it. Below is a list of all relevant links! :)

Thanks!

--Berg

Bipartisan Bioweapons Accord: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=131345
GR's Biological Weapons Convention: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=114522
Biological Weapons Accord (DEFEATED)by me: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=116938
Repeal Biological Weapons Conference (By Knootoss): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=113995
Commend Bergnovinaia (By Unibot): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40675
The original Biological Weapons Conference (NOW REPEALED): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14147
[Draft] REPEAL Commend Bergnovinaia (By Knootoss): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=117911
Condemn Knootoss (By me/Mahaj): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=119118
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 pm

This News Service reports Gameplay-related news. Not roleplay or GA or such.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Crazy girl wrote:This News Service reports Gameplay-related news. Not roleplay or GA or such.

Well... I suppose it could be gameplay considering how ticked everybody is at each other. ;)
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Gameplay isn't just getting annoyed with other people >_>

If you don't believe that, go check out NSG :P

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Gameplay isn't just getting annoyed with other people >_>

True dat'. That's really an annoying place. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I don't know why this can't be addressed in a gameplay way since a lot of it really has to do with "regional politics"--something right in the forums title! It could also be addressed IRCly as I have probably developed grey hairs because of the lovely saga. :p
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:47 pm

The General Assembly has nothing to do with Gameplay. It has its own forum. This is simply some silly disagreement you two had about GA proposals. If you want to know what Gameplay is, I suggest you read the stickies/announcements at the top of this forum. If you have any further questions, please ask them in the Moderation forum or send a TG to myself or Sedgistan, so we don't drag this thread off-topic any further.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Ooooh! A news service... Good Luck Sedge and CG... May it last longer than the previous news service
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks! Nearly 4 months now, though the articles aren't quite as frequent as they were when we started - not because we've given up, but because the Gameplay forum is more active than it was then.

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Gameplay isn't just getting annoyed with other people >_>

Wait wait wait. It ISN'T?!
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay