NATION

PASSWORD

Balder - State Opening of 19th Storting

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

O-nigiri
Civilian

Founded: Oct 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby O-nigiri » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Solorni wrote:Everyone wants Imki :)

Imki, Lovely Queen of Balder :)

Tananat
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tananat » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:36 pm

I know I'm a randomer but can the puppets stop?

United States of Vietnam
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United States of Vietnam » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:28 am

Tananat wrote:I know I'm a randomer but can the puppets stop?

No.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Balder: Now featuring gigantic text walls in its RMB about affordable housing!
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Onder Kelkia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Onder Kelkia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Balder's 6th Foundation Anniversary

Today, we celebrate six years of Balder history.

On 19th October 2011, the regions of Balder and Osiris were created. A dash to secure both regions commenced. Queen Solorni, Crown Prince North East Somerset, Zander Cerebella and I are the only remaining citizens who joined on that first day. Early elections occurred for provisional officeholders, including for the interim Delegate and President of the Convention. On 21st October, the regions of Europeia, The New Inquisition, The United States of Europe and The Land of Kings and Emperors entered into the Pact of Friendship, promising their active support in upholding the security, democracy and laws of Balder. Since these momentous events, we in Balder have collectively forged a democratic and independent future. Our citizens' efforts have created one of the friendliest and most engaging regions in the game.

Over the past six years, Balder has been a beacon of political harmony. A brief 24-hour coup occurred on 22nd November 2011, when the interim Delegate Luxembourg attempted to establish a tyrannical regime. This coup was thwarted when Luxembourg fled. From that point forward, Balder has enjoyed uninterrupted domestic peace. Balder's stability has provided foundations for the development of a successful ad democratic community. Within that timeframe, several other Game-Created Regions have suffered multiple coups. By contrast, Balder has remained secure under the protection of our Delegates, most notably Queen Solorni. This has safeguarded our democracy and security.

Apart from our pleasant political environment, a key factor behind Balder's stability and security has undoubtedly been our decision to separate the roles of Delegate and head of government. In January 2014, Balder took a bold and innovative step forward. We decided that there was no need for the Delegacy to change every time a new head of government was elected. We could be just as democratic without putting our security at a level of risk that no major User-Created Region willingly accepts. We have been able to take this path due to the universal respect for Queen Solorni. Our successful record demonstrates the effectiveness of monarchy in the Game-Created Regions. Balder has proved to be a trailblazer in the field of GCR governance.

In honour of this anniversary, the Government of Balder is hosting a special event on our regional forums based around exploring different eras of Balder history. This project has been directed by Minister of Foreign Affairs Zander Cerebella, who is uniquely well-placed to document and reflect on all periods in Balder history. Zander's long-held vision for restoring the memory of early Balder history will be realised through this event. As content is released in stages according to our schedule, newer members of our community will gain insights into events under the First Republic, the Second Republic and the First Monarchy of Balder. This represents something different from previous anniversary events, but we are confident that it will be every bit as meaningful.
Duke of Roskilde, of Balder
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Congratulations to Osiris' twin Sinker and steadfast ally on our shared anniversary, and good luck with what is sure to be an interesting event.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:17 am

How exactly is monarchy trailblazing?? Do you guys know what that word means?

Region 4
Secretary

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Region 4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:09 am

Congratulations to our friends in Balder.

We look forward to what is to come!

-Regionia Wargrave
Chancellor of the Allied States
HIS EXCELLENCY,
THE CHANCELLOR OF THE ALLIED STATES
Regionia Wargrave

"Defending the promise of liberty and democracy for all."

EXECUTIVE EXP:
3rd, 15th, and 19th Chancellor of the Allied States
9 time Governor of every Allied State (The Allied States)
Former 3 time Prime Minister of the Confederation of Nations
CABINET EXP:
Attorney General, 3 time Secretary of the Treasury, Secretary of State, 3 time Secretary of the Interior of the Allied States
LEGISLATIVE EXPERIENCE:
3rd, 6th, 15th, and 24th Speaker of the Allied States
11 time Senator of the Allied States
Speaker and MP of the United Kingdom
Member of House Roayl, Legislature of Caer Sidi
BUSINESS EXP:
C.E.O. of Patriot Company
Founder of the Allied Daily, the Regprentice, and etc.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:36 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:How exactly is monarchy trailblazing?? Do you guys know what that word means?

Constitutional monarchy was pretty trailblazing at a time when every other Feeder and Sinker government was either a republic or an autocracy. Obviously, it wouldn't be considered trailblazing by real life standards, but this isn't real life and we don't use real life standards, so...

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:23 am

Congratulations Balder! :hug:
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:40 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:How exactly is monarchy trailblazing?? Do you guys know what that word means?

Constitutional monarchy was pretty trailblazing at a time when every other Feeder and Sinker government was either a republic or an autocracy. Obviously, it wouldn't be considered trailblazing by real life standards, but this isn't real life and we don't use real life standards, so...

Furthermore, I think the way we became a constitutional monarchy is quite unique. It wasn't through a coup or purges. But rather we created a legitimate constitutional monarchy both democratically and peacefully. Even people who opposed it strongly like Zander remain and have eventually been won over. Our form of government came as the result of thinking about how we can maximize both democracy and stability. This model was unique at the time and was a combination of existing political & cultural trends in Balder (monarchy), political thought in Europeia as well as my own political thoughts.

It is only the second democratic system that has proven to be successful in terms of stability, regional improvement as well as a hos of other barometers in the Game Created Regions. The North Pacific system (the most successful democratic GCR and the most stable democracy) has also been wildly successful. Both regions have a culture of not only excellence but integrity which I believe is why they have been so successful. It also probably helps that both regions have shared a lot of members (a few of my NS family descendants have been delegates in TNP!) and similar values because of this.
Last edited by Solorni on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Well, happy birthday Balder
12x Issue Author
2x SC Author
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Freemasons, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, the Freemasons or any other organization. Unless I say they do, I suppose.

Robin Hood
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm

"Being reborn could mean one of two different things: it could be a chance to reunite with one's past or a chance to start anew. This duality is represented in the form of a flag, to represent the roots of one's past and new horizons. "
- Celebrating six years of Balder! Well done, Balder. (I feel old.)

And happy birthday.
Last edited by Robin Hood on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Thank you Robin Hood :)
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Oakrugia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Happy birthday Baby Balder! You’re getting so big everyday!
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Oakrugia wrote:Happy birthday Baby Balder! You’re getting so big everyday!
Would you call the seventh largest region in the world baby?
12x Issue Author
2x SC Author
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Freemasons, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, the Freemasons or any other organization. Unless I say they do, I suppose.

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Oakrugia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Fauxia wrote:

Yes. The North Pacific would be the oldest among the siblings of the regional family, as it is 13-14 years old.
Last edited by Oakrugia on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Oakrugia wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Would you call the seventh largest region in the world baby?

Yes. The North Pacific would be the oldest among the siblings of the regional family, as it is 13-14 years old.

Nope. The Pacific is the oldest Feeder, and the original one. Similarly, its New Pacific Order regime is one of the longest standing regional governments both in and out of GCRs, spanning nearly a decade and a half. In the Feeders, its longevity and success in repelling coups is only rivaled by The Coalition of The South Pacific, which is an absolutely fantastic region in its own right.

Anyways, to get back to the topic at hand, The Pacific is the oldest GCR.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

TSP separated the Delegate from the head of government as far back as 2006, pretty much during the entire time Fudgetopia was Delegate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:59 am

Gratz Balder! Good to hear things are going well. ^_^
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 am

Fauxia wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa, you can't call a baby fat... that is not nice :(
The Church of Satan wrote:Gratz Balder! Good to hear things are going well. ^_^

Thanks CoS!
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Mostly Benevolent Tyranny
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mostly Benevolent Tyranny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:14 am

Congratulations Balder! :hug:
Marius Rahl
Fortitudine Vincimus!

Zaolat - Today at 7:15 PM
Drall turns everything he's involved in into an orgy.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Solorni wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Would you call the seventh largest region in the world baby?

Whoa whoa whoa, you can't call a baby fat... that is not nice :(
That was not my intent
12x Issue Author
2x SC Author

The Iron Rebel
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Iron Rebel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Delegate elections were not eliminated in Balder until 2015, and those reforms began in late April of that year, through May and into the Summer. A little research does wonders when presenting information.

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Oakrugia wrote:Yes. The North Pacific would be the oldest among the siblings of the regional family, as it is 13-14 years old.

Nope. The Pacific is the oldest Feeder, and the original one. Similarly, its New Pacific Order regime is one of the longest standing regional governments both in and out of GCRs, spanning nearly a decade and a half. In the Feeders, its longevity and success in repelling coups is only rivaled by The Coalition of The South Pacific, which is an absolutely fantastic region in its own right.

Anyways, to get back to the topic at hand, The Pacific is the oldest GCR.

Oops. Maybe The North Pacific is the second oldest. [sobs at leaving TNP] [btw, im Oak]
Ediff-Stok-Kal International AirportEmbassyAir Sr-bi-ji'Tom's Pizza Rolls

██████████████████████████████████

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay