NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Kalasparata

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Noordeinde
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Noordeinde » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:12 am

Afther having taken a close look at all the presented evidence, together with Legal experts and the Chief Justice of the Royal Noordeindian Supreme Court we advised the current administration to vote in favor of this proposed resolution.

The Cabinet, lead by President Roosevelt, agreed that there's plenty of evidence proving that Kalasparata has violated international law and thus should be held responsible for the heinous crimes it commits against it's own citizens, immigrants and tourists residing in their country.

We shall therefore vote FOR the proposal.

Yours Sincerely,
John Gallagher
Ambassador extroardinary & Plenipotentiary
Chief Permanent Diplomatic Mission to the WA

The Grand Duchy of Noordeinde
Last edited by Noordeinde on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gay, for gay rights, and I don't care what you think, its my life. If you support gay rights put this in your signature.

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:35 am

Port-du-sud wrote:The government of Port-du-sud is undecided because civil rights in Kalasparata are qualified of "very good". it's not the case of Cyrupean with "below average". And we can say that there is a lack of evidences. We ask for further investigations but in the current situation we can't condemn a sovereign state on gap basis.

George Ingemar the delegate from the Imperial Republic of Cyrupe spoke up, "It is clear that Port-du-sud is looking at World Assembly rights rankings and not the clear evidence provided in the proposal. I would also like to point out that the Imperial Republic of Cyrupe is ranked as 'excellent' on the rights ranking system and not the 'below average' you claim. There is not a lack of evidence and there is no need for further investigations."

Brushing his hair aside loosely he continued to speak, "However we are very appreciative that we are currently receiving majority support of our proposal, Condemn Kalasparata with a current 490 for to 311 against at my time of speaking. We also offer a congratulations to the Delegate of Charlotte Ryberg, Ms. Harper for being the first to cast a vote on the proposal."

OOCly, the Cyrupean WA office is merely our office within the World Assembly and should not be considered when looking at our rights.
Last edited by Cyrupe on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Port-du-sud
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Port-du-sud » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

Cyrupe wrote:
Port-du-sud wrote:The government of Port-du-sud is undecided because civil rights in Kalasparata are qualified of "very good". it's not the case of Cyrupean with "below average". And we can say that there is a lack of evidences. We ask for further investigations but in the current situation we can't condemn a sovereign state on gap basis.

George Ingemar the delegate from the Imperial Republic of Cyrupe spoke up, "It is clear that Port-du-sud is looking at World Assembly rights rankings and not the clear evidence provided in the proposal. I would also like to point out that the Imperial Republic of Cyrupe is ranked as 'excellent' on the rights ranking system and not the 'below average' you claim. There is not a lack of evidence and there is no need for further investigations."

Brushing his hair aside loosely he continued to speak, "However we are very appreciative that we are currently receiving majority support of our proposal, Condemn Kalasparata with a current 490 for to 311 against at my time of speaking. We also offer a congratulations to the Delegate of Charlotte Ryberg, Ms. Harper for being the first to cast a vote on the proposal."

OOCly, the Cyrupean WA office is merely our office within the World Assembly and should not be considered when looking at our rights.

For political interests of our Country, we can't vote in favour of this resolution but we apologize for the error "below average-excellent".
Cordially

Reformed Britannia
Senator

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Reformed Britannia » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Suddenly, an impeccably dressed old man with a ridiculously oversized moustache and a gleaming monocle positioned in his right eye strode into the room.
"Hello, chaps. I would just like to state that Britannia has temporarily re-joined the WA in the interests of seeing this proposal pass. Therefore, as part of my duty to His Majesty's Realm, I hereby declare that Britannia shall vote 'aye' on this resolution."

THE PEOPLE'S CONFEDERATION OF LEUTLAND
FORWARD, FOR THE GLORIOUS CAUSE!

IIWiki Factbook

Emmeria Kingdom
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Emmeria Kingdom » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:01 pm

The legislation of the congress of Emmeria vote yea on this act. The evidence that my congress recieve made the point for the vote then this evidence went over to the Juditionial Branch of the Monarchial branch and approve by the Head Chief of the Branch. Then was sent to foriegn affairs and agree that Kalasparata should condemned
Im not an American. Im an Emmerian

Torphy Earned:Hero of Russia
Earn a nuke as a sniper
Torphy Earned: Radiant Japan
Earn a nuke as a soldier

Encelladus
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Encelladus » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:14 pm

The Cyrupean WA Office wrote:Round two, it seems.

Condemn Kalasparata
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.
Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Kalasparata | Proposed by: The Cyrupean WA Office

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING Kalasparata as a threat to the safety and stability of the world,

NOTING that Kalasparata routinely subjects its population to needless cruelties to even minor infractions of the law and its routine abuse of the citizens of fellow nations,

HORRIFIED of the few punishments that Kalasparata has revealed to the international public which include but is not limited to

• Punishing citizens for crimes such as driving while under the influence by wounding the offender with a firearm, performing surgery on the criminal without the usage of anesthetics, offering them little time to heal with no pain relievers and little to no antibiotics before putting them in the equivalent of a work camp. Criminals that do not perform duties to the expectation of camp wardens have their necessary limbs amputated and are forced to continue aforementioned duties

• Paying motorists to drive their vehicles over criminals the Kalasparatan government deems unfit to continue living

• Forcing prisoners to consume feces and drink urine or leave prisoners in conditions that otherwise force them to commit such acts out of survival

• Sending prisoners to a so-called 'Danger Island' which contains numerous biological and natural hazards, leaving the prisoners for upwards of three days

• Stapling mouths of prisoners shut so that they are effectively silenced, repeated acid and or fire burns and branding prisoners with molten magnesium, often resulting in the loss of aforementioned prisoner's arms or legs

• 'On the spot' penalties such as removing a criminal's hands and forcing them to buy the victim a new car for spilling paint. Criminals that cannot pay are forced to work in a factory for just meager wages

APPALLED by the nation of Kalasparata's blatant abuse of children by torturing children for often mild infractions of school policy, especially in cases of fighting where weaponry is used. Such torture in Kalasparata results in the death of the subject in adult cases, much less in child cases,

ACKNOWLEDGING the nation of Kalasparata as a threat to both its people and the international community around it because

• Repeated and unnecessary abuse of tourists and travelers by forcing their vehicles to stop well outside of their territorial waters and force passengers to wait unreasonable times for clearance, even if they were never intending to stop in Kalasparata

• Abducting citizens of nations who happened to be involved with one of Kalasparata's numerous forced vehicle checks if they are part of a blacklist

• Taking vehicles deemed to be unsafe by the Kalasparatan Transport Authority forcefully, ejecting the passengers of aforementioned vehicles and then taking the passengers and crew to an unspecified area

• Repeated usage of antimatter in portions upwards of 500 kilograms against the vehicles that violate their travel restrictions, endangering not only themselves but large portions of the world on a near daily basis

• Numerous documented cases of the nation of Kalasparata selling off humans, perhaps those taken by the black list authority for both food and medical testing

CONCLUDING that Kalasparata is a threat deemed necessary of a condemnation because of its reckless disregard of human life, unnecessary usage of weapons of mass destruction and clearly needless hostility towards its international neighbors,

Hereby Condemns Kalasparata.

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING Kalasparata as a threat to the safety and security of the world,

NOTING that Kalasparata routinely subjects its population to needless cruelties for even minor infractions of the law,

HORRIFIED of the few punishments Kalasparata has revealed to the international public such as:

• Using firearms against its citizens for crimes such as driving while under the influence, performing surgery on aforementioned citizens without the use of anesthetics, putting them in the equivalent of a work camp and then amputating their necessary limbs for not properly doing duties which would be impossible regardless of their fitness.

• Paying motorists to drive over criminals Kalasparata otherwise deems unfit to continue living.

• Forcing prisoners to drink urine and consume feces

• Sending prisoners into a so-called 'Danger Island' which contains numerous biological and natural hazards and leaving them for upwards of three days

• Stapling the mouths of prisoners shut so that they are effectively silenced, repeated acid and or fire burns, branding prisoners with molten magnesium, often resulting in the loss of aforementioned prisoner's arm or leg,

FURTHER HORRIFIED by Kalasparata's abuse of Children and animals with blatant violations such as:

• Providing young children with a mandatory education that is considered to be of college level in most countries

• Permitting children to join the army at the age of five with parental permission, granting them independence when they turn fourteen

• Torturing children for minor infractions caused in school such as fighting. Often such torture in Kalasparata results in the death of the subject in adult cases, much less child cases

• Planning to send dogs in a so-called "light-speed" rocket down a planned five to eight kilometer deep hole into Planet Earth to see if it would be safe for researchers,

REALIZING Kalasparata proves itself to be a threat not only to its people but to the world because:
• Repeated abuse of tourists and travelers by forcing their vehicles to stop well outside of their territorial waters and force passengers to wait unreasonable times for clearance even if they were not intending to stop in Kalasparata

• Abducting citizens of nations who happened to be on a flight or ship which entered Kalasparatan territorial waters and airspace if they are part of a blacklist

• Taking vehicles deemed unsafe by the Kalasparatan Transport Authority, ejecting the passengers of aforementioned vehicles and then taking the passengers and crew to an unspecified area

• Repeated usage of antimatter in amounts upwards of 500 kilograms against vehicles that violate their travel restrictions, endangering not only themselves but large portions of the world on a near daily basis.

• Documented cases of the nation of Kalasparata selling off humans for food and medical tests,

CONCLUDING that Kalasparata is a threat necessary of a condemnation because of its reckless disregard of human life, unnecessary usage of weapons of mass destruction and hostility towards its international neighbors proven in the examples provided earlier in the document,

Hereby Condemns Kalasparata.

References

Driving under the influence [source]
Crimes against prisoners [source]
Paying motorists to murder [source]
Forced consumption of fecal matter [source]
Young Children in the armed forces [source]
On the spot punishments [source]
Planet Earth digging operation [source]

where did you get all this information?

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Encelladus wrote:Disturbingly unnecessary quoting

Encelladus wrote:where did you get all this information?

I got it by searching Kalasparata's posts. It's quite clear where I got the information as the exact links are shown in the reference section.
Last edited by Cyrupe on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Western Reaches
Minister

Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't think condemning him is the right idea, it will just be like a little badge that we're giving him and it doesn't stop him from doing anything.

There was once a draft to condemn ME, and I was almost miffed that it didn't go through because I wanted to tell people that I had been "officially condemned by the WA". See how badass that sounds?
Tipper mc Westy's Graphics
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Krytenia: Sleep first, post later.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Gauthier:The only thing higher than the rent... is Charlie Sheen.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.
San Pellegrino Romana: Let's make Hayaba puppets.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:40 pm

The Western Reaches wrote:I don't think condemning him is the right idea, it will just be like a little badge that we're giving him and it doesn't stop him from doing anything.

There was once a draft to condemn ME, and I was almost miffed that it didn't go through because I wanted to tell people that I had been "officially condemned by the WA". See how badass that sounds?

Yeah, it does confer a level of badassery, but at the same time it is also bad if he is around nations that take the WA seriously. We don't, but we dislike Kalasparata enough to want this to pass.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
The Western Reaches wrote:I don't think condemning him is the right idea, it will just be like a little badge that we're giving him and it doesn't stop him from doing anything.

Yeah, it does confer a level of badassery, but at the same time it is also bad if he is around nations that take the WA seriously. We don't, but we dislike Kalasparata enough to want this to pass.

First off, people who take the WA seriously stay away from him anyway, because they are usually the"upper-class" players as such.

Anyway I still vote against because he doesn't deserve the attention. He'll just make thread after thread about it and he'll never let it go.
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.

St George of England
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:49 pm

The Western Reaches wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

First off, people who take the WA seriously stay away from him anyway, because they are usually the"upper-class" players as such.

Anyway I still vote against because he doesn't deserve the attention. He'll just make thread after thread about it and he'll never let it go.

This.
The Angline-Guanxine Empire
Current Monarch: His Heavenly Guanxine The Ky Morris
Population: As NS Page
Current RP: Closure of the Paulianus Passage
The United Coven of the Otherworlds
Current Leader: Covenwoman Paige Thomas
Population: 312,000,000
Military Size: 4,000,000
New to NS? TG me if you have questions.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Some of the accusations against Kalasparata seem actually commendable, rather than condemnable. At worst they are irrelevant and of no concern to the World Assembly. The People of Aundotutunagir will oppose this condemnation.

I am also disappointed that you left out the part about the dogs. I enjoyed reading that part.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador
The People of Aundotutunagir

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Metania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Unusual legal systems are not terribly important--if we condemn Kalasparata for those, then we have a couple thousand more horrid dictatorships to deal with.

Voted against.
Determination Overcomes Adversity
Jul

Encelladus
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Encelladus » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Cyrupe wrote:
Encelladus wrote:Disturbingly unnecessary quoting

Encelladus wrote:where did you get all this information?

I got it by searching Kalasparata's posts. It's quite clear where I got the information as the exact links are shown in the reference section.

sorry, didnt see them.

now this is just my opinion, but i find that these types of condemnations(condeming them because of what they post on the forum) have no relevance in the SC.
judging from his/her bad spelling and overkill attitude about how certain topics would be handled should they get into power, he/she is about 13/14 years old or is just slow and evil.
if they are slow and evil, this could be a badge of honor for them. you could be giving them exactly what they want, which i doubt you want to do.
if they are 13/14 years old, let them make a fool out of themselves and leave it be, your just attracting people to a scene that should be locked away in a dark corner of NS and be left their to mature into something that realises what they post.

there are probably better and more important resolutions to write up such as liberations of regions or condeming an oppresive delegate.
as i said, its just my opinion.

Encelladus
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Encelladus » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Metania wrote:Unusual legal systems are not terribly important--if we condemn Kalasparata for those, then we have a couple thousand more horrid dictatorships to deal with.

Voted against.

exactly

Koffiedik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Koffiedik » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Indeed, the dogs were a feat of strength.

I don't like witch burning, and i'm thinking about making 200kg anti-matter my national religion.
Nobel Hobos wrote:When a guest, leave the toilet seat the way your found it. If it was down, leave it down. If it was up, leave it up.

The Holonet
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holonet » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Good afternoon esteemed colleagues,

The official stance of The Allied States of The Holonet is that all countries have an inherent right to govern their sovereign domain as they please. However, as the resolution clearly states, the government of Kalasparta repeatedly takes actions that endangers the people and lands of the rest of the world, invading the sovereignty of other nations. Therefore, The Allied States of The Holonet supports this resolution. Furthermore, we will be increasing our intelligence efforts towards Kalasparta to prepare ourselves should they become aggressive.

Sincerely,
An0nym0u5
Allied States of The Holonet Marketing Department Moderator

Motuka
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Motuka » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:01 pm

While the Motukan Autonomous Exclave does support a condemnation of Kalasparata, that is on the basis of its interactions with other nations; its domestic policies are only important inasmuch they overlap with said interactions.

We remain positively neutral.

- Julian Kbitaru, the Red Room
World Assembly Personnel: Sandor Kaji ~ Julian Kbitaru

Political compass: Approximately -8 Social/+1 Economic (OOC); -6 Social/+9 Economic (IC) ~ Making Maps [suggestions welcome]

Jessbronation
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessbronation » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 pm

I 110% DO NOT SUPPORT THIS. WHAT HAS THIS GUY EVER DONE TO YOUR COUNTY HUH!

Im not saying that I agree to anything Kalasparata is doing but to Condemn him just because you don't like what he does with issues is TOTALLY WRONG!

I am making it my duty to stop resolutions like this from appearing and if they do, then it is also my duty to stop them from passing.

If you want to really be a big bad guy then why don't you come and condemn someone your own size WHO CAN DEFEND HIMSELF FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Jessbronation wrote:I 110% DO NOT SUPPORT THIS. WHAT HAS THIS GUY EVER DONE TO YOUR COUNTY HUH!

Traces of Anti-matter tearing holes in reality disrupted one of our county fairs, if you must know.

A condemnation means nothing, it means that the WA doesn't like you, it doesn't mean that you will die a quick and painful death. Although I still don't want this condemnation to pass, I think you have the wrong idea.

Trebleland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

A few questions.

Postby Trebleland » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Before I cast my vote on this issue, I'd like to know a few things:

1. Has Kalasparata done anything to pose a threat to another nation?

2. Has this nation broken any specific laws regarding treatment of people?

3. Is this being put up because someone thinks that this guy could pose a threat or is this being debated because someone doesn't like the way he governs his people? I mean, I personally wouldn't commit these acts, but I'm hesitant to cast a vote until I feel that this nation has specifically done something that threatens the world.

Just my two cents.
Ricky Hopkins
President, Republic of Trebleland [nation][/nation]

The Cyrupean WA Office
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyrupean WA Office » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Trebleland wrote:Before I cast my vote on this issue, I'd like to know a few things:

3. Is this being put up because someone thinks that this guy could pose a threat or is this being debated because someone doesn't like the way he governs his people? I mean, I personally wouldn't commit these acts, but I'm hesitant to cast a vote until I feel that this nation has specifically done something that threatens the world.

Just my two cents.

Indeed. Abducting tourists and launching antimatter not enough? If so, I honestly don't know what is. Kalasparata has broken specific laws regarding the treatment of people including GA #9, the prevention of torture and GA #7, Workplace Safety Standards Act. It isn't being put up because someone thinks Kalasparata could pose a threat, it's being put up because Kalasparata has proven itself to violate laws and be a threat.
Last edited by The Cyrupean WA Office on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motuka
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Motuka » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Jessbronation wrote:I 110% DO NOT SUPPORT THIS. WHAT HAS THIS GUY EVER DONE TO YOUR COUNTY HUH!

Im not saying that I agree to anything Kalasparata is doing but to Condemn him just because you don't like what he does with issues is TOTALLY WRONG!

I am making it my duty to stop resolutions like this from appearing and if they do, then it is also my duty to stop them from passing.

If you want to really be a big bad guy then why don't you come and condemn someone your own size WHO CAN DEFEND HIMSELF FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

Hmm, alright. I'm about 5'7" and 125 pounds. How much do you weigh and what have you done that's worthy of condemnation?

- Posted via sticky note from the Red Room
World Assembly Personnel: Sandor Kaji ~ Julian Kbitaru

Political compass: Approximately -8 Social/+1 Economic (OOC); -6 Social/+9 Economic (IC) ~ Making Maps [suggestions welcome]

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 pm

A small penguin enters the chamber. "The delegate of Retired WerePenguins is currently drunk out of his mind at the Stranger's Bar on Wild Turkey Rare Breed to make an official statement. I have been told to inform you that he voted against this resolution. I remind the delegates this is the Security Council, not the Council of Nannies and Mother Hens. And if I hear one more bullshit remark about antimater I'm going to ... crap, I don't even know what to do, but if I could do it, i would."
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Trebleland wrote:Before I cast my vote on this issue, I'd like to know a few things:

Just my two cents.

Well, I'm sure antimatter being launched at airplanes and ships in bad for other nations. Especially when you have to deal with antimatter fallout. Allow me to defer you to this little gem.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives