NATION

PASSWORD

Condemn Der Fuhrer Dyszel [Defeated]

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Callisdrun wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Unibot wrote:Funny, because the 3WB strongly believes that Rule IV is wrecking the SC for everyone but a selection group of individuals who generally have more influence on the Official forums.

Isn't that kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy? The Security Council is dead because of the actions of the 3WB, which is a group formed because it fears a rule would kill the Security Council...

Indeed, they fear a new rule would kill the SC... so they make sure to kill it dead first.

The fear the SC will be killed by rule 4 so they kill the SC themselves by blocking all activity?
I heard this mentioned somewhere else but its seems particularly apt if this is the case.
This is a brilliant political move.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Novus Niciae wrote:
Callisdrun wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Unibot wrote:Funny, because the 3WB strongly believes that Rule IV is wrecking the SC for everyone but a selection group of individuals who generally have more influence on the Official forums.

Isn't that kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy? The Security Council is dead because of the actions of the 3WB, which is a group formed because it fears a rule would kill the Security Council...

Indeed, they fear a new rule would kill the SC... so they make sure to kill it dead first.

The fear the SC will be killed by rule 4 so they kill the SC themselves by blocking all activity?
I heard this mentioned somewhere else but its seems particularly apt if this is the case.
This is a brilliant political move.

Their theory being the admins who put the feature into the game with the intention for it to be used will change it if it isn't being used.
AKA Weed

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:57 pm

You should probably check your sources on that theory, boys and girls.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Darkesia wrote:You should probably check your sources on that theory, boys and girls.

Oh... Then I guess I never understood the game plan then? That was definitely my goal when I was in 3WB for a short time.
AKA Weed

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:I thought you quit the 3WB?

Eh? Honestly, I don't know why I resigned now.. I don't feel like the 3WB could ever possibly kill the Security Council, and its a good way for a peaceful protest.. because I do strongly believe that if the World Assembly passes a Rule IV compliant resolution that the mods will jump on it and say that the WA has accepted the rule, now piss off. So.. I don't know, Kenny, I'm sort of in limbo for a few more days, awaiting some answers.. essentially just helping to keep the opposition alive for either a big celebration or a big miserable defeat at the end of all this. I was never against the 3WB, but I did question to what extend is 3WB ethical or not.
Last edited by Unibot on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quoziced
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 20, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Quoziced » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Rule IV is wrong for one Very, very, Very good reason.

My Region, and I in particular, are not interested in RP, but we do want to be able to recognise the activities of other people either pro or con.

Before IV I could Commend or Condemn anyway I wanted, and if what I proposed was so totally out of order then it would not even reach quorum. This means a non-RP Region could propose a Commendation to a member they felt was worthy of recognition, or Condemn an enemy/invader/whatever that deserved a kicking.

Now I can no longer express my feelings in the way that I want, so my Region is no longer able to show it's feelings of gratitude or hatred. No longer able to express itself.

And no I won't do it IC because we don't do IC full stop. We like 'Fred' not the person behind the nation 'X'.

The Most Glorious Hack
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 11, 2003
Anarchy

Postby The Most Glorious Hack » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:31 am

You guys are like drunken brawlers in a movie, crashing from one building to the next. Keep the blasted Rule 4 whining to the blasted Rule 4 thread.
Now the stars they are all angled wrong,
And the sun and the moon refuse to burn.
But I remember a message,
In a demon's hand:
"Dread the passage of Jesus, for he does not return."

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum"

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives