NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Condemn NAZI EUROPE (TNEP - Part 1)

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Nazis in Space wrote:Whirrs and mechanical clicking and clacking. Tiny motors powering the limbs of a vast metal frame, twisting it, turning it around. The figure stands up, four 20 mm rotary cannons going left, right, left again as the mecha's massive bulk itself moves.

It's harmless enough, since Mecha-Hitler isn't allowed weapons inside the chambers any more than anyone else is, but the rotary's menacing whirring is disconcerting enough, even if one knows that they're not loaded.

A few bubbles form inside the glass plate that separates Hitler's Brain in a Jar from the outside world. He looks angry, although admittedly, Hitler being Hitler, he always looks angry. May be the genes.

Then, the man-machine starts to speak, emitting a mechanical, metallic voice.

"Ladies and gentlemen, honoured delegates, as well as rather less honoured untermenschen and jews. My name is Adolf Hitler, and you may still know me from your highschool textbooks or your country's history channel - although I should note that your textbooks rather underestimated my esteemed Dr. Mengele's skills in brain conservation and man/ machine integration.

"I speak to you today, not as a representative of Nazi Europe - for I do not represent it, tragic and unsuitable though this state of affairs undoubtedly is - but as a representative of myself, and my people, of the nazis who made it to space and produced a flourishing civilisation of nazis in outer space."

The man/ machine/ whatever pauses dramatically, a few more bubbles rising inside the glass case that contains its brain and nutritious liquid. "You. All of you." Rotary cannons swirl dramatically as arms move in a swift motion to emphasize the point - everyone is addressed. Every delegate, everyone present. "You are hypocrites. You accuse us of invading the bolshevik menace, but I ask you, what else were we supposed to do? We had ton defend ourselves, and did so - successfully. And then the sore loser cries out in pain and pretends to be the victim, rather than the aggressor, like a Polack denying that he blew up an aryan radio station? Be not fooled by their pretentions of self-righteousness and peacefulness, by their promises to be good and proper! They're bolsheviks, a species," he almost spits out the word, and little twirls form inside the nutritious fluid in which his head swims, "aiming at nothing less than world conquest. THEY are the disease. WE are the cure. WE were the target, and we were too big for them. Simple as that.

"So maybe, my honoured, if not particularly aryan - as far as I'm aware, anyway. I'm not sure if Laos' ethnic composition has experienced significant changes in the recent past - regional Führer has used an aggressive tone in his interactions with the world at large. But how has the world treated HIM? Action causes reaction, and I don't think I need to repeat the persecution, the bias, the isolation nazis experience to this day, in this very building, not for their deeds, but merely for what they are! You cannot expect him to reply to hostility with flowers. Violence only causes more violence, and violence, open hostility against us Nazis and our beliefs, our politics is what we've been faced with throughout every stage of our presence in these halls. Can you honestly condemn a great leader like our Führer from Laos Refugees for replying in kind to the hostility he faces?

"You can condemn us. The vote as it stands certainly says so. But you cannot defeat us. And your hypocrisy, gentlemen... Your hypocrisy is disgusting. Here, my vote! I, too, shall vote to 'Condemn' Nazi Europe. But know just how pointless, how hypocritical, how filled with lies this condemnation is. You condemn us, and maybe you even believe the slander of the bolshevics, their lies and conspiracies to bring down the new man.

"But it is all for naught, for we are nazis, and nazis never surrender, never retreat. We will remain, and the lies of the mighty will not shake our faith."

Mecha-Hitler stops, the head behind the mecha's headpiece window seemingly red - the nutritious fluid isn't very good at providing oxygen, and Mecha-Hitler needs some time to recover.

Then, with another whirr of his massive quadruple 20 mm rotaries, the multi-ton frame sits down again.

:shock:

:eyebrow:

Wait... who are you, again?

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Unibot wrote:
:shock:

:eyebrow:

Wait... who are you, again?

A member of my region, and a damn good writer at that.

Kulaloe
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulaloe » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:33 pm

Nazis in Space wrote:
Whirrs and mechanical clicking and clacking. Tiny motors powering the limbs of a vast metal frame, twisting it, turning it around. The figure stands up, four 20 mm rotary cannons going left, right, left again as the mecha's massive bulk itself moves.

It's harmless enough, since Mecha-Hitler isn't allowed weapons inside the chambers any more than anyone else is, but the rotary's menacing whirring is disconcerting enough, even if one knows that they're not loaded.

A few bubbles form inside the glass plate that separates Hitler's Brain in a Jar from the outside world. He looks angry, although admittedly, Hitler being Hitler, he always looks angry. May be the genes.

"Ladies and gentlemen, honoured delegates, as well as rather less honoured untermenschen and jews. My name is Adolf Hitler, and you may still know me from your highschool textbooks or your country's history channel - although I should note that your textbooks rather underestimated my esteemed Dr. Mengele's skills in brain conservation and man/ machine integration.

"I speak to you today, not as a representative of Nazi Europe - for I do not represent it, tragic and unsuitable though this state of affairs undoubtedly is - but as a representative of myself, and my people, of the nazis who made it to space and produced a flourishing civilisation of nazis in outer space."

The man/ machine/ whatever pauses dramatically, a few more bubbles rising inside the glass case that contains its brain and nutritious liquid. "You. All of you." Rotary cannons swirl dramatically as arms move in a swift motion to emphasize the point - everyone is addressed. Every delegate, everyone present. "You are hypocrites. You accuse us of invading the bolshevik menace, but I ask you, what else were we supposed to do? We had ton defend ourselves, and did so - successfully. And then the sore loser cries out in pain and pretends to be the victim, rather than the aggressor, like a Polack denying that he blew up an aryan radio station? Be not fooled by their pretentions of self-righteousness and peacefulness, by their promises to be good and proper! They're bolsheviks, a species," he almost spits out the word, and little twirls form inside the nutritious fluid in which his head swims, "aiming at nothing less than world conquest. THEY are the disease. WE are the cure. WE were the target, and we were too big for them. Simple as that.

"So maybe, my honoured, if not particularly aryan - as far as I'm aware, anyway. I'm not sure if Laos' ethnic composition has experienced significant changes in the recent past - regional Führer has used an aggressive tone in his interactions with the world at large. But how has the world treated HIM? Action causes reaction, and I don't think I need to repeat the persecution, the bias, the isolation nazis experience to this day, in this very building, not for their deeds, but merely for what they are! You cannot expect him to reply to hostility with flowers. Violence only causes more violence, and violence, open hostility against us Nazis and our beliefs, our politics is what we've been faced with throughout every stage of our presence in these halls. Can you honestly condemn a great leader like our Führer from Laos Refugees for replying in kind to the hostility he faces?

"You can condemn us. The vote as it stands certainly says so. But you cannot defeat us. And your hypocrisy, gentlemen... Your hypocrisy is disgusting. Here, my vote! I, too, shall vote to 'Condemn' Nazi Europe. But know just how pointless, how hypocritical, how filled with lies this condemnation is. You condemn us, and maybe you even believe the slander of the bolshevics, their lies and conspiracies to bring down the new man.

"But it is all for naught, for we are nazis, and nazis never surrender, never retreat. We will remain, and the lies of the mighty will not shake our faith."

Mecha-Hitler stops, the head behind the mecha's headpiece window seemingly red - the nutritious fluid isn't very good at providing oxygen, and Mecha-Hitler needs some time to recover.

Then, with another whirr of his massive quadruple 20 mm rotaries, the multi-ton frame sits down again.

OOC: I just had a nerdgasm! That was awesome!
IC: You live? Holy crap!
It's pronounced koo-LAH-loy
My currency works like the yen, please do not think my storefront prices are extortionate.
Kulaloe's NSwiki Page|Kulaloe's Foreign Legion UDL Member
Remember kids: It's only fun 'til YOU lose an eye!

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Nazis in Space wrote:
Whirrs and mechanical clicking and clacking. Tiny motors powering the limbs of a vast metal frame, twisting it, turning it around. The figure stands up, four 20 mm rotary cannons going left, right, left again as the mecha's massive bulk itself moves.

I actually got a chuckle out of that post. Congratulations.
Last edited by A mean old man on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:00 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Nazis in Space wrote:

I actually got a chuckle out of that post. Congratulations.

you all may be surprised, but we did too.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Scarsaw
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scarsaw » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:16 pm

((Why is it every time I poke my head in NS after a leave of absence, NE is at vote?))

The Federation of Scarsaw

The Federation of Scarsaw holds mixed feelings on this condemnation as we will not deny that the past of Nazi Europe has been bloody and ignorant, but cannot vote for this condemnation as it is not an accurate reflection of the region today. Much has changed since those events and the Federation is willing to make right the wrongs of our region, but will not support a condemnation of actions we have grown out of and no longer practice.

The assaults you label on NE are years old and involve nations that have since dissolved. Truly this is now a case of the sins of the father becoming sins of the son, and it is unjust to punish now for crimes that were committed long ago. Much like punishing a man who is 50 for stealing candy when he was 5, the Federation questions the intentions behind this condemnation as it appears to be more like an excuse to punish than a reason.

What is hoped to be accomplished? Do they wish to curve our "nasty" ways, although they already are curved? Is this revenge for something few, if any, remember? Is this an excuse to justify a condemnation that was unfairly granted? These are questions that come to the mind of the Federation.

We agree and are more than willing to aid in repairing the damages that our reckless childhood brought to the world. Even if the Federation may not have existed on the international level during these times, we feel it is only right to support any liberation attempts of the regions Nazi Europe once raided ((and later lost the password to)). This seems like a more just and beneficial way to make amends with the community and prove that Nazi Europe is the matured and responsible region we are today.

Nicholas Rowansburg
Supreme Chancellor of the Federation of Scarsaw

((OOC: also, what about me? I see mentions that there was a bullet against me, and I'm kinda curious in what it was))
Last edited by Scarsaw on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Before us lies National Socialism, in us marches National Socialism, and behind us comes National Socialism.

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 am

Right from 10000 islands RMB:

3 hours ago FlagThe Flower Girl of Ananke II I like that Just Guy cast his vote early. We might as well get the most out of his endorsement count and it's kinda nifty when 10ki manage to steer the WA vote. :)

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 22, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Flemingovia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:28 am

i wonder if those who were bitching about the use of block votes swaying the WA when delegates were voting against the repeal will be consistent and complain now Just Guy is voting for?

thought not.
IMPORTANT: Before reading this post please read the terms and conditions below. By accessing this post you signify your acceptance, full and in part, of those terms and conditions:

http://img808.imageshack.us/i/disclaimer.jpg/

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:44 am

Flemingovia wrote:i wonder if those who were bitching about the use of block votes swaying the WA when delegates were voting against the repeal will be consistent and complain now Just Guy is voting for?

thought not.

Its the lemming effect. Its bad no matter what is being voted on.

Just Guy
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Just Guy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:46 am

Once it is clear the 10ki community has made a decision regarding a resolution, there is no reason why I should wait before casting my vote.
Elindra doing the Defenders' propaganda for the day:
Kshrlmnt wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Defenders are naturally disadvantaged in NationStates

One thing I like about raiding.

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:34 am

Just Guy wrote:Once it is clear the 10ki community has made a decision regarding a resolution, there is no reason why I should wait before casting my vote.

Oh quit the charade, you know exactly what you are doing. The fact that you do so in such high esteem shows how much of a pathetic delegate you are.

Scarsaw
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Scarsaw » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:46 am

The Federation would like to ask Defendingg not to turn this into a pettier argument and make the against side look immature. This second condemnation is sickening proof in the eyes of the Federation of the WA's determination to witch hunt the region, considering most accusations were individual members years ago, but that does not justify attacking or smearing the other side.
Before us lies National Socialism, in us marches National Socialism, and behind us comes National Socialism.

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:49 am

Scarsaw wrote:The Federation would like to ask Defendingg not to turn this into a pettier argument and make the against side look immature. This second condemnation is sickening proof in the eyes of the Federation of the WA's determination to witch hunt the region, considering most accusations were individual members years ago, but that does not justify attacking or smearing the other side.

In clarification to the delegate of Scarsaw, I am in favor of the second condemnation, I just cant stand vote stackers. At least while voting, the previous delegate of 10ki wasn't as obnoxious.

Just Guy
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Just Guy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:14 am

It is quite funny that the last Delegate was the one you were quoting from the RMB -- just showing that you have no clue what you're on about.
Love you Ananke
Of course, I am perfectly aware of the effect that voting early has. You should realise, however, that I don't have to vote late just for your convenience. Are you seriously suggesting I wait before casting a vote?
Elindra doing the Defenders' propaganda for the day:
Kshrlmnt wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Defenders are naturally disadvantaged in NationStates

One thing I like about raiding.

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:20 am

Just Guy wrote:It is quite funny that the last Delegate was the one you were quoting from the RMB -- just showing that you have no clue what you're on about.
Love you Ananke
Of course, I am perfectly aware of the effect that voting early has. You should realise, however, that I don't have to vote late just for your convenience. Are you seriously suggesting I wait before casting a vote?

