Mammoth Cave wrote:You might've missed my point.
Most players find this attitude of "you all are only good at this game, because unlike me, you're sad losers who waste their time playing internet games" condescending and insecure.
Oh... so you've taken it seriously, I thought you were also being light-hearted. It was more of a light-hearted remark; I often make self-deprecating remarks too. I don't intend to be condescending to anyone. Different strokes for different folks.
Mammoth Cave wrote:The question I have then is, "if this is a waste of your time, why are you here?".
I was talking about the R/D thing. I don't engage in that, but I do other things like answering issues once in a while, or commenting on GA drafts, or just talking to people. Those things feel interesting to me, but I definitely acknowledge that R/D may be interesting to some people, and am not judging them for it. I don't believe a hobby that provides enjoyment to people is a waste of time (with reasonable exceptions)!
I think a chasm between my social interactions in daily life versus online forums is that in daily life, people don't seem too offended by some light ribbing, but return the banter, while on online forums, people get angry, while that's not my intention. Anyway, I'm sorry if I angered anyone

That said... I probably am wasting more time here than I should
Thanks for the reminder!














