NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Greece

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:41 am

Ardchoille wrote:... native, Nikolaos The Great, who intended --> which intended

... therefore unlikely that he is allied --> it or this nation or Yauna

I caught myself on that kind of thing over and over and over when I was writing my Krulltopia commendation. I was always finding myself referring to the nation as "he" and had to go back and fix it many times. As far as referring to the nation goes, "he" or "his" is out of the question. Although, if I referred to the "rabbit overlord" as "he," it'd work.

Just rambling.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Glad to see this in the queue! I'll let Corporate's delegate know about it.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Liberate Greece” has now been submitted. If you know a delegate, ask them to endorse it please!

I'm using a really old, dirt old list of delegates, so I could take quite a bit longer to get into the queue.. watch out, AMOM!

Argonia and Gergoniva
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Argonia and Gergoniva » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:03 am

Although by the time we found out that this proposal had reached the floor a quorum had already been achieved, we nonetheless give our approval of the aforementioned.

- Dr. Rupert Thorpe, Argonivan Ambassador to the WA
Political Compass: E: -7.25, S: -7.44

Nation Info
Demonym: Argonivan
President: Ian Latham
Prime Minister: Bernard Howell MP
Home Secretary: Theodore Lomax MP
Foreign Minister: Cassandra Haisman MP
Education Minister: Philip Smith MP
Justice Minister: Malcolm Coburn MP
Defence Minister: Senator Robert Falcon
Health Minister: Andrea Clarke MP
Transportation Minister: Natasha Kyle MP
Secretary of Public Utilities & Infrastructure: David Blake MP
Finance Minister: William Baldwin MP
Federal Treasurer: Sen John Sinden
Commerce Minister: Andrea Taylor MP
Minister Without Portfolio: Lauren Furst MP
Minister w/o Port.: Sen Samuel Bryan
Minister w/o Port.: Sen Gerald Bailer

Ambassador to the WA: Rupert Thorpe
Gen Ambassador to World At-Large: Victor Cochrane

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:10 am

Ms. Harper has given her iApproval and is destined to vote in favour. As soon as it passes, let her know so her staff can inscribe it in the SC library. Thanks!

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:25 am

Unibot wrote:I'm using a really old, dirt old list of delegates, so I could take quite a bit longer to get into the queue.. watch out, AMOM!

Nope, looks like we're both in it. In less than a day.

BUT MINE IS BEATING YOURS IN NUMBER OF APPROVALS! WHAT NOW, UNIBOT!?

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 am

A mean old man wrote:
Unibot wrote:BUT MINE IS BEATING YOURS IN NUMBER OF APPROVALS! WHAT NOW, UNIBOT!?

My approval-delegates are smarter, they know that 53, and a little cushion, is all I need. :p

But to be honest, I was surprised at how many people were completely against the concept of liberations. I must have gotten twenty telegrams saying that they were 'cheating'. I wish I still had my liberation list from a while back, it would be out of date now, but it use to have a list of surefire liberation supporters.

I'm actually impressed at how close my estimate was at how long it would take me to reach quorum, I used a logarithmic script and a recorded rate from the first ten minutes. I was accurate within fifteen minutes. :)
Last edited by Unibot on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:45 am

Unibot wrote:...I'm actually impressed at how close my estimate was at how long it would take me to reach quorum, I used a logarithmic script and a recorded rate from the first ten minutes. I was accurate within fifteen minutes. :)

That's great honoured ambassador. As the resolution is at vote Ms. Harper, as promised, has directed Charlotte Ryberg to vote FOR.

Yours etc,
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Unibot wrote:...I'm actually impressed at how close my estimate was at how long it would take me to reach quorum, I used a logarithmic script and a recorded rate from the first ten minutes. I was accurate within fifteen minutes. :)

That's great honoured ambassador. As the resolution is at vote Ms. Harper, as promised, has directed Charlotte Ryberg to vote FOR.

Yours etc,

I appreciate it!

Argonia and Gergoniva
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Argonia and Gergoniva » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 am

Argonia and Gergoniva has just cast its vote FOR this proposal.

- Dr. Rupert Thorpe, Argonivan Ambassador to the WA
Political Compass: E: -7.25, S: -7.44

Nation Info
Demonym: Argonivan
President: Ian Latham
Prime Minister: Bernard Howell MP
Home Secretary: Theodore Lomax MP
Foreign Minister: Cassandra Haisman MP
Education Minister: Philip Smith MP
Justice Minister: Malcolm Coburn MP
Defence Minister: Senator Robert Falcon
Health Minister: Andrea Clarke MP
Transportation Minister: Natasha Kyle MP
Secretary of Public Utilities & Infrastructure: David Blake MP
Finance Minister: William Baldwin MP
Federal Treasurer: Sen John Sinden
Commerce Minister: Andrea Taylor MP
Minister Without Portfolio: Lauren Furst MP
Minister w/o Port.: Sen Samuel Bryan
Minister w/o Port.: Sen Gerald Bailer

Ambassador to the WA: Rupert Thorpe
Gen Ambassador to World At-Large: Victor Cochrane

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:24 am

Voted FOR.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take?

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:52 am

Due to the recent telegram spamming I've gotten because apparently I owe the person who wrote this Liberation. (Don't know where they got that idea, seeing as I have no idea who he is.) I will be voting AGAINST.

Terrmish
Spokesperson

Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terrmish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 pm

The sides of the arguement are what I thought. The rather evil regions (with some exeptions) voting against and the good voting for. This is very common and I think greece will be free very soon.
Last edited by Terrmish on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwelling on the past is unhealthy, learning from it is absolutely necessary

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:Due to the recent telegram spamming I've gotten because apparently I owe the person who wrote this Liberation. (Don't know where they got that idea, seeing as I have no idea who he is.) I will be voting AGAINST.

Hhhm, what? Who are you?

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Unibot wrote:
Laos Refugees wrote:Due to the recent telegram spamming I've gotten because apparently I owe the person who wrote this Liberation. (Don't know where they got that idea, seeing as I have no idea who he is.) I will be voting AGAINST.

Hhhm, what? Who are you?

Don't play stupid, I have your message.
http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/445/0500275090.png

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Terrmish wrote:The sides of the arguement are what I thought. The rather evil regions (with some exeptions) voting against and the good voting for. This is very common and I think greece will be free very soon.

good and evil are relative

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:
Unibot wrote:

Hhhm, what? Who are you?

Ah huh, good for you, so does hundred and thirty other delegates? And they don't owe me anything (hell I owe them), so what makes you so different?

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Unibot wrote:
Laos Refugees wrote:
Unibot wrote:

Hhhm, what? Who are you?

Ah huh, good for you, so does hundred and thirty other delegates? And they don't owe me anything (hell I owe them), so what makes you so different?
Simply because, of this message http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/445/2584933214.png . I don't know what kind of scheme you're running that makes you and your friends believe that I need to vote for any of your proposals, and that I 'Owe you' for your hard labor in simply voting for a repeal, but I don't care for it. I may have voted FOR, but getting 4-5 telegrams telling me to vote FOR a proposal out of no where, doesn't roll good with me.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:
Unibot wrote:
Laos Refugees wrote:
Unibot wrote:

Hhhm, what? Who are you?

Simply because, of this message http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/445/2584933214.png . I don't know what kind of scheme you're running that makes you and your friends believe that I need to vote for any of your proposals, and that I 'Owe you' for your hard labor in simply voting for a repeal, but I don't care for it. I may have voted FOR, but getting 4-5 telegrams telling me to vote FOR a proposal out of no where, doesn't roll good with me.

'Gregg Lemond' sent you a telegram about Condemn Grub at the same time as I sent you a telegram about an unrelated resolution, alas, can I say..big whoop?

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Unibot wrote:
Laos Refugees wrote:
Unibot wrote:
Laos Refugees wrote:
Unibot wrote:

Hhhm, what? Who are you?

'Gregg Lemond' sent you a telegram about Condemn Grub at the same time as I sent you a telegram about an unrelated resolution, alas, can I say..big whoop?
That's it? You think there's no reason for someone to be suspicious of several ads for a proposal in 24 hours time? When said person, never, I repeat, NEVER, gets any advertisements? Believe me, I never get asked to vote for something. If someone added me to a list of delegates to advertise to, I would like to know, since I never gave anyone any permission to add me to such a list.

Ananke II
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ananke II » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:46 pm

I often get several telegrams about various WA resolutions just after eachother. If you look at the proposal lists there'll often be lulls, like we just had, with no good proposals at all and then everyone will submit at once, which naturally means that WA delegates end up getting contacted by more than one WA campaigner in the span of one or two days. There's nothing suspicious in that. Besides Nazi Europe were recently in the spotlight, so I assume that's why people might've started telegramming you.
Last edited by Ananke II on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:That's it? You think there's no reason for someone to be suspicious of several ads for a proposal in 24 hours time? When said person, never, I repeat, NEVER, gets any advertisements? Believe me, I never get asked to vote for something. If someone added me to a list of delegates to advertise to, I would like to know, since I never gave anyone any permission to add me to such a list.

The list I used was the list of those who voted on the Orphans Act that was passed a while back (I had nothing more recent).

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:Simply because, of this message http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/445/2584933214.png . I don't know what kind of scheme you're running that makes you and your friends believe that I need to vote for any of your proposals, and that I 'Owe you' for your hard labor in simply voting for a repeal, but I don't care for it. I may have voted FOR, but getting 4-5 telegrams telling me to vote FOR a proposal out of no where, doesn't roll good with me.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this before. I mean, I've been sworn at and called names by delegates who don't want to receive my proposal lobbying telegrams, but I've never seen anyone jump up in the official, public forums and accuse all the proposal writers at the time of being "freinds" and being involved in some "scheme" to take them, individually, on a guilt trip and make them approve proposals. Way to make a huge deal out of absolutely nothing, Laos.

Do us and yourself a favor, and listen to what American Capitalist told you in his telegram...

American Capitalist wrote:If you don't want to get telegrams about WA resolutions put it in your World Factbook Entry.

...rather than flipping out at those of us writers who are trying to lobby our WA proposals, which is what we HAVE to do, so that they reach quorum and are voted on by the WA. I'm not apologetic at all when some random delegate lashes out at me for "spamming" them with a message about a WA proposal when they have nothing written in their region's WFE which tells me to do otherwise. I tell them to put a notice in their damn WFE if they don't want to hear from me. It'd be even better if they just blocked telegrams from me, like multiple delegates have done, so that I can't accidentally try lobby them in the future.

I refrained from sending you, Laos, a telegram about "Commend 10000 Islands," simply because you were the delegate of NAZI EUROPE. NE is a region with an invader bias and asking its delegate to approve a commendation of the most powerful defender army in the world would be a waste of time. However, had you been the delegate of a different region, you would have received a telegram about the proposal, probably around the same time that you would have received a telegram from Unibot and the other guy. That's not because I would be targeting you individually and because I was involved in some plot to steal your free will from you, but because I would be trying to get my damn proposal to quorum, and that calls for telegramming delegates and asking them to approve it.

If you don't want our proposal lobbying telegrams, make it clear in your region's WFE. And then, if we proposal writers slip up, just block our telegrams without cussing at us in private telegrams or attacking us in public.

Terrmish
Spokesperson

Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terrmish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Terrmish wrote:The sides of the arguement are what I thought. The rather evil regions (with some exeptions) voting against and the good voting for. This is very common and I think greece will be free very soon.

good and evil are relative

Good point.
Dwelling on the past is unhealthy, learning from it is absolutely necessary

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:56 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Laos Refugees wrote:-

-
[quote="American Capitalist"]quote]I have no problem with advertising, as I advertised the repeal for our region (of course I stopped when people were getting tired of it, and told my region to do the same). However, it's been a week or two since he repeal failed, if people were telegraphing me to vote for their proposals because of the spotlight, then they would've done it by now, not suddenly I've gotten four messages in a two hour span to vote for something? It sounded very suspicious to me, I got paranoid, then, when I received a message telling me that these people sending me messages to vote for something worked their asses of hard to get something passed, I called bullshit, none of them were involved in the draft created by T.F.L during the actual repeal, not the offspring repeals that had no real backbone. I apologize for my little outbreak, personal problems shouldn't get involved in the S.C forum.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives