NATION

PASSWORD

[Passed] Condemn Flag Thief

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Before my flag was stolen, the angel had clothes. Now he's all naked :(

Condemn!

I am sorry for your loss mr condemn commend.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:13 am

Sedgistan wrote:Before my flag was stolen, the angel had clothes. Now he's all naked :(

Condemn!

Fixed!
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 am

As collective victims of the Flag Thief, Europeia is currently in discussion about how to approach this resolution. It is my hope that a response will be forthcoming in a reasonably short period of time.
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:02 am

Improving Wordiness wrote:

Condemn!

Fixed!

It suits him, honey. ;)
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:21 pm

It has built in flag stealing repellent. No one is going to steal it now :lol2:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Lethen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 19, 2006
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Lethen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 pm

*snickers* I love it
The Crystal Leth Dealing Cabal of Lethen,
proud member of Europeia since 2007. Current Supreme Chancellor.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Improving Wordiness wrote:It has built in flag stealing repellent. No one is going to steal it now :lol2:

I would.. but I'd be deleted for Mod Impersonation. :(
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Free Noldor States
Attaché

Founded: Jan 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Noldor States » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 am

You hear these things happen to other regions, in far away parts of NationStates, but you never think it could happen to you. You might think you are prepared for it, I mean, everyone thinks they are; but let me tell you something, you aren´t. You can never be prepared for it.

I remember when it happened to me... It was the worst day of my life. I couldn´t get over the shock. I was left there thinking: "What kind of monster would do something like this? What is happening to this world where your flag can never be safe?" I don´t want my children to grow up like this; always scared, always looking ouf for their region´s flag. We all have been in therapy since, but I am still not able to think of that day without assuming fetal position underneath my bed.
D E N

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:32 am

He's climbin in your windows
he's snatchin your flag up
tryna steal em so y'all need to
hide your flag, hide your motto
and hide your nation too
cuz they're steal'n evrrthing out here
you don't have to come and confess
we're lookin for you
we gon find you
we gon find you
so you can run and tell that,
run and tell that
run and tell that, homeboy
home, home, homeboy

we got your t-shirt
you done left fingerprints and all
you are so dumb
you are really dumb--for real
you are really, really, really, really so dumb
i was attacked by some spammer in the feeders
so dumb, so dumb, so dumb, so dumb.
Last edited by Unibot II on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm

There are some acts of theft so brazen and unforgivable which would, in the eyes of Europeia, warrant a condemnation for the thief in question. While many of the victim statements given here are quite personal, and Europeia does not wish to make light of these pour souls who have suffered at the hands of the Flag Thief, we ask you to think of what damage could be done when the flag of not just a nation, but an entire region is stolen.

The Flag Thief is a swift one indeed. He stole not just one of our flags, but every Europeian flag we had, forcing us to sew more by hand to bring us back to where we were before. I have so many needle holes in my fingers, I can't... it was a harrowing experience, and many Europeians, like me, have perforated fingers, where once they were silky smooth and well-cared for. Condemn this man. Condemn him for all time.
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:44 pm

"Ahem..."

OSRS - Flag policy wrote:Using someone else's flag without permission: Don't. You'd think we didn't have to spell this out as it's copyright infringement/plagiarism, but apparently we do.

- Ms. S. Harper.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:"Ahem..."

OSRS - Flag policy wrote:Using someone else's flag without permission: Don't. You'd think we didn't have to spell this out as it's copyright infringement/plagiarism, but apparently we do.

- Ms. S. Harper.

It's fine - Flag Thief has been doing this since 2004 (even stealing the flags of mods and admins), and done in this manner, it's OK.

Flag Thief
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flag Thief » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:02 pm

- Ms. S. Harper.

That's a pretty flag you've got there..

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Sedgistan wrote:

- Ms. S. Harper.

It's fine - Flag Thief has been doing this since 2004 (even stealing the flags of mods and admins), and done in this manner, it's OK.

I'd be against RII.c to use it in the condemnation, right?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Unibot II wrote:I'd be against RII.c to use it in the condemnation, right?

To mention the rules? Yes, that would be illegal.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Sun May 22, 2011 11:47 am

The Weasels of Kryozerkia, though patriotic, know the flag flown by the nation is merely fabric displaying our national symbol, which just so happens to be a holographic projection. When our flag was suddenly taken from us, we were amused and flattered that this Thief loved our flag so much. However much to our dismay, this rotten no-good motherless llama of an un-weasely thief also stole our cheese! OUR CHEESE! He must be condemned for this violation of our sovereignty! How dare he steal our cheese! Oh wait... this is about the flag? Oh well, I suppose we're outraged about that as well, but... OUR CHEESE!!!
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Sun May 22, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun May 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:The Weasels of Kryozerkia, though patriotic, know the flag flown by the nation is merely fabric displaying our national symbol, which just so happens to be a holographic projection. When our flag was suddenly taken from us, we were amused and flattered that this Thief loved our flag so much. However much to our dismay, this rotten no-good motherless llama of an un-weasely thief also stole our cheese! OUR CHEESE! He must be condemned for this violation of our sovereignty! How dare he steal our cheese! Oh wait... this is about the flag? Oh well, I suppose we're outraged about that as well, but... OUR CHEESE!!!

*hugs* It'll be okay. There there. Here's some cheese. * delivers shipments of cheese to the borders of Kyrozerkia*

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Bump! I've got to submit this sometime soon, I just wanted to make sure that the public anger shown about Crazygirl's jokey "Condemn Sedgistan" mitigated before I submitted.

Dragonia Re Xzua
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonia Re Xzua » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Flag Thief wrote:

- Ms. S. Harper.

That's a pretty flag you've got there..

Uh........ yeah. :( Not going to happen.
Humans are monsters, we will never change, we will always want to claw out the throats of those with a difference in opinion, we will never be in an age of peace because of our lust for war, poverty will continue to exist as long as monetary needs exist. We rape, enslave, and conquer with no regards to others. We live by the sword, and we will, justifiably, die by the sword.

Hope is for unrealistic idealists. Pessimism is your friend.

Going Postal
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Going Postal » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm in support of this Condemn. Look at all those copy right infringements for stealing flags! :O Lawyers are going to have a field day. :P

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 am

Puts on his campaigning music (I've decided on a Wheezer collection for this one. Dunno why. XD). Time to actually get this up to vote.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:03 pm

So you guys and gals know, I had to remove clauses and BBcode because of length.

Greetings,

I’m now the author of “Condemn Flag Thief”-- it’s a bill to condemn the Flag Thief of NationStates! Flag Thief operates by ‘stealing’ people’s nation flags and using them for a day, it has become a rather beloved tradition since Early 2004. As of 2010, Flag Thief also steals regional flags and site flags. I’ve been drafting this condemnation for the last five months.

Condemn Flag Thief” is ultimately a humorous take on Flag Thief, because Flag Thief also liked to maintain a façade that what it was doing was malicious and bad – it only seemed fitting to condemn them as such in recognition. Furthermore, Flag Thief has approved this condemnation. Most of this resolution is actually true or stretched to an extremely harsh interpretation for the humor.

Your approval of this resolution is vital to its success, please approve!

If you have any commentary, questions or cookies you’d like send my way, feel free to telegram me.

Yours,
Unibot

P.S Drafting thread is located here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=90791
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

The Matriarchians
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Matriarchians » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 am

Flag Thief wrote:I see this has fallen still, perhaps I need to work a bit harder and steal more flags.

Steal mine!
Last edited by Noone on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:40 pm, edited -0 times in total.

Our motto: This is a motto of a City-State in Canada!

[*]Communist
[*]Pro-Gaddafi
[*]Pro-Orange Free State
[*]Anti-Glenn Beck
Gaddafi is the Righteous leader and the "Revolution" in Libya is a way for the West to get more power. This "Revolution" has killed innocent people especially in the NATO bombings!
http://ns-matriarchia.wikispaces.com/ - My Wiki
Al-Harakut al-Islami wrote:Are they[aliens] hostile? If they're no better than humans, then yes.

:lol:

The NationStates Community
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The NationStates Community » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:26 pm

I feel like another personal take is needed.

When Flag Thief stole my flag it was terrible. Absolutely terrible. I felt like he hadn't just taken my flag, but, that, somehow, the entire NationStates Community was adversely affected by his flying my flag. It really is just terrible, it really is. We don't know what to do, he claims its been returned, but how am I to know? How is the community to know? It really is terrible, absolutely. It really is terrible that this representation of the community has been cartoonicized and made fun of by this l'il rascal known as Flag Thief, honestly, for the sake of The NationStates Community, FLAG THIEF MUST BE CONDEMNED!

:rofl:

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Flag thief has now struck a blow to the nation states community, in a way he stole everyone's flag. This cannot be ignored, he must be condemned!
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives