NATION

PASSWORD

Founderless Dispatch IV: 20% of Our Board are Raiders

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Fauxia wrote:Congratulations on another successful raid! Founderless continues to be the most effective raider region on NationStates.

Join Founderless if you want to take over regions very fast if you want quickly take over regions please join founderless today!
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:44 pm

This is a side of you I haven’t seen.

Velvet Elvis
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Velvet Elvis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:36 pm

Boda wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Congratulations on another successful raid! Founderless continues to be the most effective raider region on NationStates.

Join Founderless if you want to take over regions very fast if you want quickly take over regions please join founderless today!

someone pls reboot boda, gorlend.exe is going haywire
Executive Director, Founderless

Also known as Witchcraft and Sorcery. Just a kid following in the footsteps of giants.

Falconias
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2005
Anarchy

Postby Falconias » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 am

Comfed wrote:This is a side of you I haven’t seen.

In all seriousness, the old FRA had a very firm policy of defending ALL regions, such as our infamous defence of Nazi Europe.

Founderless does not share that stance. We will actively invade and destroy regions that demonstrate hateful symbolism or politics.
The Democratic Anarchy of Falconias

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 am

Falconias wrote:

such as our infamous defence of Nazi Europe.

...what.

>.>
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:27 am

The Sedge wrote:We were going to theme this update around RiderSyl's "Fun Removed Alliance" comment from last month, but we didn't have time between hosting mandatory moralising classes for new novitiates and memorising all 72 verses of Klopstock's Ode to the Rangers.

such a tease
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:47 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
Falconias wrote:such as our infamous defence of Nazi Europe.

...what.

>.>

NS was very different 10-15 years ago. The FRA was created to be a multi-regional defender org that avoided the political machinations of the ADN, and the ideological dogma and aggressiveness of the RLA. It did that with a simple principle of defending all regions, regardless of ideology, and regardless of who was invading them. That meant defending invader regions (even at times against allies), and defending less some less than savoury extremist regions. LWU worked alongside Nazi Europe on occasions years back; that's not an attack on them - just further evidence of changing attitudes.

Bear in mind that there also wasn't the same level of "history" recorded on NationStates - RMBs didn't go past 10 posts, the Jolt forums weren't used by GPers, national happenings weren't a thing -- knowing who was what required a lot more digging, and wasn't always evident.

At the time, the NS Left was a niche grouping, with frankly some really quite unpleasant players amongst it (not all of them, but there were some real nasties there), and the group as a whole was less "anti-fascist" and more "anti-rightist" - I think that was a historical thing from when they warred with groups like ACCEL (a rightist organisation; non-fascist), but meant that they were often invading regions just for having "conservative" or "capitalist" in their name. The FRA found itself defending against Genesis Defense Project / Shadow Warriors et al. frequently back then.

The whole "fash-bashing" stuff didn't really take off in the wider gameplay until the later years of the FRA, which amended its policies to adapt to this, avoiding defending such extremist regions.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:58 am

Ah, thanks for the history lesson
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:03 pm

Velvet Elvis wrote:
Boda wrote:Join Founderless if you want to take over regions very fast if you want quickly take over regions please join founderless today!

someone pls reboot boda, gorlend.exe is going haywire

Have you ever considered that I might not be able to run .exe’s? You can't just assume that I'm using a Microsoft device :(
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Frenchy II
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenchy II » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:24 pm

Boda wrote:

this is quite the accurate description of founderless! maybe it's high time i get to joining!
Supreme Commander of Lily
Co-Author of SC Resolution #353

"That kid (Frenchy II) organized a flawless invasion." -Mikeswill
"Frenchy is the pinnacle of etiquette." -Agalaesia 10/29/2020
"Frenchy is a nice modern person." -Xoriet 10/29/2020
"If Frenchy owned a GCR they would turn it into a warzone." -Jinkies 10/17/2020
"I love sweeze... and Frenchy." -Tim 6/24/2020

Comfed
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:37 pm

If they keep Sedge around Founderless could pass TGW in snark.

The Moonstar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Moonstar » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:10 am

The Sedge wrote: so we activated our crack intel agents, who used years of experience in the field to infiltrate the region deep undercover as Dnelrog, Saipotgnimmel and more.

Bruh. I started the backwards name thing by reversing mine and Spartz. Lemming then jumped on and then later Catalyse went around wherever I was reversing her name as whatever my current one was. I feel like y'all owe me royalties for this. >:(
Join or visit the South Pacific!

The Moonstar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Moonstar » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:13 am

Falconias wrote:

In all seriousness, the old FRA had a very firm policy of defending ALL regions, such as our infamous defence of Nazi Europe.

Founderless does not share that stance. We will actively invade and destroy regions that demonstrate hateful symbolism or politics.

Bruh 2.0

You know that shit was always voluntary. Leaving that out just makes it look bad.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:53 am

The Moonstar wrote:
The Sedge wrote: so we activated our crack intel agents, who used years of experience in the field to infiltrate the region deep undercover as Dnelrog, Saipotgnimmel and more.

Bruh. I started the backwards name thing by reversing mine and Spartz. Lemming then jumped on and then later Catalyse went around wherever I was reversing her name as whatever my current one was. I feel like y'all owe me royalties for this. >:(

Pretty sure Avukaj / Jakuva came first: viewtopic.php?p=895270#p895270

The Moonstar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Moonstar » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:33 am

Sedgistan wrote:
The Moonstar wrote:Bruh. I started the backwards name thing by reversing mine and Spartz. Lemming then jumped on and then later Catalyse went around wherever I was reversing her name as whatever my current one was. I feel like y'all owe me royalties for this. >:(

Pretty sure Avukaj / Jakuva came first: viewtopic.php?p=895270#p895270

Shouldn't be. Unless Spartz only showed up in 2010.

Velvet Elvis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Velvet Elvis » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:24 am

Founderless Board of Directors Elected

The first Members General Meeting concluded yesterday, and with it a new Board of Directors has been elected. Please congratulate the returning Directors on their re-election or election to new roles, and welcome our newest director, Dakota!

The Board of Directors is now as follows:

Executive Director W&S/Velvet Elvis
Defence Director Karputsk
Intelligence Director Falconias
Communications Director The Sedge
Social Director Dakota/Buffy

Speaking for myself, I am incredibly excited to see where this new Board takes us and I am optimistic about the next few months. There will be quite a few changes; I am working on updating our Charter to better reflect the region's needs and ensure accessibility and long-term growth, and Dakota brings a wealth of social and cultural experience to the table. Recruitment and retention are the big focuses, and this is a Board that knows how to get that done.

Let's do this.

-Velvet Elvis
Executive Director
Founderless
Last edited by Velvet Elvis on Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Also known as Witchcraft and Sorcery. Just a kid following in the footsteps of giants.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:30 am

Congrats everyone!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:09 am

Is it just me or has the FRA's successor really elected one current Black Hawk (its Overseer of Blade Corps) and one former Black Hawk (who got outed as a defender spy) to its five-member Board of Directors? :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading Possession by A.S. Byatt

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:31 am

Velvet Elvis wrote:Social Director Dakota/Buffy

Don't do it, Dakota. Helping the artists formerly known as the FRA hold onto people and turn them into more defenders is bad. :(

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:46 am

Tinhampton wrote:Is it just me or has the FRA's successor really elected one current Black Hawk (its Overseer of Blade Corps) and one former Black Hawk (who got outed as a defender spy) to its five-member Board of Directors? :P

Don't forget me - I have an clause in Founderless' constitution explicitly counting me out from agreeing with any defender stance, and the last military op I did was couping what is now one of the leading defender regions.

So basically we decided that we wanted to avoid the whole Wibblefeet situation that embarrassed the FRA, so we might as well let invaders run the place openly.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Didn't Falc quit defending too?
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Comfed
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:41 pm

I had to refresh the page multiple times to make sure that this line was real :p

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:14 pm

I honestly love the path that Founderless is taking!
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

The Moonstar
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Moonstar » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:41 am

Tinhampton wrote:Is it just me or has the FRA's successor really elected one current Black Hawk (its Overseer of Blade Corps) and one former Black Hawk (who got outed as a defender spy) to its five-member Board of Directors? :P

Hi, I'm former FRA. Also former Black Hawk. I was also on the Board.

Dakota is just doing what I did just in a different order. ;)

Velvet Elvis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Velvet Elvis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:08 am

I think our ancestors would be proud. :P

LollerLand wrote:I honestly love the path that Founderless is taking!

me too! :D

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

Don't do it, Dakota. Helping the artists formerly known as the FRA hold onto people and turn them into more defenders is bad. :(

haven't you also been a defender at various times? you're one to lecture people about switching alignments :P

even so, cosmos r cool 8)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay