NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:25 am

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:
Repeal "Prevention of Torture"
Resolution: GA#9
Proposed by: Saiint George

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #9: Prevention of Torture (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: REALIZING many issues involving resolution #009

First anf Foremost is the issue of sovereignty...
Believing that torture is a valid and legal measure that can be taken by a de jure goverment

Second is the issue of defense...
Believing that torture is an effective way of detering criminals, terrosists, and foriegn incursions (including but not limited to

And believing torture is, in some cases, necessary to the defense of and in the best interest of innocent civilians

Lastly is what this resolution considers torture...
Believing that certain circumstances, which this resolution lists as torture, do not constitute torture, including...
1. denial of religous observance
2. sensory deprivation
3. subjection to intrusive noise, etc.
...but are instead forms of discomfort and in many cases are normal rights deprived to a criminal

This resolution HEARBY repeals resolution #009 "Prevention of Torture" in the inerests of sovereignty, defense, and justice

Approvals: 1 (Burnesrael)

Torture, eh? I'm a bit surprised that someone actually approved this pro-torture dreck.

I'm not, I know that there are a few nations out there who approve everything.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 am

An End to Abortion
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Les Gagneurs

Description: Abortion is an evil part of modern day society and NEEDS to be stopped. Innocent little babies are being killed without even being given a chance to live in this world. Help put an end to this violent act.

You have got to be kidding. :palm:
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Blahem
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blahem » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
An End to Abortion

Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Les Gagneurs

Description: Abortion is an evil part of modern day society and NEEDS to be stopped. Innocent little babies are being killed without even being given a chance to live in this world. Help put an end to this violent act.

You have got to be kidding. :palm:

I said the same thing when I read that. :lol2:
Matt is a left moderate social authoritarian. He is also a slight non-interventionist and culturally liberal. Matt's scores (from 0 to 10):
Economic issues: +7.22 left
Social issues: +1.51 authoritarian
Foreign policy: +2.45 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +6.02 liberal

Rhodmhire wrote:Well I'm sure that sooner or later you good denizens of Ohio will be able to convince Mr. Boehner (heh) to put a good word in so that you can start erecting (heh) some of those bars in Ohio, and maybe someday soon your State will think long (heh) and hard (heh) about legalizing same-sex and/or gator marriage all together.

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:58 am

Blahem wrote:
Torture, eh? I'm a bit surprised that someone actually approved this pro-torture dreck.

I know right. :P I hope it doesn't reach quorum.

I personally don't see the big deal about torture. As much as I hate GA#9, I'm not going to approve something that poorly written.
Sincerely,
Fredrik the VIII, ambassador of Doomiedoomiedoom.

Blahem
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blahem » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Title: Barriers No More

Description: as we all know we all can see the economies plummiting right now. if we oprn free trade and commerce everyones economies shall get better and everyone will prosper. Thank you for reading this and hope you vote to pass this and it will benefit.

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days 6 hours

Oh Gosh... :palm:

Edit: It was taken down.
Last edited by Blahem on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt is a left moderate social authoritarian. He is also a slight non-interventionist and culturally liberal. Matt's scores (from 0 to 10):
Economic issues: +7.22 left
Social issues: +1.51 authoritarian
Foreign policy: +2.45 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +6.02 liberal

Rhodmhire wrote:Well I'm sure that sooner or later you good denizens of Ohio will be able to convince Mr. Boehner (heh) to put a good word in so that you can start erecting (heh) some of those bars in Ohio, and maybe someday soon your State will think long (heh) and hard (heh) about legalizing same-sex and/or gator marriage all together.

West Guiana
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby West Guiana » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Clean Up
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: All Businesses

Proposed by: Kyanata

Description: i would like to say that the environments in some countries i would like if the general assembly would enforce nations to put on strict laws to save the environment form further harm. i thank you for your time and thank you.
Wiki--Factbook
NSCF III Quarter Finalist, WLC XII Quarter Finalist

GO PACK GO

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:03 pm

West Guiana wrote:
Clean Up
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Description: i would like to say that the environments in some countries i would like if the general assembly would enforce nations to put on strict laws to save the environment form further harm. i thank you for your time and thank you.

Does it cover nations that had and environment, but lost it?
Last edited by Doomiedoomiedoom on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,

Socklund
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Socklund » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Have these people ever so much as glanced at the resolutions that have come to vote?
"I have almost 3000 posts and not one has been sigged." - The Truth and Light

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:21 pm

Socklund wrote:Have these people ever so much as glanced at the resolutions that have come to vote?

Nope. They're probably continuing the long tradition of not reading passed resolutions, then violating them.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:28 pm

West Guiana wrote:
Clean Up

I'd describe that one as "Terminally vague."

Transportation Security Act

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: Adenine and Thymine

Description: REALIZING that terrorists exist in this world.
TO ENSURE the security and safety of all people,
THE WA must require that all public transportation* have security personnel.
CREATING The INTERNATIONAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (ISA).
THE ISA will screen all baggage using x-ray technology, and all peoples using full-body scanners.
ALLOWING the ISA to detain a person who carries dangerous materials** through a security checkpoint.

*Public transportations that would require the ISA security: Train Stations, Airports, Ports, Shipping Facilities.

**Dangerous materials: explosives, guns, knives, bomb making materials.
Seriously, you want to put the WA in charge of alltransportation security? :palm:

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:03 am

Ban the April Fool!

Proposed by: Starivia

Description: Many new nations have freaked out when they see they've been "hacked". I prepose we ban the April Fool so as not not to scare the newbies

Seriously? :palm:

Not Ta'veren

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:26 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Ban the April Fool!

Description: Many new nations have freaked out when they see they've been "hacked". I prepose we ban the April Fool so as not not to scare the newbies

If anything should be banned, it should be not having a sense of humour. :lol:
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Knootoss
Senator

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:57 am

I have been actively poking my NS contacts on IM with worried notes about whether they've been hacked, since they have posted strange things on the RMB. >.> I guess I have a more malevolent sense of humour.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:08 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Seriously? :palm:

If anything should be banned, it should be not having a sense of humour. :lol:

Yeah. Definately. I cannot believe how much whining has been going on about the april fool prank this year. sheesh.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 am

New green world millenium

Proposed by: VANTELIRA

Description: The idea of this proposal is every country to make the ecological and environmentanal stability much stronger on your own territory and on the world map!
The concept include some commitments which every country must verify as your own nature laws in the name of the future of the country,world and the younger generations.

1st suggestion-More planting trees on the central problem pollution zones!

2nd suggestion-More green zones in the capital and bigger cities like parks,gardens and playgrounds for the kids!

3rd suggestion -Verification of green politic program between the neighbour countries (Sign Green contract)

4th suggestion-Verification of education environmentanal program to the schools !The idea is to learn the students how to keep much clear the natural area!

5th suggestion-Building of many different sport facilities like a stadiums with name GREEN ARENA for organizing of GREEN OLYMPIC MOVEMENT and sport event,competitions, charity concerts every year in different countries, which will be united many nations!The official motto will be "GREEN PEACE"!

This proposal is created in the name of peace,health and ecological prosperity for the any country/nation in the world!

One word. Bollocks. We are so very much over this touchy-feely feelgood envirocrap.

Not Ta'veren

West Guiana
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby West Guiana » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Ban the April Fool!

Here's its counterpart, longer and well....
Big Brother Hacking Ban
A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability

Proposed by: Mayagil

Description: (I) The purpose of this proposal is to stabilize political stability in light of the recent "hacking" incident.

This is not a proposal suggesting a game change. This is a proposal related to political stability in that this proposal seeks to increase regional and world stability to prevent a war that may be caused if an innocent region or nation were blamed for the recent "hacking" attack.

"Hacking" causes serious concerns, and may bring NationStates to a state of brinkmanship politics. It is for these reasons the following proposal is made to ban "hacking" in the interest of law and order.

(II) This proposal seeks to ban interference with member nations' International Security which is caused by "hacking."

In response to the "April Fool's day" joke seemingly implemented by the Big Brother of NationStates the resolution herein moves to ban all, included but not limited to, jokes, pranks, impressions, related to hacking for the foregoing reasons:

(1)"Hacking" disrupts regional unity: Spam messages are posted on all regional boards. It is difficult to determine if the post is legitimate, or if it is a result of a hacking prank.

(2) "Hacking" disrupts NationStates as an entity: The hacking prank disrupts both the enjoyment and productivity of NationStates.

(3) "Hacking" creates unneeded security concern: Real hacking is a major concern for every nation. If a nation has been hacked, passwords can be changed, information such as email address can be retrieved. Real hacking incidents are a security concern for both personal information and NationStates information. "Hacking" creates unneeded concerns, and results in a rush to change passwords and attempts to stop any and all control a "hacker" may have.

(III) Therefore, due to the aforementioned concerns "hacking" must be banned.

This is not a proposal related to how this game works. It is a proposal designed to create more regional and NationStates stability in light of the recent interference with our nations.

This is not designed to only limit the actions of the NationState's Big Brother. ANY NationStates member is herein prohibited from engaging in similar conduct as a prank, joke, illusion of hacking.

DEFINITIONAL SECTION:

Terms defined as used herein:

Hacking: The unlawful and or undesired acquiring of a fellow NationStates' member password.

"Hacking": Including, but not limited to, a false script, program, code that creates the included but not limited to, illusion or impression that a nation has been hacked.

Jokes, Pranks, Impressions: Any false information that is, included but not limited to, a regional message board post, a line of text on a individual nation's main page, a private message, that conveys a sense, concern, or statement, which implies, leaves the impression that a nation has been hacked.

Big Brother of NationStates: The Brilliant creator of the NationStates Universe, who in his genius perhaps went a bit too far on April Fool's Day.

Submitted this day on April 1, 2011: A day that shall be remembered as one which caused a great deal of panic in our universe, when action was required to prevent war, and when luckily calmer heads prevailed. May this never happen again.

Approvals: 4 (Cooliestan, Bassmk2, Uldanor, Sepuria)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 20 hours
Wiki--Factbook
NSCF III Quarter Finalist, WLC XII Quarter Finalist

GO PACK GO

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:31 pm

West Guiana wrote:Here's its counterpart, longer and well....
Big Brother Hacking Ban
A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability

Proposed by: Mayagil

Description: (I) The purpose of this proposal is to stabilize political stability in light of the recent "hacking" incident.

This is not a proposal suggesting a game change. This is a proposal related to political stability in that this proposal seeks to increase regional and world stability to prevent a war that may be caused if an innocent region or nation were blamed for the recent "hacking" attack.

"Hacking" causes serious concerns, and may bring NationStates to a state of brinkmanship politics. It is for these reasons the following proposal is made to ban "hacking" in the interest of law and order.

(II) This proposal seeks to ban interference with member nations' International Security which is caused by "hacking."

In response to the "April Fool's day" joke seemingly implemented by the Big Brother of NationStates the resolution herein moves to ban all, included but not limited to, jokes, pranks, impressions, related to hacking for the foregoing reasons:

(1)"Hacking" disrupts regional unity: Spam messages are posted on all regional boards. It is difficult to determine if the post is legitimate, or if it is a result of a hacking prank.

(2) "Hacking" disrupts NationStates as an entity: The hacking prank disrupts both the enjoyment and productivity of NationStates.

(3) "Hacking" creates unneeded security concern: Real hacking is a major concern for every nation. If a nation has been hacked, passwords can be changed, information such as email address can be retrieved. Real hacking incidents are a security concern for both personal information and NationStates information. "Hacking" creates unneeded concerns, and results in a rush to change passwords and attempts to stop any and all control a "hacker" may have.

(III) Therefore, due to the aforementioned concerns "hacking" must be banned.

This is not a proposal related to how this game works. It is a proposal designed to create more regional and NationStates stability in light of the recent interference with our nations.

This is not designed to only limit the actions of the NationState's Big Brother. ANY NationStates member is herein prohibited from engaging in similar conduct as a prank, joke, illusion of hacking.

DEFINITIONAL SECTION:

Terms defined as used herein:

Hacking: The unlawful and or undesired acquiring of a fellow NationStates' member password.

"Hacking": Including, but not limited to, a false script, program, code that creates the included but not limited to, illusion or impression that a nation has been hacked.

Jokes, Pranks, Impressions: Any false information that is, included but not limited to, a regional message board post, a line of text on a individual nation's main page, a private message, that conveys a sense, concern, or statement, which implies, leaves the impression that a nation has been hacked.

Big Brother of NationStates: The Brilliant creator of the NationStates Universe, who in his genius perhaps went a bit too far on April Fool's Day.

Submitted this day on April 1, 2011: A day that shall be remembered as one which caused a great deal of panic in our universe, when action was required to prevent war, and when luckily calmer heads prevailed. May this never happen again.

Approvals: 4 (Cooliestan, Bassmk2, Uldanor, Sepuria)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 20 hours

That one has its own thread.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Repeal "Permit Male Circumcision"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#141
Proposed by: Luthiland

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #141: Permit Male Circumcision (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Male circumcision is a desecration of the body. The procedure is often made at an age where the child being circumcised cannot give consent. This is an unnecessary procedure which needlessly increases healthcare costs in the effected nations.

For fraks sake. Again? :palm:

and which is followed immediately by this gem....
Circumcision Rights Act

Strength: Mild

Description: WHEREAS most circumcisions are preformed when the person being circumcised is at an age where he may not give consent to such a procedure.

ALSO NOTING that circumcision is considered by many to be a cruel practice and unnecessary.

AND ALSO NOTING that while circumcision is, in a majority of cases, not medically necessary and causes a burden on healthcare system.

Peoples of all nations should be concerned and appalled that this elective cosmetic surgery is carried out without the consent of the person being deformed by this needless act.

BE IT ENACTED THAT a circumcision may only take place upon written consent of the party to be operated on and only at a time when he has reached an age where he may legally consent to such a procedure.

and just to make it the perfect triad, the same author of the above pair gives us this...
Repeal "Guns and Mental Capacity"

Resolution: GA#134

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #134: Guns and Mental Capacity (Category: Gun Control; Decision: Tighten) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: WHEREAS the definition of mental competency may very from one nation to another,

AND WHEREAS some nations see the ownership and possession of weapons to be a clear and absolute right of their citizens,

AND WHEREAS nations are allowed to apply their own restrictions on the ownership, possession and use of dangerous and lethal weapons,

The Guns and Mental Capacity act shall hereby be REPEALED with the absolute power to restrict sale, possession, use and testing of firearms and other dangerous and lethal weapons returned to the independent nations of this body to be decided upon as they see fit.

:palm:

Not Ta'veren

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Ban the April Fool!

The question is: is the author the "newbies" or the April Fool? ;)
Last edited by Unibot II on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide

Proposed by: Golden Mushrooms

Description: The nations of the World Assembled:

DEFINES 'Dihydrogen Monoxide' as the chemical hydrolic acid, a colorless, odorless, tasteless, and deadly substance;

RECOGNIZES the dangers and side effects of using 'dihydrogen monoxide', including (but not limited to):
1. Inhalation of dihydrogen monoxide can cause immediate death;
2. Overdose of dihydrogen monoxide can cause poisoning and loss of life;
3. Failure of automobile braking systems when in contact with dihydrogen monoxide;
4. Failure of electrical circuits and machinery when in contact with dihydrogen monoxide;
5. Corrosion of metals, including iron, when exposed to dihydrogen monoxide;
6. Erosion of pristine, natural landscapes into barren wastelands;
7. Is a prominent greenhouse gas that may contribute to global temperature increases;
8. Homes and property may be destroyed or damaged when in contact with large amounts of dihydrogen monoxide;
9. Addiction to dihydrogen monoxide is immediate;
10. Withdrawl from dihydrogen monoxide is fatal;
11. Exposure to solid dihydrogen monoxide may cause tissue damage;

ACKNOWLEDGES the presence of 'dihydrogen monoxide' in a variety of substances, including (but not limited to):
1. A major component of acid rain;
2. Having contaminated most beaches around the world;
3. Present in trace amounts in soft drinks and alcoholic beverages;
4. Present in sewage drains, facilitating the growth of infectious and dangerous bacteria;
5. Present in excised tumors of cancer patients;
6. Present in trace amounts in coolants of nuclear reactors;

OUTLAWS the use of 'dihydrogen monoxide' in a variety of situations, including (but not limited to):
1. Laboratory experiments;
2. Manufacturing of beverages;
3. Generating energy in nuclear power plants;
4. Sanitation uses, including dishwasher fluids;
5. Fishing industries;
6. Athletes to increase performance;
7. Community swimming pools to maintain chemical balance;
8. Production of food, especially baby food and baby formula;
9. Production of various medicines;

RECOGNIZING the adverse consequences of using or possessing said chemical, the World Assembly hereby bans 'dihydrogen monoxide'.
Even on April Fools' Day, joke proposals are illegal.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Repeal "Right to Privacy"

Resolution: GA#58
Proposed by: Weegee and Rick Steves

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #58: Right to Privacy (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Noting the efforts resolution #58 does to increase a citizens rights and freedoms,

Understands that a person might have something to hide and are not comfortable about sharing it,

Aware that some nations might need to know about their citizens' whereabouts

Aware that some citizens might have secrets that would endanger other civilians' security and a nation's security

Aware that these secrets could aid enemy nations and terrorists in attacking a nation

Here by strikes Resolution #58 null and void.

They think things should be kept secret, so they want to repeal "Right to Privacy"? Huh? :palm: How does this make any sense whatsoever?

Not Ta'veren

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide

Proposed by: Golden Mushrooms

Description: The nations of the World Assembled:

DEFINES 'Dihydrogen Monoxide' as the chemical hydrolic acid, a colorless, odorless, tasteless, and deadly substance;

RECOGNIZES the dangers and side effects of using 'dihydrogen monoxide', including (but not limited to):
1. Inhalation of dihydrogen monoxide can cause immediate death;
2. Overdose of dihydrogen monoxide can cause poisoning and loss of life;
3. Failure of automobile braking systems when in contact with dihydrogen monoxide;
4. Failure of electrical circuits and machinery when in contact with dihydrogen monoxide;
5. Corrosion of metals, including iron, when exposed to dihydrogen monoxide;
6. Erosion of pristine, natural landscapes into barren wastelands;
7. Is a prominent greenhouse gas that may contribute to global temperature increases;
8. Homes and property may be destroyed or damaged when in contact with large amounts of dihydrogen monoxide;
9. Addiction to dihydrogen monoxide is immediate;
10. Withdrawl from dihydrogen monoxide is fatal;
11. Exposure to solid dihydrogen monoxide may cause tissue damage;

ACKNOWLEDGES the presence of 'dihydrogen monoxide' in a variety of substances, including (but not limited to):
1. A major component of acid rain;
2. Having contaminated most beaches around the world;
3. Present in trace amounts in soft drinks and alcoholic beverages;
4. Present in sewage drains, facilitating the growth of infectious and dangerous bacteria;
5. Present in excised tumors of cancer patients;
6. Present in trace amounts in coolants of nuclear reactors;

OUTLAWS the use of 'dihydrogen monoxide' in a variety of situations, including (but not limited to):
1. Laboratory experiments;
2. Manufacturing of beverages;
3. Generating energy in nuclear power plants;
4. Sanitation uses, including dishwasher fluids;
5. Fishing industries;
6. Athletes to increase performance;
7. Community swimming pools to maintain chemical balance;
8. Production of food, especially baby food and baby formula;
9. Production of various medicines;

RECOGNIZING the adverse consequences of using or possessing said chemical, the World Assembly hereby bans 'dihydrogen monoxide'.
Even on April Fools' Day, joke proposals are illegal.

But it's dangerous! It must be banned!

Also, plagerism maybe?
Sincerely,

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Doomiedoomiedoom wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:Even on April Fools' Day, joke proposals are illegal.

But it's dangerous! It must be banned!

Also, plagerism maybe?

Nope. That information's pretty easy to come by online.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Golden Mushrooms
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Golden Mushrooms » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I would like to contend that my work is NOT plagiarism of any kind; I actually wrote it in school today, with no idea whatsoever that our good friend Darenjo had already suggested such a topic on Tuesday until after I typed it up.
‎"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."
-Henry David Thoreau

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Rights of Animals
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Mild

Description: "Animal" for the purpose of this resolution shall apply to domesticated animals and not animals commonly used as a food source or animals commonly hunted by sportsmen.

WHEREAS said domesticated animals offer both services and loyal companionship to their owes, mistreatment of those animals should be considered cruel.

SO BE IT ENACTED that all domesticated animals be provided by their owners adequate medical attention, food, water, and a clean and comfortable living environment.

BE IT FURTHER ENACTED that mistreatment of said domesticated animals, including abuse, torture, training for sport-fighting, sport-fighting or denial of the necessities of life shall be prohibited.

VIOLATION of this resolution shall carry a punishment to be decided by the governments of the individual nations.

:blink:

Luthiland is on a roll. I wonder if they are going for the record of "stupid proposals submitted in a single 24 hour period"? This one makes 4 for them today now.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives