NATION

PASSWORD

How Do You Recruit

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Do you think RFBs in other regions have the right to Troll, Trollbait (Flamebait or Flame)?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes : 24

Osnaburgh
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

How Do You Recruit

Postby Osnaburgh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Being perfectly honest when asking this but how does your region recruit new members, and how do you handle negative feedback from users who prefer not to be bothered?
Last edited by Osnaburgh on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Left click the 'Infantry' option in the barracks.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Osnaburgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnaburgh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Left click the 'Infantry' option in the barracks.

I have no idea what that means, could you explain?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Osnaburgh wrote:I have no idea what that means, could you explain?

First take your bulldozer, constructed at the command center. Make sure you have enough resource points. If you don't, build a supply center and transport trucks to get some income flowing.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Osnaburgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnaburgh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Osnaburgh wrote:I have no idea what that means, could you explain?

First take your bulldozer, constructed at the command center. Make sure you have enough resource points. If you don't, build a supply center and transport trucks to get some income flowing.

Not to mock you or say the wrong thing but at this point I am not Rp'ing, I am generally asking for help and ideas on what other regions are doing to recruit and attract new members.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:15 pm

What CM is trying to tell you this is the wrong forum.

This is mainly for the angry argumentative lonely people of the NSG. Politics and debate.

Gameplay and technical are for those type of questions.

People recruit in many ways. Lazarus region are for people who forget to login and get resurrected. You could try there. Some of the larger regions looking for a change.

The RP forum if that is what you are looking to do.

Don't spam as it does annoy people.

Good luck.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Osnaburgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnaburgh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:21 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:What CM is trying to tell you this is the wrong forum.

This is mainly for the angry argumentative lonely people of the NSG. Politics and debate.

Gameplay and technical are for those type of questions.

People recruit in many ways. Lazarus region are for people who forget to login and get resurrected. You could try there. Some of the larger regions looking for a change.

The RP forum if that is what you are looking to do.

Don't spam as it does annoy people.

Good luck.

Thank you :)

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 am

Mod note: removed the unhelpful replies posted by NSGers after this thread was moved.

Romanar
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:36 am

Osnaburgh wrote:Being perfectly honest when asking this but how does your region recruit new members, and how do you handle negative feedback from users who prefer not to be bothered?

Generally, the best way to recruit is to send TGs to the newly founded nations in the 5 Feeders. You can also send TGs to nations in Lazarus and The Rejected Realms but they're less likely to join. You can also post recruitment messages in the RMB's of those regions, but that doesn't work as well as individual TGs, and annoys the natives.

As for negative feedback, I remember getting some complaints from some nations,some of which were funny, and a couple that bordered on troll. I generally ignored them. If anyone tries to bait you into a flamewar, it's best to notify the Mods.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:02 pm

You can recruit by posting advertisments in feed region RMB's, but this not very effective and just annoys people. Telegramming newly founded nations is by far the best way, but the propblem is you have to send a lot of telegrams. A LOT. If you know anything about scripting, I suggest writing an automated program to help. All the cool regions do it. 8)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:51 pm

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:You can recruit by posting advertisments in feed region RMB's, but this not very effective and just annoys people. Telegramming newly founded nations is by far the best way, but the propblem is you have to send a lot of telegrams. A LOT. If you know anything about scripting, I suggest writing an automated program to help. All the cool regions do it. 8)

Isn't using an automated program to send TGs against the rules?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:You can recruit by posting advertisments in feed region RMB's, but this not very effective and just annoys people. Telegramming newly founded nations is by far the best way, but the propblem is you have to send a lot of telegrams. A LOT. If you know anything about scripting, I suggest writing an automated program to help. All the cool regions do it. 8)

Isn't using an automated program to send TGs against the rules?

No. As long as you only send one TG per nation, you're ok. How you do it is your business.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:05 pm

As per this, it is illegal to sent out automatic recruiting telegrams.

Most recruitment tools just list nations available to recruit - this is legal.

Osnaburgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnaburgh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Noticed you generally get negative response back from new nations who are puppets. Since the user who controls that nation already has other nations they probably made that puppet for a reason and already have a targeted location to transfer to. Genesis was one of those regions who sent out those TGs automated t o most of my puppet accounts, after awhile I noticed they don't even respond back..lol

I do wish there were easier ways to recruit but what can you do really right......

thank you for all your help :)
Last edited by Osnaburgh on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Make a Telegram and just send it to nations (in the Pacifics). Make it attractive, bold points for emphasis, and create a follow up message (when or if they come).

With negative replies. Depends. Ignore most of them, if they are in violation of the rules, report them. But don't let it get to you.

Don't bother trying to recruit veterans of the Pacifics. They ain't going to join. They are popular there, they have stayed there for a time and a ton of endorsements. Look for those who have resided there the least amount of time, pick them off.

Raxar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Raxar » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Zone 37 does not troll, flame or defame in any other way. The primary recruitment strategy os to utelize the Pacific regions, Lazarus, and the Rejected Realms as being where players start out, or re-start. Generally these players are looking to for something that our region offers (i.e., moderate size, member of an inter-regional orgainzation, ect.) I will not reveal the content of recruitment telegrams at this time, possibly never.
No offense is intended to members of the regions stated above.
You Need a Raxaran Embassy. See my factbook here DEFCOM Level: 1 2 3 4 5
Political Compass: Dynamic Conservatism
Founder of Zone 37,
Member of the Flag Makers Guild,
Minister of Foreign Affairs to The League of Powers
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Have we ever gone so far as to ask a probibility of the random event of not occurring of not on time for bears to drive taxi's?

Raxar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Raxar » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:Make a Telegram and just send it to nations (in the Pacifics). Make it attractive, bold points for emphasis, and create a follow up message (when or if they come).

With negative replies. Depends. Ignore most of them, if they are in violation of the rules, report them. But don't let it get to you.

Don't bother trying to recruit veterans of the Pacifics. They ain't going to join. They are popular there, they have stayed there for a time and a ton of endorsements. Look for those who have resided there the least amount of time, pick them off.

This is what I do, but in the Rejected Realms and Lazarus.
You Need a Raxaran Embassy. See my factbook here DEFCOM Level: 1 2 3 4 5
Political Compass: Dynamic Conservatism
Founder of Zone 37,
Member of the Flag Makers Guild,
Minister of Foreign Affairs to The League of Powers
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Have we ever gone so far as to ask a probibility of the random event of not occurring of not on time for bears to drive taxi's?

Osnaburgh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnaburgh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Raxar wrote:Zone 37 does not troll, flame or defame in any other way. The primary recruitment strategy os to utelize the Pacific regions, Lazarus, and the Rejected Realms as being where players start out, or re-start. Generally these players are looking to for something that our region offers (i.e., moderate size, member of an inter-regional orgainzation, ect.) I will not reveal the content of recruitment telegrams at this time, possibly never.
No offense is intended to members of the regions stated above.

Its okay I understand that but chances are since I have so many puppet nations I have already received your regions recruitment advertisement as well as most others.

I just find it funny when you make a puppet account and within the first 5 minuets there are 3-4 TGs with recruitment adds, and of course the welcome letter from the mods...lol

See with some of the free to recruit regions they have a world forum of there own of site, one of the forums has all the free realms listed. And the founders or leaders of them are located on that site and it makes it so much each easier to form embassy's as well as recruit new members.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay