NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 am

Firstaria wrote:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: jusitopia_1350226729

We the People?
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: Furtherment of Democracy

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Jusitopia

Description: Ok, what to you think of when you think democracy? You think of government BY THE PEOPLE! Well, some CEO's of large, for profit corperations think that corperations should have the same rights as ACTUAL LIVING BREATHING HUMAN BEINGS! Now, sure humans run those corperations, but the corperation SHOULD NOT be able to spend UNLIMITED DOLLARS influencing elections and government officials. It should be a democracy, not a demo-cash-y. Lets restore LIBERTY!!!

-Jusitopian Leaders

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days

No comment. It would require a larger post limit to fully do it.

Blogposal
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:29 am

ID: jusitopia_1350226729

We the People?

Proposed by: Jusitopia

Description: Ok, what to you think of when you think democracy? You think of government BY THE PEOPLE! Well, some CEO's of large, for profit corperations think that corperations should have the same rights as ACTUAL LIVING BREATHING HUMAN BEINGS! Now, sure humans run those corperations, but the corperation SHOULD NOT be able to spend UNLIMITED DOLLARS influencing elections and government officials. It should be a democracy, not a demo-cash-y. Lets restore LIBERTY!!!

-Jusitopian Leaders

This is one of the biggest failures yet. Bad grammar, too much capitization, just plain horrible. Please remove it before someone actually endorses it and makes them self look like a failure. That is all.
Last edited by United Federation of Canada on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Of course RL reference, but I think just general stupidity too...

NO LUNATICS GET GUNS!
A resolution to tighten or relax gun control laws.
Category: Gun Control
Decision: Tighten

Proposed by: Raful

Description: Everybody who wants to but a gun must pass a mental stability test to acquire a firearm. This law is to prevent murders like at the Colorado movie theater at the dark knight rises showing.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 6 hours
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 pm

It's been said before and I'll say it again: So much fail for so few words.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#10
Proposed by: PinkieNails

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: ACKNOWLEDGING that WA members are outnumbered by non members,

REALIZING that WA member nations have the potential to be the most influential,

STATING that nuclear weapons could easily fall into the wrong hands,

REALIZING that nuclear weapons have the ability to kill hundreds of thousands of citizens and have a blast radius miles wide,

DECLARING that nuclear weapons are a threat to all humanity,

HORRIFIED that the WA would condone an increase in nuclear proliferation,

RECOGNIZING that WA nations have a duty to improve the world of NationStates,

STATING that if the world is to become a safer place, all nations must disarm, and that begins with the World Assembly,

REQUIRES that all World Assembly members must disarm their nuclear weapons to be the example and make the world a safer place.
Illegal, contains new legislation.

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:31 am

A two'fer

Preservation of Cultures
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Cultural Heritage

Proposed by: Hesninia

Description: -To preserve cultures and to prevent their extinction
-No one should be restricted from practicing their culture
-All cultures are equal and non should be alienated or insulted
-If people have more freedom to practice their culture, their quality of life will increase.
-This can increase everyone's world view

For the better ment of all act

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Tomure

Description: This act will force alll World Assembly Members to hold elections.
Which will allow not only help democracy, but the people of all the nations.
Last edited by Oneracon on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Felix Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2012

Postby Felix Terra » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:34 am

Oneracon wrote:A two'fer

Preservation of Cultures
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity

Area of Effect: Cultural Heritage

Proposed by: Hesninia

Description: -To preserve cultures and to prevent their extinction
-No one should be restricted from practicing their culture
-All cultures are equal and non should be alienated or insulted
-If people have more freedom to practice their culture, their quality of life will increase.
-This can increase everyone's world view

For the better ment of all act

Proposed by: Tomure

Description: This act will force alll World Assembly Members to hold elections.
Which will allow not only help democracy, but the people of all the nations.

To second one: OMG THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO IT!
I disavow anything prior to 2024--I was literally 14 when I first played this nation! Avinis is my main nation nowadays.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Repeal "On Multilateral Trade Talks"

Resolution: GA#221

Proposed by: Corn dog country

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #221: On Multilateral Trade Talks (Category: Free Trade; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The negotiation shall be held every 2 years at the general world assembly sending 1 delegate every 2 years

Sounds like trying to ammend, not repeal

Unified Currencies Initiative
A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.

Category: Free Trade

Proposed by: Goltzborg

Description: In the interest of promoting worldwide economic growth, stability, security, cultural diversity, peace and prosperity, we hereby submit for consideration the proposition for a dedicated development of a singular currency; which shall be used between participating governments and corporations that engage in international and inter-regional trade.

Knowing that a nation's currency is but one of many symbols of internal strength, and also aware of the fact that said symbols of internal strength should not be altered or amended as a domestic instrument of, and for, domestic trade; we hereby, limit the concept of a singular currency to be developed solely for international and inter-regional trade between participating governments and corporations.

The establishment of a equitable monetary exchange rate is paramount to the success of this initiative / proposal; therefore, it is hereby proposed that said monetary exchange rate reflect a perpetual daily general average of the daily values of each particiapting nation's currency.

metagaming

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"

Resolution: GA#10

Proposed by: Spencer7696

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #10: Nuclear Arms Possession Act (Category: International Security; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The "Nuclear Arms Possesion Act" should be reapealed for the following: Abuse of Nuclear Arms against non-WA members that do not pose a threat to ones country.

1. DECLARES that there should be rules for usage for nuclear arms that are strictly enforced to protect smaller nations not looking to harm.

2. REQUIRES that all WA members follow these rules or may be forced to stop nuclear arm producing in their country.

Repeal attempt #1094 I believe. This one has arguments that, in my opinion, can be filed under the "Oh BooHoo" category.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:10 am

Prevention of Same-sex couples
A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice

Proposed by: Peoples republic of the confederency

Description: DEFINES the following for the purpose of this resolution:

Population Growth

MANDATES That Same-sex marriage be criminalised;

Two things:
1.) The definition makes no sense and defines nothing
2.) Completely illegal anyhow because it is direct contradiction to the Freedom of Marriage Act
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Lower Columbia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 01, 2006

Postby Lower Columbia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Bio-Security in Trade
A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Effect: Protective Tariffs

Proposed by: Patriot Mountain

Description: Noting the passage of WA Resolution 208: Resolving WA Trade Disputes and WA Resolution 209: World Assembly Trade Rights,

Realizing the need for provisions to be laid out to regulate the passage of goods that pose a bio-security threat to member nations, whether that be to the health of humans, native flora and fauna or to domestic agricultural industries,

Determined that any limitation to global trade should be done based solely on scientific analysis, to the exclusion to economic, cultural or other considerations,

The General Assembly,

1. Mandates that a Member Nation may exclude imports (the Defendant) from entering their ports on fear that it poses a non-negligible risk to its:a. Human Populace,
b. Native Flora and Fauna, or
c. Domestic Agricultural Industry.
2. Determines that if a Member Nation believes that its exports have been unfairly excluded by another Member Nation (the Plaintiff), that it must submit to that nation its concerns, and call for bilateral talks to take place to resolve the issue.

3.Mandates that if the Defendant continues to exclude exports and the Plaintiff believes that there is no legitimate reason to do so, the Plaintiff may submit to the World Assembly Trade Commission (established under WA Resolution 208), for a Bio-Security arbitration to take place.

4. Determines that the process for a Bio-Security arbitration is:
a. The World Assembly Trade Commission requests the Plaintiff present the scientific analysis for excluding the Defendant's exports,
b. The Plaintiff's scientific analysis is presented to the Defendant for them to prepare a response.
c. The Plaintiff may then respond to the Defendant's response.
d. The World Assembly Trade Commission rules in favour of the Defendant or Plaintiff or imposes some other quarantine restrictions on trade between the Member Nations.
5. Grants that authority to the World Trade Commission, if deemed necessary, to seek outside scientific advice.

6. Mandates that the World Assembly Trade Commission must outline a timeline to both Member Nations for the Bio-Security Arbitration to take place.

7. Determines that if the Defendant fails to meet the conditions of the World Assembly Trade Commission, the Commission shall determine an appropriate financial penalty to be paid by the defendant.

If I'm not mistaken, the first line contains House of Cards violations, and there's another one in Clause 3.
All things in moderation - except for faith
Ruled by His Majesty King Zachary
Represented in the WA by Ambassador Helge Torlakson of the Lower Columbian WA Mission
Gameplay Alignment: -18 / 3
Piss off invaders. Join TITO!

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Lower Columbia wrote:
Bio-Security in Trade
A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Effect: Protective Tariffs

Proposed by: Patriot Mountain

Description: Noting the passage of WA Resolution 208: Resolving WA Trade Disputes and WA Resolution 209: World Assembly Trade Rights,

Realizing the need for provisions to be laid out to regulate the passage of goods that pose a bio-security threat to member nations, whether that be to the health of humans, native flora and fauna or to domestic agricultural industries,

Determined that any limitation to global trade should be done based solely on scientific analysis, to the exclusion to economic, cultural or other considerations,

The General Assembly,

1. Mandates that a Member Nation may exclude imports (the Defendant) from entering their ports on fear that it poses a non-negligible risk to its:a. Human Populace,
b. Native Flora and Fauna, or
c. Domestic Agricultural Industry.
2. Determines that if a Member Nation believes that its exports have been unfairly excluded by another Member Nation (the Plaintiff), that it must submit to that nation its concerns, and call for bilateral talks to take place to resolve the issue.

3.Mandates that if the Defendant continues to exclude exports and the Plaintiff believes that there is no legitimate reason to do so, the Plaintiff may submit to the World Assembly Trade Commission (established under WA Resolution 208), for a Bio-Security arbitration to take place.

4. Determines that the process for a Bio-Security arbitration is:
a. The World Assembly Trade Commission requests the Plaintiff present the scientific analysis for excluding the Defendant's exports,
b. The Plaintiff's scientific analysis is presented to the Defendant for them to prepare a response.
c. The Plaintiff may then respond to the Defendant's response.
d. The World Assembly Trade Commission rules in favour of the Defendant or Plaintiff or imposes some other quarantine restrictions on trade between the Member Nations.
5. Grants that authority to the World Trade Commission, if deemed necessary, to seek outside scientific advice.

6. Mandates that the World Assembly Trade Commission must outline a timeline to both Member Nations for the Bio-Security Arbitration to take place.

7. Determines that if the Defendant fails to meet the conditions of the World Assembly Trade Commission, the Commission shall determine an appropriate financial penalty to be paid by the defendant.

If I'm not mistaken, the first line contains House of Cards violations, and there's another one in Clause 3.

The gnome lawyers are on the case. Chances are it'll drop off the floor before the rest of the gnomes get off their collective asses and provide input.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:
Lower Columbia wrote:

The gnome lawyers are on the case. Chances are it'll drop off the floor before the rest of the gnomes get off their collective asses and provide input.

I don't want to speak for the gnome lawyers, but my understanding of the rules (and certainly, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is that the first line is the House of Cards issue. After all, if those passed resolutions are repealed, this whole line of "rationale" flies out the window, in terms of supporting the resolution. (i.e. the House of Cards is falling down ... )

I think Clause 3 would be fine (although it could do without the reference to 208) as WATC will continue to exist even if 208 is repealed. It's just like mentioning any other committee - but, again, the specific reference to a WA resolution is strange.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:The gnome lawyers are on the case. Chances are it'll drop off the floor before the rest of the gnomes get off their collective asses and provide input.

I don't want to speak for the gnome lawyers, but my understanding of the rules (and certainly, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is that the first line is the House of Cards issue. After all, if those passed resolutions are repealed, this whole line of "rationale" flies out the window, in terms of supporting the resolution. (i.e. the House of Cards is falling down ... )

I think Clause 3 would be fine (although it could do without the reference to 208) as WATC will continue to exist even if 208 is repealed. It's just like mentioning any other committee - but, again, the specific reference to a WA resolution is strange.

The proposal is also wrong. The WATC was not established under GAR #208.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:17 am

AGANIST UN-JUST KILLINGS
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights

Proposed by: Paramountia

Description: This act will insure that nations with dictators, with people dying to be punished by the world assembly court, to make sure that we hold the values of the people of nations who died in the hands of ego-evil dictators. Not all dirtators nations, but the ones who have been seen as a threat or against equality for it's people.
This act will insure that a world court to be made to justice un-just nations. A world ordered court, asked by the republic of Paramountia and other good and free nations around the globe.

WORLD JUSTICE COURT

Description: OVERVIEW:
The world court will be a court to find coupt or hurtful nations un-just and un-fair. The court will be worked by the world assembly, with support from regions.

ACT I:
The world court will be made up of, 30 judges from WA delegates, and 100 jury of WA members and delegates, the formation will be of making sure that nation will not cause a threat to other nations.

ACT II:
Nations must be able to change there ways once the court see it if un-just or fair. By fairness, each commend nation will be able to have a world court lawyer, 14 lawyers, for each sort of case.

ACT III:
At the end it will hopeful help freedom and peace go around in the world and nations. There will also be a list of the top 50 evil nation that must be watched by 15 elected WA delegates to be "security officers" .

NATIONS MUST BE OF FREE GOOD VALUES WITH A GOOD STANDING AND NO ANTI-PEOPLE's IN THEM, GOOD REGIONS TOO, LIKE - UNITED NORTH AMERICA - .

Holy crap on a cracker. These are a real pair of gems. Metagaming, branding, probably more that I can't be bothered to look up. :palm:

Not Ta'veren

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
AGANIST UN-JUST KILLINGS

Description: This act will insure that nations with dictators, with people dying to be punished by the world assembly court, to make sure that we hold the values of the people of nations who died in the hands of ego-evil dictators. Not all dirtators nations, but the ones who have been seen as a threat or against equality for it's people.
This act will insure that a world court to be made to justice un-just nations. A world ordered court, asked by the republic of Paramountia and other good and free nations around the globe.

WORLD JUSTICE COURT

Description: OVERVIEW:
The world court will be a court to find coupt or hurtful nations un-just and un-fair. The court will be worked by the world assembly, with support from regions.

ACT I:
The world court will be made up of, 30 judges from WA delegates, and 100 jury of WA members and delegates, the formation will be of making sure that nation will not cause a threat to other nations.

ACT II:
Nations must be able to change there ways once the court see it if un-just or fair. By fairness, each commend nation will be able to have a world court lawyer, 14 lawyers, for each sort of case.

ACT III:
At the end it will hopeful help freedom and peace go around in the world and nations. There will also be a list of the top 50 evil nation that must be watched by 15 elected WA delegates to be "security officers" .

NATIONS MUST BE OF FREE GOOD VALUES WITH A GOOD STANDING AND NO ANTI-PEOPLE's IN THEM, GOOD REGIONS TOO, LIKE - UNITED NORTH AMERICA - .

Holy crap on a cracker. These are a real pair of gems. Metagaming, branding, probably more that I can't be bothered to look up. :palm:

Like a possible dupe for the second one. Didn't Quelesh already pass the ICC resolution?

Cowardly Pacifists
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cowardly Pacifists » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:11 pm

International Military Union

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security

Proposed by: Vaktus

Description: Description:

NOTICING the lack of cooperation between nations in military actions worldwide

CONCERNED that this confusion could cause unneeded and unintentional casualties and conflicts in war zones

NOTING that throughout multiple military conflicts, different nations have taken different approaches to achieving their goals, and in doing so, have left their main goal escape

The General Assembly adopts the following resolution:

Article I: Introduction

1: The International Military Union Committee will be founded with the intentions of unifying all members under a single military division

2: The IMUC is NOT to be used as a legislative body for military actions, such as the Security Council

3: The IMUC will ONLY engage in military conflicts supported by the Security Council

4: The IMUC is ONLY to be used by members for discussion over military actions, and as a single military in conflicts worldwide

Article II: Structure

1: Any and every nation that is not on the IMUC's watch list, or currently involved in a proposition by the Security Council, may apply for membership.

2: Every applicant must send :

1 Military Representative [A high ranking military officer]
1 National Budget Representative
1 National Leader Representative [In case of the absence of the nations leader]
1 Foreign Policy Official
3 National Diplomats

3: The IMUC is divided into:

The War Council: A division for use in plotting strategies for military offenses or defenses. Attended by the Military Representative, Foreign Policy Official, and a National Diplomat

The International Assembly: The assembly is used for leaders and other officials to ask for support in Security Council proposals, debate the priorities of military intervention requests, and for formal declarations of war on non-member nations by the IMUC as a whole. Attended by the Nation Leader, Military Representative, Foreign Policy Official, National Budget Representative, and a National Diplomat.

The National Exchange: This division is used for the exchange of nations resources. Each nation donates a portion of their military to the IMUC Army, and some funds for support. Nations may donate resources. Attended by Military Representative, and a National Budget Representative.

4: The HIGHCOM

The IMUC's HIGHCOM, or High Command, is an assembly of 25 officials and an assembly of 100 officials from various nations. The structure follows:

- The HIGHCOM Assembly: An assembly of the greatest 100 National Leaders or Military Commanders from various nations. The Assembly votes on military priorities, IMUC involvement, discharge of a nation from the IMUC, etc.

25- The Chairman: Leader of the Assembly, vote counts twice
24- Junior Officer of the Union: Junior leader of the International Assembly
23- Officer of the Union- Leader of the International Assembly
22- Moderator Captain- Junior Leader of the National Exchange
21- Moderator General- Leader of the National Exchange
20- Secretary Captain of the Union- Junior Leader of the Military Council
19- Secretary Major of the Union- Leader of the Military Council
18- Secretary General- Junior Administrator the IMUC
17- Commander General of the Union- Administrator of the IMUC
16- Commandant- Junior Military Commander
15- Commander- Military Commander
14- Commander Major- Junior Commander of all IMUC Operations
13- Commander General- Commander of all IMUC Operations
12- Secretary Official of the Committee- 2nd in Command
1- President- Leader

Approvals: 2 (PrussianEmpire, Providence and Port Hope)

I'll just take the obvious one and let the rest of you pick apart the other illegalities in this piece of work:
The International Military Union Committee will be founded with the intentions of unifying all members under a single military division

Illegal: WA military
The We Already Surrender of Cowardly Pacifists

Warning: Sometimes uses puppets.
Another Warning: Posts from this nation are always OOC.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 am

Cowardly Pacifists wrote:
International Military Union

Category: International Security

Proposed by: Vaktus

Description: Description:

NOTICING the lack of cooperation between nations in military actions worldwide

CONCERNED that this confusion could cause unneeded and unintentional casualties and conflicts in war zones

NOTING that throughout multiple military conflicts, different nations have taken different approaches to achieving their goals, and in doing so, have left their main goal escape

The General Assembly adopts the following resolution:

Article I: Introduction

1: The International Military Union Committee will be founded with the intentions of unifying all members under a single military division

2: The IMUC is NOT to be used as a legislative body for military actions, such as the Security Council

3: The IMUC will ONLY engage in military conflicts supported by the Security Council

4: The IMUC is ONLY to be used by members for discussion over military actions, and as a single military in conflicts worldwide

Article II: Structure

1: Any and every nation that is not on the IMUC's watch list, or currently involved in a proposition by the Security Council, may apply for membership.

2: Every applicant must send :

1 Military Representative [A high ranking military officer]
1 National Budget Representative
1 National Leader Representative [In case of the absence of the nations leader]
1 Foreign Policy Official
3 National Diplomats

3: The IMUC is divided into:

The War Council: A division for use in plotting strategies for military offenses or defenses. Attended by the Military Representative, Foreign Policy Official, and a National Diplomat

The International Assembly: The assembly is used for leaders and other officials to ask for support in Security Council proposals, debate the priorities of military intervention requests, and for formal declarations of war on non-member nations by the IMUC as a whole. Attended by the Nation Leader, Military Representative, Foreign Policy Official, National Budget Representative, and a National Diplomat.

The National Exchange: This division is used for the exchange of nations resources. Each nation donates a portion of their military to the IMUC Army, and some funds for support. Nations may donate resources. Attended by Military Representative, and a National Budget Representative.

4: The HIGHCOM

The IMUC's HIGHCOM, or High Command, is an assembly of 25 officials and an assembly of 100 officials from various nations. The structure follows:

- The HIGHCOM Assembly: An assembly of the greatest 100 National Leaders or Military Commanders from various nations. The Assembly votes on military priorities, IMUC involvement, discharge of a nation from the IMUC, etc.

25- The Chairman: Leader of the Assembly, vote counts twice
24- Junior Officer of the Union: Junior leader of the International Assembly
23- Officer of the Union- Leader of the International Assembly
22- Moderator Captain- Junior Leader of the National Exchange
21- Moderator General- Leader of the National Exchange
20- Secretary Captain of the Union- Junior Leader of the Military Council
19- Secretary Major of the Union- Leader of the Military Council
18- Secretary General- Junior Administrator the IMUC
17- Commander General of the Union- Administrator of the IMUC
16- Commandant- Junior Military Commander
15- Commander- Military Commander
14- Commander Major- Junior Commander of all IMUC Operations
13- Commander General- Commander of all IMUC Operations
12- Secretary Official of the Committee- 2nd in Command
1- President- Leader

Approvals: 2 (PrussianEmpire, Providence and Port Hope)

I'll just take the obvious one and let the rest of you pick apart the other illegalities in this piece of work:
The International Military Union Committee will be founded with the intentions of unifying all members under a single military division

I don't think it actually discusses a WA military at all, but more a military think tank. But the metagaming aspects of the International Assembly does make it illegal without question.

The divided
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The divided » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:18 am

ID: pathozia_1350973241

Improvement of Human Freedoms

Proposed by: Pathozia

Description: The World Assembly:

OBSERVING the overall quality of human rights in all countries on the planet has suffered as of late.

CONCERNED that here are serious problems about the treatment of humans in certain countries.

NOTING that countries that are causing the most concern are ones that have at least two of their human freedoms (civil, economic, political) fall within one of these categories:

6 Below Average, Developing
5 Some, Weak
4 Few, Fragile
3 Rare, Struggling
2 Unheard Of, Basket Case
1 Outlawed, Imploded
These 3rd world countries are either suffering from poor government decisions or complete government neglect.

FURTHER NOTING that not only does human rights affect the well-being of individual countries, it impacts the entire planet. The success of regions depend on the success of the individual nations.

HOPING to address these problems by the end of the year 2012

HEREBY MANDATES:

1. All countries pay attention to the decisions they make while handling issues. In particular countries that meet the criteria to be a 3rd world country.

2. Urge governments to make better decisions to improve the human rights by: addressing all issues seriously with the impacts of these decisions weighed carefully.

3. Countries that are making decisions without any thought of the impact of their responses need to slow down and consider the well-being of their people.

4. Governments intent on torturing their population for entertainment purposes need to consider the rights of humans.

5. Agree to the goal of having all three human rights areas (civil, economic, and political) to be at least above a ranking of 6 (Average or Fair)

6. Have these goals reached by the end of the year 2012

CONSIDER: If this issue is not addressed immediately, humans will continue to suffer from lack of civil, economic, and political freedoms.
Approvals: 10 (Pathozia, Charlzilla, Bourgeoizie, Ahntong, Anime Daisuki, IIIIIDaoistsIIIII, Democatia, Gitchie Manito, Mikeswill, Feux)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

game mechanics/metagaming

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:00 am

Damanucus wrote:
Cowardly Pacifists wrote:I'll just take the obvious one and let the rest of you pick apart the other illegalities in this piece of work:

I don't think it actually discusses a WA military at all, but more a military think tank. But the metagaming aspects of the International Assembly does make it illegal without question.

You must have missed this part, "The National Exchange: This division is used for the exchange of nations resources. Each nation donates a portion of their military to the IMUC Army, and some funds for support. Nations may donate resources. Attended by Military Representative, and a National Budget Representative." I've bolded the important part.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Repeal Historic Resolution 40

Category: International Security | Strength: Mild | Proposed by: North Maine

Description: Repealing the "HISTORICAL RESOLUTION #40" that banned the use of landmines in war. Under this new resolution, nations will be allowed to use landmines during times of war. However, the nations will be required to record the area(s) where the mines are deployed. This information will be made public to the civilians of that nation.

I... I am speechless. Repealing an already repealed resolution? :rofl:
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:

Description: Repealing the "HISTORICAL RESOLUTION #40" that banned the use of landmines in war. Under this new resolution, nations will be allowed to use landmines during times of war. However, the nations will be required to record the area(s) where the mines are deployed. This information will be made public to the civilians of that nation.

That's one of the most unusual Honest Mistake violations I've ever seen.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:11 am

Individuality-ness wrote:

Not the first time that somebody's made such a mistaken attempt, although I think the first time for that particular resolution.
Also, of course, it would be illegal for trying to introduce new legislation in a repeal.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Louisistan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisistan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:14 am

ID: iranwij_1351151223
Bond of Rights

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice
Proposed by: Iranwij

Description: CONSIDERING the importance of 'Working Class' in modern societies and the decisive important role they have in human fundamentals basis,

Noting the structure of some -or maybe- most of the countries economic/social formation is based on a human exploitation and guaranteeing the profit of very few percents of society

Observing the basis of 'Private Ownership' of manufacturing control, put the labour class in a vicious weak position for negotiation

Regarding the Mass production drives more & more people into labour class as white or blue collar workers

Calculating the most of the living people in nowaday societies are an actual Labour

According to the basic of human rights and justice,

Hereby,

1. Forming the workers independent organization in their workplace Must be legalize.

2. The Strike Shall identify as an unquestionable right of workers.

3. Any kind of exclude and sack is illegal Unless the related union has confirm it.

4. All wages Must be decide based on the rate of inflation.

5. If any Private owner of a manufacture unite declare its bankruptcy, the unite ownership Must abalienate to the workers of that unite and they are supposed to control all production and distribution.

6. Any WA member who infract this testament must be eject from WA.

6) seems like a clear game mechanics violation.
Knight of TITO

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 am

Louisistan wrote:6) seems like a clear game mechanics violation.

Not to mention a clear grammatical violation :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives