NATION

PASSWORD

Economy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Kjoman Isles
Secretary

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Economy

Postby Kjoman Isles » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking to boost my economy, as I'm only on 39 at the moment.

Any tips on what sort of resolutions to take in issues, which issues to dismiss etc?
Vumuf Ouin Raynd; Follow Your Heart
Does your nation play rugby union? players looking for a sea change, or lots of easy money for a quick season? Telegram me for more information.

Aescentia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aescentia » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Well, there's over 300 issues, so it's a bit difficult to tell which ones to take/dismiss... :p

I would always suggest reading whatever issues you get closely and making sure you pick the option YOU THINK will raise your economy. If you're not sure if it will or not, just post it here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you find the effects.

Cheers
Aescentia :)

(also, congrats on your very first post!)
Last edited by Aescentia on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Archregimancy wrote:Back to dirty, perverted, shameful sex, please.
Ardchoille wrote:Get back to the tits and boobies, you lot!
NERVUN wrote:I am NERV thy MOD. Thou shalt have no other gods before us.
Reppy wrote:Because fun is fun
Stew cranberries like apples
Tastes much more like prunes

I RP under the nation the City of Vauxhall, mid-PMT. ~~ The One Time I was Ever Reported
Handy Links: GE&T Help Desk ~~ Storefront Creation Guide ~~ NSBBB ~~ NSDossier ~~ French Motto Clinic ~~ Technical FAQ ~~ Le Fil Français

Kjoman Isles
Secretary

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kjoman Isles » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 am

Thanks buddy, I'll post any issues that trip me up! :)
Vumuf Ouin Raynd; Follow Your Heart
Does your nation play rugby union? players looking for a sea change, or lots of easy money for a quick season? Telegram me for more information.

Swkoll
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swkoll » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:33 am

Just do whatever the corporations want you to do.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need an Ignore Cannon?
Embassy NS wiki page
Current Wars: None as of now
Member of: Nothing right now
Defcon: 1 [2] 3 4 5
6*9=42
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
97% of People of NS won't notice I did my math wrong, if you are the 1% who did, copy and paste this into your sig.

I lost the Game.
Zonolia wrote:You are without doubt the smartest NS player ever...
Montiar wrote:Best f*cking idea for a storefront ever.

Bluth Corporation wrote:You know, I used to be anti-Obama.

Then the anti-Obama folks opened their mouths and I listened to what they had to say.

Now I'm pro-Obama.

ARMATECH CORPORATION
Secretary

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ARMATECH CORPORATION » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:52 am

Most of the time it is 'obvious' as to what issues will affect the economy just by reading them. If something sounds pro-business, then it will most likely cause your economy to grow. However, it depends how you want your economy to form, do you want it to be:

Free Market: Try to keep taxes low (0% to 25%), and minimise government bureaucracy. Pro-union legislation or pro-environmental legislation will not help this type of economy to flourish. Intervene in business only to stop complete chaos in your nation, like appropriate levels of law enforcement, and a minimum of education, welfare, and healthcare to deter crime etc.

Mixed Economy: Taxes about medium level (25% to 60%). Keep private enterprise from abusing the environment too much, can allow some union activity, and minimum wage laws etc. Put a sizeable amount of budget into education, commerce, healthcare, and law enforcement, to ensure a healthy working populace and a sizeable public sector.

State Economy: Taxes at high level (60% to 100%). Private enterprise is heavily curtailed, if not banned outright. Can choose to allow unions or not, allow minimum wage laws or not etc. This type of economy is difficult to manage effectively, as you need to balance the budget priorities. 100% tax rate means that your citizens depend on you (the government) for survival, so spend appropriate percentages of budget on education, health, transportation. Spend a LOT of money on commerce, as the public sector needs the funds for growth.

Each of these economy types has strengths and weaknesses, its up to you to choose which one you prefer.

Return to Gameplay