NATION

PASSWORD

The Congress of Sovereigns

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arujan
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arujan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Our King stands by his decision so let him enforce it and suffer the consequences. I have resigned as Prime Minister and left the British Isles as I want no part of this childish farce

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Arujan wrote:Our King stands by his decision so let him enforce it and suffer the consequences. I have resigned as Prime Minister and left the British Isles as I want no part of this childish farce

You say that you have resigned as prime minister, but the King of British Isles tells me that your term as premier expired on 6th October.

Announcing that you are leaving a region, over a single foreign policy decision, is a rather extreme, almost fickle, reaction.
Last edited by Onderkelkia on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

MrEnter
Civil Servant

Founded: May 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby MrEnter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:53 pm

It is surprising to the Congress of Sovereigns that the Emperor of the LKE cares so much about the inner workings of the a sovereign region such as the British Isles in order to justify his wordplay.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:10 pm

MrEnter wrote:It is surprising to the Congress of Sovereigns that the Emperor of the LKE cares so much about the inner workings of the a sovereign region such as the British Isles in order to justify his wordplay.

Your remarks do not gain any credibility from the fact they come from a puppet dump.

The validity of the Congress of Sovereigns statement has been challenged on the incorrect claim that British Isles did not sanction it; Arujan earlier specifically accused me of lying on the matter. I am therefore equally surprised that you think I should or would hold back from commenting on the issue.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:59 pm

The British Isles shall not be repealing its treaty with the Kingdom of Great Britain. We shall no long participate in this dispute as we feel it is no longer a Congress of Sovereigns issue and has turned into a dispute between the Land of Kings and Emperors and the Kingdom of Great Britain that should not concern us. We shall no longer participate in this and wish to remain neutral in this conflict. It is true King Daniel had agreed to the removal of the treaty with KGB prior, that has since been recanted.

MrEnter
Civil Servant

Founded: May 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby MrEnter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Onderkelkia wrote:
MrEnter wrote:It is surprising to the Congress of Sovereigns that the Emperor of the LKE cares so much about the inner workings of the a sovereign region such as the British Isles in order to justify his wordplay.

Your remarks do not gain any credibility from the fact they come from a puppet dump.

The validity of the Congress of Sovereigns statement has been challenged on the incorrect claim that British Isles did not sanction it; Arujan earlier specifically accused me of lying on the matter. I am therefore equally surprised that you think I should or would hold back from commenting on the issue.

My statements can be in fact taken as the official word of the Congress of Sovereigns. I do not know who you expect to be confused by that?

You had the King of the British Isles support your statement, but what about her government? Seems that the citizens of the British Isles do not support this.

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:46 am

MrEnter wrote:
Onderkelkia wrote:Your remarks do not gain any credibility from the fact they come from a puppet dump.

My statements can be in fact taken as the official word of the Congress of Sovereigns. I do not know who you expect to be confused by that?

You had the King of the British Isles support your statement, but what about her government? Seems that the citizens of the British Isles do not support this.

No one is confused. Your statements are the word of a dump called "Congress of Sovereigns"; not the Congress of Sovereigns alliance of the LKE, UK and BI.

Based on the view of its monarch (at the time of the statement), there was no "Government" of British Isles to disagree with the CoS announcement because the term expired there on 6th October and there was no constitutional demarcation of authority preventing the Monarch from issuing such statements.

Now, of course, the position of British Isles has developed since then, as reflected in their new monarch's post above. That is their decision.
Last edited by Onderkelkia on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:19 am

BI doesn't exactly look like a very reliable diplomatic partner at the moment either. :P

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:23 am

Consular wrote:BI doesn't exactly look like a very reliable diplomatic partner at the moment either. :P

I mean, to be fair, has British Isles ever looked like a reliable Diplomatic Partner? Interesting that only within a year or two after being hit by imperialist infiltration in an attempt to influence their elections, the monarchy of British Isles is so desperate for some level of relevancy that they're letting themselves be manipulated by Onderkelkia, whether they realize it or not.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:30 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:I mean, to be fair, has British Isles ever looked like a reliable Diplomatic Partner? Interesting that only within a year or two after being hit by imperialist infiltration in an attempt to influence their elections, the monarchy of British Isles is so desperate for some level of relevancy that they're letting themselves be manipulated by Onderkelkia, whether they realize it or not.

If you're thinking of the same "infiltration" that I'm thinking of, there was never any coherent attempt to influence their elections for any particular goal. As I recall the only goal was to cause havoc for the simple fun of it.

...Not sure if that makes it any better actually, but there it is. :blush:

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:09 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Consular wrote:BI doesn't exactly look like a very reliable diplomatic partner at the moment either. :P

I mean, to be fair, has British Isles ever looked like a reliable Diplomatic Partner? Interesting that only within a year or two after being hit by imperialist infiltration in an attempt to influence their elections, the monarchy of British Isles is so desperate for some level of relevancy that they're letting themselves be manipulated by Onderkelkia, whether they realize it or not.

The "imperialist infiltration" you refer to was idiocy on the part of a few individuals for their own amusement. It was nothing to do with the LKE.

If you think we "manipulated" the then Monarch of BI regarding this statement, then you must know nothing about him and his NationStates record.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:I mean, to be fair, has British Isles ever looked like a reliable Diplomatic Partner? Interesting that only within a year or two after being hit by imperialist infiltration in an attempt to influence their elections, the monarchy of British Isles is so desperate for some level of relevancy that they're letting themselves be manipulated by Onderkelkia, whether they realize it or not.

To be equally fair, the sloppy infiltration attempt by imperialists followed two separate infiltration attempts by defenders -- one by former FRA Arch-Chancellor Wopruthien, and another spearheaded by Cameron [Insert Surname Here] that involved you and the government of Spiritus.

The truth is that the British regions have far more in common with each other than they do with generic gameplay regions like The LKE and Spiritus, and they have been disrespected and kicked around by such regions for years. Despite having significant populations -- or in the case of The Kingdom of Great Britain, a rather large population -- and much potential, these regions are constantly dismissed by gameplay elitists until those elitists want to influence them for their own benefit. The British regions need to close ranks and focus on their own version of imperialism, which should concentrate on enhancing their prestige and power, not The LKE's. In imperialism, you are either a major power or you are a colony. There is no in between.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

To be equally fair, the sloppy infiltration attempt by imperialists followed two separate infiltration attempts by defenders -- one by former FRA Arch-Chancellor Wopruthien, and another spearheaded by Cameron [Insert Surname Here] that involved you and the government of Spiritus.

The truth is that the British regions have far more in common with each other than they do with generic gameplay regions like The LKE and Spiritus, and they have been disrespected and kicked around by such regions for years. Despite having significant populations -- or in the case of The Kingdom of Great Britain, a rather large population -- and much potential, these regions are constantly dismissed by gameplay elitists until those elitists want to influence them for their own benefit. The British regions need to close ranks and focus on their own version of imperialism, which should concentrate on enhancing their prestige and power, not The LKE's. In imperialism, you are either a major power or you are a colony. There is no in between.

In general I agree with your assessment of British regions, I found that problem in my time with them.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

Am I sensing a call for some sort of 'United Kingdom'? :P
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

This is a useful narrative for someone currently in British regions. Kind of like an investor praising the companies he is invested in :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Kazmr wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:To be equally fair, the sloppy infiltration attempt by imperialists followed two separate infiltration attempts by defenders -- one by former FRA Arch-Chancellor Wopruthien, and another spearheaded by Cameron [Insert Surname Here] that involved you and the government of Spiritus.

Am I sensing a call for some sort of 'United Kingdom'? :P

Been there, done that.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:37 pm

LKE is also making an impressive military showing in Osiris right now.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:36 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:LKE is also making an impressive military showing in Osiris right now.

This was a slightly frightening statement without having the context. :P

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:LKE is also making an impressive military showing in Osiris right now.

This was a slightly frightening statement without having the context. :P

I quickly checked Osiris to see if I missed a coup.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Apologies for not clarifying I was referring to 11 nations appearing there in four hours to assist with the delegate change :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:40 pm

The Congress of Sovereigns

Communiqué, 24th October 2015

Over the last few days, leaders from the Congress of Sovereigns regions have been attending a summit; this is its official report.

The Tenth Anniversaries of the LKE and UK

UK and the LKE will shortly be reaching a decade in existence. On 29th October, the LKE will reach its tenth anniversary from its founding; UK will also cross this mark in November. UK and the LKE are both important and storied user-created regions in NationStates. Between their various forums, UK and the LKE have each accumulated over 250,000 posts. This is a benchmark which only a small number of regions meet. Apart from their levels of forum activity, throughout the ten years of their history, the LKE and UK have played a significant role in wider NationStates affairs, sometimes on different sides. BI would like to extend their congratulations to the LKE and UK on reaching this milestone. Together, the Congress of Sovereigns regions are proud to combine historical significance with a commitment to remain at the forefront of present-day gameplay.

The NationStates World Fair

At last year’s world fair, Emperor OnderKelkia was invited to speak and delivered an address entitled ‘Think hosting the Olympics is a bad deal? Try hosting the World Fair’. This lecture concluded by noting that the LKE would boycott future fairs in future unless the event undergoes significant reforms to remedy his concerns over hosting arrangements. Before this year’s world fair is announced, the Congress of Sovereigns would like to collectively adopt and reiterate the point made in that lecture. Specifically, in the future, the host region for the world fair should have the actual power to determine the course of the event, rather than simply offering suggestions to the world fair committee. If sufficient reforms are not implemented, our regions will not attend the NationStates World Fair IV.

The Kingdom of Great Britain

Since the previous Congress of Sovereigns statement, BI has decided not to introduce a repeal of its treaty with KGB to its legislature. It would like to express regret that in changing its view after the statement was issued, it departed from the position previously communicated to the LKE and UK. The three Congress of Sovereigns regions respect each other's positions on the question of relations with KGB going forward.

The Direction of the Congress

Discussions took place on how the Congress of Sovereigns can enhance the shared political objectives of the LKE, UK and BI. To different degrees, all three regions are capable of projecting power autonomously. Therefore, the main thrust of each region's engagement in world affairs will continue to consist of its own diplomacy. The purpose of the Congress of Sovereigns is not to replace the individual geopolitical efforts of the LKE, UK and BI. It is to provide an additional forum for mutual cooperation on matters of agreed interest. With this mind, the UK, BI and the LKE continue to believe that the benefits of the Congress of Sovereigns come from long-term development of diplomatic initiatives. We do not claim to be a military alliance in the same way as the United Imperial Armed Forces. BI, UK and the LKE would warn external actors who would undermine our unity of purpose that we stand ready to oppose their activities. We believe that mutual cooperation will deliver long-term benefits for all our regions.

Thomas Insaniac Talleyrand, King of British Isles
Nick Powell, Prime Minister of The Land of Kings and Emperors
James W.G. Stewart, Prime Minister of United Kingdom

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:can enhance the shared political objectives of the LKE, UK and BI

I find it amusing that there's actually implication of any sort that BI or UK have any sort of real power in this alliance, something I as well as most people I imagine doubt is the case.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:can enhance the shared political objectives of the LKE, UK and BI

I find it amusing that there's actually implication of any sort that BI or UK have any sort of real power in this alliance

Well, as I learnt recently, your sense of humour is rather detached from reality.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Trinnien
Secretary

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinnien » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
I find it amusing that there's actually implication of any sort that BI or UK have any sort of real power in this alliance, something I as well as most people I imagine doubt is the case.

Whether or not you are of the opinion of BI or UK having power/influence in the CoS alliance is inconsequential. All that matters is the view that the citizens and leaders of BI and UK take. As both regions are still fully capable of staying or withdrawing on their own free will in the CoS, the outside opinion if one thinks they are getting a fair share or not matters little. As long as those two regions feel they are gaining tangible benefits, that is their choice to continue to work alongside LKE.
Enjoying a life of bemused indifference.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The Congress of Sovereigns

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:48 pm

I think we're assuming there's gonna be a World Fair, but forgetting that the player who spearheaded its revival is largely gone. So, maybe there won't be one at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay