NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Repeal "Biological Weapons Conference"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#65
Proposed by: Ghanara

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #65: Biological Weapons Conference (Category: Global Disarmament; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: While the World Assembly applauds the intent of Resolution #65, "Biological Weapons Conference," it notes the following flaws:

1. Due to the fact that “Biological Weapons Conference” has such a broad definition of “biological weapon,” (That definition being, “1)Any form of an infectious or biological agent of any kind that is intended to cause death, permanent illness, or injury.
2)This includes but is not limited to biologically-derived toxins and poisons, living microorganisms [bacteria, protozoa, viruses, and fungi], and toxins [chemicals that are produced by microorganisms, plants, or animals].
3)Any synthetic agent that mimics agents listed in the above two sections.”) many non-massively destructive weapons have been illegalized. For example, non-lethal tranquilizer darts (which implement either toxins or synthetic agents that mimic the effects thereof) may no longer legally be used against humans. In many cases, non-lethal toxins can be a better solution than conventional (lethal) weapons.

2. The illegalization of such a broad range of weapons harms economy and industry, on both a local and international scale. The production of biological weapons would have provided jobs for hundreds of thousands of citizens across the world, as well as stimulation of the economy by putting more products on the market.

3. “Biological Weapons Conference” puts WA member nations at a military disadvantage when dealing with non-member nations. A WA member nation must be allowed to have the same military capabilities as its potential enemies.

4. “Biological Weapons Conference” is counterproductive to the end it seeks to achieve. While this legislation does prohibit the use of highly damaging biological weapons, there are much more devastating weapons currently in existence—weapons that are not banned. Therefore, it makes sense to assume that with the ban of less destructive weapons, more destructive weapons will be used instead.

For the previous reasons listed, the World Assembly hereby repeals “Biological Weapons Conference.”
Oh look, they still think that tranquilizer darts are intended to cause death, permanent illness or injury.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Repeal "Biological Weapons Conference"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#65
Proposed by: Ghanara

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #65: Biological Weapons Conference (Category: Global Disarmament; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: While the World Assembly applauds the intent of Resolution #65, "Biological Weapons Conference," it notes the following flaws:

1. Due to the fact that “Biological Weapons Conference” has such a broad definition of “biological weapon,” (That definition being, “1)Any form of an infectious or biological agent of any kind that is intended to cause death, permanent illness, or injury.
2)This includes but is not limited to biologically-derived toxins and poisons, living microorganisms [bacteria, protozoa, viruses, and fungi], and toxins [chemicals that are produced by microorganisms, plants, or animals].
3)Any synthetic agent that mimics agents listed in the above two sections.”) many non-massively destructive weapons have been illegalized. For example, non-lethal tranquilizer darts (which implement either toxins or synthetic agents that mimic the effects thereof) may no longer legally be used against humans. In many cases, non-lethal toxins can be a better solution than conventional (lethal) weapons.

2. The illegalization of such a broad range of weapons harms economy and industry, on both a local and international scale. The production of biological weapons would have provided jobs for hundreds of thousands of citizens across the world, as well as stimulation of the economy by putting more products on the market.

3. “Biological Weapons Conference” puts WA member nations at a military disadvantage when dealing with non-member nations. A WA member nation must be allowed to have the same military capabilities as its potential enemies.

4. “Biological Weapons Conference” is counterproductive to the end it seeks to achieve. While this legislation does prohibit the use of highly damaging biological weapons, there are much more devastating weapons currently in existence—weapons that are not banned. Therefore, it makes sense to assume that with the ban of less destructive weapons, more destructive weapons will be used instead.

For the previous reasons listed, the World Assembly hereby repeals “Biological Weapons Conference.”
Oh look, they still think that tranquilizer darts are intended to cause death, permanent illness or injury.

This person clearly has some problems...

Oh, and my nation's economy is doing fine without amnufacturing bio-weapons. I think every other nation with a non-military central economy could agree.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Water Security Act
A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Hassak

Description:
ACKNOWLEDGING that it is a well established fact that water, in high quantities, is necessary to protect human health and ensure human survival.

ACKNOWLEDGING that nations have a right to choose how their natural resources are managed.

BELIEVING that all human beings have the right to fair prices for resources necessary for their survival, if free and universal access is not possible.

BELIEVING that the concept of corporations privatizing water in companies outside the place of residence of their stockholders and using the sales of is resource to increase the personal prosperity of their stockholders by selling it back to the locals is flawed. It is not possible for a human being to not have access to water without death.

PROPOSING that the World Assembly enact legislature to prevent companies from privatizing water outside the country holding the greatest amount of their stockholders, and put diplomatic pressure on nations that allow private industry to deny their citizens access to water unfairly.

Just so much "Fail" in this one.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Flibbleites wrote:Oh look, they still think that tranquilizer darts are intended to cause death, permanent illness or injury.

Oh, and my nation's economy is doing fine without amnufacturing bio-weapons. I think every other nation with a non-military central economy could agree.

Ummmm... we have a military oriented nation and economy for the most part, and have no bio-weapons or research. Why do you believe that only non-military nations want a ban on bio-weapons? Because all us militarists want all the nice toys that go 'boom'? That is just a bit presumptuous of you.

Not Ta'veren

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:

Ummmm... we have a military oriented nation and economy for the most part, and have no bio-weapons or research. Why do you believe that only non-military nations want a ban on bio-weapons? Because all us militarists want all the nice toys that go 'boom'? That is just a bit presumptuous of you.

Very much so... :D
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Ummmm... we have a military oriented nation and economy for the most part, and have no bio-weapons or research. Why do you believe that only non-military nations want a ban on bio-weapons? Because all us militarists want all the nice toys that go 'boom'? That is just a bit presumptuous of you.

:eyebrow: yeah, just go on believeing like that.

Not Ta'veren

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:

:eyebrow: yeah, just go on believeing like that.

Okay!

*Pulls out "Ignorance for Dummies"*

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:12 am

Breathing Tax Act

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Sensimillastan

Description: Noting that the Multiverse currently inhabited is running out of breathable gases for all living species at an alarming rate.
Also noting that currently breathing is free for all inhabitants of the Multiverse.
Hereby imposes a tax on breathing
All inhabitants of member nations shall be fitted with a device to measure how much they breathe.
Any inhabitants not paying the yearly tax will have their right to breathe revoked.
Illegal, contradicts WA General Fund.

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 am

1. Hey, Grays Harbor, aren't you going to revise and revisit your Breathing Rights Act and bring it to vote? Someone apparently ninja'ed you ...

2. Isn't this also wrong category? (should be social justice? or just bloody stupid ...)
Last edited by Moronist Decisions on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 am

Moronist Decisions wrote:1. Hey, Grays Harbor, aren't you going to revise and revisit your Breathing Rights Act and bring it to vote? Someone apparently ninja'ed you ...

2. Isn't this also wrong category? (should be social justice? or just bloody stupid ...)

I am absolutely speachless that somebody took a blatent and obvious "joke" proposal and posted it. Perhaps I should report them for plagiarism.

EDIT: Thought the proposers name sounded familiar, and this and this are why. They have had at least three other bloody stupid proposals submitted and booted. I thought there was a limit to these?
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:52 am

The Banning of Slavery

Strength: Significant
Proposed by: JAKM

Description: The purpose of this proposal is to define slavery as an illegal act against human rights worldwide. To further provide a way in which countries that do practice slavery can denounce this evil act and be brought in compliance with the standards of human civilization.

I'm sorry, but it really makes me twitch when they can't even be bothered to see what has already been passed. I guess #23 is not enough for them, they think we need some patently bloody stupid duplication.

Not Ta'veren

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Moronist Decisions wrote:1. Hey, Grays Harbor, aren't you going to revise and revisit your Breathing Rights Act and bring it to vote? Someone apparently ninja'ed you ...

I am absolutely speachless that somebody took a blatent and obvious "joke" proposal and posted it. Perhaps I should report them for plagiarism.

I don't know, it already has working against it: a) Contradiction and 2) Bloody Stupid, does it really need an iii)? :p

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Outlaw Gambling Now
A resolution to legalize or outlaw gambling.

Category: Gambling
Legalize/Outlaw: Outlaw
Proposed by: Alabama Americans

Description: Why do we gamble,sure it may be fun but is it as fun as we think it look at the facts and you will see that it is not as fun as we think it is.
about fifty-seven and a half of children 14-18
are problem gamblers.people gamble and lose often
are 3x more likely to kill themselves.and 20 percent of divorces are because their husbands or wives are problem gamblers.
voting for this would protecting our children from gambling.keep couples happy and less angry with each other.and keep people from KILLING themselves.
Would you want your children gambling and losing ten-thousand dollars over cards? would you want more and more people getting divorced over cards? WOULD YOU WANT PEOPLE KILLING THEMSELVES OVER CARDS?
i dont want anymore of this to happen,also 45 percent of people commit crimes to get out of debt.i STRONGLY URGE you to vote for this.think about it do you want this continue?

Oh yippee, another blogposal. How about we outlaw those instead of gambling? :palm:

Bloody Stupid, poorly written and just, well, bloody stupid.

Not Ta'veren

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:56 pm

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: gbeckastania_1299720880

Freedom to Listen to Music

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: GBeckastania

Description: NOTING that nations should not have the power to censor music,

BELIEVING that music is an essential part of free speech,

THE WA HEREBY STATES:

A)No nation may censor music of any kind for any reason

B)No nation may force the music industry to label its music as explicit

C)No nation may mandate what their people can and cannot listen to

Approvals: 1 (Umbra Ac Silentium)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

:palm:
Sincerely,
Fredrik the VIII, ambassador of Doomiedoomiedoom.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Doomiedoomiedoom wrote:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: gbeckastania_1299720880

Freedom to Listen to Music

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: GBeckastania

Description: NOTING that nations should not have the power to censor music,

BELIEVING that music is an essential part of free speech,

THE WA HEREBY STATES:

A)No nation may censor music of any kind for any reason

B)No nation may force the music industry to label its music as explicit

C)No nation may mandate what their people can and cannot listen to

Approvals: 1 (Umbra Ac Silentium)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

:palm:

Too funny to resist approving. :bow:

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:09 am

Lumber Restirction Act
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental
Industry Affected: Woodchipping
Proposed by: Scuyuup

Description: Article I: Preamble
The World Assembly recognizes the environmental impacts of the Lumber and Woodchipping industry. Also, the World Assembly recognizes the fact that these industries are also vital for the fiscal well-being for many regions and nations. The World Assembly accepts the belief that restrictions to which time in that these industries operate can impact the environmental standing of the world.

The World Assembly hereby enacts a resolution to restrict the handling, manufacturing, and other arboreus activities during twilight hours. Furthermore, World Assembly will promote usage of lumber products during foreday hours.

Article II: Definition
1. Lumber: Trees (both living and dead) that are used for domestic and commercial use.
2. Handling, Manufacturing, etc: (a) The organized action of making of goods and services for sale;
(b) The act of making something (a product) from raw materials;
(c) Cut lumber, as in woods and forests;
(d) Engaging in the business of cutting or transporting logs for timber.
3. Twilight Hours: The hours from which the sun sets until the sun rises.
4. Foreday: The hours after sunrise until noon.

Article III: Clarification
1. Scientists throughout the years have studied the process of both photosynthesis and the carbon cycle. They have discovered trees convert more carbon dioxide into oxygen during the twilight hours due to the fact that trunks of trees can absorb more carbon dioxide during the night.
2. By restricting hours in which one can cut and manufacture lumber, the productivity of the carbon cycle within the trees will increase dramatically.
3. Scientists have proven that the handling of lumber during "daylight" hours increases productivity, stamina, and longevity of lumber products.

Article IV: Requirements of Nations
1. Restrict handling lumber during twilight hours;
(a)Twilight Hours will be determined by local time and seasonal time.
2. Promote and entice handling lumber during the foreday hours;
(a)Foreday Hours will be determined by local time and seasonal time.
(b)Promotion and enticement will be under the authority of the World Assembly Environmental Council (WAEC)

Article V: Conclusion
The World Assembly believes that every step toward a more environmentally stable world should be taken. This resolution ensures that we are taking the right steps and will have a brighter future.

First off, just what is Lumber Restirction?
Second, do we really require definitions of "twilight", "Foreday", "Handling" and "Lumber"?
Thirdly, is there an actual POINT to any of this bit of bloody stupidity??

Not Ta'veren

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:06 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Lumber Restirction Act
A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental
Industry Affected: Woodchipping
Proposed by: Scuyuup

Description: Article I: Preamble
The World Assembly recognizes the environmental impacts of the Lumber and Woodchipping industry. Also, the World Assembly recognizes the fact that these industries are also vital for the fiscal well-being for many regions and nations. The World Assembly accepts the belief that restrictions to which time in that these industries operate can impact the environmental standing of the world.

The World Assembly hereby enacts a resolution to restrict the handling, manufacturing, and other arboreus activities during twilight hours. Furthermore, World Assembly will promote usage of lumber products during foreday hours.

Article II: Definition
1. Lumber: Trees (both living and dead) that are used for domestic and commercial use.
2. Handling, Manufacturing, etc: (a) The organized action of making of goods and services for sale;
(b) The act of making something (a product) from raw materials;
(c) Cut lumber, as in woods and forests;
(d) Engaging in the business of cutting or transporting logs for timber.
3. Twilight Hours: The hours from which the sun sets until the sun rises.
4. Foreday: The hours after sunrise until noon.

Article III: Clarification
1. Scientists throughout the years have studied the process of both photosynthesis and the carbon cycle. They have discovered trees convert more carbon dioxide into oxygen during the twilight hours due to the fact that trunks of trees can absorb more carbon dioxide during the night.
2. By restricting hours in which one can cut and manufacture lumber, the productivity of the carbon cycle within the trees will increase dramatically.
3. Scientists have proven that the handling of lumber during "daylight" hours increases productivity, stamina, and longevity of lumber products.

Article IV: Requirements of Nations
1. Restrict handling lumber during twilight hours;
(a)Twilight Hours will be determined by local time and seasonal time.
2. Promote and entice handling lumber during the foreday hours;
(a)Foreday Hours will be determined by local time and seasonal time.
(b)Promotion and enticement will be under the authority of the World Assembly Environmental Council (WAEC)

Article V: Conclusion
The World Assembly believes that every step toward a more environmentally stable world should be taken. This resolution ensures that we are taking the right steps and will have a brighter future.

Second, do we really require definitions of "twilight", "Foreday", "Handling" and "Lumber"?

And its forgetting about nations with a more ....creative set of foliage. If we don't spend 24/7 cutting down trees in Doomiedoomiedoom, they'd over run our cities, and seep into other regions and start eating people.
Sincerely,

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:45 am

Doomiedoomiedoom wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:

And its forgetting about nations with a more ....creative set of foliage. If we don't spend 24/7 cutting down trees in Doomiedoomiedoom, they'd over run our cities, and seep into other regions and start eating people.

While I don't necessarily see it as illegal (not quite bloody stupid - although close) - the WAEC is now responsible for enticement of lumbering?

And ... what scientists? Doomiedoomiedoom, did your scientists see any of the peer reviews? Because our Division of Biological Sciences in the Moronist Science Foundation couldn't.

Robert Gatwick
Deputy Representative
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Jasarite
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jasarite » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:
Doomiedoomiedoom wrote: :palm:

Too funny to resist approving. :bow:

I regularly approve poor quality proposals. :D
We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?- Goblin Market-Christina Rosetti

Doomiedoomiedoom
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomiedoomiedoom » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Moronist Decisions wrote:
Doomiedoomiedoom wrote:And its forgetting about nations with a more ....creative set of foliage. If we don't spend 24/7 cutting down trees in Doomiedoomiedoom, they'd over run our cities, and seep into other regions and start eating people.

While I don't necessarily see it as illegal (not quite bloody stupid - although close) - the WAEC is now responsible for enticement of lumbering?

And ... what scientists? Doomiedoomiedoom, did your scientists see any of the peer reviews? Because our Division of Biological Sciences in the Moronist Science Foundation couldn't.

Robert Gatwick
Deputy Representative

Oi! Have you seen our great nation? It doesn't have what most people call an "atmosphere" (they're so overrated anyway), and surviving wildlife has evolved/mutated heavily to adapt. And the flesh-eating saplings are a beginning to be a problem, and WA law required they be contained.
Sincerely,

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Jasarite wrote:
Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:Too funny to resist approving. :bow:

I regularly approve poor quality proposals. :D

Good, now I know who to blame is any crap comes up for vote.

Cool Egg Sandwich
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cool Egg Sandwich » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Llei del cinema igualitari

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Artistic

Proposed by: Silio

Description: This law allows all movies are versioned in the language of influential area.
The economic costs are of Goberna

.... Okay?
Last edited by Cool Egg Sandwich on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mickey Darke,
Ambassador to the World Assembly from Cool Egg Sandwich

WA Delegate from The Dirty South
Phish phan and Student of History
Member of NatSov 2.0
Author
: GAR #139, GAR #152 (Repeal)

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:

Description: This law allows all movies are versioned in the language of influential area.

.... Okay?

This has two things going against it, branding and a very large "so what" factor.

Not Ta'veren

Cool Egg Sandwich
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cool Egg Sandwich » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:

.... Okay?

This has two things going against it, branding and a very large "so what" factor.

Well, I don't know about you but at least for myself it has produced a similar "wtf" reaction...
Mr. Mickey Darke,
Ambassador to the World Assembly from Cool Egg Sandwich

WA Delegate from The Dirty South
Phish phan and Student of History
Member of NatSov 2.0
Author
: GAR #139, GAR #152 (Repeal)

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:

.... Okay?

Don't be so sure about the Branding, there is no nation or region named Goberna.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives