NATION

PASSWORD

Recruitment Help needed?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
LunaSphere
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 22, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Recruitment Help needed?

Postby LunaSphere » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:55 pm

Yall I'm struggling with this recruitment to a region thing, I need help? Any tips or anything?[region][/region]

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Last edited by Rick Perry on Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

English Realm
Attaché

Founded: Dec 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby English Realm » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:59 pm

1. This should either be in Gameplay or not exist.
2. This is a better guide
THE COMMONWEALTH OF THE ENGLISH REALM
Dieu et mon droit

A Modern Tech state where the Treaties of Union are not signed, and England is reformed to the Commonwealth (whilst still keeping the monarchy) in the late 1940 - early 1950s.

Overview | Government | Military | Embassy Program | News

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby All Wild Things » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:04 pm

LunaSphere wrote:Yall I'm struggling with this recruitment to a region thing, I need help? Any tips or anything?[region][/region]

Yes.

Tip number one. Ask yourself why you'd bother.
Judging from your influence chart, and activity log, this is the first time you've logged in to this nation for over three weeks. If you're not there to engage with new recruits, they'll just leave again. So unless your going to log in every day, and check for new arrivals, recruitment would be a waste of your time.

Tip number two. Ask yourself why anybody would be attracted to your region.
The region you're in now? Sorry, but I'm gonna be harsh. It has no flag, no RMB posts, no poll, no embassies, no players other than you. Your region, like your regional banner, kind of looks like a desert.
Your WFE:
"Perfect condition for plant and animal life. We have a little of everything here" - nah. That's a lie. The place is a desert.
"we welcome you to join us and embrace the magic" - mnnn.
"We welcome people from all walks of life". Yeah, but so do 20,000+ other regions.

If you're going to recruit, you need to make it a place that people want to move to, and you need to put in the effort every day to make it a place that people want to stay. Unless you're up for doing a lot of work, you're maybe better to go to someone else's region. That way, they do the work, and you get to enjoy the company.
Last edited by All Wild Things on Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

LunaSphere
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby LunaSphere » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:19 am

@AllWildThings Hi, thank you for your response since I posted this I've had 3 deaths in my life and I'm a full-time student so I hadn't had much time to be on, however now I am trying to be on more often. So should I get recruits I will be able to be more responsive.

As far as my flag goes once I started to get members I wanted to ask their thoughts on what it should be so everyone can be happy with it. You're right I don't have nay other players that's Exactly why I am here asking for recruitment tips I obviously need members.

As far as my saying goes I appreciate your opinion, allow me to explain why I put that there.
In this game you can create -even if only a section- our own world and in the version of the world I am aiming to create it is flourishing with life of all kinds. As for the magic line my region is named 'MythicParadise' Mythics are magical creatures so it reflects that and the fact that we are both in and creating our own paradise .
Perhaps many other regions also welcome a variety of people however it is always good to mention that. I know it makes me feel more comfortable and it might help someone else feel the same as well.

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby All Wild Things » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:20 pm

Sorry to hear about your RL happenings. That must have been a lot to deal with.

When you created the region, you should have got a telegram from The Moose inviting you to the NS Leaders Discord server. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend that you join. I'll telegram you a link in case you don't have the original. They have a channel, #resources, which has a lot of good stuff, and there's a lot of experienced people on there who can give you better advice than I can.

Maybe take a look here too.
And for recruitment, you'll end up sending out loads of telegrams. Souls has this guide which should help you out with that.

Nice new banner by the way!
It sounds like you're hoping to make some type of fantasy world-building / roleplay region. It may help to add some tags via your regional Admin page. "Fantasy Tech" might be a suitable tag for you, "Magical", and maybe "Roleplayer".

Good luck with it.
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

LunaSphere
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby LunaSphere » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:53 pm

Thank you for the help

CTE
Civilian

Founded: Jan 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby CTE » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:17 am

Just be aware that it's difficult to maintain and sustain any significant regional growth without stamps. Do not listen to anyone who says API "is just fine," because it isn't.
Founder & Viceroy of Sanctum

✪ Archduke of Hegiroth ✪

"Wouldn't it be better if you just CTE'd?"

LunaSphere
Lobbyist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby LunaSphere » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:24 pm

Ah I see, thank you

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay