NATION

PASSWORD

Find-A-Region Megathread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Socialist States of Ludistan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 865
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Socialist States of Ludistan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:59 am

Alaska Hawaii and the Aleutes wrote:Is there a pure RP region without discord or an off-site forum for one of my puppets?

Yeah, there is the Legionary, it isn’t 100% pure RP, but it’s by far what it’s mostly made up of, and it’s on-side. We also accept puppets too.
“Communism is the definition of failure.”
- Liberty Prime




Member of DEA and IDSF

User avatar
Neo-Irkalla
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo-Irkalla » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:18 pm

Merrain wrote:Hi all!

I'm looking for a small region that has a good Discord community. I would like a region focused on roleplay and worldbuilding, but not the whole "gameplay" aspect of NationStates. I don't care for a government, as I probably won't participate in it. Hoping I get some good suggestions here! I've been parsing through the thread for a few, maybe some more recent replies will get me an idea of what's out there.

Thanks in advance.


Ersetum is a region built entirely on roleplay and world-building. We do have custom mechanics to help determine certain statistical things, but they are 100% separate from NS. We have an active discord, and our RMB is posting roleplays on a near-daily basis. We love making new friends, so feel free to stop by even in just our discord if you are curious.
Last edited by Neo-Irkalla on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat
 
Posts: 668
Founded: May 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:41 am

Merrain wrote:Hi all!

I'm looking for a small region that has a good Discord community. I would like a region focused on roleplay and worldbuilding, but not the whole "gameplay" aspect of NationStates. I don't care for a government, as I probably won't participate in it. Hoping I get some good suggestions here! I've been parsing through the thread for a few, maybe some more recent replies will get me an idea of what's out there.

Thanks in advance.

Federation of Allies, extensive RP and Worldbuilding tradition with a discord to match. In fact, we already have a regional RP up to further worldbuilding. Join us now! Federation of Allies
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

User avatar
Jus Solisia
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jul 07, 2020
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Jus Solisia » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:56 pm

I’m looking for a sleepy but not inactive RMB-based region with no offsite forum or discord whatsoever.

User avatar
Hagston
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: Nov 17, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Hagston » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Jus Solisia wrote:I’m looking for a sleepy but not inactive RMB-based region with no offsite forum or discord whatsoever.

Sea is a fairly new, fully onsite region. Currently working on building up a small community from players all over the place
.....................
.....................
.....................
.....................

User avatar
The Sahstan
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Mar 23, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

New region

Postby The Sahstan » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:13 am

Join new region created by me @SPORTEMPIRE is a sport region and we can participate in all NS sport competitions, join and let grow together all position you want to take is open for you, WA Delgate and others post is also open for you.
Please join me and let grow togetherSPORT EMPIRE
Last edited by The Sahstan on Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
New Enroth
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Apr 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Enroth » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:47 pm

Hello. I am a recently reactivated nation that has been away from the game for a while, and because I was away, I am not getting any of the telegrams that a new nation might get so I'm not sure what's currently out there.

And since there are thousands of regions, I'm not even sure how to look.

As to me: I enjoy roleplaying, and can do any sort, from medieval fantasy up to high-tech sci-fi, from mysteries to spy intrigue. Oddly enough I have no interest in debating political science, so I don't care if you're a communist or a capitalist, totalitarian or a republic; I have no interest in anyone imposing their philosophy on me. Otherwise it's all fair game.

I have Discord, and don't mind off-site forums.
I prefer active regions. You can have 8,000 nations in your region, but if 7.000 are "puppets" in the raider/defender game, and other 990 are inactive newbies, that's still an inactive region in my eyes. Better a region that might only have 150 or 200 people in it, but who are active and post daily or twice a day.

Pretty much the only thing I won't look at is a region that's dying or on the decline. Having been around NationStates and other games for a good 5 years, the one thing that I know for a fact is that regions die for one reason only: the founder lost his or her passion for it. And no new nation to a region can reinvigorate that lost passion; it has to come from within. (Ok, I shouldn't say "no" new nation-- I'll just say my nation can't do it.)

User avatar
Leckendurst
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Apr 02, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Leckendurst » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:35 am

Hello,

Looking for a region a focus on modern (20th - 21st century) realistic roleplay (i.e i'm not bothered about interplanetary travel or witches and warlocks). Prefer to be on discord or on NS.

Not interested in complex political science debates / arguments.

Roleplay which goes beyond military and warfare would be a bonus!

Feel free to send a telegram if you know a relevant region or would be interested in setting one up together :)

User avatar
Palekia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Apr 05, 2021
Ex-Nation

I need a Rp region.

Postby Palekia » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:52 am

I wanna join a good RP region. Is there any?
Last edited by Palekia on Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Obets
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 164
Founded: Jan 04, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Obets » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:53 am

Palekia wrote:I wanna join a good RP region. Is there any?

The Free Nations Region
President CJ Stryplynge
President
Former Parliamentarian
Obets United Republic
Member of LITA
We do NOT use NS stats when RPing
This country DOES represent my ideological beliefs. Although, my welfare and civil rights like to lower randomly which I don't like.

User avatar
Palekia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Apr 05, 2021
Ex-Nation

Hi.

Postby Palekia » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:22 pm

I need to join a RP based region.

User avatar
Xiomera
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: May 04, 2018
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Xiomera » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 pm

Palekia wrote:I need to join a RP based region.


The International Democratic Union could be just what you’re looking for. We’re an established region with a highly developed history between our nations, extensive RP and international relations, and an offsite forum and Discord to support RP. You’re invited to check us out and see if we suit your interests.

User avatar
Cateca
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Cateca » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:59 am

I am currently in a great region that is super friendly and I am a leadership role in it (this is a puppet, I didn't want to use my real nation because I didn't want to offend anyone in my region by asking for help finding a new one), though my term expires soon and if I did leave my region I'd make sure to wait out my term first. But the thing I'm looking for most in Nationstates is Roleplaying, because that is what I as a user love. In my region I have been trying to increase RP participation and make things more fun RP-wise, but it hasn't turned out super well. Most of the people are new and inexperienced and RPs have often fell flat. So I have been considering moving to a more active region or maybe staying in mine and hoping things can get more fun. But if anyone has region suggestions, in summary I am looking for:

  • A region based around or with a very active RP
  • The RP isn't of RL countries, but is of countries that either are located in the real world but nonexistent in real life, or the region is tolerant of countries like that
  • The region preferably has a map, but that's not a big deal
  • The region is friendly

Thank you to whomever answers this!
Hail the visionary,
Iverte Seguo

Cateca is an 80s Southern European nation run by a bunch of neofascist fanatics trying to evolve human society.

User avatar
The Empire of All
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Apr 15, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of All » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:43 am

Hi I was wondering would you like to be apart of something new?


Have you ever wanted to become rich or maybe become a millionaire? Dive to the bottom of the ocean and take the Water Realm crown that unlocks a special reward? Fight other characters in duels of witchcraft?
Look no further than the Northern Kingdom of trust, a region of exciting adventures, and a character-based roleplay spanning an entire

We offer:
• A kind and dedicated server and roleplay staff
• Longform roleplay on our Regional Message Board
• A chance to come in on the ground floor, and help us build up an amazing community
• The chance for you to become Vice Delegate and more!

I hope to see you here soon!

Regards,
Zach Fliehr, Founder of the Northern Kingdom of Trust

https://www.nationstates.net/region=nor ... m_of_trust

User avatar
Geopolity
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Geopolity » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:50 pm

Hello,

For those of you who are wanting to join a RP region, Geopolity is a long-running region that is exclusively dedicated to RP. We've been around for 7 years, and we also have an active RP as well as Discord. If you feel like checking us out or dropping by, we would be more than happy to have you here. :)
Founder of Geopolity.

User avatar
Antordia
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Apr 20, 2021
Capitalizt

Postby Antordia » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:38 am

Hello,
I like a region with Ideals of Capitalism, and an region that is organized, has an off-site forums, and is friendly for Non-WA nations because I using a puppet. Thanks

User avatar
Nordwalsh
Envoy
 
Posts: 277
Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nordwalsh » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:46 pm

Looking for a "low-effort, high-quality" MT worldbuilding region. That may sound like an oxymoron. I'm basically trying to describe a casual worldbuilding/RP region that's less involved than one of the typical worldbuilding regions (Ajax, Aeia, etc) but doesn't descend into pure shitposts, paragraph-long RPs, and generally poor quality. The reason I'm looking is to try some nation ideas outside of my regular home in Ajax.

Ideally it'd do RPs on the NS forums, use IIWiki, and have a Discord. I'm not at all interested in regional government or R/D, but if that's also part of the region in addition to the prior RP/worldbuilding stuff, I wouldn't necessarily turn my nose up at it.

User avatar
Theaca
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Dec 09, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Theaca » Mon May 03, 2021 11:40 am

I was curious if there are any Science Fiction/Space agey rp regions
My nation mostly represents my views, if you have questions just ask me!
RAINBOW
Likes: Warhammer, Animals, Bubble Tea, Historical Dramas, Horror Movies, Curry, Gijinka Art, DINOSAURS, LGBT Pride, Sci-fi, This Guy
Dislikes: Fascists, Racists, Homophobes, Aggressive Cynics, Coffee
She/Her
Unapologetic Fangirl
Pretty open to new ideologies and stuff. If I'm wrong tell me!
Social Democrat
Nederland!

User avatar
The Imperial Prussian Realm
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: May 02, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Imperial Prussian Realm » Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 am

Hello NationStates, Swedish-Norwegian Kingdoms here. Getting bored of Thaecia so I'm sending a puppet to a region that i have interest with.

Heres what I want:
  • A small region (probably less than 50 or 100 residents)
  • Fully onsite
  • Accessible roleplay
  • Regional government
  • Active community and RMB
Last edited by The Imperial Prussian Realm on Tue May 04, 2021 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Comfed
Diplomat
 
Posts: 930
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Tue May 04, 2021 6:36 am

The Imperial Prussian Realm wrote:Hello NationStates, Swedish-Norwegian Kingdoms here. Getting bored of Thaecia so I'm sending a puppet to a region that i have interest with.

Heres what I want:
  • A small region (probably less than 50 or 100 residents)
  • Fully onsite
  • Accessible roleplay
  • Regional government
  • Active community and RMB

Atoria is for you!
Mall:
Best part about being a mod was engaging in normal player behavior and getting accused of abuse
"You think this is abuse? I'll SHOW you abuse."
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Numero Capitan wrote:I haven't bothered reading back but I can unequivocally say that I agree with everything HEM has said and Unibot is wrong

Put this in your sig if you passed biology and know that gender and sex are not the same thing.

User avatar
Ilhador
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ilhador » Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 am

Cateca wrote:I am currently in a great region that is super friendly and I am a leadership role in it (this is a puppet, I didn't want to use my real nation because I didn't want to offend anyone in my region by asking for help finding a new one), though my term expires soon and if I did leave my region I'd make sure to wait out my term first. But the thing I'm looking for most in Nationstates is Roleplaying, because that is what I as a user love. In my region I have been trying to increase RP participation and make things more fun RP-wise, but it hasn't turned out super well. Most of the people are new and inexperienced and RPs have often fell flat. So I have been considering moving to a more active region or maybe staying in mine and hoping things can get more fun. But if anyone has region suggestions, in summary I am looking for:

  • A region based around or with a very active RP
  • The RP isn't of RL countries, but is of countries that either are located in the real world but nonexistent in real life, or the region is tolerant of countries like that
  • The region preferably has a map, but that's not a big deal
  • The region is friendly

Thank you to whomever answers this!

The Stronghold Collective may be of interest to you. We're a small but growing community with ambitions to begin actively roleplaying. There'll be RP of all sorts going on when we have enough members, and a bunch of other stuff that you might want to get involved with too.

User avatar
Dyatosia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jul 13, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dyatosia » Tue May 04, 2021 1:24 pm

Hello,

I'm looking to help pioneer a fairly new region with intent on growing.

I'd prefer it to have a wiki, and I would only be interested in joining a region that's a closed world focused on RP/worldbuilding and doesn't pay attention to the government/WA Stuff.
Last edited by Dyatosia on Tue May 04, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Parthaia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: May 02, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Parthaia » Tue May 04, 2021 2:05 pm

Heya,

I got the recommendation to join this website from a close friend, and I only just made an account today. After aimlessly wandering through thread after thread, I thought it'd be a good idea for me to ask for guidance in this one, seeing as though I'm not sure any of the regions that tried to recruit me via telegram suited my tastes flawlessly.

I wouldn't say I'm too picky, but I reckoned a comfy region with a modest player count would serve me rather well. I'm not for the whole government business, I think I'd rather want to cooperate with other (perhaps newer?) players to expand on my nation's background and lore a bit. I do like the occasional roleplay, but I'm not sure how well worldbuilding and roleplay mix, if at all.

My friend told me that worldbuilding is considerably easier and more fun if you do so within a region where you can let your nation be influenced by others, and where you can carve out a spot on a map to settle your nation-state, so that you can established a culture, geography, national history and all that other good stuff.

Any thoughts? Do please let me know.

User avatar
Quebecshire
Envoy
 
Posts: 268
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Quebecshire » Tue May 04, 2021 2:34 pm

Parthaia wrote:Heya,

I got the recommendation to join this website from a close friend, and I only just made an account today. After aimlessly wandering through thread after thread, I thought it'd be a good idea for me to ask for guidance in this one, seeing as though I'm not sure any of the regions that tried to recruit me via telegram suited my tastes flawlessly.

I wouldn't say I'm too picky, but I reckoned a comfy region with a modest player count would serve me rather well. I'm not for the whole government business, I think I'd rather want to cooperate with other (perhaps newer?) players to expand on my nation's background and lore a bit. I do like the occasional roleplay, but I'm not sure how well worldbuilding and roleplay mix, if at all.

My friend told me that worldbuilding is considerably easier and more fun if you do so within a region where you can let your nation be influenced by others, and where you can carve out a spot on a map to settle your nation-state, so that you can established a culture, geography, national history and all that other good stuff.

Any thoughts? Do please let me know.

There is a good bit of worldbuilding in RP. A few regions that come to mind are The League (my own region), Geopolity, and Anteria. All of those have fairly solid RPs, and The League and Anteria both use off-site Wikipedia-style sites to write national lore and whatnot.
Chief Consul Quebecshire of the Republic of The League
NationStates Today Gameplay and Politics Writer
"Quebecshire has proven time and time again that he is perfectly capable of standing in front of a room, full of people who hate him and continuing to defend his views." - Redacted
"Quebec may be more regionalist than I ever was, which is basically the highest compliment I’m capable of giving." - HumanSanity
"I find it disappointing that Quebec has posted without saying cope." - Fauxia

User avatar
Parthaia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: May 02, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Parthaia » Tue May 04, 2021 11:26 pm

Quebecshire wrote:
Parthaia wrote:Heya,

I got the recommendation to join this website from a close friend, and I only just made an account today. After aimlessly wandering through thread after thread, I thought it'd be a good idea for me to ask for guidance in this one, seeing as though I'm not sure any of the regions that tried to recruit me via telegram suited my tastes flawlessly.

I wouldn't say I'm too picky, but I reckoned a comfy region with a modest player count would serve me rather well. I'm not for the whole government business, I think I'd rather want to cooperate with other (perhaps newer?) players to expand on my nation's background and lore a bit. I do like the occasional roleplay, but I'm not sure how well worldbuilding and roleplay mix, if at all.

My friend told me that worldbuilding is considerably easier and more fun if you do so within a region where you can let your nation be influenced by others, and where you can carve out a spot on a map to settle your nation-state, so that you can established a culture, geography, national history and all that other good stuff.

Any thoughts? Do please let me know.

There is a good bit of worldbuilding in RP. A few regions that come to mind are The League (my own region), Geopolity, and Anteria. All of those have fairly solid RPs, and The League and Anteria both use off-site Wikipedia-style sites to write national lore and whatnot.


Would you say it’s recommended for newer players to join enormous, five year old regions? I was under the impression that smaller collectives with modest player counts generally suit people with my background better. The barrage of information, links and other trivia that established regions propagate on their entry pages can be overwhelming and at times even confusing.

I may very well be biased against larger regions like your own, but the fact of the matter is that I simply lack the information needed to make an educated decision about what kind of region it is I’d like to join. Is there a document or thread that helps new players find a home, or that gives them advice on what regions suit their desires and interests best? I know this isn’t the right place to ask, so please do forgive me for that, but I’m currently at a loss, and unsure what to do.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: New Burnet

Advertisement

Remove ads