Yes I know that. Ananke is still less obnoxious than you are, and plus I got that from the RMB, thats different from saying it on the main forum like:

Durr Hurr, your resolution sucks because I voted against it.

OOC: and in response to your last question: if you cared about the future of the SC and the game, then yes.
Last edited by Defendingg on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:23 am

Keep this thread to debating SCR #37, please. Discussion of the currently at-vote repeal goes here.

Defendingg wrote:The fact that you do so in such high esteem shows how much of a pathetic delegate you are.

Cut it out.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 am

Just Guy wrote:Of course, I am perfectly aware of the effect that voting early has. You should realise, however, that I don't have to vote late just for your convenience. Are you seriously suggesting I wait before casting a vote?

And, if I recall, there was a big complaint a few weeks/month-ish ago regarding your voting very late in the process (or perhaps it was a different big delegate?) that swayed the final vote tally from FOR to AGAINST ... or vice versa. (I'm can't say I remember the details all that clearly.) And, hell, it could have been in the GA too, versus the SC.

So far as my minuscule (by comparison) Delegate vote goes, I'll likely be voting in favor, but I have not voted as of yet.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Scarsaw
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Scarsaw » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:27 am

Defendingg wrote:In clarification to the delegate of Scarsaw, I am in favor of the second condemnation, I just cant stand vote stackers. At least while voting, the previous delegate of 10ki wasn't as obnoxious.

Although we appreciate the clarification on your nation's stance on this issue that is very dear to us, we still would like to kindly ask you not to peruse such a controversial and petty topic like vote stalking. Yes, it can be frowned upon by individuals but to call it out in the open as such only looks like a desperate attempt from the losing side to scream "it's not fair!" Even if you are not apart of the losing side, it still can be perceived that way and only puts a dark mark on our characters.

In addition, as Mousbumples have pointed out, it appears that a delegate of a large region cannot 'win' no matter if they vote early or late as there are drawbacks to both strategies. On a personal note, however, the Federation does miss the previous delegate of the islands as, despite our different views, we had the utmost respect for them.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:09 am

Mousebumples wrote:
Just Guy wrote:Of course, I am perfectly aware of the effect that voting early has. You should realise, however, that I don't have to vote late just for your convenience. Are you seriously suggesting I wait before casting a vote?

And, if I recall, there was a big complaint a few weeks/month-ish ago regarding your voting very late in the process (or perhaps it was a different big delegate?) that swayed the final vote tally from FOR to AGAINST ... or vice versa. (I'm can't say I remember the details all that clearly.) And, hell, it could have been in the GA too, versus the SC.

So far as my minuscule (by comparison) Delegate vote goes, I'll likely be voting in favor, but I have not voted as of yet.

I recall such a situation, although I do not recall the exact delegate or resolution. The lemming effect is frustrating either way, and while it is still bizarre that Just Guy has so much more control than any other delegate originally I was lamenting the lemming effect caused by the title, not just the vote.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:52 pm

A mean old man wrote:2. Take screenshots of what two condemnation badges look like on a single region.

You mean.. like this..?

Classic! :P
Last edited by Unibot on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:08 pm

I made a souvenir for those sentimental types which Uni beat me to posting because I was writing a long post that I don't think I'm going to post yet.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3315/doublecondemnedne.png
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm sorry if it was my one you quoted earlier.

Though it may still be the most nuanced you might get from the TWP.. referring to my alter-ego. :P
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:41 pm

A mean old man wrote:I made a souvenir for those sentimental types which Uni beat me to posting because I was writing a long post that I don't think I'm going to post yet.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3315/doublecondemnedne.png

My souvenir has my name in it, though, thus making it infinitely better.

Ykpaihaa
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ykpaihaa » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:30 pm

There is nothing wrong with condemning this country for it's views - not because they are different, but because they spread a message of hatred.

A fine line exists between free speech and hate speech - and when it crosses into hate speech, this nation feels that by law it should be stopped.
Leadership does not mean domination. The world is always well supplied with people who wish to rule and dominate others. The true leader is of a different sort: he seeks effective activity, which has a truly beneficent purpose. He inspires others to follow in his wake, and holding aloft the torch of wisdom, leads the way for society to realize its genuinely great aspirations.

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Ykpaihaa wrote:There is nothing wrong with condemning this country for it's views - not because they are different, but because they spread a message of hatred.

A fine line exists between free speech and hate speech - and when it crosses into hate speech, this nation feels that by law it should be stopped.
Except it isn't a country, and it hasn't spread 'hate speech'.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives